Page 199 of 247 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Well, what if Genesect act like actual bee and termite colonies? Despite being part-machine, they probably still have some biological capabilities like the use of pheromones. So perhaps it's possible Genesect released pheromones because the others are like the drones, but we see it happen with glowing eyes? Which would make Red Genesect female, unless the male could do it too...?

*beat*

It would be neat... and it would make some sense, but mind-control using radio waves or whatnot, okay. Since they're part-machine now, it would make sense for some instinctual behavior to be reduced or even enhanced because of the added technology.

I'm thinking too hard on this.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

At this moment I wouldn't even be surprised if the writers explanation of Red mind controlling them would be: "He can control them because he is the leader" . I honestly doubt it will have a proper explanation.

They can literally just say Team Plasma made it so he can do that. Not everything needs an explanation.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    He's surfing on the Genesect he befriends near the beginning of the movie. This is when they first meet. This Genesect then attempts to stop the Red Genesect from attacking Satohi, but the Red Genesect mind controls it into joining into the attack instead.

The Genesect are the antagonists of the movie, but misguided ones at that. All they want is to return to their home, which obviously doesn't exist any longer. Mewtwo sympathizes with them and want to help, but also realizes that they're dangerous, and a threat to their surroundings.

Also, the Red Genesect is the most aggressive one, but it has the power to control the other four.

More pictures from yesterday's special here. Shows the surfing scene, among others.
    I love this plot for this movie. Similar to the first movie: Mewtwo strikes back,
    Genesect is misguided because they want to return home, perhaps the Paleozoic era which existed for 300 million years, which doesn't exist anymore as where in the first movie, Mewtwo was misguided because he didn't know who he was and What was his purpose in life. In the first movie, Mew served as the protagonist trying to reason with Mewtwo who was playing the role of the antagonist. In this movie, Mewtwo seems to be serving as the protagonist trying to reason with Genesect who is playing the role of the antagonist. It will be interesting to see how this movie ends.

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't remember it too much in Pokémon 2000, since the trailers pretty much showed us who the antagonist was going to be. I think Rise of Darkrai is one of the "misguided Legendary" movies, because I swear the trailers tried to show us that Darkrai was going to be the villain of the movie. That could just be me, though, and other people didn't see that.
    I didn't see trailers, but you're not the only one who thought that.

And I was bummed.

But yeah, the overuse of "this guy is just misguided" irks me ever since I came here.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 8th July 2013 at 9:41 AM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't remember it too much in Pokémon 2000, since the trailers pretty much showed us who the antagonist was going to be. I think Rise of Darkrai is one of the "misguided Legendary" movies, because I swear the trailers tried to show us that Darkrai was going to be the villain of the movie. That could just be me, though, and other people didn't see that.
    Definitely forgot about that one. I really didn't see too much plot there, but Darkrai was really more of the misunderstood Legendary. I can't recall what other movie that theme was in (maybe Kyurem in the Kyurem movies).
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

I'm sure the Red Genesect can control its brethren simply because Mr. Yuyama thought it would be better that way. Really, I think that's the best explanation there is. And it kind of makes sense since the Genesect need a leader and for the Red Genesect to have total control over them seems reasonable enough. But like I said before, I don't pity the Genesect for being controlled because then we'd have to view them as misguided, and I refuse to fall into that trap again. It just seems like every bad guy in Pokemon is misguided and gets totally forgiven in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    At this moment I wouldn't even be surprised if the writers explanation of Red mind controlling them would be: "He can control them because he is the leader" . I honestly doubt it will have a proper explanation.
    The canon doesn't always give proper explanations. Doesn't always mean they haven't put some thought into it.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I just noticed that Genesect can learn Psychic in the games, so maybe it's that.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The Genesect are the antagonists of the movie, but misguided ones at that. All they want is to return to their home, which obviously doesn't exist any longer. Mewtwo sympathizes with them and want to help, but also realizes that they're dangerous, and a threat to their surroundings.

Also, the Red Genesect is the most aggressive one, but it has the power to control the other four.
    Very well. Glad that I'm aware now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I'm sure the Red Genesect can control its brethren simply because Mr. Yuyama thought it would be better that way. Really, I think that's the best explanation there is. And it kind of makes sense since the Genesect need a leader and for the Red Genesect to have total control over them seems reasonable enough. But like I said before, I don't pity the Genesect for being controlled because then we'd have to view them as misguided, and I refuse to fall into that trap again. It just seems like every bad guy in Pokemon is misguided and gets totally forgiven in the end.
    Can't really think of the right theme if misguided isn't present in this movie.
    And since it's mind control, the theme "Don't conform" can't be used either.
    Sorry if I seem like a philosopher for movies lol.
    <Signature in Progress>

I'm surprised none of the Genesect backstory has been revealed yet.

It seems likely Colress created them, and we are likely to see how they were created at the start of the movie. I hope it isn't skipped over too much i'd like to see it fairly detailed.

From some screenshots, it looks like they were all made simultaneously from some coffin-like machine and Colress doesn't seem to be involved (though there are B2/W2 Plasma grunts).
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    From some screenshots, it looks like they were all made simultaneously from some coffin-like machine and Colress doesn't seem to be involved (though there are B2/W2 Plasma grunts).
    Yeah that seems the case at the moment which is why i'm surprised.

I'm hoping we get an explanation as to why the Shiny Genesect exists and why it's the leader too.

It just seems a little too convenient that the leader is shiny, although i'm sure this won't be touched on unfortunately.

Does this come out today? It is the 11th in Japan. But what time will it premiere? I feel like we'll be getting a Sableye Evo in this movie.

I believe it comes on the 13th.

And I also think it was confirmed there is no Sableye evo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I believe it comes on the 13th.

And I also think it was confirmed there is no Sableye evo.
    Oh okay, but I am fairly certain one will come.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    Oh okay, but I am fairly certain one will come.
    Maybe but not in the movie, the people who went to see the early screening didn't talk about it, thats too much of big news not to be mentioned but still hope Sableye gets an evolution.

The movie premieres on July 13. Later tonight - early in the morning tomorrow US time - the Mewtwo's Awakening prologue is going to air.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Maybe but not in the movie, the people who went to see the early screening didn't talk about it, thats too much of big news not to be mentioned but still hope Sableye gets an evolution.
    While I know their probably isn't a new evo in the movie, the people who have seen the movie already have barely said anything about it. I want to know the deal with that one random eevee. But I'll know in the next few days.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The movie premieres on July 13. Later tonight - early in the morning tomorrow US time - the Mewtwo's Awakening prologue is going to air.
    Any way to view it? Or will we have to wait for the English version to come out?
    <Signature in Progress>

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    Any way to view it? Or will we have to wait for the English version to come out?
    Talking about the movie or prologue? For the prologue, considering it's a TV special, we may get an English sub within a couple of weeks. For the movie, whenever it comes out on DVD in Japan--before or right around the time we get the dub.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I just watched the new trailers and I have to say...

Ash really loves trying to die doesn't he? This is like the idkwhut time he's gone in-front of an attack that can kill him just to stop fighting/protect Pokemon. It's great for his character but jeez, does he not consider how everyone else will feel, including his mom, Pikachu, Gary, Brock, and Misty if they found out he died.

Brock and Misty might facepalm if they found out he died because of Mewtwo again lol

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I just watched the new trailers and I have to say...

Ash really loves trying to die doesn't he? This is like the idkwhut time he's gone in-front of an attack that can kill him just to stop fighting/protect Pokemon. It's great for his character but jeez, does he not consider how everyone else will feel, including his mom, Pikachu, Gary, Brock, and Misty if they found out he died.

Brock and Misty might facepalm if they found out he died because of Mewtwo again lol
    Wait, new trailers? Are they on the Pokémon Movie JP site?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    If you want to watch it with low quality streaming (no subtitles of course), yup. That's what I will be doing.
    It will be up in 5 hours (maybe more, depends on how they handle the 2 hours space they got on tv)

Page 199 of 247 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast