Page 170 of 247 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Where are the receipts for this supposed new Mewtwo form? Because until something is confirmed, I refuse to believe rumors. And no, I don't buy that PokeBeach stuff because the very first "information leak" didn't mention the names; it wasn't until the second supposed leak that we got less than a day ago that we learned the English names. I'm surprised that people are taking unconfirmed and unreliable information so seriously to be honest. I always assumed concrete, official information was preferable to rumors. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The article mentioned the names of the new Pokemon.
    I didn't see them. At least not Fletchling, Gogoat etc.

Who's saying a second new forme will be in the movie?
    What's the point of showing off one forme in the flick and turning a blind eye to the other?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So what would the point of another Mewtwo forme be in the plot?
    I took a look at Deoxys in its Normal Forme, and then its Speed Forme. Deoxys sacrifices good Attack and Special Attack stats for higher speed. So if this is also the case for Mewtwo unless stated otherwise, then Mewtwo would have no choice but to get a new forme for better attack, unless the new forme keeps the speed stat...

Yeah I have no idea what I'm talking about :/. But that's what came to my mind when I read that sentence, outside of an obvious DragonBall Z reference/joke.

But Haunter may be right in that a second forme would be version exclusive, much like Kyurem's formes in Black/White 2. Which makes me think the sixteenth movie will turn into movie fourteen... oh God, that better not be the case.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I didn't see them. At least not Fletchling, Gogoat etc.
    They did, i'll look for the receipts again.

What's the point of showing off one forme in the flick and turning a blind eye to the other?
    Remember Deoxy's Speed Forme in Movie 7?...

Oh yeah, it was just a coincidence the English names where all right -_-

And weren't people already suspicious when the files for Mewtwo came out labeled mewtwoX.jpg or something along those lines?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I took a look at Deoxys in its Normal Forme, and then its Speed Forme. Deoxys sacrifices good Attack and Special Attack stats for higher speed. So if this is also the case for Mewtwo unless stated otherwise, then Mewtwo would have no choice but to get a new forme for better attack, unless the new forme keeps the speed stat...
    Deoxys had a excuse for the Speed Forme not showing up in M07 - the thing didn't even exist yet. And if the manga's anything to go by, Kid Two will be at least faster than normal Mewtwo. And who says Mewtwo has no choice for an attack forme? It's not like he even needs it.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I'm gonna stop speculating now until more hints come along, but I definetly want another Mewtwo Forme simply because it could be better than this first forme and do some justice. Another forme isn't going to hurt anything anymore since we've already had one new forme.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Oh yeah, it was just a coincidence the English names where all right
    Probably, although technically the supposed source got Pancham's name wrong; they called it "Panchum." Hence why I don't really believe that this is insider info.

Anyway, this movie seems kinda reductive even if Mewtwo doesn't get a second new form. I just looked through the comic scans and a lot of scenes were reminiscent of those from not only the Deoxys movie, but from a few others as well. I really thought the plot would improve because the movies have always had great storylines, but so far, the plot seems tacked on in this movie. The whole thing seems to revolve around action scenes like Mewtwo vs. Genesect and while action is always good, it seems too prominent in this movie.

nd who says Mewtwo has no choice for an attack forme? It's not like he even needs it.
    I'm not saying he could need an Attack Forme (I don't want any other formes, honestly, I'm sick of formes), but Mewtwo has good Attack stat for being a Psychic type, so if it's like with Deoxys and his new forme cuts down attack for speed, then he would need another alternative to back it up.

But I'm not someone to go to when it comes to these things, all I'm good for is making external observations, and that's what came to mind. Of course, if Mewtwo is "incomplete" and thus this forme is "complete", then perhaps I have nothing to worry about, and even then anime =/= games, so this is just going to get waved off as silly speculation. Which is fine by me, frankly.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Is Mew confirmed for the movie by anychance? I see Mew's tail on the new Mewtwo's head. Mewtwo also used many attacks. Could they have merged?

Name: Leaflo
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Teams:

Team White in Rotation:

Looking for Vivillionof the world. Legendaries too!
    I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfect ivs, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are and treat them like individuals instead of drones. So I herd u leik teh mudkipz
    I have a group of Mudkips and Shinx looking for a good home. Pm me with offers. May just give them away for a Patrat

It's possible they're using one Mewtwo form for the movie and saving the other for the anime, possibly to be used in a closer adaptation of whatever story the games has to go with the new forms. Or there is no second form and we dun been trolled.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by a cat View Post
    Is Mew confirmed for the movie by anychance? I see Mew's tail on the new Mewtwo's head. Mewtwo also used many attacks. Could they have merged?
    I see no reason for a fusion. BW Kyurem was planned to be a fusion since Zek, resh, and kyu were all once the same dragon. However, I think we'll see a glimpse of Mew somewhere. He was in Returns for like 3 seconds so it could happen again. Maybe in the credits or something.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Remember Deoxy's Speed Forme in Movie 7?...
    Deoxys's Speed Forme didn't exist when that movie came out.

As for this whole Mewtwo thing, I'm not saying anything until we learn more besides that it is possible.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Deoxys's Speed Forme didn't exist when that movie came out.

As for this whole Mewtwo thing, I'm not saying anything until we learn more besides that it is possible.
    So?

The fact is a featured Pokemons forme didn't appear.

The same could happen in this movie.

Don't care about this rumor until it's confirmed, I'll be surprised if another Mewtwo forme is revealed though.

So?

The fact is a featured Pokemons forme didn't appear.

The same could happen in this movie.
    How could a Forme that did not exist at the time of the movie's release be included in the movie?

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

How could a Forme that did not exist at the time of the movie's release be included in the movie?
    You're not getting the message.

The point is, a form didn't appear in a movie regardless.

There's no reason another new forme HAS to be in the movie.

I don't honestly see the point in Mewtwo getting two formes for (one for X and one for Y) X and Y
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Mewtwo vs Genosect?
    Who wouldn't want to
    see an epic battle like that?

You're not getting the message.

The point is, a form didn't appear in a movie regardless.
    And there's a message you're not getting, too.

Speed Forme did not exist at the time the movie was made. Tell me how they could have included something in the movie that did not exist at the time? It's like saying that the new Forme of Mewtwo was simply left out of the first movie because the writers chose to not use it.

There's no reason another new forme HAS to be in the movie.
    Marketing. Pushing one Mewtwo forme over another is an asinine marketing decision.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

I'm gonna stop speculating now until more hints come along, but I definetly want another Mewtwo Forme simply because it could be better than this first forme and do some justice. Another forme isn't going to hurt anything anymore since we've already had one new forme.
    This I agree with. I'm not gonna stop speculating (in general, I'm literally exhausted atm), but another Mewtwo forme could clarify some stuff. I already despise GF for giving Mewtwo a forme, it can't get any worse by adding another, whether it bombs or not.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Speed Forme did not exist at the time the movie was made. Tell me how they could have included something in the movie that did not exist at the time?
    Speed Forme's silhouette was revealed on the same day as Movie 7's premiere. It could have easily been included in the movie as a pre-cursor to Emerald, as has been the case with several Formes since then.

That said, it isn't too late to reveal a second Mewtwo Forme in time for the movie. But there is reason to believe that WPM's source may have sent him a combination of real and false information.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Speed Forme's silhouette was revealed on the same day as Movie 7's premiere. It could have easily been included in the movie as a pre-cursor to Emerald, as has been the case with several Formes since then.

That said, it isn't too late to reveal a second Mewtwo Forme in time for the movie. But there is reason to believe that WPM's source may have sent him a combination of real and false information.
    People still listen to WPM for news? This is the same guy who begged the anime storyboard director back in 2008 like 3 times to bring Misty back into the series.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    People still listen to WPM for news? This is the same guy who begged the anime storyboard director back in 2008 like 3 times to bring Misty back into the series.
    But really we're listening to the source, it's just through PokéBeach we are doing so.

There is always the chance it's just a simple form that doesn't contribute much to the movie.

Also, ever thought they are hiding it as a SUPRISE?! I know people think Pokémon reveals everything before the movie, but there is always the chance they are hiding that (and another Eeveelution for the short in my mind) until people actually go watch them and THEN reveal them officially.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

And there's a message you're not getting, too.
    No, I completely understand the situation.

I'm saying there's no reason why another forme has to be in the Movie.

We've already had Mewtwo in Movie 1 and Deoxys in Movie 7 not reveal a forme (Yes, despite not existing) so there's no reason to automatically assume if there is another new forme it will be in the movie.

Speed Forme did not exist at the time the movie was made. Tell me how they could have included something in the movie that did not exist at the time? It's like saying that the new Forme of Mewtwo was simply left out of the first movie because the writers chose to not use it.
    Read above.

Marketing. Pushing one Mewtwo forme over another is an asinine marketing decision.
    Ah, marketing. Every serebii user's answer to why something is happening in the anime.

The writers don't always include special things such as legendaries into movies (remember Ho-Oh, Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit, Cresselia and Meloetta's huge roles in the movies?) - Mewtwo Forme2 could easily be in the anime instead.

-----

Hear me out Butler.

I'm not saying a new forme is happening, i'm not saying a new forme isn't happening.

I'm not saying a new forme won't be in the movie, but i'm not saying a new forme will be in the movie either.

I'm just stating things how they are and could happen. Everything is 50/50, and i'm just not a fan of people treating everything like it's solid fact will happen. It seems like only yesterday masses of people were telling me Mewtwo would NEVER appear in Movie 16.

EDIT: Oh, and I do actually want another forme simply because yes i don't mind Mewtwo X at the moment, but it's not amazing and any other forme can only do justice as-well as develop Mewtwo that little bit more.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 15th May 2013 at 4:36 PM.

Page 170 of 247 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast