Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Well it is battling multiple Legendary Pokemon, so it wouldn't be all that easy. :/
    Legendaries in the anime can be beaten by a Pikachu. IN the games it is also possible if say Pikachu wins the speed tie and nails Kyogre with a light ball thunder. Besides Original Mewtwo can just hold them still with psychic and then Fire blast them all in turn.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 4th July 2013 at 6:00 PM.

It's speculation what I'm going to see but I aren't surprised at all if what Isaid is similar to the reality. For one, I will try to be not so long.

-Genesect was revealed on July 2012. But it was revealed "illegally" by the fans in September 2010 when Black and White were released. And in this Pokedex descriptions it said that this genesect has a similar backstory to Mewtwo.

It's really possible that the movie team has the idea of making a Mewtwo movie with Genesect whwre the original Mewtwo will appear. Is probably the idea that GameFreak had in mind when created genesect's backstory.

Three years later, there's a new Mewtwo even through there is supposed to be only one in the anime. The question is why. I will try to give an answer.

Takeshi Shudo died in late 2010 after Black and White were released. Shudo was the creator of the original Mewtwo and the Mewtwo movie is one of the masterpieces of Shudo.
    What happened? That the writers don't want to change Shudo's legacy by changing the original story. To evade that, they created a new Mewtwo with the backstory that we know next Thursday even his backstory didn't make sense with the new idea of a new Mewtwo.

And the new forme of Mewtwo? A way of promoting XY in some manner.

And many of you aren't questioning this but I am, why the new Mewtwo forme isn't in any merchandise for the movie? (the normal Mewtwo is, of course, in the movie promotion).

Because is not guaranteed that the Mewtwo of the movie will be the one who is going to be in XY because Game Freak can't guaranteed that the games are compatible right now because:
    Quote Originally Posted by E3 Round table
    Q - Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
    A - We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can't communicate, but we are working on it.
    They don't know if Gen V and Gen VI will be compatible. They are working on it but they will be difficult for them.

Exist three options:
    -That GF got a way to intercommunicate the two gens.
    -An application that allows transferring Pokemon.
    -They can't and the games will be incompatible with everything else who it isn't in XY. And take note, the gamers aren't going to announce something like thisuntil there are reclamations about not transferring pokemon.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    ^ To everyone who quoted me.

1/ It's all fun and well when you guys go around saying not to mix game logic and the animé logic, yet all this type effectiveness, BSTs and all are being spoken off.
    2/ I was speaking about the link that the person I quoted posted. There is only the red Genesecft in it, not 5.
    3/ If you've watched the video, you'd know that the Mewtwo we know would never get hit in such an amateur way like that. If that is the best Genesect can do, our old Mewtwo would of taken it out in seconds.
    4/ Yeah, Mew managed to hold Mewtwo in a battle. They had to have someone challenge Mewtwo back then, and the closest Pokémon that could challenge Mewtwo was Mew (it being the original too.)
    5/ On top of that Mewtwo was relatively new and still in conflict with him self.

On my defense, I didn't mix game logic and anime, I simply added the word BST to tell that Genesect is on the same level as Mew, the Pokemon whom Mewtwo couldn't defeat in one hit. Red Genesect is extremely strong and is a legendary Pokemon like Mew, it won't be defeated by Mewtwo that easily even if it goes solo against Mewtwo.

And to all those who think Fire Blast and Flamethrower will help Mewtwo......well I hope you don't forget that ExtremeSpeed Genesect is too fast for Mewtwo to hit.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 4th July 2013 at 6:11 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    And many of you aren't questioning this but I am, why the new Mewtwo forme isn't in any merchandise for the movie? (the normal Mewtwo is, of course, in the movie promotion).

Because is not guaranteed that the Mewtwo of the movie will be the one who is going to be in XY because Game Freak can't guaranteed that the games are compatible right now because:
    I don't think that the movie Mewtwo will be have a role in the games, but that is still no reason not to promote the Forme via merchandise when they are promoting Mewtwo. Most merchandise items are based on the anime rather than the games.

The fact that the movie doesn't even reveal the Forme's name is really odd. Does its name allude to anything we aren't supposed to know about? I suspect that there really is a second Forme and they'll only reveal it next month after the movie promotion is over.
    Last edited by Kein; 4th July 2013 at 7:41 PM.

How can it be hard to have some way for there to be generation to generation communication when a 5th gen game can communicate to a 3DS game.

Is it hard to come up with some sort of storage box game that you can download that can communicate with 5th gen as well as 6th gen.

I mean after all before you argue that it might be impossible, keep in mind that there was a past game that communicated with a new game, it involved the console games and gameboy advanced games, and could not have been pre-programmed in it.

Likewise 3rd generation can communicate with 4th generation through migration.

I'd find it incredible hard to believe they can't create some mini-game heavy storage eshop game that can take Pokemon from the DS games, and also connect it to the 3DS games.

Edit: Sorry wrong place, but it was brought up, with Mewtwo, so I don't see why they couldn't just allow you to transfer Mewtwo from the DS games to the new generation.

I mean how else are you going to get new Mewtwo?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Watched the scenes that aired in Oak's live caster. What can I say? I loved the scenes. A fight above the skyscrapers in the midst of city lights? Oh that Blaze Kick was awesome! Ah, I will delude myself that I am watching Oldtwo fight and enjoy this movie.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

How is there more than one mewtwo in the pokemon world?

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Edit: Sorry wrong place, but it was brought up, with Mewtwo, so I don't see why they couldn't just allow you to transfer Mewtwo from the DS games to the new generation.

I mean how else are you going to get new Mewtwo?
    Is that a rhetorical question? Mewtwo isn't supposed to be event-exclusive, so making it normally obtainable would make the most sense. I don't doubt that transfers will be possible, but it's too late to suddenly announce an in-game event unlocked by the movie Mewtwo. They've had three months to do just that, but they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Anime-wise, some guys you've never heard of before created Newtwo. Somehow.

Gamewise, there may be still one Mewtwo.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    The fact that the movie doesn't even reveal the Forme's name is really odd.
    It's referred to as "Mewtwo's awakened form" (not "Forme") lots of places. That's most likely its actual name.

I recently told my sister about the new Mewtwo; I hadn't mentioned my suspicions before because it wasn't confirmed. Anyway, she threw the biggest temper tantrum ever. She cursed and sobbed and chucked things across the room and laughed like a maniac, which was similar to my own reaction only she's always been a huge Mewtwo fan (Gen 1 fan in general). I wonder how other Mewtwo fans will handle the news. I mean so far we haven't really seen too many reactions since the movie isn't officially out yet, but I really expect to see a lot of temper tantrums; they'll be perfectly justified in my opinion because I don't like the way the writers have ignored the established canon and have done their own thing, and I think people have a right to be mad, especially Mewtwo's fans.

Sorry, Charmed, I kinda laughed while reading that. I understand her completely, though, I would've acted the same way, I've just mostly reserved myself and mainly raged through here. Not as much as I would've like, honestly, but hey, at least she wasn't afraid to express her thoughts.

But yeah, I haven't heard much either. I follow a couple of people on DA who are pretty big Mewtwo fans, but they haven't said anything ever since the Forme's reveal, which they were supportive of. But I don't know their thoughts on this being a completely different Mewtwo. I half-expect a journal from them both in the next coming weeks. One did say (whether to everyone or at least in a comment to me) she is going to Japan to visit a friend, and they were both going to see the movie. She may have something to say afterwards.

So it's gonna be an interesting month. I don't expect videos or a lot of journals popping up about it, but I'm sure all of that will be mentioned in this thread or the prologue thread, so I'm keeping my eye around here for the most part.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It's referred to as "Mewtwo's awakened form" (not "Forme") lots of places. That's most likely its actual name.
    I doubt that. There would be no reason for the ??? placeholder on the official game website if that were really the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Is that a rhetorical question? Mewtwo isn't supposed to be event-exclusive, so making it normally obtainable would make the most sense. I don't doubt that transfers will be possible, but it's too late to suddenly announce an in-game event unlocked by the movie Mewtwo. They've had three months to do just that, but they didn't.
    No, not really.

Most of these types of situations involving Pokemon and stuff are usually if I'm not mistaken before beating the Elite 4 or if not before the national dex.

I cannot see why they'd reveal Mewtwo now, especially knowing we won't be able to get it until after the Elite Four, seems completely pointless, and probably would've been better to wait until the X and Y anime. But I suppose this is there way of including a next generation Pokemon in the last movie of the generation.

But I don't remember having to wait for Manaphy/Zoroark like we have to with Mewtwo.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    Because of profits and lazy writing.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Sure it's annoying that the original Mewtwo isn't returning, but whatever. I'm a fan of the Mewtwo species regardless and this Movie makes this apparent new one look great.

It's perfectly reasonable that a new one can be created so I don't see why people are rampaging over how there can only be one.

I'm just hoping some form of references are made to the past Mewtwo/events such as how these new scientists got the information to do so etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable that a new one can be created so I don't see why people are rampaging over how there can only be one.

I'm just hoping some form of references are made to the past Mewtwo/events such as how these new scientists got the information to do so etc.
    No references are made, so no, it's not reasonable.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

The amount of overreaction to and general baw-ing over the new Mewtwo is ludicrous. Seriously, temper tantrums? Just... wow.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    The amount of overreaction to and general baw-ing over the new Mewtwo is ludicrous. Seriously, temper tantrums? Just... wow.
    People have a right to be mad when the writers resort to lazy writing. They arent even trying to explain why there are two Mewtwo's so it's fair to be critical of them. There's no need for the holier than thou routine tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Black View Post
    People have a right to be mad when the writers resort to lazy writing. They arent even trying to explain why there are two Mewtwo's so it's fair to be critical of them. There's no need for the holier than thou routine tho.
    Mewtwo is man made.
    A car is man made.

Why would we be suprised more than one car exists?

Just trying to make a comparison here. All that was said was that mewtwo came from Mew's dna changed to make it into a stronger battler. That means anyone with Mew's DNA and the resources needed to build a lab could potentially make their own mewtwo. Coincidence? Well it happened to Calculus IRL too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    No references are made, so no, it's not reasonable.
    You've seen the movie and have a good understanding of Japanese?

The one person who answered a few questions can't have mentioned everything, only what people wanted. On top of that the translations aren't brilliant.

---

When I say movie i should mention i'm referring to the Prologue aswell now.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Mewtwo is man made.
    A car is man made.

Just trying to make a comparison here. All that was said was that mewtwo came from Mew's dna changed to make it into a stronger battler. That means anyone with Mew's DNA and the resources needed to build a lab could potentially make their own mewtwo. Coincidence? Well it happened to Calculus IRL too.
    Except that the exact changes made to Mew's DNA that resulted in Mewtwo's looks/powers was never specified. This means that these new scientists somehow managed to find that same necessary change(s) with absolutly no knowledge of Mewtwo and also did one that allowed it's new forme. Unless several attempts are said to have been done, this comes across as pretty contrived writing.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Mewtwo is man made.
    A car is man made.

The cars comparison doesn't work imo. An organism is more complex than a car and couldn't be replicated exactly without some sort of genetic model. Without that basis, anyone who tried to recreate Mewtwo would end up with something completely different, even if they had some of Mew's DNA which sounds unlikely to begin with since Mew is super rare.

Mewtwo is man made.
    A car is man made.

Difference is Mewtwo was made with very rare part, and other attempts have failed.

It would be like a car made from Nonexistentanium, and the process to converting that substance into a car is a very complex/complicated process and if you make one mistake, the car cannot live.

In that instance, yes, it would be difficult to see 2 cars made with Nonexistenium because even if another company got the instructions down pat, I highly doubt they had access to Nonexistenium. And even if that was the case, even if they knew what they were doing had Nonexistenium, then it's unlikely that this 2nd car would look identical to the previous car, but has many different features and would be named exactly the same thing.

And these:

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Except that the exact changes made to Mew's DNA that resulted in Mewtwo's looks/powers was never specified. This means that these new scientists somehow managed to find that same necessary change(s) with absolutly no knowledge of Mewtwo and also did one that allowed it's new forme. Unless several attempts are said to have been done, this comes across as pretty contrived writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    The cars comparison doesn't work imo. An organism is more complex than a car and couldn't be replicated exactly without some sort of genetic model. Without that basis, anyone who tried to recreate Mewtwo would end up with something completely different, even if they had some of Mew's DNA which sounds unlikely to begin with since Mew is super rare.

Exactly as dman and others have said. It also doesn't help that there was only one Mewtwo created under one team of scientists under Dr Fuji, the lab was destroyed, all the scientists were killed, and everyone's memory of Mewtwo(besides Ash, Pikachu, Misty, Brock, and TRio) were wiped clean.

Even in game it was never "Mr Fuji created a bunch of Mewtwo that escaped". It was ONE specifc Mew that gave birth to THE ONLY Mewtwo in existence. The lab was also destroyed and barely anything was left, but Mr Fuji survived

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast