Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Until it gets defeated. The last picture implies that it's cooperating with Mewtwo now, unless Mewtwo is just trying to get rid of it, which I doubt. I suspect that they're flying to the atmosphere or outer space so that they can pinpoint the Genesect's home from above.
    I don't know any Japanese, but the last few panels makes it look like Mewtwo's uber mad at Red (and Red mad at Mewtwo) and it kinda looks like Mewtwo's performing some sort of "I'm taking you with me" move, going into space to minimise casualties. And I think the last words say something like "what has become of Mewtwo?" or something.

Again, I could be wrong and if it is, blame the way the pages are shown (not sure if any are missing) and my lack of knowledge on Japanese.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I don't know any Japanese, but the last few panels makes it look like Mewtwo's uber mad at Red (and Red mad at Mewtwo) and it kinda looks like Mewtwo's performing some sort of "I'm taking you with me" move, going into space to minimise casualties. And I think the last words say something like "what has become of Mewtwo?" or something.

Again, I could be wrong and if it is, blame the way the pages are shown (not sure if any are missing) and my lack of knowledge on Japanese.
    I think you're right. It really looks to me as if Mewtwo is restraining Red Genesect, not to mention that if the fight was actually over, why would Mewtwo need to Forme Change again?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Genesect may or may not have become friendly yet, but I can't see how the battle isn't over since Mewtwo has the upper hand in more ways than one. It would be extremely unrealistic for Genesect to fight back now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    not to mention that if the fight was actually over, why would Mewtwo need to Forme Change again?
    Because that's the only way it can fly to outer space. Genesect would have a hard time dealing with that environment and so it might finally come to its senses.

I know it's an unreliable source of information, but explain all the intros that show Mewtwo in his regular mode flying in space clearly.

And all the trading cards that show him in space.

And also explain how you know Mewtwo CAN'T go into space normally, and how you know his new forme CAN.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I know it's an unreliable source of information, but explain all the intros that show Mewtwo in his regular mode flying in space clearly.
    One intro, all the way back from 1997. I don't need to explain that.

And all the trading cards that show him in space.
    I've just browsed a list and there are only some Mewtwo cards with a generic dark background.

And also explain how you know Mewtwo CAN'T go into space normally, and how you know his new forme CAN.
    So what's your argument? That the only thing the Forme is good for is battling Genesect? Last I checked Mewtwo was perfectly strong in its first two appearances, but it didn't travel to outer space. The Forme, on the other hand, has already shown that it is capable of flying at supersonic speed, which should give it an advantage in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    One intro, all the way back from 1997. I don't need to explain that.
    What about the one in Sinnoh League Victors? Again, intros =/= reliable source, but still.

So what's your argument? That the only thing the Forme is good for is battling Genesect? Last I checked Mewtwo was perfectly strong in its first two appearances, but it didn't travel to outer space. The Forme, on the other hand, has already shown that it is capable of flying at supersonic speed, which should give it an advantage in space.
    No, my argument is that there's nothing that's said "Mewtwo absolutely cannot go into space without this new forme".

Once again, the film looks even greater than it already did.

July 13th cannot come quick enough.

Some thing is coming out on the 11th.

Could this "Mewtwo - The Prologue to its Awakening" end the dispute on whether or not it's the same?

Yes? No?
        Spoiler:- Img:

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    I think you're right. It really looks to me as if Mewtwo is restraining Red Genesect, not to mention that if the fight was actually over, why would Mewtwo need to Forme Change again?
    I would kill for that ending. Red Genesect won't be able to understand things even at the end, Mewtwo forces it and takes it to outer space to prevent further damage....I think I am expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Could this "Mewtwo - The Prologue to its Awakening" end the dispute on whether or not it's the same?

Yes? No?
    Maybe it will show case how Mewtwo transformed into a Super Saiyan new forme.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post

Maybe it will show case how Mewtwo transformed into a Super Saiyan new forme.
    The title alone implies that's exactly what's going to happen.

I hope we get some insight as to why and under what circumstances Mewtwo changes into its new form. Of course, some kind of information whether it is the same Mewtwo or not would be more than welcome.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

I would assume maybe it's the result of some genetic fault or perhaps a recessive gene that activates when in certain conditions. And perhaps Mewtwo's female voice is the voice of his new forme, and he's still going through the process of transforming by the time the film begins.

I'm almost definete it's going to be how Mewtwo first gained it's Awakened form. It essentially seems like the Birth of Mewtwo for Movie 16.

Any wagers on how he does it? I'm guessing he's attempting to save some Pokemon in a forest fire but isn't fast enough to save a small group, he transforms into the form out of sheer desperation and speeds across saving them just in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I'm almost definete it's going to be how Mewtwo first gained it's Awakened form. It essentially seems like the Birth of Mewtwo for Movie 16.

Any wagers on how he does it? I'm guessing he's attempting to save some Pokemon in a forest fire but isn't fast enough to save a small group, he transforms into the form out of sheer desperation and speeds across saving them just in time.
    It could do something with Mew's DNA which has the capability to temporarily transform into any Pokemon. But in Mewtwo's case, it must have found a way to control it's own DNA and become faster. The shift in DNA causes its transformation and make its voice female.

To put it in a more clear fashion: So my theory is that Mewtwo being the advanced version of Mew, must have known to use the ability to Transform its DNA just like Mew does, except Mewtwo does it to change his stats instead of transforming into an existing Pokemon. Even Dr. Fuji might not have predicted such a capability, thus justifying the fact that it was unknown in movie 1

Although, I think the anime will simply say: Mewtwo transformed in desperation. They won't exactly tell you "how" it magically learnt to transform.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 13th June 2013 at 3:07 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Here's the full page from corocoro which holds the 'prologue' information at the bottom. The art of Mewtwo and Red Genesect looks cool.

Just a quick thought came to mind - what if Mewtwo's female voice is actually meant to sound like a boy? There might be some Japanese lingo in the trailer that may or may not specify feminity when Mewtwo speaks.

Spoiler:- img:

Last CoroCoro chapter.

No Shift Gear?
    Crappy camera... or is that crappy ink? Why is it inked in blue o_O? Can't see the art correctly >:/. Looks really neat, though. Looks like Mewtwo doesn't stay in his new forme for very long (guess either willingly, or because of energy drainage). And it would be neat to have Red Genesect remain a prick.

Wait, they're going up into space? ...time for pretty animation?

Yes? No?
    Well at least they're having a prologue. Is this a manga chapter, or animated, I can't exactly tell... though it looks like it may be animated. Ruh-oh, Mewtwo got piiiiiissed at something.

Just a quick thought came to mind - what if Mewtwo's female voice is actually meant to sound like a boy? There might be some Japanese lingo in the trailer that may or may not specify feminity when Mewtwo speaks.
    Yeaaaaah, no. Mewtwo doesn't sound like a young boy in the trailer, not when compared to how he sounded in the CD Drama and short. And even then, why would they make his voice younger? Is his body deaging or something? They would have to explain that if that's the case.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 13th June 2013 at 5:14 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Ruh-oh, Mewtwo got piiiiiissed at something.
    I think that this could be Mewtwo's first encounter with the Genesect Army. Unless there's something in the trailer/manga that slipped my mind that states otherwise.

I think that this could be Mewtwo's first encounter with the Genesect Army. Unless there's something in the trailer/manga that slipped my mind that states otherwise.
    I believe in the manga, Mewtwo see's them, specifically on the rampage and states how they are similar to him created by humans etc.

I doubt he'd say this if he's already seen them before so no, it's likely his first encounter with them in Movie 16.

They were in the mountains according to the manga. Far as I know, there were no forests nearby, even though Mewtwo did look a bit winded when he found the cave of Pokémon. So... perhaps he saved them? I dunno, he still looks like he got really angry at something. That would be a neat thing, honestly, to have rage bring that out in him lol "Mewtwo smash". He had never really gotten that angry since the beginning of the first movie, and considering he was still pretty "young", there wouldn't have been a way for him to transform yet.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Given how they were seen near a building in the Patrat and Watchog episodes, I'm guessing that they met Mewtwo before getting to the mountains.

If the movie ends like the manga with Mewtwo taking Genosect somewhere, I'm assuming that during X and Y we will have a sequel movie to that but I'm also assuming that isn't the case, they wouldn't show the entire movie in the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If the movie ends like the manga with Mewtwo taking Genosect somewhere, I'm assuming that during X and Y we will have a sequel movie to that but I'm also assuming that isn't the case, they wouldn't show the entire movie in the manga.
    So... like the movie does full circle to the first movie when Mewtwo left with Mew and his clones? Eh... I could accept that, but that seems a bit dumb. And if Red Genesect isn't fully defeated at the end and it has a change of heart, I still think it would take its own group elsewhere without Mewtwo's guidance. And then Mewtwo will just leave and wander the world again or go back to the city he probably lives in. I'm sure the credits will have a whole "Where are they now?" scene for both.
    I survived Pupa.

I kind of like that idea for an ending actually. The Genesect travelling far beyond with Mewtwo to an unknown place to return in X/Y at a later date.

I'm one who believes there will be another forme which may be saved for the anime instead likely the X/Y anime, hence why no announcement has been made. That'd be pretty cool since it seems Mewtwo will have a prominent role with it's new form in the games.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 13th June 2013 at 5:57 PM.

Also, I think there could be a Mew cameo. Really, you can't have Mewtwo without mentioning his origins. There was a non-speaking brief cameo in Mewtwo Returns, so no matter the role, if it's a role at all, Mew could have at least a very brief nod towards it. If this is the conclusion to Mewtwo's story, then him coming to terms with who he is would definitely have to include him acknowledging who he is as a Mew clone, but also as his own persona. You know?

I will be a bit disappointed if there is no mention of Mew in this movie. We don't have to see an actual presence of Mew in the movie, it could be just through flashbacks or whatnot.
    I survived Pupa.

Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast