Page 189 of 247 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I wrote a big and emotional comment with the IPad but my account logged out after I pushed the and button. Guhhh, how many of the movies are cannon anyway?
    (I hate it when that happens xD.)

The only movies I know that are canon when it comes to the plot of the anime is the first movie, which would suggest Mewtwo Returns is also canon--which implies this movie may be canon as well despite possibly messing up said-canon. Though depending on who you ask, Pokémon 2000 and/or Rise of Darkrai can be canon, and possibly a few other movies. It just depends on who you ask.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    (I hate it when that happens xD.)

The only movies I know that are canon when it comes to the plot of the anime is the first movie, which would suggest Mewtwo Returns is also canon--which implies this movie may be canon as well despite possibly messing up said-canon. Though depending on who you ask, Pokémon 2000 and/or Rise of Darkrai can be canon, and possibly a few other movies. It just depends on who you ask.
    I know they will not do this in Pokemon, but how cool would it be if this new Mewtwo is a psychic projection that the real Mewtwo controls? There'd be one Mewtwo this way, and it would explain why it is not as powerful as the the one we've seen in the first movie. And being a mental projection, the voice change can be explained due to Mewtwo wanting it to be seen that way.

Not to sound like a genwunner, but if they produced Pokemon like they did back then, this scenario could of been plausible. We've seen such topics as the will to destroy the world, create storms to eliminate some of the trainers, mind control, abduction and cloning... Etc.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

This Mewtwo seems different from the Mewtwo in movie 1. I hope he/she is the same Mewtwo from movie 1.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I know they will not do this in Pokemon, but how cool would it be if this new Mewtwo is a psychic projection that the real Mewtwo controls? There'd be one Mewtwo this way, and it would explain why it is not as powerful as the the one we've seen in the first movie. And being a mental projection, the voice change can be explained due to Mewtwo wanting it to be seen that way.
    So are you suggesting that you'd rather have Mewtwo be a lazy bastard/a cruel troll than to have a second Mewtwo in existence? And I would think that if this was a psychic projection that it would still act like the real Mewtwo. But I can't see Mewtwo doing this, it doesn't make sense to me as to why he would do such a thing when he can just do it himself.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Well that's a given since this is a pokemon movie but how would taking him to space make him pally-pally. Does Mewtwo go up there and beat some sense into him while giving a speech or something?
    I'd imagine she'd say "there's yer home" and Red says "thanks mate" and then everyone DBZ-forgives Red and blahblahblahblah.

Note: the final movie may or may not have the exact quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpokemontrainer View Post
    This Mewtwo seems different from the Mewtwo in movie 1. I hope he/she is the same Mewtwo from movie 1.
    If you read over the last few pages, it's confirmed not to be the same. Even IF we assume the guy's a troll, there's enough evidence given for it to be different.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 3rd July 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Nothing has been confirmed that it's a new Mewtwo.

A guy who went to see the early screenings tweeted that it was not the same Mewtwo.

If that isn't good enough for you, then Mewtwo is more feminine than in M01. That itself is enough to suggest it's different .
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    While most of the thread seems to believe this is a new Mewtwo, I heavily disagree.

A few reasons:

1. In one or two of the trailers, Ash clearly stated Mewtwo's name, meaning that he knew who Mewtwo was back in his Kanto days.

2. Mewtwo can still have the same problems IT did back when it was still trying to isolate itself from humans. Just because an issue seems to be resolved for a character, doesn't that he, she, or it can't rethink about. Also, Mewtwo's now declaring itself the strongest Pokémon, right? But clearly, he does run out of stamina at the end of the day. He must've battling hordes of Pokémon that may have had advantages against him. That would explain things in the prologue, like Escavalier and Tyranitar attacking Mewtwo. It's clear to me that Mewtwo is a little weakened. Possibly from being experimented on by rogue scientists, or whatever. But Mewtwo's not invincible or anything. Remember how Giovanni was able to almost capture it? Yeah, he's invincible alright... *sarcasm*

3. Why? Just why would the writers incorporate a brand new Mewtwo, with a form changing ability, and a feminine voice? The voice doesn't matter to me in the slightest, 'cause I know the dub will change it.

And that's my argument. If you guys wanna backlash at me, go ahead, I'll take it. I'm not giving up hopes on this being the same Mewtwo. Oh, and about that tweet, how can we trust the guy in the first place? He could say all he wants, I'll have to determine the movie's rating for myself. So, if anyone's with me, or against me, feel free to choose sides, 'cause we're just a week away from seeing the single-most epic movie in the Pokémon franchise, in my opinion anyway.

Oh, and here's an extra clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2CqIFqbvIQ Enjoy Mewtwo and all the Genesect fighting!
    Last edited by NegaiFreak; 4th July 2013 at 1:04 AM.

What the heck does "He meets a New Mewtwo by chance. " mean? He meets all the legendaries by chance. Why is he taking note this time?
    I assume the user said that because of the trailer we saw. You know the one where the Genesects are attacking, Ash defends, and Mewtwo moves faster than the human eye to protect Ash? Btw...I am P*SSED that they would make a trailer like that knowing it's a new Mewtwo. Same reasoning as Charizard protecting Ash from Reshiram in the opening while nothing actually happens, except much MUCH worse

@Negaifreak. I hope it was a mistake...I really really hope. But it seems likely...but thank you for that trailer. That cheered me up haha nice to see Mewtwo using Aura Sphere
    Last edited by TheFonz; 4th July 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

If this Mewtwo can talk, wouldn't that almost confirm it to be the Mewtwo from the 1st movie? I mean the Mewtwo from the Mirage special didn't talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    If this Mewtwo can talk, wouldn't that almost confirm it to be the Mewtwo from the 1st movie? I mean the Mewtwo from the Mirage special didn't talk.
    ...that Mewtwo didn't talk because it was literally a soulless projection with no mind or free will. That was the entire point of that special.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    Oh, and here's an extra clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2CqIFqbvIQ Enjoy Mewtwo and all the Genesect fighting!
    You know, at the end of the day this movie is still basically Mewtwo vs Genesect. That's what I came for.
    Last edited by diakyu; 4th July 2013 at 1:20 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

You know, at the end of the day this movie is still basically Mewtwo vs Genesect. That's what I came for.
    If there's anything I've known from watching all the movies so far, its that there is far less combat than what the previews would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    If there's anything I've known from watching all the movies so far, its that there is far less combat than what the previews would suggest.
    Meh, I thought the Keldeo movie was pretty good when it came to there being a lot of action. I hope this one follows and has just the right amount. And in the end I really don't need those two fighting each-other to happen a lot. I just need to see Genesect or Mewtwo doing something cool.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    A very reliable source who watched the movie already confirmed that it's not the same Mewtwo; if we can't trust our sources, what can we trust?

1. In one or two of the trailers, Ash clearly stated Mewtwo's name, meaning that he knew who Mewtwo was back in his Kanto days.
    That was like the first trailer, and as we all know, those usually aren't accurate. But even if it was accurate, how would that prove that this is the same Mewtwo? At best it would confirm that Ash remembers meeting a Mewtwo, but it doesn't mean that he recognized this Mewtwo as being the one he met before.

Mewtwo learned Aura sphere

While most of the thread seems to believe this is a new Mewtwo, I heavily disagree.

A few reasons:

2. Mewtwo can still have the same problems IT did back when it was still trying to isolate itself from humans. Just because an issue seems to be resolved for a character, doesn't that he, she, or it can't rethink about. Also, Mewtwo's now declaring itself the strongest Pokémon, right? But clearly, he does run out of stamina at the end of the day. He must've battling hordes of Pokémon that may have had advantages against him. That would explain things in the prologue, like Escavalier and Tyranitar attacking Mewtwo. It's clear to me that Mewtwo is a little weakened. Possibly from being experimented on by rogue scientists, or whatever. But Mewtwo's not invincible or anything. Remember how Giovanni was able to almost capture it? Yeah, he's invincible alright... *sarcasm*

3. Why? Just why would the writers incorporate a brand new Mewtwo, with a form changing ability, and a feminine voice? The voice doesn't matter to me in the slightest, 'cause I know the dub will change it.

And that's my argument. If you guys wanna backlash at me, go ahead, I'll take it. I'm not giving up hopes on this being the same Mewtwo. Oh, and about that tweet, how can we trust the guy in the first place? He could say all he wants, I'll have to determine the movie's rating for myself. So, if anyone's with me, or against me, feel free to choose sides, 'cause we're just a week away from seeing the single-most epic movie in the Pokémon franchise, in my opinion anyway.
    Here's proof it's a second Mewtwo.

Compare this image from the Prologue special:

Spoiler:- image:

to this image from the manga:

Spoiler:- image:

The scientists clearly have the same designs and theme (note the visors), which means the manga is accurate to the anime in this regard and this Mewtwo was not created by Dr. Fuji.

What a shame gorgeous scenery like this - seriously, that animation is beautiful - had to be wasted on what amounts to a soulless copy with no relevance to anything.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

(I totally should've scanned those pages about a month ago, huh?)

He knows what a Mewtwo is. At least in the manga he seems to mistake this Mewtwo for the one he knew before, while Mewtwo treats him like a omplete stranger, and introduces itself to him (their initial dialogue exchange is as follows - Satoshi: "You're..." Mewtwo: "I am Mewtwo.")

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post

He knows what a Mewtwo is. At least in the manga he seems to mistake this Mewtwo for the one he knew before, while Mewtwo treats him like a omplete stranger, and introduces itself to him (their initial dialogue exchange is as follows - Satoshi: "You're..." Mewtwo: "I am Mewtwo.")
    Talk about rubbing salt in the wound...

Seriously...who would come up with having another Mewtwo created? It's like saying there's a second Millenium Puzzle, a second Tessaiga, Ash gets a second Pikachu. It's like "Sure...it's possible, anything is. It just makes no sense at all having that in the story"
    Last edited by TheFonz; 4th July 2013 at 4:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post

If you read over the last few pages, it's confirmed not to be the same. Even IF we assume the guy's a troll, there's enough evidence given for it to be different.
    *sigh* If This Mewtwo is not the Mewtwo from movie 1, That's disappointing. I was hoping to see him after so long.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

It wouldn't have done much good because we didn't have anime footage to compare them to. I had already seen them elsewhere and thought they could have simply edited down Mewtwo's story to save pages.

Oh, you have to be freaking kidding me.

And it even uses "I am Mewtwo" too. Unbelievable.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    It wouldn't have done much good because we didn't have anime footage to compare them to. I had already seen them elsewhere and thought they could have simply edited down Mewtwo's story to save pages.

I just can't even think of why this would happen. It actually hurts me. It gets harder and harder to justify watching the anime if this is the kind of stuff they're going to pull from now on

I dunno. When I first got to that point in the manga, I saw those pages as pretty clear evidence this was not the same Mewtwo as before.

You could technically argue that it's merely introducing itself to Iris, Dent and Kibago, who are right there as well.
    Technically.
    But it would be grasping for straws.

I dunno. When I first got to that point in the manga, I saw those pages as pretty clear evidence this was not the same Mewtwo as before.
    Well, it may not be entirely accurate. It looks like it may be conflating parts of the Prologue special into the movie's story.

But that's besides the point. This could have all been avoided if Mewtwo Q (as I've come to call it) wasn't simply the real Mewtwo with every bit of his story that involved Team Rocket removed.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Oh boy, we have another "I am the original" declaration.

Then again, how do we know the mangaka didn't just decide to save everyone the trouble and tried hard to make sure this was the Mewtwo we know? I'm sure he(?) got the script to do the manga, so if we're lucky he didn't like this was going to be a new Mewtwo, and did everything he could to make Mewtwo in the manga the Mewtwo.

I doubt that's the case, but at this point, the manga looks much more appealing than the actual movie itself, if only because we wouldn't have to listen to new Mewtwo's voice.
    I survived Pupa.

Page 189 of 247 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239 ... LastLast