Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #4476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I will be a bit disappointed if there is no mention of Mew in this movie. We don't have to see an actual presence of Mew in the movie, it could be just through flashbacks or whatnot.
    I'll be disappointed if we don't get anything but i'm fairly confident something will show up.

    I know the manga has completely disregarded the events of Movie 1, but an image of ancient Mew is in the lab with the scientists.

  2. #4477
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    I'm happy that we are getting the prologue of the next movie 2 days before airing to hype the movie. Because older fans don't care about a movie who aired 1 year ago.

    I'm interested about what happen with the break. It's getting obvious that the schedule would be:
    JUly 4: Beeheeyem
    July 11: Prologue of Mewtwo.
    July 18: Generation VI anime debut.
    July 25: Eevee evolution episode.

    I'm surprised that CoroCoro hasn't do any information yet about the Keldeo movie actually airing. We will know it in a maximum of one week, but if the Keldeo movie doesn't air, it means that there will be only one week with no DA episodes (and more important, every week will have 30 minutes of Pokemon.

  3. #4478
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If the movie ends like the manga with Mewtwo taking Genosect somewhere, I'm assuming that during X and Y we will have a sequel movie to that but I'm also assuming that isn't the case, they wouldn't show the entire movie in the manga.
    Judging from what happened in previous years, the manga doesn't cover the last 15-20 minutes of the movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I'm surprised that CoroCoro hasn't do any information yet about the Keldeo movie actually airing. We will know it in a maximum of one week, but if the Keldeo movie doesn't air, it means that there will be only one week with no DA episodes (and more important, every week will have 30 minutes of Pokemon.
    According to Dephender, Movie 15 will indeed air on July 11th. The Mewtwo prologue probably replaces the Meloetta short.
    Last edited by Kein; 14th June 2013 at 12:05 AM.

  4. #4479
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,174

    Default

    If there is indeed a sequel to this movie since the ending of the manga makes it seem like a cliffhanger I could see Mewtwo appearing in his other new form(if he has one) with Genesect fighting against Xerneas and Yveltal.

  5. #4480
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    If there is indeed a sequel to this movie since the ending of the manga makes it seem like a cliffhanger I could see Mewtwo appearing in his other new form(if he has one) with Genesect fighting against Xerneas and Yveltal.
    The movie manga serializations never show the ending....

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  6. #4481
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I thought this was the second to last chapter?


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  7. #4482
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    I thought this was the second to last chapter?
    The final chapter will be limited to the volume release.

  8. #4483
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    The final chapter will be limited to the volume release.
    Which is to be released on July 13, for the sake of knowledge.

    Kein, have you heard anything about the soundtrack CD for this movie?

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  9. #4484
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Kein, have you heard anything about the soundtrack CD for this movie?
    I'm pretty sure that nothing has been mentioned yet.

  10. #4485
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I kind of like that idea for an ending actually. The Genesect travelling far beyond with Mewtwo to an unknown place to return in X/Y at a later date.
    No thanks. I don't want this movie to end like the other Mewtwo movie. I just think it would be repetitive and redundant to have two movies end in virtually the same way. Also, I don't think it's fair to other Legendary Pokemon to have Mewtwo star in three movies, which is why I'm against any possible sequel to this one. Heck, even a special would be a bad idea imo. Just end the Mewtwo thing here and move on to other Pokemon please, movie writing staff.

  11. #4486

    Default

    So according to Bulbanews (here), after Red attacks the other Genesect, Mewtwo says "So you won't understand, no matter what?!" and when carrying Red, he says "Then come with me... to a place where nobody else exists...".

    While he is likely talking about space, in my opinion, that could mean anything.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  12. #4487
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    Well, does it literally say "where nobody else exists"? Because I can see people interpreting that as death. But I know they would never do that.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  13. #4488
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I'm pretty sure that nothing has been mentioned yet.
    That's pretty unusual, isn't it? Usually we hear something by now.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  14. #4489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Well, does it literally say "where nobody else exists"?
    *checks URL source* ...yeah, he definetely says what I typed, word for word.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  15. #4490
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Mewtwo is clearly going to fly Genesect into the sun.

    (I wish.)

  16. #4491
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So according to Bulbanews (here), after Red attacks the other Genesect, Mewtwo says "So you won't understand, no matter what?!" and when carrying Red, he says "Then come with me... to a place where nobody else exists...".

    While he is likely talking about space, in my opinion, that could mean anything.
    I desperately need a fanart of Mewtwo, Deoxys and Red Genesect hanging out in space......

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  17. #4492
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So according to Bulbanews (here), after Red attacks the other Genesect, Mewtwo says "So you won't understand, no matter what?!" and when carrying Red, he says "Then come with me... to a place where nobody else exists...".

    While he is likely talking about space, in my opinion, that could mean anything.
    Ha ha, mutiny against Red! Yesssssssss.

    Holy crap, what if he takes him to New Island o_o? He'd give Genesect a talk-down on what kind of hell he went through and see if that would soften him up. But it would be nice for Red Genesect to be a prick so Mewtwo is forced to beat Red to a pulp. Space would be a neat setting, in which case I half-expect Rayquaza to make a cameo appearance because it's apparently butthurt about its territory.

    I'm going to go "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS" if Ash or anyone ends up sacrificing themselves to stop the fighting. Yes, it'd be a callback to the first movie, but it's pointless otherwise.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  18. #4493
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Ha ha, mutiny against Red! Yesssssssss.

    Holy crap, what if he takes him to New Island o_o? He'd give Genesect a talk-down on what kind of hell he went through and see if that would soften him up. But it would be nice for Red Genesect to be a prick so Mewtwo is forced to beat Red to a pulp. Space would be a neat setting, in which case I half-expect Rayquaza to make a cameo appearance because it's apparently butthurt about its territory.

    I'm going to go "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS" if Ash or anyone ends up sacrificing themselves to stop the fighting. Yes, it'd be a callback to the first movie, but it's pointless otherwise.
    Rayquaza well the movie version only had a problem with extraterrestrials entering Earth's atmosphere.

    The Rayquaza in the DP episode with that Togepi version, was probably upset with having the rocket being flown at it.

    But I guess it could be considered territorial
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #4494
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    I have to say that I'm a lot more interested in the movie now due to the prologue and the possibility of the climax taking place in space. The Forme seems to have actual substance to it, as opposed to being a battle weapon. The previous chapters of the manga adaptation were disappointing, but the plot is finally starting to feel unique. The prologue also explains the utter lack of backstory in the manga, which reminds me of what happened with Movie 1, where manga author Ono Toshihiro created his own version of Mewtwo's backstory that ended up contradicting The Birth of Mewtwo.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler
    That's pretty unusual, isn't it? Usually we hear something by now.
    For the previous two movies, Dogasu only posted about the soundtrack in the second half of June.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare
    Although, I think the anime will simply say: Mewtwo transformed in desperation. They won't exactly tell you "how" it magically learnt to transform.
    If that were the case, why would the prologue exist at all? They could have just had Mewtwo unlock the Forme in the movie while facing Genesect.
    Last edited by Kein; 14th June 2013 at 12:23 PM.

  20. #4495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    No thanks. I don't want this movie to end like the other Mewtwo movie. I just think it would be repetitive and redundant to have two movies end in virtually the same way. Also, I don't think it's fair to other Legendary Pokemon to have Mewtwo star in three movies, which is why I'm against any possible sequel to this one. Heck, even a special would be a bad idea imo. Just end the Mewtwo thing here and move on to other Pokemon please, movie writing staff.
    I don't mind it ending like that, I don't necesserily want it to but i'd be content with it.

    Also, I can understand if your not a fan of Mewtwo you wouldn't want another movie but i'm sure you know i'd love the idea, regardless I doubt he'd get another movie until Mewthree exists.

    What's wrong with a special though?

    I can definetly see Mewtwo making some form of return in X/Y to showcase the other forme (presuming there is one).

    ---

    Oh yeah, sorry for not replying earlier.

    The image below is from the 'Birth of Mewtwo CD Radio Drama' - Which was then animated into the short prologue Birth of Mewtwo for Movie 1. Since the Birth of Mewtwo had no image, I used the Radio Drama image which doesn't really make much difference as it still depicts the same thing - Baby Mewtwo and Ambertwo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So according to Bulbanews (here), after Red attacks the other Genesect, Mewtwo says "So you won't understand, no matter what?!" and when carrying Red, he says "Then come with me... to a place where nobody else exists...".
    Wow, this sounds incredible.

    Space seems like the liable option really. I'm curious as to why "a place where nobody else exists" could change Red Genesects mind though.

    It seems he's pretty set on not caring about anything, so i don't see how being alone could change him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I'm going to go "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS" if Ash or anyone ends up sacrificing themselves to stop the fighting. Yes, it'd be a callback to the first movie, but it's pointless otherwise.
    I'd like if that throwback happened, it'd feel full circle on the anime to an extent - But at least shows Ash is still a caring trainer today and hopefully will be an emotional scene - a feeling the anime struggles to do today.

  21. #4496
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So according to Bulbanews (here), after Red attacks the other Genesect, Mewtwo says "So you won't understand, no matter what?!" and when carrying Red, he says "Then come with me... to a place where nobody else exists...".

    While he is likely talking about space, in my opinion, that could mean anything.
    Don't tell me that Mewtwo would take the Red Genesect to the Moon where Mewtwo mysteriously learns Moonblast and defeats Red Genesect.

  22. #4497
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227
    I can definetly see Mewtwo making some form of return in X/Y to showcase the other forme (presuming there is one).
    Don't hold your breath. The PokéBeach rumors may be right about some things, but they were wrong about riding being limited to Gogoat, the player only having two rivals, and most likely about Fairy being super effective against Dark.

    I fully expect Mewtwo to have a role in the games, but chances are that the movie Mewtwo will be required to unlock the new Forme. If there were two version-exclusive Formes, the second one would look completely random due to being absent from the movie.

  23. #4498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Don't hold your breath. The PokéBeach rumors may be right about some things, but they were wrong about riding being limited to Gogoat, the player only having two rivals, and most likely about Fairy being super effective against Dark.
    I'm actually not basing my thoughts on that dudes statements funny enough, i'm basing it on what I think would be quite logical in general, Mewtwo returning with one new forme is surprising enough, so thinking that he may have an exclusive forme for X and Y wouldn't be a stretch - For me this is supported by the fact the image on the site said M2X.

    I fully expect Mewtwo to have a role in the games, but chances are that the movie Mewtwo will be required to unlock the new Forme. If there were two version-exclusive Formes, the second one would look completely random due to being absent from the movie.
    I expect him to have a role in the games too, but another form wouldn't seem random if it was featured in a Special or the Anime. If he does have another forme and this is the case, it's clever marketing if you ask me.

  24. #4499
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I have to say that I'm a lot more interested in the movie now due to the prologue and the possibility of the climax taking place in space. The Forme seems to have actual substance to it, as opposed to being a battle weapon. The previous chapters of the manga adaptation were disappointing, but the plot is finally starting to feel unique. The prologue also explains the utter lack of backstory in the manga, which reminds me of what happened with Movie 1, where manga author Ono Toshihiro created his own version of Mewtwo's backstory that ended up contradicting The Birth of Mewtwo.


    For the previous two movies, Dogasu only posted about the soundtrack in the second half of June.


    If that were the case, why would the prologue exist at all? They could have just had Mewtwo unlock the Forme in the movie while facing Genesect.
    Read my post again. What I said was, they wouldn't go into the specifics like how Mewtwo can transform...it's a lot different from when it learned to transform. I've written my own theory about it in that post, I am pretty sure they won't go into the specifics like how Mew could alter its DNA and how Mewtwo used that ability to alter its own, they will simply show Mewtwo transforming like how Goku transformed into a Super Saiyan in a pinch.(Note that it's my theory...)

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  25. #4500
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Don't tell me that Mewtwo would take the Red Genesect to the Moon where Mewtwo mysteriously learns Moonblast and defeats Red Genesect.
    Hahaha, actually, I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happened, especially if Newtwo is indeed Psychic/Fairy type. Maybe it knows the move already but needs to boost it to maximum strength on the moon? Sounds kinda awkward though.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •