Page 47 of 247 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #1151
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Mewtwo is old Pokemon.

    There is no reason if it appears in the main plot is not publicized in advance. If Mewtwo appears, it will debut next trailer.

    And we did not get any new Pokemon in Arceus movie...... in addition to Arceus and Spiky-eared Pichu.
    Arceus was the new pokemon in that movie.. Zoroark movie was the pre-new-gen-movie.. This is the pre-new-gen-movie of this series, nothing else is possible. Genesect has already been debuted last year, so that's off the court.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    I've seen one theory that "Extremespeed Genesect" itself is the title hinting at a new Pokemon, as in "Extremespeed Genesect: Pokemon X".
    Wait.. What? As in, Genesect's little brother from Gen6? Mindblown.. o.0
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  2. #1152
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    Although I think that new pokemon will appear in the movie (or the short, or the anime itself), I start to doubt that there's a "secret" pokemon to be unveiled in the movie. Why?

    Looking in the past movie thread archives, I'll find that a ??? already appeared around this time already. Until now exist zero merch from Febraury and March who contain a ??? in it. Also, the title doesn't suggest a new pokemon like other movies did, and specially there isn't a Z in it.

    Apparently the secret pokemon to reveal this Febraury are going to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo appears in many merch for March but doesn't get an official announcement yet.

    The other recurring pokemon in merch are Rayquaza. Although has merch from earlier than Mewtwo merchandise release dates. I don't see Rayquaza being the co-star of the movie.

    Although I'm not going to follow the idea of that Mewtwo will appear fighting Genesect. But Mewtwo vs Genesect is a very likely match-up.
    The Mewtwo merchandise appears to be related to the anime, not this movie. As far as I'm aware, we haven't seen any shiny Genesect merchandise, either.

  3. #1153
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Mewtwo is old Pokemon.

    There is no reason if it appears in the main plot is not publicized in advance. If Mewtwo appears, it will debut next trailer.
    Zekrom was an 'old' Pokémon too, yet it was the 'addition' to the original Victini movie title.

    There is simply not enough evidence that Gen 6 is coming in 2013 to conclusively say that a new Pokémon will be in this movie or not. The biggest piece of evidence is that Genesect was revealed in 2012, but because it is apparently in Chapter of N, that along with B2W2 promotion may be why.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  4. #1154
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post

    There is simply not enough evidence that Gen 6 is coming in 2013 to conclusively say that a new Pokémon will be in this movie or not. The biggest piece of evidence is that Genesect was revealed in 2012, but because it is apparently in Chapter of N, that along with B2W2 promotion may be why.
    Back in late 2009 and early 2010 we didn't think Gen V was coming out the next year either. That's why people were speculating a Johto BF arc because we didn't know the new saga was coming so quickly.

    Its obvious now they announce new gens at the last minute. I remember we didn't even know about BW until like May or June of 2010...only 3 months before it came out.

  5. #1155
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Back in late 2009 and early 2010 we didn't think Gen V was coming out the next year either. That's why people were speculating a Johto BF arc because we didn't know the new saga was coming so quickly.

    Its obvious now they announce new gens at the last minute. I remember we didn't even know about BW until like May or June of 2010...only 3 months before it came out.
    It's better off this way the long wait for skyrim almost killed me. I would rather be in limbo than speculate constantly.

  6. #1156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I remember we didn't even know about BW until like May or June of 2010...only 3 months before it came out.
    They were announced at the end of January, and given names in April.

  7. #1157
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    They were announced at the end of January, and given names in April.
    But we didn't know they were coming that September. I remember people speculating a Novembe release at the time.

  8. #1158
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Tork City
    Posts
    7,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Back in late 2009 and early 2010 we didn't think Gen V was coming out the next year either. That's why people were speculating a Johto BF arc because we didn't know the new saga was coming so quickly.
    DP was already the same length roughly as AG at that point. If BW didn't come out in 2010, DP would have been abnormally long.

    (Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

    The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate


    Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

  9. #1159
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    DP was already the same length roughly as AG at that point. If BW didn't come out in 2010, DP would have been abnormally long.
    But if the games get delayed, its not like the anime writers have any choice.

    They could either chose to not make episodes for 6 months, (which is unheard of, since the anime has never taken a break since 1997 for more than 1-2 weeks), or just continue with some type of alternate filler arc.

    Honestly had Tracey not been created, then Ash/Misty/Brock would have gone for 5 years straight with no breaks. So it wouldn't be unheard of for a group to go that long, especially since Tracey only existed out of a misconception for foreign audiences.

  10. #1160
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    I've always thought that if the anime writes had to wait for the new generation to come and if there was a 6 month break that they shouldn't carry on those 6 months with Ash but instead do other characters, kinda like Pokemon Chronicles, a monthly character, 4 episode story arcs about Misty, 4 about Oak/Tracey/Delila, 4 on May, 4 on Brock, 4 on Dawn, 4 on Gary/whoever. Would keep things interesting between those gens.

    I also reckon that the title will become "Extremespeed Genesect And The blah blah blah'" if not then "Extremespeed Genesect VS blah blah blah"
    As for a new 6th gen pokemon, I'm 50-50 on this one, I want there to be one but I don't think there will be.

  11. #1161
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    I've always thought that if the anime writes had to wait for the new generation to come and if there was a 6 month break that they shouldn't carry on those 6 months with Ash but instead do other characters, kinda like Pokemon Chronicles, a monthly character, 4 episode story arcs about Misty, 4 about Oak/Tracey/Delila, 4 on May, 4 on Brock, 4 on Dawn, 4 on Gary/whoever. Would keep things interesting between those gens.

    I also reckon that the title will become "Extremespeed Genesect And The blah blah blah'" if not then "Extremespeed Genesect VS blah blah blah"
    As for a new 6th gen pokemon, I'm 50-50 on this one, I want there to be one but I don't think there will be.
    Moral of the story. Do not get attached to anyone not named Ash, Pikachu, or team Rocket

  12. #1162
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pluto
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Moral of the story. Do not get attached to anyone not named Ash, Pikachu, or team Rocket
    Who would get attached to some cardboard cutouts?

  13. #1163
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Who would get attached to some cardboard cutouts?
    From the stuff I've seen on the internet and not just the pokemon fandom. Too many.

  14. #1164
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Who would get attached to some cardboard cutouts?
    If I may say so...they are representations of certain emotions and beliefs. They are supposed to represent real people, even if in a fictional world. So its fun to become semi-attached to certain characters if you like that type of person.

    Still, sometimes people get a little too attached ._...
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  15. #1165
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Who would get attached to some cardboard cutouts?
    Some people get way too attached to certain characters and claim the show is ruined after they left.

  16. #1166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Some people get way too attached to certain characters and claim the show is ruined after they left.
    I suppose you can give the benefit of the doubt to characters such as Misty and Brock, the latter being more important as he was around for over double the first.

  17. #1167
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,527

    Default

    I'm looking forward to this movie. Mainly because of the shiny Genesect

  18. #1168
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Ive read back through several pages and there hasnt been a clear defined answer so someone help me:

    Is Genesect Evil?

    I dont mean this one, I just mean the species in general. The thing created by TP, does it have evil motives or is it just a twisted lab experiment that still doesnt give two balls about life?




  19. #1169
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    parrish,AL
    Posts
    9,557

    Default

    Well we don't know if it was evil before Plasma got their hands on it though.

    Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

  20. #1170

    Default

    I hope Genesect will be evil, and really, considering the thing is pretty much 95% Plasma's creation, I don't see why not. I hope it will be like "what if Mewtwo was a Dalek?" in so much that he's his own agent and may help Plasma, but is equally likely to blast their guts out.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  21. #1171
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Im going to assume before TP got it it was a fearsome hunter. Thats it.

    It hunted for food and to survive, but thats not evil!




  22. #1172
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Im going to assume before TP got it it was a fearsome hunter. Thats it.

    It hunted for food and to survive, but thats not evil!
    This entirely.

    Plus, Pokemon aren't even supposed to be evil. They're the Pokemon world's equivalent to animals. Animals are not "good" or "evil."
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th December 2012 at 6:50 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  23. #1173

    Default

    Well, the Pokédex entry dates it to around the Permian Extinction, when 95% of all life on Earth died. Add to the fact that then it was feared as the ultimate predator...

    ... yeah, strapping a cannon to it seems like a good way to do the same thing again in the 21st century. Especially if the evil team of the gen rebuilt you.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  24. #1174
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Well, the Pokédex entry dates it to around the Permian Extinction, when 95% of all life on Earth died. Add to the fact that then it was feared as the ultimate predator...

    ... yeah, strapping a cannon to it seems like a good way to do the same thing again in the 21st century. Especially if the evil team of the gen rebuilt you.
    Sorry? What are you trying to say about it?




  25. #1175

    Default

    I'm trying to say that even if it wasn't evil back then (it's brain probably hadn't reached a level where there was such a concept as morality to worry about), that strength and cunning which made it the top mon back in its day would make it pretty dangerous and evil with some handy-dandy Plasma patented brain surgury.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 47 of 247 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •