Page 207 of 247 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    The rumors have a good amount of credibility. Very few things went wrong, and many things including Pangoro's name were accurate.

Anyway why are we discussing this anyway?

Yeah! The second Mewtwo forme. It's unlikely at this point to showcase the second forme. I am not denying or supporting the second forme's existence, but it won't be shown in this movie for sure.
    Because I brought up the idea of the potential new form facing off against Xerneas and Yveltal in Movie 17.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Because I brought up the idea of the potential new form facing off against Xerneas and Yveltal in Movie 17.
    I think the writers are smart enough to keep their distance in the "Who is the strongest Legendary fights". They leave those stuff to the fans. Mewtwo vs Genesect and Deoxys vs Rayqyuaza are exceptions because they are too good ideas to leave.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Yeah! The second Mewtwo forme. It's unlikely at this point to showcase the second forme. I am not denying or supporting the second forme's existence, but it won't be shown in this movie for sure.
    Maybe first Mewtwo will have the new forme!
    ...Nahhh.

I love the way the animation for this movie looks so far. Beautiful. Newtwo or no, I'm glad GAME FREAK decided to bring the Pokemon back into the limelight, he certainly deserves it after disappearing from 2nd, 3rd, and early 4th gen, and being shafted from SSBB.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter ゴースト View Post
    New trailer with more scenes - Backstory to the Genesect and Mewtwo confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7a_tUocXpg

Do people genuinely not like this movie anymore? It looks like one of the best there has ever been.
    What backstory? The preview didn't show anything that we don't already know about this Mewtwo.

And if people don't like this movie, then you already know the reason because it's been mentioned so many times before. Just to reiterate: There's hardly any plot in this movie, and the little that's there is marred by the fact that the director couldn't be bothered to make the movie about the original Mewtwo, which I believe is something you also complained about. The movie's only true appeal is the new Mewtwo form and good animation imo, but I personally don't think that it justifies the entire production.

So was the scene where the Genesect went all terrorist on us and attacked Pokemon Hills and then Mewtwo saves Ash and the others and Ash recognizes him but no one else does completely retconned for this new scene where he's saved by the pond? Or does Mewtwo take them away and then disappear before Ash recognizes him?

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    So was the scene where the Genesect went all terrorist on us and attacked Pokemon Hills and then Mewtwo saves Ash and the others and Ash recognizes him but no one else does completely retconned for this new scene where he's saved by the pond? Or does Mewtwo take them away and then disappear before Ash recognizes him?
    Retconned...........although Retcon is not a correct word. Early trailers are just beta ideas about stuff that might happen. The actual story will obviously be different. It's basically like when you write a story, you are fixated on a particular scene to happen, and you just write the idea down and show it to people, but in the actual story you have stuff like Why the scene will happen? Where the scene will happen? When the scene will happen? to consider.

First we had a trailer with Genesect flying.

Then we had a trailer with Ash seeing a super fast Red Genesect.

Then we had Ash saying the same dialogue when the Gensect attacks him and then Mewtwo comes to protect him.

The final trailer had night battles, which is the most accurate trailer.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    I've read through the rumours and never read anything about Sycamore. The rumours stated 'The Professor's English name is Patrice'.

Also if there is a second Mewtwo forme, wouldn't you think we'd have heard something about it by now?
    But there is most likely a second Mewtwo form, since Pokebeach's leaker was pretty darn accurate and it's one of their predictions.

Also, the prologue was horrendous.
    Last edited by Mewter; 12th July 2013 at 9:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    What backstory? The preview didn't show anything that we don't already know about this Mewtwo.

And if people don't like this movie, then you already know the reason because it's been mentioned so many times before. Just to reiterate: There's hardly any plot in this movie, and the little that's there is marred by the fact that the director couldn't be bothered to make the movie about the original Mewtwo, which I believe is something you also complained about. The movie's only true appeal is the new Mewtwo form and good animation imo, but I personally don't think that it justifies the entire production.
    Well, I like that the director at least made the New-York-esque city depict the irl city well with animation.
    Other than that, yeah I don't see any appealing plot or anything new here. It's just the action that's cool and the aegyo Pikachu Short.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Quote Originally Posted by Mewter View Post
    But there is most likely a second Mewtwo form, since Pokebeach's leaker was pretty darn accurate and it's one of their predictions.

Also, the prologue was horrendous.
    It doesn't matter how "accurate" they are.

Until it's confirmed, it means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It doesn't matter how "accurate" they are.

Until it's confirmed, it means nothing.
    No. Until it's confirmed, it means it's most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewter View Post
    No. Until it's confirmed, it means it's most likely.
    I agree with you but you're better off not mentioning the potential new form right now that was a huge mistake on my part.

We clearly see the Genesect Army being created and breaking out of Team Plasma's lab, a unique scene of them specificially shooting down a door with their logo on it is seen.

As for Mewtwo, unlike the prologue where we saw flashbacks we could clearly see Mewtwo in it's tubing, waking up, bubbles from the tubes and it breaking out after being attacked.

More is likely to follow.

And if people don't like this movie, then you already know the reason because it's been mentioned so many times before.
    Which is exactly why i'm surprised.

Yes it's annoying it isn't the same Mewtwo but whatever, the entire Movie looks incredible.

Just to reiterate: There's hardly any plot in this movie, and the little that's there is marred by the fact that the director couldn't be bothered to make the movie about the original Mewtwo, which I believe is something you also complained about.
    There's the same amount of plot in this Movie as their is in the very first movie which happens to be the best in my opinion.

I don't recall complaining, i'm annoyed sure, but i've easily managed to accept this new Mewtwo.

The movie's only true appeal is the new Mewtwo form and good animation imo, but I personally don't think that it justifies the entire production.
    Opinions I suppose.

I also can see an emotional side to the movie, and the soundtrack from what i've heard already is nothing short of incredible in terms of how captivating it is.

The animation, story and music all seem good to me.

There's the same amount of plot in this Movie as their is in the very first movie which happens to be the best in my opinion.
    Yeah no. I can tell you that there was a LOT more plot to M01 than "Mewtwo fights Mew EXPLOSIONS FIGHTS".
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Yeah no. I can tell you that there was a LOT more plot to M01 than "Mewtwo fights Mew EXPLOSIONS FIGHTS".
    Yeah yes.

Movie 1:

-Mewtwo is created, escapes, trains and then returns (his character is established in 10 - 12 minutes).
    -Ash and co are invited to Mewtwos island after his Fearow films him battling.
    -Ash and co arrive at Island where they meet Mewtwo and battle with the fully evolved starters.
    -Mewtwo captures everyones Pokemon, Ash saves them.
    -Mew appears - Real Pokemon fight Clones. Battle commences and Ash stops it.
    -Mewtwo realises errors and leaves.

/END.

Movie 16:

(Obviously I haven't seen the Movie yet but the overall plot seems like so)

-Genesect are created and then escape, they are seen travelling ultimately ending up at NTC.
    -Ash and Co. arrive at NTC where Ash befriends Douse Genesect and is suddenly attacked by the Army - Mewtwo saves them and teleports them away.
    -Mewtwo introduces himself, explains the Genesect's problem.
    -Genesect Army attack the city - Mewtwo defends the City.
    -Revelation happens - Genesect stop attacking and Mewtwo stops fighting.

/END

----

Seriously? You're seriously saying they don't have the same style of plot?

Whatever, I can see it.

In

Note how M01 wasn't a glorified battle stretched out for 90 minutes.

Also note how Mewtwo's character was more complex than Newtwo's AND the Army's combined.

I'm sure The Great Butler or someone can explan it better than me, but yeah.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Also note how Mewtwo's character was more complex than Newtwo's AND the Army's combined.

I'm sure The Great Butler or someone can explan it better than me, but yeah.
    Your exaggerating.

The battle will probably be 20, 30 minutes tops. The battling between the clones was roughly 15 - 20 - but besides this, that's not the point. You said the story doesn't have any plot when it clearly does and the plot is just as simple as Movie 1.

Again, your seem to be exaggerating. The Genesect Army clearly have a fairly complex plot about wanting to be back home, questioning the future - New Mewtwo is questioning, humans, life, the genesect and other things. Movie 1 Mewtwo is just as complex as Genesect Army and New Mewtwo - they're equal.
    Last edited by Sushi; 13th July 2013 at 12:57 AM.

I get the feeling that some of you are not aware of the differences between the original version of Movie 1 and the dub. This essay explains the differences fairly well and also illustrates the fact that the original story actually has depth to it by way of Mewtwo's existential crisis and the highly controversial topic of the value of clones as living beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter
    The Genesect Army clearly have a fairly complex plot about wanting to be back home, questioning the future
    Wanting to go home does not a complex plot make. The Red Genesect is the only one that wants to destroy the city even though that has nothing to do with finding their home.

New Mewtwo is questioning, humans, life, the genesect and other things.
    It has barely been shown to interact with Ash or any other person. All it wants to do is defend the city and help the Genesect, which may make it a protagonist, but very little more than that. It seems indifferent to humans and it has shown no signs of questioning anything.

Movie 1 Mewtwo is just as complex as Genesect Army and New Mewtwo - they're equal.
    They're equal? Then all characters are equal and they're all interchangeable.
    Last edited by Kein; 12th July 2013 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    I get the feeling that some of you are not aware of the differences between the original version of Movie 1 and the dub. This essay explains the differences fairly well and also illustrates the fact that the original story actually has depth to it by way of Mewtwo's existential crisis and the highly controversial topic of the value of clones as living beings.
    Amen, although regardless you could still argue the dub has the same amount of plot.

Wanting to go home does not a complex plot make. The Red Genesect is the only one that wants to destroy the city even though that has nothing to do with finding their home.
    No not at all, be we can clearly see the Douse Genesect is questioning a lot, it even cries at a flower at a certain scene. As complex as we all like to believe Mewtwo was, all he did was question life and have a vendetta against humans.

The Genesect want to return home, to their original time and have a vendetta towards the city that has built over it.

It has barely been shown to interact with Ash or any other person. All it wants to do is defend the city and help the Genesect, which may make it a protagonist, but very little more than that. It seems indifferent to humans and it has shown no signs of questioning anything.
    It's an anti-hero by the looks of things.

It has been seen interacting, explaining the Genesect - explaining how it can relate to them as they are both created by humans etc. Everything you listed there is actually present just watch 2/3 trailers.

They're equal? Then all characters are equal and they're all replaceable.
    Spin Attaxx suggested that M1 Mewtwo is more complex than the Genesect Army and M16 Mewtwo combined - to which I explained why that isn't really the case. Combined they're equal.

No, they are not all equal and all replaceable that's just being silly.

Seriously? You're seriously saying they don't have the same style of plot?

Whatever, I can see it.

In
    I read that as "M16 has the same or similar plot to the first movie. It's the first movie all over again."

If that's true, I think that's pretty lazy. I can understand if they make allusions to the first movie because of the similarities between Genesect and Mewtwo, but there's a difference in comparing and contrasting, and making a complete rewrite of a previously-done story. And wouldn't it work best if it wasn't Newtwo? I've seen numerous times that the prologue was basically an abridgment of the first movie and its sequel using a completely different Mewtwo, which is dumb, really.

Ugh, thinking about this movie and the poor choices that went into it makes me extremely sad, because it has potential to be a good film, and I would like for it to be a good film. It just wasn't handled correctly, and that upsets me at how many missed opportunities there were.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Amen, although regardless you could still argue the dub has the same amount of plot.
    Not really.

No not at all, be we can clearly see the Douse Genesect is questioning a lot, it even cries at a flower at a certain scene.
    So because someone cries that means that it "questions a lot"? I guess that makes babies pretty compelling characters, then.

As complex as we all like to believe Mewtwo was, all he did was question life and have a vendetta against humans.
    It wanted to find out if the clones being the creation of man made them inferior to natural creatures. It is the only character in the history of the anime that has had a philosophical approach to life.

The Genesect want to return home, to their original time and have a vendetta towards the city that has built over it.
    Judging from the manga, they don't even know that the city was built over their home (it probably wasn't). Only the Red Genesect is hell-bent on lashing out on innocent bystanders, and there is just no reason for it.

It has been seen interacting, explaining the Genesect - explaining how it can relate to them as they are both created by humans etc. Everything you listed there is actually present just watch 2/3 trailers.
    Saying that it can relate to the Genesect does not mean anything about its ability to understand people. The prologue made it clear that it doesn't trust them and yet has no vendetta (which wasn't explained).

Spin Attaxx suggested that M1 Mewtwo is more complex than the Genesect Army and M16 Mewtwo combined - to which I explained why that isn't really the case. Combined they're equal.
    Combined? And that's good enough for you? They're six characters.
    Last edited by Kein; 13th July 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Depends on what you mean. I believe it was hyped to be exactly that, but the end result was different; we never got a satisfying conclusion to the Mewtwo and Mew battle. I mean most of the conclusion of the movie just showed the other clone Pokemon fighting, then Ash snatched the spotlight by jumping between Mewtwo and Mew's last attack. I personally felt robbed after seeing that movie because it was too anti-climactic imo.

This movie seems similar to the first Mewtwo movie in that it's also being hyped as having an awesome battle, but I think it'll be very anti-climactic also. I think a better comparison would be the Deoxys movie though which also had awesome animation and a hyped battle between two Legendary Pokemon, but ultimately fell flat because of that last minute robot swarm thing at the end.

Truth tea. The original Mewtwo was a lot more interesting, although I give props to this new one for at least smiling; did the old one ever do that? I think he smirked once but it wasn't the same as this new Mewtwo's smile, which looked more sincere.

Truth tea. The original Mewtwo was a lot more interesting, although I give props to this new one for at least smiling; did the old one ever do that? I think he smirked once but it wasn't the same as this new Mewtwo's smile, which looked more sincere.
    Mewtwo kinda smiles a few times in Mewtwo Returns, and at the end, it may have been a smile of gratitude. It wasn't as big as Newtwo's smile (which seriously freaks me out a bit o_O, probably because a smiling Mewtwo feels unnatural to me), but it was there.

I dunno, Newtwo doesn't appear to be the grumpy bear that is the original Mewtwo.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Eh, as far as i've seen Great Butler has done nothing but complain about this movie since the new Mewtwo announcement. I understand when people don't like something, and they have their opinion but when they're are constantly telling everybody as to why it's bad and why we shouldn't like it either is annoying.
    Nice, I guess you didn't see where I said I convinced myself it was the real Mewtwo so I could enjoy the movie, nor did you bother to read the announcement at the top of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Judging from the manga, they don't even know that the city was built over their home (it probably wasn't). Only the Red Genesect is hell-bent on lashing out on innocent bystanders, and there is just no reason for it.
    Everything I had heard and seen suggested that at least the Red Genesect wants to turn New Tork City into their home by driving out the humans and other Pokemon and building their cocoon there, all because the tall buildings remind them of the tall pillars that were there in their home.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Everything I had heard and seen suggested that at least the Red Genesect wants to turn New Tork City into their home by driving out the humans and other Pokemon and building their cocoon there, all because the tall buildings remind them of the tall pillars that were there in their home.
    That's a shallow reason if I ever saw one. There has to be a better place out there, but they just set their eyes on New Tork City after the initial encounter with Mewtwo at the snow-laden pillars.

Aren't the Genesect programmed to be killing machines? Probably they're destroying things as programmed while looking for a place to consider their home as a bonus. And maybe Douse Genesect is defective and as such it's more focused in finding its home rather than destroying things.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Page 207 of 247 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast