Page 217 of 247 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I love the fact that everyone was hoping Mewtwo would be in this movie and now they're upset because a Mewtwo appeared in this movie. I do understand why you're all annoyed though, even if Mewtwo was never one of my favorites, it's still a bit annoying. I'm actually fond of this new Mewtwo though!

I honestly only want to watch this movie because of the Genesect, Douse Drive Genesect sounds adorable, and I'm glad at least one of them ended up being female, at least how I see it. I'll see what the dub does though, for Douse.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

she
    I started cackling like a mad hyena. The hopes and dreams of a million fanboys were dashed in an instant.

... but I for one welcome our new prissy Legendary and am perfectly fine with her existence. Also kind of throws the There can only be one Legendary myth completely out the window because by gosh if that hasn't been completely deconfirmed by the anime at this point.

So.. If the new Mewtwo is the only Mewtwo, does that mean the first Mewtwo is retconned out of continuity or am I missing something?
    Headcanon: Ash played dumb because he knew the original Mewtwo wanted to remain a secret. If he went around blasting " Oh hey I know another Pokemon that looks a lot like you! " that could prompt unsavory people to go looking for the original which is something he didn't want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilFruit View Post
    Genesect does sound like Cutemon from Digimon Xros, so he could just be the same VA.
    That would be a no.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Headcanon: Ash played dumb because he knew the original Mewtwo wanted to remain a secret. If he went around blasting " Oh hey I know another Pokemon that looks a lot like you! " that could prompt unsavory people to go looking for the original which is something he didn't want to happen.
    I accept this headcanon. Everyone should accept this headcanon even if most of the time Ash makes himself look like an idiot and actually forgets important things. Maybe sometimes he can remember something and keep it a secret for once... Doubtful, but I still accept the headcanon.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

I think she'll be voicing Mewtwo if it's confirmed that she's doing this movie.
    Jessie has a speaking part in this, so that's likely all it's going to be.

With TPCi's habit of getting guest VAs for the movies now, I'm predicting Colleen Clinkenbeard if they keep Mewtwo Q female.

Meanwhile a certain other forum we all know and love is eating this Mewtwo slop up, one of them even going as far as to say that this mess somehow honors Shudo's work.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareHybrid View Post
    I accept this headcanon. Everyone should accept this headcanon even if most of the time Ash makes himself look like an idiot and actually forgets important things. Maybe sometimes he can remember something and keep it a secret for once... Doubtful, but I still accept the headcanon.
    *Snerk* The last time someone suggested that a couple pages back they were, well, disagreed with as it being a stupid idea. Personally, I don't think it is a bad idea. Better than some of the other explanations I've seen. I'd considered it myself once or twice today to be honest, even if I really wasn't sure it was the right way to go.

...what, seriously?

I mean, I've been busy laughing about how stupid I find this whole Newtwo business (seriously, wtfrell) and now there's some people saying this is a good movie? I guess it might be better than the last movie, since the Legendary star of it isn't so annoying... though wait, I probably am wrong. But yeesh! First the people wanting the XB1 to have the insane DRM and now this?

What forum is that, anyway? (Can just be an acronym if you don't want to bring attention to it.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    Jessie has a speaking part in this, so that's likely all it's going to be.

With TPCi's habit of getting guest VAs for the movies now, I'm predicting Colleen Clinkenbeard if they keep Mewtwo Q female.

Meanwhile a certain other forum we all know and love is eating this Mewtwo slop up, one of them even going as far as to say that this mess somehow honors Shudo's work.
    Who has Colleen Clinkenbeard voiced also? I remember her name in the credits in another animated movie.

And that other forum must be just nonsensical fanboys and fangirls more so than SPPf.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

so... has anyone considered that Ash asked the new Mewtwo who/what she was because... she's a freaking Mewtwo, he's only seen one in his entire lifetime in an incredibly confusing and hectic ordeal, and by all rights, seeing another one is an incredibly huge thing? I mean, the kid barely understands what the hell a Mewtwo is to begin with, even with his memories from the last time they met intact.

Personally, if I were him, I'd ask who/what she was too, and not say anything else because... hello, these are incredibly tumultuous times?

He's also not really required to comment on the original anymore than he's required to comment on the other legendaries he's run into more than once. Seriously, why should Mewtwo be more special to him than Mew, Celebi, or the legendary beasts?

Quote Originally Posted by Seijiro Mafuné View Post
    I mean, I've been busy laughing about how stupid I find this whole Newtwo business (seriously, wtfrell) and now there's some people saying this is a good movie?
    You need to remember some people aren't effected that much by this whole debacle. I didn't grow up with the old Mewtwo and never really cared for his character, therefore, I really don't care for what's going on. Infact, the main reason I'm looking forward to this movie in the first place is Genesect and Sableye (the second reason is sad I know). But from what I read from sunyshore, I think I'll like this move a lot.

Edit: Oh Ash says "omae wa" to Mewtwo? Then everything gets to stay canon since it isn't clear if Ash knows what a Mewtwo is or not.
    Last edited by diakyu; 14th July 2013 at 4:10 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Who has Colleen Clinkenbeard voiced also? I remember her name in the credits in another animated movie.
    She is very prolific in Funimation's dubs, not only acting but directing too. She played Riza Hawkeye in both versions of Fullmetal Alchemist, in addition to Luffy in Funimation's One Piece dub, Ritsuko Akagi in Rebuild of Evangelion, Scanty in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, and Yuuko in xxxHolic.

Her full resume is way too long to list here.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

After reading the summary, I've decided that I like Douse Genesect. She's surprisingly endearing.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Has anyone else found it interesting that this time around nobody's memory was affected? Our new Mewtwo didn't even have it occur to her to erase anyone's memory....the issue being in my mind that, with the Prequel and the Movie BOTH....a heck of a lot more people know about Mewtwo. Knowledge of the species is out in the wild, so to speak. There's no keeping that secret anymore even if everyone involved in this movie decided not to talk too much, or at all.

Do people honestly believe that Ash purposely pretended not to remember what a Mewtwo is? Really? I don't think Ash's question to the new Mewtwo was ambiguous. I just saw that scene and it really looked like Ash had no idea what kind a Pokemon he had just met. I think it's a reach to say that Ash was merely acting as if he didn't know what Mewtwo was. But I'm done with this movie regardless. I don't want to argue in circles, so I'll just leave it at that and wait for the movie's box office scores.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    Has anyone else found it interesting that this time around nobody's memory was affected? Our new Mewtwo didn't even have it occur to her to erase anyone's memory....the issue being in my mind that, with the Prequel and the Movie BOTH....a heck of a lot more people know about Mewtwo. Knowledge of the species is out in the wild, so to speak. There's no keeping that secret anymore even if everyone involved in this movie decided not to talk too much, or at all.
    Well considering Newtwo shot up into space at high speed without thinking (thus implying it's not that smart, seriously, what was with that?), it wouldn't surprise me. But if Mewtwo's existence was never retconned, I think he would be pissed or at least concerned to know that in other places (where he's probably never been to), there is talk of a strong bipedal feline Pokémon. I can see him berating Newtwo for such a reckless decision if he doesn't react negatively over the revelation--because, uh, there are still evil people in Pokémon who would love to capture such a powerful Pokémon for their own purposes.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Well considering Newtwo shot up into space at high speed without thinking (thus implying it's not that smart, seriously, what was with that?), it wouldn't surprise me. But if Mewtwo's existence was never retconned, I think he would be pissed or at least concerned to know that in other places (where he's probably never been to), there is talk of a strong bipedal feline Pokémon. I can see him berating Newtwo for such a reckless decision if he doesn't react negatively over the revelation--because, uh, there are still evil people in Pokémon who would love to capture such a powerful Pokémon for their own purposes.
    Newtwo is younger, mind you, and she busted out of the lab with, I'd think, far less training than Mewtwo himself had. (For simplicity's sake and genderless arguments aside, I refer to her as she, because old Mewtwo, Newtwo, etc...is driving me nuts.) And far less experience. We don't know exactly how long Mewtwo was with Giovanni, but maybe it helped instill in him that need for secrecy. Giovanni was all about secrecy. (I tend to think this helps explain the vast differences in the way the two use their power and abilities, as well, not including her ability to change formes.)

It is careless to me, but the damage is done. Also, gee, five Genesect attack a massive city. There's no hiding that fact. How then are they going to peacefully build a new home without being bothered by humans (I don't know if Ash approached Pokemon Rangers or something to help ensure that their new habitat is guarded and infiltrating it against the law or something. Not that it'd stop a really determined bad guy but hey...it'd help and remind the Genesect not all humans are rotten jerkasses).

I can even visualizing Ash saying offscreen that it might be best if they didn't talk about the adventure too much around others. Retcon or no retcon. How many secrets has Ash kept over the years? Loads.

It's speculation, of course, but he's had quite a bit of experience with areas of the pokemon world being off-limits.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Edit: Oh Ash says "omae wa" to Mewtwo? Then everything gets to stay canon since it isn't clear if Ash knows what a Mewtwo is or not.
    Not if Rica Matsumoto said in in an interrogative tone.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi View Post
    Not if Rica Matsumoto said in in an interrogative tone.
    From what I gather from sunyshore and other people who have seen the film, she didn't.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

From what I gather from sunyshore and other people who have seen the film, she didn't.
    Who are these other people?

I wished people had a voice/video clip available since I missed Pokemon Smash.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 14th July 2013 at 5:58 AM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoViolet View Post
    Newtwo is younger, mind you, and she busted out of the lab with, I'd think, far less training than Mewtwo himself had. (For simplicity's sake and genderless arguments aside, I refer to her as she, because old Mewtwo, Newtwo, etc...is driving me nuts.) And far less experience. We don't know exactly how long Mewtwo was with Giovanni, but maybe it helped instill in him that need for secrecy. Giovanni was all about secrecy. (I tend to think this helps explain the vast differences in the way the two use their power and abilities, as well, not including her ability to change formes.)
    I know Newtwo is young, but we don't know how young. How long did they experiment on it? How long was it with the Pokémon in the mountains? We don't know, just like we don't know how long Mewtwo was with Giovanni (I estimate at least a month). If Mewtwo was able to build himself a huge castle complete with a basement laboratory with perfect cloning mechanics (which most likely didn't take long, as Ash was still training for the Pokémon League in the movie timeline-wise), then Newtwo should have at least some intelligence by that age. It's basically the same as Mewtwo at this point, so why the hell wouldn't it be smart?

Hell, if I remember correctly, it was said or at least implied Mew is one of the most intelligent Pokémon in the world due to legend on how long it lives--it's believed to live forever. Wouldn't some of that worldly intelligence be implemented in those genes, then, albeit very unlikely even though this is Pokémon so of course it's possible?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Who are these other people?

I wished people had a voice/video clip available since I missed Pokemon Smash.
    Well Sunyshore is Gin who wrote the summary for the main site.

I'm interested in seeing who will voice Mewtwo, Red Genesect, and Douse Genesect in the English dub of the movie. This is kind of wishful thinking on my part and it probably wont happen but I think Tousen's VA might work for Red Genesect.(I know it's silly feel free to disagree )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfeHgU10AYs

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I know Newtwo is young, but we don't know how young. How long did they experiment on it? How long was it with the Pokémon in the mountains? We don't know, just like we don't know how long Mewtwo was with Giovanni (I estimate at least a month). If Mewtwo was able to build himself a huge castle complete with a basement laboratory with perfect cloning mechanics (which most likely didn't take long, as Ash was still training for the Pokémon League in the movie timeline-wise), then Newtwo should have at least some intelligence by that age. It's basically the same as Mewtwo at this point, so why the hell wouldn't it be smart?

Hell, if I remember correctly, it was said or at least implied Mew is one of the most intelligent Pokémon in the world due to legend on how long it lives--it's believed to live forever. Wouldn't some of that worldly intelligence be implemented in those genes, then, albeit very unlikely even though this is Pokémon so of course it's possible?
    These antihistamines I took for my allergy attack are making me tired so I hope I can say this without zoning out before I'm done...

Mewtwo thought to kidnap himself a Nurse Joy to help him out with pokemon physiology; obviously there was enough data left lying around a destroyed lab for him to reconstruct how he was cloned and not only that, perfect the process and translate it to any and all other pokemon whose DNA got processed on the machine.

We don't know how long our new Mewtwo was in the lab after awakening; it seems to me they had some knowledge about how to keep her power under wraps until she finally rebelled from the torture they were inflicting on her. She didn't blast out of the place immediately upon awakening. However, she didn't receive strategic pokemon training at the hands of a gym leader, either, and I have wondered if this is the reason why that, even as she seems to know how to generally control her power and test her limits, she still gets hit a hell of a lot. (Mind you, I'm musing this out as I go...my brain is fogging up here.)

I don't know about you, but if I was a pokemon with that sort of intelligence and with that much power, I don't think I'd stand to suffer for that sort of torture for very long. Then she had to have some idiot with a Tyranitar and two Escavalier chase her down repeatedly; both with type advantages (one with double the advantage) and the only reason she still escapes is she's still just too strong and he underestimated a Mewtwo's power. By a LOT.

And I'm also wondering...laying all issues aside of HOW they got Mewtwo DNA blueprints so they could try again to make another AND assuming for the moment the first Mewtwo is still canon...who had the bright idea in the first place that instead of just chasing down the first one, they'd just make another, their own, and it'd be hunky-dorey this time if they just implemented a few extra "precautions" in place. That just shows sheer stupidity.

Well Sunyshore is Gin who wrote the summary for the main site.
    I see. I'll take his word for it, for now.

Still, I stand by my opinion of this movie disregarding continuity. If the original Mewtwo wasn't retconned, it still heavily contradicts previously established events. And honestly, it's a crime to not include a direct reference to her predecessor in the credits at the very least.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    .UVERworld。

I see. I'll take his word for it, for now.

Still, I stand by my opinion of this movie disregarding continuity. If the original Mewtwo wasn't retconned, it still heavily contradicts previously established events. And honestly, it's a crime to not include a direct reference to her predecessor in the credits at the very least.
    I just hope that isn't what they meant when they said that we "don't know the REAL Mewtwo yet!"

I just took the phrase as us not having yet seen the new Forme at the time. I'd hate to be wrong.

Page 217 of 247 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast