Page 200 of 247 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I just had quick look at all those scenes from this movie along Pikachu short and there all looking amazing, I think I'm going to really enjoy this movie a lot more now! :O

I also now noticed that the Red/Shiny Genesect has got a boy voice while Mewtwo had got a girl voice, kinda cool I guess.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Special or Movie is starting in a few minutes! ^^
    edit: it's the movie first
    Well, the movies did turn into kiddie movies huh? I stopped at the latios/latias one, had no idea... Will check the channel again in a hour and a half
    Last edited by Kotoringo; 11th July 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Long trailer.

Mewtwo are seeing how the Genesect attacks when the Genesects are launching his attack.

Ash befriends a genesect.

The Red Genesect comes and attacks Ash and friends.

When the Red Genesect attacks the gang, Mewtwo comes and saves them.

Mewtwo try toi explain his backstory.

The Genesect army is attacking a group og Geodude/Graveler/Golem.

The climnax with Mewtwo VS Red Genesect will happen inside New York City. The ending song is playing.

The city really has tA nEW yORK FEEL.

a PREVIEW FOR THE SHORT.
    Nymphia will play wwith Piakchu.

They are cute scenes where Nymphia shows off.

Oak explaining how to obtain it and merchandise.

The ending credits of both the Kyurem movie and the Mewtwo prologue plays.

Wow, this movie actually looks amazing. There was a lot of exposition in and after the special.

I'm really excited after today episode and that extended preview.

I will tell you, back story wise this movie is a BIG disappointment. But the movie itself seems to be epic. I think I won't have any hitches watching it if I keep assuming that this is in fact the Old Mewtwo with a female voice. Seriously, the special told me today that they created the New Mewtwo for no special reason. In the end, the maturity Newtwo gets at the end of the special and Mewtwo through the special+Movie was in fact the same except the former was just a weak attempt to create a new character, while the latter was a fully developed character,\

So, I will delude myself that this is the old Mewtwo and enjoy the movie. Yeah, I know most people won't do that, but there's a reason why I used the word "delude".

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I'm right there with you, Dracoflare. I'm doing the same thing.

Mewtwo Q couldn't be any more of a ripoff of the real Mewtwo if it tried. The underground lake from the special was lifted directly from Mewtwo Returns. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's Mewtwo without Team Rocket, which is sad.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

As much as I hate the thought of a new Mewtwo, this movie looks absolutely incredible. This may be my second favourite Movie behind the very first.

A Pokemon Movie like this has been a long time coming, I've liked the newer movies but the originals have always had this feeling that has never been brought back into AG, DP and BW ones which has always been a shame, but now. Wow I can't even describe how brilliant this should be.

Because of the announcement this is indeed a new Mewtwo, one thing I feel could redeem all of this is if both Mewtwo's were to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    Because of the announcement this is indeed a new Mewtwo, one thing I feel could redeem all of this is if both Mewtwo's were to meet.
    I am thinking this is an attempt to cut off any ties off Mewtwo with Team Rocket and Gen 1. That is, the story of the original Mewtwo, Giovanni etc. etc. has been completely cut off from the newer generations because something related to Mewtwo will happen in the XY Games.

You see, Mewtwo's storyline was hardly touched in the games (other than small tidbits like Mewtwo's Pokedex entry) and using the new forme they mgiht be planning to develop a whole new story. Which means, the anime writers are conflicted between creating a continuity for their own Mewtwo backstory and give the Old Mewtwo a new forme, or make a new Mewtwo with explanations for the new forme using the potential XY game storyline.

At the same time the director wanted to have an epic storyline involving Mewtwo and Genesect, two man made Pokemon. But at the same time, the onset of XY games could have forced some kind of backstory change onto his story board. I am thinking that Mr. Yuyama has his hands tied and is basically going by what they have to advertise rather than focus on continuity.

So, I am thinking that the Old Mewtwo will NEVER ever be mentioned in the anime from now. So, Oldtwo and Newtwo won't be meeting.

<--My tumblr

\

Is there any link to the new trailer yet?

The only thing that can beat a dragon...is another dragon. And ice. Oh, and fairies too.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I am thinking this is an attempt to cut off any ties off Mewtwo with Team Rocket and Gen 1. That is, the story of the original Mewtwo, Giovanni etc. etc. has been completely cut off from the newer generations because something related to Mewtwo will happen in the XY Games.

You see, Mewtwo's storyline was hardly touched in the games (other than small tidbits like Mewtwo's Pokedex entry) and using the new forme they mgiht be planning to develop a whole new story. Which means, the anime writers are conflicted between creating a continuity for their own Mewtwo backstory and give the Old Mewtwo a new forme, or make a new Mewtwo with explanations for the new forme using the potential XY game storyline.

At the same time the director wanted to have an epic storyline involving Mewtwo and Genesect, two man made Pokemon. But at the same time, the onset of XY games could have forced some kind of backstory change onto his story board. I am thinking that Mr. Yuyama has his hands tied and is basically going by what they have to advertise rather than focus on continuity.

So, I am thinking that the Old Mewtwo will NEVER ever be mentioned in the anime from now. So, Oldtwo and Newtwo won't be meeting.
    I believe some form of storyline for in-game Mewtwo is being planned as well and yes, I do think the writers wanted to revert back to the in-game Mewtwo by making a new one in the anime which followed the same storyline.

However, that doesn't erase the fact the original Mewtwo exists, so regardless i'd like to wish Old Mewtwo would meet New Mewtwo at some point in the anime.

Unfortunately, as correct as I was about Mewtwo vs Genesect happening since that was very likely, i'm not deluded - Old M2 meeting New M2 will probably be a 1 in a million chance.

Unless there is another Mewtwo forme... in which case if there is, i wouldn't be surprised if Old M2 get's this forme, and then possibly it could meet New M2.

I believe some form of storyline for in-game Mewtwo is being planned as well and yes, I do think the writers wanted to revert back to the in-game Mewtwo by making a new one in the anime which followed the same storyline.

However, that doesn't erase the fact the original Mewtwo exists, so regardless i'd like to wish Old Mewtwo would meet New Mewtwo at some point in the anime.

Unfortunately, as correct as I was about Mewtwo vs Genesect happening since that was very likely, i'm not deluded - Old M2 meeting New M2 will probably be a 1 in a million chance.

Unless there is another Mewtwo forme... in which case if there is, i wouldn't be surprised if Old M2 get's this forme, and then possibly it could meet New M2.
    It doesn't erase. But it doesn't matter if you remember about Old Mewtwo because the writers are smart enough not to give the Old Mewtwo any possible form of mentions in the anime. The Old Mewtwo, sorry for the use of these words, is basically as good as dead in the canon.

This is just another example of the games affecting the anime canon. Ash being ten year old was just the beginning. Unfortunately, we are entering a stage of Pokemon that the anime is being forced to undergo serious continuity consequences to maintain the game advertising. Ash's seeming regression was just one of those.

<--My tumblr

\

Well Mewtwo sense the Genesect didn't he? and sympathized with them I guess the Mewtwo migth sense each other.

But the Movie 16 Mewtwo doesn't have any backstory and the movies have never referenced the games, as evidenced by Movie 15 alone.

It doesn't erase. But it doesn't matter if you remember about Old Mewtwo because the writers are smart enough not to give the Old Mewtwo any possible form of mentions in the anime. The Old Mewtwo, sorry for the use of these words, is basically as good as dead in the canon.

This is just another example of the games affecting the anime canon. Ash being ten year old was just the beginning. Unfortunately, we are entering a stage of Pokemon that the anime is being forced to undergo serious continuity consequences to maintain the game advertising. Ash's seeming regression was just one of those.
    I agreed with what you said before, but now you're starting to lose it here.

Old Mewtwo is not "as good as dead in the canon", just like every other character. We have references all the time to past events and characters, Old Mewtwo is no different.

Is Old Mew "as good as dead in the canon" because another Mew appeared in Movie 8? No.

Nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well Mewtwo sense the Genesect didn't he? and sympathized with them I guess the Mewtwo migth sense each other.
    Definitely, especially if Old M2 spoke to Ash from a long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    But the Movie 16 Mewtwo doesn't have any backstory and the movies have never referenced the games, as evidenced by Movie 15 alone.
    New M2 already received a small amount of backstory in the special today - we saw that he was made by scientists - hopefully this is expanded on in the actual Movie, but you can't say it has no backstory whatsoever because it does.

New M2 already received a small amount of backstory in the special today - we saw that he was made by scientists - hopefully this is expanded on in the actual Movie, but you can't say it has no backstory whatsoever because it does.
    There is no need to be pedantic. Mewtwo being created from Mew by a bunch of scientists is the least they could say about any Mewtwo.
    Last edited by Kein; 11th July 2013 at 4:20 PM.

There is no need to be pedantic. Mewtwo being created from Mew by a bunch of scientist is the least they could say about any Mewtwo.
    I agree without a doubt, but regardless we already know that Mewtwo was created by scientists full stop. If the writers wanted that to be New M2's backstory - that unfortunately is enough to pass off as a backstory as it explains what we need to know.

I've already said I want a better backstory in the actual movie.

I'm just saying that I see no evidence that the decision to use a new Mewtwo has anything to do with the games.

I'm just saying that I see no evidence that the decision to use a new Mewtwo has anything to do with the games.
    There isn't any evidence, but it seems like a reasonable idea considering Old Mewtwo's story is heavily different to it's in-game counterpart.

The writers may want a New Mewtwo which is simply created by humans, nothing more - like the games.

Movie 1 and Movie 16 are the only movies to have serious Game connections. Movie 1 was obviously an addition to the story line that was skipped in R/B/G/Y. Same goes to Movie 16. The rest of the movies are standalones and not connected to the games at all.

I agreed with what you said before, but now you're starting to lose it here.

Old Mewtwo is not "as good as dead in the canon", just like every other character. We have references all the time to past events and characters, Old Mewtwo is no different.

Is Old Mew "as good as dead in the canon" because another Mew appeared in Movie 8? No.

Nonsense.

Definitely, especially if Old M2 spoke to Ash from a long way away.

Yeah, I exaggerated that. but let's say......Mewtwo is just like Misty would be a more apt comparison.

<--My tumblr

\

The writers may want a New Mewtwo which is simply created by humans, nothing more - like the games.
    Perhaps, but the (original) in-game Mewtwo could easily get a more detailed story in XY, so this movie isn't doing it any favors (especially by connecting it to Genesect). And I don't see why the writers would suddenly care about not contradicting the games, considering that even Movie 1 did that.

I hope this movie is good. The prologue was just trash...

Yeah, I exaggerated that. but let's say......Mewtwo is just like Misty would be a more apt comparison.
    I can agree a little more to this, however as of recently with the Mewtwo hype, it's not set in stone. I think he has a good chance of mentions or references. He definetly hasn't been forgotten outside of the anime with all of the re-airings of Movie 1 and Mewtwo Returns as well as everything else.

Perhaps, but the (original) in-game Mewtwo could easily get a more detailed story in XY, so this movie isn't doing it any favors (especially by connecting it to Genesect). And I don't see why the writers would suddenly care about not contradicting the games, considering that even Movie 1 did that.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you're saying here as well, it's just hard to imagine what the hell the writers were thinking when they created New Mewtwo - i'm just trying to piece things together and make reasonings as to why and how etc.

If they were hoping to connect New Mewtwo's to an in-game Mewtwo, we should probably question why it didn't live in Cerulean Cave.

Where did Movie 1 did that?

But Kein, everything me and Haunter are saying is based on an assumption that "Mewtwo receives a complete rehaul in the games". So yes, if that doesn't happen, everything I said is just nonsense..

<--My tumblr

\

Mewtwo's connection with Team Rocket isn't a thing in the games.

That's mainly how M01 diverged from the games.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 200 of 247 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast