Page 209 of 247 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They are in no way erasing the existence of the old Mewtwo.
    Oh? Having Ash not remember what a Mewtwo is doesn't count as a retcon? His memory was not wiped out in Mewtwo Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sylveon_ View Post
    A wild Sableye and Feraligatr were heavily featured in the film. Feraligatr because it was needed to put out the fires, Sableye for no real reason. Perhaps it will have an evolution in X/Y, so they decided to promote it here?

Maybe, the rumors are true.
    It's just a Sableye. If it was going to get an evolution, they would've shown it in the movie.

And what's this about the other Mewtwo being retconned out of existence? I mean was it literally stated in the movie that only one Mewtwo exists or was that just an assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    And what's this about the other Mewtwo being retconned out of existence? I mean was it literally stated in the movie that only one Mewtwo exists or was that just an assumption?
    Apparently, he had no clue what a Mewtwo is.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

From the summary:
    Quote Originally Posted by PokéBeach
    Ash asked Mewtwo who she is. No one had ever seen a Mewtwo before.

They are in no way erasing the existence of the old Mewtwo.

The rest I won't even bother.
    Mewtwo is created by evil scientists, and "accidentally" blows up the lab and destroys and kills everyone.

And on top of that Ash DOES NOT know what a Mewtwo is.

As far as this movie's canon is concerned, YES there is only one and its this new Mewtwo.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

As far as I know, the other Mewtwo wasn't "retconned out of existence," but it wasn't mentioned and Ash acted like he'd never met it. In contradiction with the teasers.
    It's a possibility, but not at all a sure thing. It could be attributed to convenient forgetfulness, or a deletion of Returns, or deletion of both Returns and movie 1. We don't know.

If one thing is sure, it's that the anime is a promotional medium with extremely weak storytelling and very little regard for continuity.
    Last edited by Mewter; 13th July 2013 at 7:08 AM.

Where's the link to this summary? I can't find it, and I don't know what "WPM" means...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Oh boy how could he just forget? Man it looks like I'm going to be disappointed by this movie the last two decent Pokemon movies in my opinion were Lucario and The Mystery of Mew and Destiny Deoxys..

Here Kutie Pie
    Mewtwo was cloned from Mew by different scientists, who are evil, then unintentionally blew up their lab and killed them after they were shocking her with electrodes and she was trying to push them away.
    Mewtwo traveled away and got zapped by lightning in a storm, then fell to the ground and into a cave. Some Pokemon nursed it back to health.
    Mewtwo's new forme is obviously some sort of speed forme.
    Genesect were revived from fossils by Team Plasma then escaped.
    The Genesect attack New Tork City because it reminds them of their home from prehistoric times and they want to take over. They try to make a nest for themselves.
    The Genesect with the Douse Drive gets close to Ash and crew and protects them. He has a little boy's voice and is nostalgic for a flower that is growing in New Tork City that is from their home. He is not aggressive at all and is portrayed as "cute."
    Red Genesect is a meany and tells the other Genesect to attack everyone, but it's not really evil. However it can force the other Genesect to fight against their will (which happens with Douse Drive Genesect a lot). As they attack Ash and crew, Mewtwo saves the day.
    The rest of the film is about Mewtwo trying to convince the Genesect to go with her - they are unneeded Pokemon born unnaturally, so they should go somewhere else together.
    Red Genesect and Mewtwo zoom around the entire city. The worst of the damage is a few smashed walls.
    The Genesect nest catches fire because it is feeding into the city's generators. While the wild Pokemon have been attacking the Genesect the entire film (and vice versa), they help put the fire out and the Genesect are touched. They stop fighting.
    At the end, Red Genesect isn't listening to anyone so Mewtwo grabs it and zooms up into space. Both lose consciousness. They wake up and watch the sun peak around the Earth, learning that they are part of this world or whatever, then fall back through the atmosphere at uncontrollable speeds. Red Genesect helps Mewtwo as they fall and the two take each others hands. The other Genesect form a web to break the fall, Charizard and Dragonite help, and the Psychic-type wild Pokemon form a bubble from a pond to stop them from hitting the ground.
    The Genesect make their home in New Tork City and form a new nest near the flowers.
    Mewtwo leaves, but then at the end of the film is watching over the city.
    A wild Sableye and Feraligatr were heavily featured in the film. Feraligatr because it was needed to put out the fires, Sableye for no real reason. Perhaps it will have an evolution in X/Y, so they decided to promote it here?
    At some point in the film there was a shot of New Tork City on fire with thick clouds of black smoke (one of the characters was describing what would happen if the Genesect nest continued to expand into the city's electrical systems). It looked very much like 9/11. When we walked out of the theater we all simultaneously stated that we think the shot will be cut out of the American dub. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    Oh? Having Ash not remember what a Mewtwo is doesn't count as a retcon? His memory was not wiped out in Mewtwo Returns.
    Then Returns never happened. The first movie had to of happened because it tied into the regular anime. Returns status was already shoddy due to it being a anime special ( like Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon I consider it non-canon).
    Last edited by diakyu; 13th July 2013 at 7:07 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Then Returns never happened. The first movie had to of happened because it tied into the regular anime.
    Do you know what else it tied into? Mewtwo Returns, which by association should also be canon. By your logic the prologue to this movie never happened, either.

I don't get it, are they acting like the special isn't canon than? I understand the first film but come on...I want to see this film but at the same time, Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon and if they are acting like those films aren't apart of the Pokemon series =/
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Thanks, JD.

So this is a brief summary someone posted on Pokébeach after seeing the film? Gonna pry it apart bullet by bullet, then.

Whoa-whoa-whoa, hold up.

Ash asked Mewtwo who she is.

Ash asked Mewtwo who she is.

Ash is either really that stupid, or the writers really retconned Mewtwo Returns out of existence despite the teaser trailer showing Ash explicitly saying Mewtwo's name.

What the hell, writers? WHAT THE HELL.

Mewtwo was cloned from Mew by different scientists, who are evil, then unintentionally blew up their lab and killed them after they were shocking her with electrodes and she was trying to push them away.
    So... these scientists probably don't know who Team Rocket is, or who Dr. Fuji is. Somehow, they cloned Mew in a way to correctly make Newtwo exactly like the original Mewtwo. BULL.

Now the accidental murder I can get, though why would it be accidental when the asshole scientists pretty much deserved it? Newtwo's justified in this case.

Mewtwo traveled away and got zapped by lightning in a storm, then fell to the ground and into a cave. Some Pokemon nursed it back to health.
    Okay, fair enough. Newtwo was recently born (though I doubt it says how long Newtwo was being experimented on), though suspension of disbelief shows in how Newtwo survives being struck by lightning and falling to the ground from who-knows how high up. If it's to show how powerful it is, I don't see it. Yes, Pokémon are very resilient, but still, that should've really messed it up.

Mewtwo's new forme is obviously some sort of speed forme.
    Really, I wouldn't have guessed it. Now where did that forme come from, is the real question.

Genesect were revived from fossils by Team Plasma then escaped.
    Fair enough.

The Genesect attack New Tork City because it reminds them of their home from prehistoric times and they want to take over. They try to make a nest for themselves.
    Again, fair enough.

The Genesect with the Douse Drive gets close to Ash and crew and protects them. He has a little boy's voice and is nostalgic for a flower that is growing in New Tork City that is from their home. He is not aggressive at all and is portrayed as "cute."
    Okay, so it has a personality and sounds like a young boy. That makes sense, it's fairly young.

So I take it none of the Genesect are female, then. Phooey.

Red Genesect is a meany and tells the other Genesect to attack everyone, but it's not really evil. However it can force the other Genesect to fight against their will (which happens with Douse Drive Genesect a lot). As they attack Ash and crew, Mewtwo saves the day.
    So it's not evil, but it brainwashes the other Genesect to fight when they don't want to. Dictatorship much?

The rest of the film is about Mewtwo trying to convince the Genesect to go with her - they are unneeded Pokemon born unnaturally, so they should go somewhere else together.
    So... Newtwo holds no vendetta at all. It just knows that it doesn't belong in the world, so they need to go someplace to live away from other Pokémon.

Okay... makes sense, I guess.

Red Genesect and Mewtwo zoom around the entire city. The worst of the damage is a few smashed walls.
    Oh come on, really? Destiny Deoxys had more destruction than that.

The Genesect nest catches fire because it is feeding into the city's generators. While the wild Pokemon have been attacking the Genesect the entire film (and vice versa), they help put the fire out and the Genesect are touched. They stop fighting.
    So... how did they get the nest to feed into the generators? I take it this is the energy they needed, but the nest looked rather prehistoric. I don't get it... though the last part is fine.

At the end, Red Genesect isn't listening to anyone so Mewtwo grabs it and zooms up into space. Both lose consciousness.
    This makes me laugh my ass off and angry at the same time. What was the whole point in going up there if they were going to lose consciousness anyway? How stupid is Newtwo? What, did it think there would be something above the clouds? Mewtwo was more intelligent than this!

They wake up and watch the sun peak around the Earth, learning that they are part of this world or whatever, then fall back through the atmosphere at uncontrollable speeds. Red Genesect helps Mewtwo as they fall and the two take each others hands. The other Genesect form a web to break the fall, Charizard and Dragonite help, and the Psychic-type wild Pokemon form a bubble from a pond to stop them from hitting the ground.
    Stupid. What, they don't talk to each other or have a brief fight? They just watch the sun rise from behind the earth (or should we say peek around the edge of the earth because it can't rise where it is) and then go "Oh, we do belong here, that's nice" and then gravity kicks in and they fall back to the earth.

And pointless role is pointless!

The Genesect make their home in New Tork City and form a new nest near the flowers.
    So the Genesect choose to deal with what happened to their home. Okay, I guess.

Mewtwo leaves, but then at the end of the film is watching over the city.
    Then why did it leave the city just to come back? And it has a similar ending to Mewtwo Returns, as Great Butler pointed out.

So the plot is pretty much weak, from what I gather. Doesn't help that Ash had no idea who Mewtwo was in the movie, thus completely spitting in the face of continuity especially after the (teaser) trailer had him explicitly say "Myuutsuu". And wait, didn't the manga have a character (either Ash or Eric or whoever) give the backstory to Newtwo? So was the mangaka really trying to save continuity all along?

Outside of the action and animation, this movie is going to hurt. Who knows what the dub's going to do, but no matter what, something's going to hurt, whether it's the retconning, or the anti-climax, or even Newtwo itself. What a disappointment, though we really shouldn't have been surprised from the start.

Screw you, writers. Screw you, director. Screw you, movie.

*flips table*
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 13th July 2013 at 7:50 AM.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Wow I just read the summary on Pokebeach and this movie sounds so lame. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see the movie but right now it's definitely in my top 5 worst Pokemon movies ever.

If this summary is true, and this movie is as bad as it sounds...how can anyone honestly defend this movie?

Kutie Pie, I wholeheartedly agree with you

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    From the summary:
    That's terrible. I mean it was bad enough that a second Mewtwo was made, yet apparently the director wanted to take things even further by making it seem as if Ash had never met a Mewtwo before? It's just too much imo. I said a few days ago that it seemed like the director just didn't care about continuity, but this new information makes me think that he has something against the first Mewtwo because of the way that the original Mewtwo has been retconned out of the anime like this.

That's terrible. I mean it was bad enough that a second Mewtwo was made, yet apparently the director wanted to take things even further by making it seem as if Ash had never met a Mewtwo before? It's just too much imo. I said a few days ago that it seemed like the director just didn't care about continuity, but this new information makes me think that he has something against the first Mewtwo because of the way that the original Mewtwo has been retconned out of the anime like this.
    I wonder if there is a line in Mewtwo Returns that's pretty much like "Goodbye Mewtwo, we'll never forget you". I feel like there might be, but it's been a couple years since I've watched it

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    If this summary is true, and this movie is as bad as it sounds...how can anyone honestly defend this movie?
    I don't defend it. I'll just watch, enjoy and go on with my business and not complain about it.

To be honest, it's a kids movie. That's all there is to it, I see no reason to get so upset.

So even this movie can be turned lame?

Best Wishes is reallly living up to its name.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I'm so glad I prepared myself for this the moment Reiko Takashima's voice came out of Mewtwo's mou-er, brain.

It makes this reveal a lot less painful.

I'll refrain from making any judgement's until I actually see the move. Though Ash not remembering seeing a Mewtwo is kinda lame, but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I wonder if there is a line in Mewtwo Returns that's pretty much like "Goodbye Mewtwo, we'll never forget you". I feel like there might be, but it's been a couple years since I've watched it
    In the Japanese version, Ash told Mewtwo that he would like to see it again. In the dub, he said that now they would both remember each other.

In the Japanese version, Ash told Mewtwo that he would like to see it again. In the dub, he said that now they would both remember each other.
    Lol, ain't that ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    I don't defend it. I'll just watch, enjoy and go on with my business and not complain about it.

To be honest, it's a kids movie. That's all there is to it, I see no reason to get so upset.
    Dude...they ruined Mewtwo. They RUINED MEWTWO. Do you not see how serious this is? This isn't some "well we can't expect the best from the anime. I'll enjoy it anyway." No, this isn't some minor thing. You cannot possibly expect people to be okay with Mewtwo, the original most powerful Pokémon, one of the most famous Pokémon around, one of the most iconic of the start of Pokémon...to be erased and replaced with a weaker clone with absolutely no explanation.

If you're okay with it, well good for you. But this is an insult to longtime fans and another mess up for Best Wishes

I thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Doesn't mean you should treat kids like little idiots with the memory of a goldfish. TheFonz said everything I would've otherwise liked to say, so I second that.

Then it means Ash is an idiot because the writers willed it. A tragic idiot who is attracted to irony, but one nevertheless.
    I survived Pupa.

Honestly, I blame the return of the Pikachu shorts last year. Having the short caused the movie to lose a good 20 minutes, and if the story didn't have to be crushed into a 70-75 minute movie maybe Yuyama wouldn't have decided he had to retcon Mewtwo out of existence to do it. Fitting decent stories into shorter movies was yet another thing Shudo could do that this crew can't.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Page 209 of 247 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219 ... LastLast