Page 185 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    It couldn't logically happen. Any and all research during the project was destroyed. Anyone and everyone involved was either killed or amnesia'd. All the necessary equipment and machinery (that likely took several amounts of movey to make) was destroyed too. There was nothing left to recreate Mewtwo.

"Oh but wait Spin Attaxx there may have been a bunch of spies/workers who quit before the massacre!" OK, even if there were some people who took away research, do you honestly think they had enough to recreate a Mewtwo from scratch? Do you think they'd have the finances/technology to do so? Where would they get the necessary DNA? And even if they did, sooner or later someone's going to find out that a whole load of scientists disappeared off the face of the earth. Who in their right mind would go "hey, let's make this absurdly strong freak of nature even though the guys who initially made are now missing presumed dead"?

And FURTHERMORE, even if someone had all the necessary means to make Mewtwo, and even if someone was crazy/daring/stupid to do so, the success rate was stated to be low. It took multiple efforts to create ONE Mew clone that survived, it would take just as many to do another one.

Hence why another Mewtwo couldn't POSSIBLY exist. And why it's stupid that another one does.

Also, watch as the prologue doesn't explain it/explains it vaguely.
    While I would agree with you.

Keep in mind a region's scientists may actually have limited knowledge of science and medicine, than another country, especially one that is obviously going to be tight lipped about genetic breakthroughs (think of the show called Eureka).

The Kalos region is heavily DNA themed, or so we're guessing, which mean these scientists were born and bred to know about genetics, and most likely cloning.

Kanto on the other hand, has sciences in other places, Kanto created the master ball, and some other things, and we're not focused on genetics.

But I do agree, that the creation of another Mewtwo, with NO plausible explanation is bad writing pure and simple. ESPECIALLY since it's called Mewtwo and isn't green.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    ESPECIALLY since it's called Mewtwo and isn't green.
    If they were going with a different Mewtwo from the beginning, they should've made it shiny. Shiny vs Shiny would've been cool.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    If they were going with a different Mewtwo from the beginning, they should've made it shiny. Shiny vs Shiny would've been cool.
    I guess they didn't want to spoil info, but I agree. A green Mewtwo would have been better.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I don't know what to think, other than wait.

None of the info we have been given throughout the whole announcement of Mewtwo returning has been clear, and this new information in-particular is extremely vague.
    We have people who saw the movie saying that this Mewtwo and the first Mewtwo literally aren't the same. What's so vague about that?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    There is literally a character in the special explaining this Mewtwo's past. Why are you saying this?
    He doesn't seem to be explaining who actually created Mewtwo though. All we see is Mewtwo in a huge test tube and then him being subjected to cruel tests by some shadowy characters. How does that answer our questions or even begin to cover the plot holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    We have people who saw the movie saying that this Mewtwo and the first Mewtwo literally aren't the same. What's so vague about that?
    We have one person with three small translated (seems like poor translations judging by the alliteration) lines which are kept very short and lack detail. I could easily claim i've seen the movie and say anything without any proof of it all. If a handful of people claim the same small quotes i'd agree but they haven't so I don't right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Satoshi not talk about 1st Mewtwo.
    New Mewtwo is another individual.
    He meets a New Mewtwo by chance.
    Potential best movie just became worst movie. Even Keldeo got more of a story than this.

Good job, writers, you destroyed the last bit of Shudo's legacy.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

We have one person with three small translated (seems like poor translations judging by the alliteration) lines which are kept very short and lack detail. I could easily claim i've seen the movie and say anything without any proof of it all. If a handful of people claim the same small quotes i'd agree but they haven't so I don't right now.
    Said person has pictures proving that they downloaded the Red Genesect. The reason that the lines are short is that there simply isn't anything to explain about the movie not referencing the original Mewtwo or the new Mewtwo's backstory. Blame the writers rather than the messenger.

It explains why Mewtwo is voiced by a girl, and going through a roughly same plot.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Said person has pictures proving that they downloaded the Red Genesect. The reason that the lines are short is that there simply isn't anything to explain about the movie not referencing the original Mewtwo or the new Mewtwo's backstory. Blame the writers rather than the messenger.
    I'm not saying I don't believe it, i'm just saying i'd rather see a fully detailed piece of info rather than this short answer from one single person.

--

If it turns out to be true, i don't know how i'll feel.

In a way it's a double edged sword. The original Mewtwo will not have been touched, he will not have been messed around with as a character. No new feminine voice, no new form. No rewritten backstory (which people seemed to believe for some reason). Nothing.

On the other hand, i'm disappointed that we potentially won't be seeing the original Mewtwo and instead feel like his legacy has been ruined by a newcomer Mewtwo.

Depending on how this turns out, i think i may be extremely annoyed with the writers for trolling us senselessly into believing it was the original Mewtwo. After this, i'll be watching 10 episodes into XY and will be done with the anime. Not because of the movie, it was the plan all along but considering the Mewtwo is new it only gives me more reason to stop watching.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Potential best movie just became worst movie. Even Keldeo got more of a story than this.

Good job, writers, you destroyed the last bit of Shudo's legacy.
    That doesn't talk about the plot at all, and the prologue migtrh play a part in the actual plot, to show us how this Mewtwo was created, your post makes no sense until we actually have the movie plot out.

Well the source seems legit tbh. Da Nile is not just a river in Egypt.

Seems pretty accurate. I think a lot of us expected this Mewtwo to be brand-new, but not for the writers to completely ignore previously established events. I think we know everything about this movie now thanks to the comic and the previews and the recent leaked info from the pre-screening of the movie, and because of that I think I can safely say that this movie is a flop. It's just way too messy from my tastes and its only redeeming factor is the animation imo 'cause God knows the plot makes little sense.

-__________________________________-

My honest hope now is that the prologue and movie explain NOTHING of this Mewtwo's backstory. Why, you ask? That way, I can draw my own conclusions. (I know it won't happen, but I wish it would). If they don't say an evil team created it, which they probably will, I'm going to assume that the original Mewtwo somehow made a kid in order to have a purpose in life, and teach the kid to be kind to humans and learn from the parents' mistakes. Is this completely ridiculous and 99% not possible? Yes. If they don't give this Mewtwo's backstory, is that what I'm going to assume? Yes. That way, the original Mewtwo's purpose isn't COMPLETELY ruined for me. Hopefully I can find someway around this new Mewtwo, something to convince myself that this is alright.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That doesn't talk about the plot at all, and the prologue migtrh play a part in the actual plot, to show us how this Mewtwo was created, your post makes no sense until we actually have the movie plot out.
    The plot doesn't even matter now, not when it hinges on a completely impossible premise that ruins the entire point of the real Mewtwo's existence.

When the individuality of a character whose entire point was that individuality is discarded, there's no reason to care about any character anymore. Why should you when they can just be casually replaced with slightly-different copies with no concern for continuity whatsoever?

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Here I thought there was no possible way to screw up something so simple as Mewtwo vs Genesect... Should have known this is how Best Wishes wants to go down as :C
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I still wish for one thing: that the new Mewtwo meets the original one at the end of the movie. I think it would be nice, so that the original won't be alone anymore. However, I really doubt that it happens in the movie, otherwise the source may have said something about that. Shame, I think that something like that would have some potential. There is still the chance that they'll meet in a special, but I won't hold any breath.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I still wish for one thing: that the new Mewtwo meets the original one at the end of the movie. I think it would be nice, so that the original won't be alone anymore. However, I really doubt that it happens in the movie, otherwise the source may have said something about that. Shame, I think that something like that would have some potential. There is still the chance that they'll meet in a special, but I won't hold any breath.
    Pokemon Anime's new slogan "Out with the old, never to return again (in it's prime), in the the shameful new". Let's remove Pikachu's signature attack and Charizard's awesome attacks for bland ones. At least for this series
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The plot doesn't even matter now, not when it hinges on a completely impossible premise that ruins the entire point of the real Mewtwo's existence.

When the individuality of a character whose entire point was that individuality is discarded, there's no reason to care about any character anymore. Why should you when they can just be casually replaced with slightly-different copies with no concern for continuity whatsoever?
    If how the new Mewtwo was made makes sense I'm fine with it if it has no explanation, its annoying.

We though there was only one Genesect by game logic but bam, here we have 5.

I am annoyed its not the old Mewtwo, I pointed that out yesterday, I just think this movie story deserves a chance if its fun enough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    If how the new Mewtwo was made makes sense I'm fine with it if it has no explanation, its annoying.

We though there was only one Genesect by game logic but bam, here we have 5.

I am annoyed its not the old Mewtwo, I pointed that out yesterday, I just think this movie story deserves a chance if its fun enough to watch.
    To be honest...having 5 Genesect makes more sense then a new Mewtwo... Genesect was an ancient Pokemon, thus fossils should be easier to come by then snagging Mew's DNA

In a way it's a double edged sword. The original Mewtwo will not have been touched, he will not have been messed around with as a character. No new feminine voice, no new form. No rewritten backstory (which people seemed to believe for some reason). Nothing.
    Technically, he has been touched with the inclusion of a new Mewtwo when only a select few know of his existence. One of the things that made Mewtwo interesting as a character was he being unique--one-of-a-kind. And that was part of his existential crisis, even though he supposedly got over it according to the interview(s) we've been given that are now a bunch of bull at this point because this Mewtwo has new or similar problems the original had yet apparently gets over it quickly in the prologue when Mewtwo took months or even years to solve. *takes breath* To just suddenly now make it where we have a second Mewtwo in existence screws up that uniqueness, even if the original Mewtwo never finds out about it. But since he's the strongest Pokémon in the world apparently (or at least the strongest Psychic), he's going to know about it sooner or later. Whether he'll be happy or not depends on his mindset or how he approaches this revelation (especially since it's not been stated this Mewtwo was cloned from Mew DNA).

Also, this will undoubtedly fuel shippers because that gives them more of a reason to have Mewtwo screw himself. *beat*

That sounded odd... though oddly enough, I haven't seen anything pop up about this outside of fan-art. And even the fan-art's a bit vague on it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    To be honest...having 5 Genesect makes more sense then a new Mewtwo... Genesect was an ancient Pokemon, thus fossils should be easier to come by then snagging Mew's DNA
    Well, we don't have Genesect original form fossil in the games yet so its hard to gauge that but sure it makes sense but I was just trying to make a point, that if the plan were stolen from someone else and the Mew(adn also) and that is shown in the prologue, I'm fine with it, pissed off because its not needed at all but fine.

Well, Mewtwo suddenly being able or interested in recombining his genetic code doesn't make much sense either without a very good reason...
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 1st July 2013 at 2:18 AM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Here I thought there was no possible way to screw up something so simple as Mewtwo vs Genesect... Should have known this is how Best Wishes wants to go down as :C
    I agree. I really don't like how BW has nerfed some of the old Pokemon. I mean Charizard came back but didn't do anything noteworthy and now this Mewtwo is completely new instead of being the old one that people loved. The writers don't seem to care about the classic Pokemon any more and it shows. It's very depressing, which is why I was so apprehensive when this movie was first announced. I knew something bad was gonna happen and now we have these revelations.

Well, Mewtwo suddenly being able to recombine his genetic code doesn't make much sense either without a very good reason...
    It's a new Mewtwo...so I'm not surprised

It's a new Mewtwo...so I'm not surprised
    I was talking about the old Mewtwo. A new one makes perfect sense in this case and explains the different voice.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

I was talking about the old Mewtwo. A new one makes perfect sense in this case and explains the different voice.
    I get it now...still, I think it would make a bit of sense, considering the original has been gone for well over 10 years (I believe). Yeah, we had short cameo clips of the old one, but I don't count them :/

I guess this will solve the dub voice actor though

Page 185 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast