Page 208 of 247 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

The Genesect's home is the mountain range/snowy area where they originally start rampaging. New Tork City is nearby to the mountain range and the buildings remind them of the pillars of their original home which is why they start attacking, because they want to turn the city back into their homeland.

Mewtwo runs into them and finds out about their backstory, and how they were engineered by Team Plasma. Mewtwo tries to show them the way to cope with modern life but Extremespeed Genesect just won't take his s*** and go on with the original plan.

Ash and the others obviously get mixed into the conflict and it's basically Everyone VS Genesect Army until Douse Genesect ends up getting hurt/killed in the conflict and the Extremespeed Genesect learns the errors of his ways. Ash and Mewtwo go on with their plan and take them to a paradise where they can call home.

And that is basically my take on the entire movie.

Wait, so I was right about the Genesect's home being somewhere else then? 'Cause I brought up that argument a few months ago but people were saying that New Tork City was the Genesect's old home and I believed them, and now it sounds like it's just a place that they want to convert into their new home. It's even weirder now because the motivation for their invasion of the city seems really weak. I mean in retrospect it would've made more sense for New Tork City to have been their original home imo. Now I'm starting to believe that Mr. Yuyama has lost his magic. I sincerely believe that his storytelling skills are slipping; the plot of this movie makes no sense to me. :c

Could we maybe at least wait until someone somewhere has actually seen the movie before we start trying to criticize it in detail? I mean, really.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Is it already out in Japan?

The first showing literally just finished, lol.

Edit: Well, as far as I know.

This movie is animated beautifully. New Torque City is breathtaking and looks so realistic. It resembles NYC a lot, and I like how there's even a brief scene in Times Square. If you look at every window in some scenes you'll see that the interiors are all different. Nice attention to detail.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Could we maybe at least wait until someone somewhere has actually seen the movie before we start trying to criticize it in detail? I mean, really.
    Don't we literally know 99% of the movies story line by now tho? I think its safe to criticize its lack of coherent plot because its kind of a big deal when a movie doesn't make sense to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Don't we literally know 99% of the movies story line by now tho? I think its safe to criticize its lack of coherent plot because its kind of a big deal when a movie doesn't make sense to the audience.
    No? A movie is more than what the previews and summaries give us. We still don't even know how everything is resolved.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

So Ash ends up not even knowing what Pokemon Mewtwo is.....well done writers *sarcasm*

So basically, the first trailers lied, the director lied, and this Mewtwo accidentally killed its creators unlike the original Mewtwo, and its confirmed a girl.

I am so disappointed with the Best Wishes saga as a whole. This movie was supposed to redeem the saga but it did nothing but make me hate the writers entirely. It's not only bad writing, but this movie basically says M01 and Mewtwo Retirns don't exist anymore and the events that took place didn't really happened. They gave a big middle finger to anyone who is a fan of the original Mewtwo.

Exactly!
    After reading Pokebeach's plot summary of the Genesect vs Mewtwo... why Pokemon anime? Why?*
    It contradicts the Johto special (Ash doesn't even remember the original), the fight ends in a weak tie just to avoid a winner (and they can't stop themselves from falling apparently), and the new Mewtwo's background is like a bad third photocopy of the first Mewtwo's background. The ideas of the movie also seem weak compared to the first movie.
    Considering this is a criticism based on a summary of the movie, it may be a little bit off. But from that, it sounds disappointing.

This, tied in with the main character's general ineptness and bad writing in general.

*Target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Yea, I'm agreeing with you fully on this. I say it's better to wait then to judge it if we haven't even seen it for ourselves yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty-Skitty View Post
    Pretty much. The only part that we don't know is the conclusion of the movie, but it's not like I expect for Mewtwo's backstory to be revealed at the very end. And like I said before, it makes little sense for the Genesect to want to take over New Tork City, and my feeling about that won't change even when the movie's conclusion is revealed.

On a slightly lighter note, the scenes where Mewtwo and Genesect were fighting in the city at night reminded me of something out of Godzilla. It looked really good.

I'm glad I'm forcing myself to see it as the real Mewtwo, because based on that summary WPM gave, if you treat it as a separate Mewtwo I would call this the worst of all sixteen movies.

Mewtwo Q's backstory is not given beyond that it accidentally blew up the lab and killed its creators. Everything else seems to match the manga. The conclusion is that Mewtwo Q drags Red Genesect into space and they fall unconscious, then wake up and see the sun rising over Earth, leading them both to realize that they have a place in the world. They then get rescued from falling by the other Genesect and the Pokemon Hills Pokemon; this is where Charizard and Dragonite appear.

In the end the Genesect stay in New Tork City, but Mewtwo Q leaves and watches over the city. Yes, Mewtwo Q even has the exact same ending the real Mewtwo had.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 13th July 2013 at 5:30 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

SO Mewtwo being hit by a thunderstorm and then transforming give me a hunch Awakening form is Psychic / Electric type!!

So there's no epic conclusion to Mewtwo vs. Genesect? They just see the sun and settle their differences? Geez, I'm kind of glad that this isn't the same Mewtwo now because that ending would have been a whole lot worse if he was involved. I just don't like how much hype the battle received only for it to end with a preachy/cutesy moment. :x

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    The conclusion is that Mewtwo Q drags Red Genesect into space and they fall unconscious, then wake up and see the sun rising over Earth, leading them both to realize that they have a place in the world. They then get rescued from falling by the other Genesect and the Pokemon Hills Pokemon; this is where Charizard and Dragonite appear.
    WOW at the bolded part.

Well what the hell did it think would happen? It went however-many-Gs up to space, so of course they would pass out from it. That's stupid. If they wanted a sunrise, why not take Red Genesect elsewhere instead of risking brain damage from it?

Anti-climatic much? Why am I surprised at this? Of course they wouldn't have a philosophical discussion with these writers.

I am beyond disappointed.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Genesect and Mewtwo hold hands? And watch the sunset apparently I wasn't expecting that I thought they would have went into outer space in order to finish their fight.

So does this make Returns non-canon?

And I still want to see this outer space scene. Sounds beautiful.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Genesect and Mewtwo hold hands? And watch the sunset apparently I wasn't expecting that I thought they would have went into outer space in order to finish their fight.
    Sounds like a cheesy ending.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So does this make Returns non-canon?

And I still want to see this outer space scene. Sounds beautiful.
    No, we just make-believe that this movie never happened.

So...there's only one Mewtwo.

Judging by the summary, there's only one, at least in this canon.

That's nice, thank you director, for butchering and killing everything known as Mewtwo, scrubbing the first one out of existence, and then creating a brand new one, with a similar background only different because not the same one.

Great job. Now, I can't watch this movie at all, was going to, but I just can't any more. It's just not worth it. But I guess if the actual tv series is having problems with writing, why should I expect anything different than a Pokemon movie that takes place during the best wishes.

I seriously hope they start trying for X and Y. I like all 6th gen Pokemon unlike 5th gen, so here's hoping I'll like 6th generation anime.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

A wild Sableye and Feraligatr were heavily featured in the film. Feraligatr because it was needed to put out the fires, Sableye for no real reason. Perhaps it will have an evolution in X/Y, so they decided to promote it here?

Maybe, the rumors are true.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

That's nice, thank you director, for butchering and killing everything known as Mewtwo, scrubbing the first one out of existence, and then creating a brand new one, with a similar background only different because not the same one.
    So the writers wants us to belive that the Mewtwo from M01 don't exist, so they can prove that this New Mewtwo is the only one in the anime canon ? That's just stupid.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 13th July 2013 at 6:01 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I love how the writers' explanation for the second Mewtwo is that the first one is non-existent. Is anyone seriously dumb enough to fall for that? The kids are well aware of the original Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

They are in no way erasing the existence of the old Mewtwo.

The rest I won't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewter View Post
    No, we just make-believe that this movie never happened.
    I'll be here to keep reminding everyone

Page 208 of 247 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast