Page 78 of 247 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Whoaa!! Sweet Mother of God!! Today has come too much info at the same time. I will have to go step by step to make a comment of everything I have seen today from the Pokemon's world.

I know it's not right to brag yourself but... [singing] I told you, I told you! Who's the man now?

I knew from the beginning that this whole thing of Genesect was a clear "invitation" to make Mewtwo return. Since Mewtwo has never appear officially in the regular series, the most probable thing was that he would return in the new movie. And guess what?, I WAS RIGHT!!!

Now, let's check what things has been now revealed and what we could wait to see in the movie:
    + Since Mewtwo is back, is obvious that we will see the debut of his new "signature move": Psytrike. It's a perfect opportunity that they can't let it go.
    + I have a suspiction about another attack Mewtwo could have in the movie. As you remember, one of Mewtwo most used moves back in the first movie and the special was Shadow Ball. Well, I think now Mewtwo will have this move replaced by another one very similar: Aura Sphere. Mewtwo is one of the few Pokemon able to use this move, which means he must have some "link" with the Aura's power. Since we know Ash's also has some minor "Aura's abilities", this could work perfectly as the link between Ash and Mewtwo. Besides, a Fighting move like Aura Sphere will be more effective against a Bug/Steel Pokemon like Genesect than a Ghost type's move like Shadow Ball.
    + There's a lot of comments about the meaning of "the Reawakening of Mewtwo". Well, according to dictionary, aside of emerging or rousing from sleep, "reawake" also means to become or make aware of (something) again. Well, I think it's easy to understand the meaning of "reawakening" here. As you know, Mewtwo was created as the "strongest Pokemon ever" to be Team Rocket's ultimate weapon to conquer the world. (Nowadays, I think Mewtwo could find several Pokemon more powerful than him, like Darkrai). After the last time we saw him and although he erased Team Rocket's memories about him (except the Trio's), Mewtwo has been keeping a "low profile" and his tremendous power "sleeping"; obviously to not call attention from humans while he tries to find a purpose in life. But now, with a new crisis initiated and more "artificial Pokemon" created as weapons to conquer the world (just like him), Mewtwo wil have to "reawake" his power and join forces with Ash to stop the bad guys again. Don't you think this is probably what they wanted to say with "Mewtwo's Reawakening"?

+ There's comments about this Mewtwo not being the same one Ash knows, but that's ridiculous. After the end of the special "Mewtwo Returns", and ever since then, we have seen Mewtwo prowling through a city with sky-scrapers similar to New York; many times also wearing a brown cape-hood to hide himself. Since this movie's action will happen in a city with those characteristics, it's perfectly obvious that it can be the same one where we have seen Mewtwo since then. Besides, I already suspected that Mewtwo would return in Unova after seeing that some of its cities (like Castelia City and Black City) have the same "New York's design" of the city where we have seen Mewtwo moving through since the end of "Mewtwo Returns".
    + One more thing to asure this Mewtwo is the same one Ash knows. As you know, there's suppose to be just one specimen of each Legendary Pokemon's species; although this has been proven to be wrong after so much time. However, Mewtwo's case is different and there's no doubt that there's one, and just one specimen of his species. The reason is because he's a Pokemon created artificially (a clone of Mewtwo) through a secret experiment realized by evil people. Mewtwo destroyed the laboratory where he was created and erased Team Rocket's memories about himself, thus making impossible somebody could create another clone like him. The Mewtwo we saw in the "Mirage Mastermind" special doesn't count, because that was just a "virtual construction" created by a computer; which was possibly forged through date from Pikachu's memories. Even the Mirage Master said it: "This is NOT the same Mewtwo that you are familiar".

+ There's absolutely no reason to say that Ash and Pikachu won't remember Mewtwo, as their memories of him wasn't erased after "Mewtwo Returns" like in the first movie. We saw that in the "Mirage Mastermind" special, even although that Mewtwo wasn't the same one Ash knew. I'm pretty sure both Ash and Mewtwo will be happy to see each other after so much time. However, there's two problems here. First, it's possible that Ash's Charizard won't remember Mewtwo, since he was already in the Charicific Valley when the events of "Mewtwo Returns" happened. Therefore, he couldn't recover his memories like Ash, Pikachu and, possibly, Bulbasaur. And second, the Trio Rocket's memories about Mewtwo wasn't erased either, and in normal circunstances, I wouldn't be worried about it. But now, with their new "more competent villains" personas, I'm worried that this will bring more troubles to Ash and Mewtwo. The only hope is that, when the movie will debut, they will be completely returned to their "old buffoonery selves"; so Mewtwo's existence won't be endangered again because of them.
    + I don't know which will be the role of the Genesects in the movie, but I have a suspiction about what it will happen wit them at the end. They will leave along with Mewtwo, since they are all "Legendary Pokemon created artificially", while they keep trying to find a purpose in their lifes.

Well, what do you think?

I'm pathetic, replying to hours-old posts XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard-Fan View Post
    I wonder if any Genesect can talk. I'd like to see that.
    I've been thinking Red Genesect would be the one to talk. I can see him and Mewtwo getting into some epic conversations during their battle.

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    YEEEEEAAAAAH!!!! Mewtwo is finally returning maybe we will get lucky and he will WIPE ASH FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!
    Yeah, don't count on that :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I hope Mewtwo dies. It's fighting 5 Genesect and it's likely going to be the hero Pokemon, meaning the story begs for it to win. Really though, this would be a good time to end Mewtwo in the anime.
    I wouldn't want Mewtwo to die, personally because then my fan fics will be worthless (though technically he did in the CD Drama for about... fifteen seconds, the computer shot him dead, yeah), but if they are going to kill him off, they better do it in a heroic way and not botch it up. Though if they bring him back form the dead, there had better be a good reason for it and make it justified. Otherwise, there are going to be really pissed-off fans. (Not just me, I know of other Mewtwo fans.)

Unless they somehow make a call-back to the first movie and actually have Ash sacrifice himself again. He hasn't sacrificed himself in a while, hasn't he?

Also, this brings up a question: why are Red Genesect and Mewtwo fighting? There has to be a reason why the two would engage in combat. Is the Red Genesect terrorizing the city, and Mewtwo is somehow the vigilante of that city, and thus goes to stop him, he disturbed the peace... what? We most likely won't know until after the movie comes out, but that's just something to think about.

Maybe not. His wife died in childbirth last year and Dan's not been voice acting since.
    Dan Green's not voice-acting anymore, huh? Hadn't heard of that, then again I did read somewhere that Mewtwo would get a new voice actor, but I wasn't sure if that was for the Japanese voice actor, or the dub. If they do chance his voice actor, they better do a damn good job. Dan Green was a good replacement for Philip Bartlett, so whoever replaces Dan Green has some pretty big shoes to fill.

(Then again, I'm just that picky XP.)

Someone mentioned something about the meaning of the title of "awakening". That made me think that possibly it's the awakening of some new power or something. I can see this happening with Mewtwo, as it's possible he still hasn't discovered himself yet, and thus this would probably be his conclusion to further accepting life.

But as this is coming from the mindset of a fan-girl, it's possibly just a yearning of mine, and chances of that being the case are pretty slim. As long as his character's not botched up, I'll be happy.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I've been thinking Red Genesect would be the one to talk. I can see him and Mewtwo getting into some epic conversations during their battle.
    There's no normal way to have Genesect talking or telepathy, without sounding creepy as hell or weird as hell.

Not saying it won't happen, I just don't want to see it.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    There's no normal way to have Genesect talking or telepathy, without sounding creepy as hell or weird as hell.

Every single Pokemon that stars in a movie always has the innate ability to talk.

This just begs to ask why a Zorua can even do that.

It'd be better than just having Mewtwo translate/repeat back everything Genesect says.

I'm starting to wonder that the only reason why Mewtwo's making a comeback is not because he's the only one who can battle Red Genesect (which would make him stronger than Mew like he wanted, I guess, and possibly even Arceus), but probably because the Red Genesect is angry at the world for his creation and thus Mewtwo can relate and help calm him down. Thus the reason why I want Genesect to talk so that way this confrontation doesn't appear awkward, since we'd only getting the dialogue from one character when it'd be more interesting to have the two of them bounce off each other.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Every single Pokemon that stars in a movie always has the innate ability to talk.

No, I'm saying that because it's Genesect, everything looks fine and then you get to Genesect, which doesn't even look normal to begin with since it is a modified Pokemon, and then it gets weird.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    Wow, two years already?

I hope he's doing okay, I really do.
    Not him too. Man, I still miss Taylor, Stuart, and several others enough from the original 4Kids dub as it is.

Now Dan Green's completely gone from voice acting? I was so happy when he came back in TPCi's dub.

I heard about the unfortunate loss he suffered, and how he's all alone to raise his twins. Poor guy. He even lost his wife in childbirth. Simply tragic.

I actually donated a few dollars to the cause of helping him out, partially because I loved his dub work as Yugi, Yami Yugi, Mewtwo, Trudge, and many others, but mainly because I feel he's a genuine good person and has worked hard to entertain millions of children around the world for the last 12 years.

Who is TPCi going to pick to fill his shoes?

I would think the best VA for the job would be...either...Tom Wayland, J Michael Tatum, or Bill Rogers (you guys know I cannot stand his Brock in the DP arc, but I generally feel he's a very talented VA with a lot of range, much like one of my favorite VAs in the dub, Eric Stuart).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah, me too. Dan Green has always been one of my favorite voice actors particularly for his roles as Mewtwo and Yami Yugi/Yugi.
    He's great, isn't he?

"Shadow creatures, begone!"

"Hell fire's Rage! Exodal Flame!"
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th February 2013 at 2:10 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

No, I'm saying that because it's Genesect, everything looks fine and then you get to Genesect, which doesn't even look normal to begin with since it is a modified Pokemon, and then it gets weird.
    Mewtwo's a modified Pokémon as well, but we've let it pass because he's a Psychic-type. Though Genesect is Bug/Steel, I think the Steel-type comes from the modification Genesect received. They had to modify its body to adjust to the cannon on its back, so I imagine they had to make it powerful as well, and possibly intelligent. I can see it talking in a bit of a robotic tone because of it.

And the weirdness factor would fit because of how odd and unnatural Genesect looks, you know? Like years ago, I was hoping Deoxys would've been able to speak, but it never did (though the one Tori accidentally befriended was able to communicate in some way). If it did, chances were it would've been alien garbling anyway. Now if Genesect does turn out to speak, depending on how old it is, and how advance it is, Genesect may speak, but perhaps not in complete sentences? I could see it being passed off for such a speech impediment.
    I survived Pupa.

Ehh at least yugioh got through with him intact

Who wants to take a stab on length? I say this movie will be 2 hours long in theaters.

They usually don't kill human villains in the movies though and besides Hunter J and Cyrus (who might have died as well) aren't as iconic to the anime as Giovanni.
    Meh, the trio are more so iconic then Giovanni is. He serves the same purpose as the other villian bosses.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Meh, the trio are more so iconic then Giovanni is. He serves the same purpose as the other villian bosses.
    Of course, TRio are more iconic (for the anime anyway) than Giovanni but that doesn't mean Giovanni is more well known than other anime villains because he is. Everyone knows who Giovanni is when it comes to the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Who wants to take a stab on length? I say this movie will be 2 hours long in theaters.
    As it'll be combined with the Pikachu short, it's a possibility. I don't see the actual movie itself being longer than 90 minutes, tops, as most animated movies tend to be. I can see this movie being pretty popular or even successful, though, since Mewtwo is included and he's a popular Legendary.
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah, genesect might be more similar to darkrai, as while it sorta could talk, it never had real "conversations" with anyone (actually did it ever say more than "go away" and "this garden is for everyone"? lol though of course if it could have conversations that would ruin some of that suspense and all).
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ehh at least yugioh got through with him intact

True. I'm glad.

I'll go with 1 hr 45 min. XD.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Celebi...Latias and Latios...Deoxys and Rayquaza...

Of course, TRio are more iconic (for the anime anyway) than Giovanni but that doesn't mean Giovanni is more well known than other anime villains because he is. Everyone knows who Giovanni is when it comes to the anime.
    That;s just cuz he is the first villian head. That doesn't change his role in the anime. The older the character, the more well known they are.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

That;s just cuz he is the first villian head. That doesn't change his role in the anime. The older the character, the more well known they are.
    His role still feels more significant than most of the other villains in the anime which is probably because members of his organization have been seen in every saga.

His role still feels more significant than most of the other villains in the anime which is probably because members of his organization have been seen in every saga.
    The same three members lol.

*coughs* JJM *coughs*

Butch and Cassidy showed up in AG and DP as well.

True. Very true.

Didn't they only show up in chronicals in AG?? Also which episode was Butch and Cassidy in??

Didn't they only show up in chronicals in AG?? Also which episode was Butch and Cassidy in??

"The Scheme Team," "The Ole Berate and Switch" and "Sleight of Sand!" IIRC were the eps in the reg anime.

I mean Team Rocket by far have been the most significant villains in the anime. Yes, TRio were the ones who showed up most often but they are still TR members trying to please Giovanni. Butch and Cassidy as well as Dr.Namba have shown up often. You have Attila and Hun who showed up in the Legend of Thunder special. Professor Sebastian, Tyson, The Iron Masked Marauder, Annie and Oakley (in the dub), Matori, Pierce, Dr.Zager, Domino, the Grunts and Giovanni. TR have a big role in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    "The Scheme Team," "The Ole Berate and Switch" and "Sleight of Sand!" IIRC were the eps in the reg anime.
    Also the special episode "showdown at the oak corral"! That was a pretty good episode. And butch dowses cyndaquil with a fire extinguisher. And many other unique funny things happen in it. This add has been brought to you by Pikafleg lol.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Page 78 of 247 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast