Page 188 of 247 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Dang, I missed a lot.

Okay, let's begin with the New Mewtwo. What's the big deal? Sure, it would've quite nostalgic to see our beloved Mewtwo, but I think we're getting too upset over this. At least, that's what I'm seeing.

In my opinion, I don't mind. Besides, this new forme of Mewtwo's is part of the 6th Generation, so it will be incorporated into the XY games, somehow. So, Kalos is where you can see this form. Therefore, this Mewtwo may have existed outside of Kanto, created from Mew's DNA, and given the power to change forms with the help of the 6th Gen's Evil Organization. Again, this may be incorrect, but is a solid theory on why this new Mewtwo exists.
    Last edited by NegaiFreak; 2nd July 2013 at 6:10 PM.

My highly cynical side is willing to bet Newtwo existed because of something like this:

Guy 1: OK we gotta advertise this new forme of Mewtwo, I say we make it a new Mewtwo to explain it.

Guy 2: But, there's already a Mewtwo, and it's kinda been set up so that a new one can't happen-

Guy 1: F*ck continuity, advertisings more important.

If Shudo was still alive and on the team, I'll bet real money this wouldn't have happened.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

You forget guy 3: Mewtwo is too powerful for genesect! He could end the movie in about 3 seconds by just mind crushing all the Genesects! Let's just make a new one so we can have a full length movie without defacing Mewtwo's legacy! I never liked what we had to do to pikachu and Charizard anyways.

So then make Genesect uber-powerful like Mewtwo. As I'm sure "Guy 4" would suggest.

Or, y'know, justify nerfing Mewtwo. His new forme developing could drain Mewtwo's energy. He could be weaker due to not knowing how his new forme works.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    So then make Genesect uber-powerful like Mewtwo. As I'm sure "Guy 4" would suggest.

Or, y'know, justify nerfing Mewtwo. His new forme developing could drain Mewtwo's energy. He could be weaker due to not knowing how his new forme works.
    Somehow I think that would have been a worse alternative.

And I'm hollering @ the fact that Ash just conveniently ran into a new Mewtwo. I mean he encountered the very first one which was a rare privilege, then a mirage version and now this second Mewtwo. It's silly, almost as silly as Ash meeting five Pokemon that are supposed to be extinct imo.
    Last edited by Lorde; 2nd July 2013 at 7:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    And I'm hollering @ the fact that Ash just conveniently ran into a new Mewtwo. Im mean he encountered the very first one which was a rare privilege, then a mirage version and now this second Mewtwo. It's silly, almost as silly as Ash meeting five Pokemon that are supposed to be extinct imo.
    Also, in the manga adaptation, didn't he tell the others about who Mewtwo was? What's the point in doing that if this isn't the Mewtwo he is familiar with? Unless the mangaka was never told this is a different Mewtwo, or actually knew all along and went ahead to make it like the original? I'm confused...

And that makes Ash more of a Gary-Stu than he already is. Guess he is the chosen one after all!
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Also, in the manga adaptation, didn't he tell the others about who Mewtwo was? What's the point in doing that if this isn't the Mewtwo he is familiar with? Unless the mangaka was never told this is a different Mewtwo, or actually knew all along and went ahead to make it like the original? I'm confused...

And that makes Ash more of a Gary-Stu than he already is. Guess he is the chosen one after all!
    Ash has been proven to be Gary-Stuish the moment we watched movie 2. Everything happens to him so conveniently. See, this is another side effect of not having a protagonist change. Ash is the only person in the Pokemon world to see every legendary Pokemon in the world including the incredibly rare ones that a few people don't even hear about like Ho-oh etc.

But I think most of us won't even notice this until we think about it deeply.

So uh never mind.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Somehow I think that would have been a worse alternative.

And I'm hollering @ the fact that Ash just conveniently ran into a new Mewtwo. Im mean he encountered the very first one which was a rare privilege, then a mirage version and now this second Mewtwo. It's silly, almost as silly as Ash meeting five Pokemon that are supposed to be extinct imo.
    It's an anime or should I say movie based of an anime, of course it's going to have silly coincidences. Most shows do but forget that, this is also the Pokemon world so anythings possible.

Just like how I got 2 Jirachi from a mystery gift by a random mailman person guy while in Johto (I'm talking about the games btw). :P

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    No they dont make them travel, the Kyogre from Johto is not the Kyogre from Hoenn, its a diferent legendary, those legendaries aren't unique.
    Professor Oak specifically said that the Weather trio from the Embedded Tower had originated from Hoenn. Honestly, the only time legendaries were established as being non-unique was in the Sinjoh Ruins event, for the sake of showcasing Arceus' creation abilities.

Mewtwo is diferent sure but if one is in Kalos, I see Gamefreak making it a new one but it probably wont anyway, we migth just get an item to change forme of the specials one from the movie(which is not the same Mewtwo anyway), kinda like we got the legendary cats, to unlock Zoroark.
    The movie Mewtwo is unlikely to have a role in the games, as they would have confirmed it by now to help ticket sales as was the case in previous years. By the time the next CoroCoro is released, it will be too late to pre-order movie tickets, so there is no promotional point in using the movie Mewtwo for the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Nanamaru was relieved to see that it's a different Mewtwo as they found the movie pretty lackluster. I don't see much of any discussion in the Japanese community about the movie, which says something.
    Who is that?

Random : PokéRadar

The movie Mewtwo is unlikely to have a role in the games, as they would have confirmed it by now to help ticket sales as was the case in previous years. By the time the next CoroCoro is released, it will be too late to pre-order movie tickets, so there is no promotional point in using the movie Mewtwo for the games.
    But how else are you going to get this new forme in the games, if not some kind of event?

I can't imagine it's as simple as finding a weird item, in the some secret room of the Villain's underground lab, after someone gives you a special key after getting the national dex.

Surely there will be some kind of event trigger of some kind. Whether it's a downloaded event item, or taking a specific Pokemon to a specific piece of equipment or secret location requiring said specific Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So do we still not know what happens to red genesect? I take it mewtwo takes him to space since it was mentioned he can do that, but then what?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But how else are you going to get this new forme in the games, if not some kind of event?

I can't imagine it's as simple as finding a weird item, in the some secret room of the Villain's underground lab, after someone gives you a special key after getting the national dex.

Surely there will be some kind of event trigger of some kind. Whether it's a downloaded event item, or taking a specific Pokemon to a specific piece of equipment or secret location requiring said specific Pokemon.
    Chances are it'll probably be activated via some item, even if it isn't how it transforms in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So do we still not know what happens to red genesect? I take it mewtwo takes him to space since it was mentioned he can do that, but then what?
    If past movies and my general bitterness are anything to go by, Red ends up pally-pally. Or he is left on his own on some planet. We know at the very least neither he nor Newtwo die.

All this talk of suggestions reminds me of this meme
        Spoiler:- The Meme:

Now just replace the dialogue with what's been discussed here and I'm likely sure this was the real outcome.

Chances are it'll probably be activated via some item, even if it isn't how it transforms in the film.
    It could be like Keldeo...Learn some specific move.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 2nd July 2013 at 8:27 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Professor Oak specifically said that the Weather trio from the Embedded Tower had originated from Hoenn. Honestly, the only time legendaries were established as being non-unique was in the Sinjoh Ruins event, for the sake of showcasing Arceus' creation abilities.

Coming from Hoenn doesn't mean they are the only ones like I said, if they were suppoed to be caugth by an hero in Hoenn, the ones in Johto are diferent.

I don't know, there will be some kinda of event to get its item to change forme if its going to tie in or not, we shall see.

-----

Joltik I see you also like to post funny comics like naughtynun for no apparent reason besides I really want to post it and I need to find a topic to do so , its all good.

Joltik I see you also like to post funny comics like naughtynun for no apparent reason besides I really want to post it and I need to find a topic to do so , its all good.
    I posted it this one time because I was recently looking at it...still works, but yeah it had no real reason behind it XD

Just a day on the forums
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Coming from Hoenn doesn't mean they are the only ones like I said, if they were suppoed to be caugth by an hero in Hoenn, the ones in Johto are diferent.
    Who says that they were supposed to be caught by anyone? Catching them was completely optional. Besides, they could have easily been released at a later point, just like N's dragon.

Are we seriously talking about the game logic here? I think it's just safe to assume there are multiple legends, how else do you explain online battling of Arceus vs Arceus... Unless were to believe in the whole parallel universe or time paradox type of thing. To do timelines based on Legendary Pokemon is almost as messed up as trying to figure out the perfect timeline for The Legend of Zelda

I've read only the last page of the comments here, and I can't help but notice that people are talking as Mewtwo is revealed to be a new one. Is it confirmed? If yes, I will punch my self and cry for hours for ruining Mewtwo.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I've read only the last page of the comments here, and I can't help but notice that people are talking as Mewtwo is revealed to be a new one. Is it confirmed? If yes, I will punch my self and cry for hours for ruining Mewtwo.
    Yes, it's pretty much been confirmed this is a different Mewtwo. You only have to go back maybe two or so pages to find more of the discussion. Given that we're only about a week/week-and-a-half away from the release of the movie, I'm expecting a few more things to start coming out about it.

Punching yourself is a bit overboard, honestly (even if you didn't mean it). If anyone should be punching themselves, it's those on the writing team for making such a dumb decision. Though some people here believe it was for the best so that the original Mewtwo would be spared from the nerfing that happened to Charizard.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

If past movies and my general bitterness are anything to go by, Red ends up pally-pally. Or he is left on his own on some planet. We know at the very least neither he nor Newtwo die.
    Well that's a given since this is a pokemon movie but how would taking him to space make him pally-pally. Does Mewtwo go up there and beat some sense into him while giving a speech or something?

I really hate how it was just said "yeah they go to space" but then don't tell us what they do there.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Are we seriously talking about the game logic here? I think it's just safe to assume there are multiple legends, how else do you explain online battling of Arceus vs Arceus... Unless were to believe in the whole parallel universe or time paradox type of thing. To do timelines based on Legendary Pokemon is almost as messed up as trying to figure out the perfect timeline for The Legend of Zelda
    Gameplay and Story Segregaton yo.

Canonically, only one Arceus exists. Doesn't mean you can't trade in more or battle more online.

Also the Zelda timeline's been released, in case you didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    "Someone tweeted Nanamaru in English and asked a few questions, so we have some more definitive answers (just bear in mind that Nanamaru used an online translator):"

> Satoshi doesn't talk about 1st Mewtwo.
    > New Mewtwo is another individual.
    > He meets a New Mewtwo by chance.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

What the heck does "He meets a New Mewtwo by chance. " mean? He meets all the legendaries by chance. Why is he taking note this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Yes, it's pretty much been confirmed this is a different Mewtwo. You only have to go back maybe two or so pages to find more of the discussion. Given that we're only about a week/week-and-a-half away from the release of the movie, I'm expecting a few more things to start coming out about it.

Punching yourself is a bit overboard, honestly (even if you didn't mean it). If anyone should be punching themselves, it's those on the writing team for making such a dumb decision. Though some people here believe it was for the best so that the original Mewtwo would be spared from the nerfing that happened to Charizard.
    I wrote a big and emotional comment with the IPad but my account logged out after I pushed the and button. Guhhh, how many of the movies are cannon anyway? How much can we trust this nanamaru? Maybe it is just a troll.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Page 188 of 247 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238 ... LastLast