Page 87 of 247 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

And in the very least, have a talking/non talking cameo. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Sorry but i'm going to have to disregard what you're saying here, N most likely will appear one way or another. With Colress's narration it already seems like he's going to appear so i'm sure between Colress and N that N has more priority over Colress.
    That's just prologue material. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    That's just prologue material. Nothing more.
    Agreed, but that doesn't say no appearance at all now does it?

Agreed, but that doesn't say no appearance at all now does it?
    If anything I'd say it means he'll probably appear in the anime episode(s) about Genesect.

A movie appearance besides maybe a flashback is probably a no go, seeing as the movie will be after Episode N is over

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    If anything I'd say it means he'll probably appear in the anime episode(s) about Genesect.

A movie appearance besides maybe a flashback is probably a no go, seeing as the movie will be after Episode N is over
    Genesect's Background revolves around Team Plasma. In the games, it revolves around N too. We've already seen in Episode N Episode 2 that N has found something unusual (Genesect on the monitor), it isn't far to imagine N already knows what Genesect is and that Team Plasma went through with creating it despite him saying no.

All comparisons are drawn from Movie 1 here, but if Genesect's background is shown N is bound to be seen at least somewhere.

Genesect's Background revolves around Team Plasma. In the games, it revolves around N too. We've already seen in Episode N Episode 2 that N has found something unusual (Genesect on the monitor), it isn't far to imagine N already knows what Genesect is and that Team Plasma went through with creating it despite him saying no.
    As Bushido Bob said, they have an opportunity to explain Genesect's connection to Team Plasma in Episode N itself, which will be concluded three months before the movie premiere.

All comparisons are drawn from Movie 1 here, but if Genesect's background is shown N is bound to be seen at least somewhere.
    Giovanni's role in Movie 1 was limited to the prologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kein View Post
    As Bushido Bob said, they have an opportunity to explain Genesect's connection to Team Plasma in Episode N itself, which will be concluded three months before the movie premiere.
    They could have explained Mewtwo's connection to Giovanni in the OS, they didn't and did a prologue in the Movie itself. Even if they do it in the anime, Genesect will probably get a prologue in the Movie aswell.

Giovanni's role in Movie 1 was limited to the prologue.
    I never said the appearance would be large, i'm just saying that it's likely some form of appearance will be made by N.

*glances at Haunter's sig*

So it looks like the setting is definitely Castelia City. Hopefully. I checked the Mewtwo Returns page on Bulbapedia and it says that the city in the movie is based off of New York City but it was explicitly stated as Castelia. I wonder if it's the city that Mewtwo travelled to at the end of Returns. It would at least explain why Mewtwo is there.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    *glances at Haunter's sig*
    Hard not too isn't it haha.

It reminds me that the writers CAN do good things.

So it looks like the setting is definitely Castelia City. Hopefully. I checked the Mewtwo Returns page on Bulbapedia and it says that the city in the movie is based off of New York City but it was explicitly stated as Castelia.
    It's confirmed to be Castelia? I'm unsure i haven't seen anything saying so yet.

Castelia is based off of New York, and this new location is based off New York. It won't surprise me if it's the same place. In fact i'd prefer if it was Castelia.

I wonder if it's the city that Mewtwo travelled to at the end of Returns. It would at least explain why Mewtwo is there.
    Most definetly.

The obviously won't have planned his return back then but it's easy to see that it was designed as New York City hence the "in a city far away" line.

The writers clearly realised during the making of B/W that with the making of Castelia City, Mewtwo could potentially of had a return, luckily they went through with it.

Quote Originally Posted by deoxys4ever View Post
    hopefully it will be genesect vs mewtwo now thats a movie i would see probably a battle between plasma and team rocket too see which legendary is powerfull.

Mewtwo was the first cloned Pokemon which successfully survived after Mew's DNA was replicated and altered. Mewtwo has earned the title of being the "greatest pokemon" as it was mentioned in Movie 1, and the special episode "The Mirage Master." Taking this in to account, and Mewtwo's superior qualities I think it's clear who'd win, Mewtwo by a landslide.
    I'm not trying to demeanour Genesect in anyway, surely he is a powerful Pokemon. However, I just feel Pokemon are overpowering newer Pokemon just to appeal to the children. Mewtwo is also playing a prominent figure in the movie alongside Genesect, but his role is yet to be confirmed.

I'm actually really excited about this movie.. the last few movies in the anime I actually cared about are the Zoroark movie and the Giratina movie besides those ones they were all pretty boring especially the last two. Also, I hope they handle the battle between Mewtwo and Genesect well the last decent battle in any Pokemon movie was Deoxys vs Rayquaza in my opinion.

It's confirmed to be Castelia? I'm unsure i haven't seen anything saying so yet.

Castelia is based off of New York, and this new location is based off New York. It won't surprise me if it's the same place. In fact i'd prefer if it was Castelia.
    The city is known as "Pokemon Hills" or something like that. Castelia is merely based on southern Manhattan, and not the setting of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniyalHaider View Post

Mewtwo was the first cloned Pokemon which successfully survived after Mew's DNA was replicated and altered. Mewtwo has earned the title of being the "greatest pokemon" as it was mentioned in Movie 1, and the special episode "The Mirage Master." Taking this in to account, and Mewtwo's superior qualities I think it's clear who'd win, Mewtwo by a landslide.
    I'm not trying to demeanour Genesect in anyway, surely he is a powerful Pokemon. However, I just feel Pokemon are overpowering newer Pokemon just to appeal to the children. Mewtwo is also playing a prominent figure in the movie alongside Genesect, but his role is yet to be confirmed.
    Mewtwo lost its title a long, long time ago when things became murky with Lugia and Ho-Oh. It's not even going to be close to winning in a landslide against Red Genesect either, as CoroCoro has hyped it up as so powerful only Mewtwo can "stand up to it."

The city is known as "Pokemon Hills" or something like that. Castelia is merely based on southern Manhattan, and not the setting of the movie.
    Ah fair enough.

As for merely being based on southern manhatten... that is essentially in New York so yeah.

Mewtwo lost its title a long, long time ago when things became murky with Lugia and Ho-Oh.
    I can agree to this, although personally i'd like to think it's only weaker than Arceus.

It's not even going to be close to winning in a landslide against Red Genesect either, as CoroCoro has hyped it up as so powerful only Mewtwo can "stand up to it."
    It'll be interesting to see their strengths, but i doubt it'll be noticeable. They'll both be on par just like Rayquaza and Deoxys, or Dialga and Palkia. However, there's a possibilitity at the end that Mewtwo's power will overwhelm Genesect and the good guy wins etc.

Does anyone think there will be a human antagonist in this film or do you think the antagonist will be Genesect for the whole movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Does anyone think there will be a human antagonist in this film or do you think the antagonist will be Genesect for the whole movie?
    Since the Keldeo movie had no evil human villain, I'm guessing there's none of that here either, unless there's a final promotional poster.

The Genesect Rangers seem like they'll be the antagonists. Having a human enemy at this point would just feel tacked on.

Pokemon Hills is only the Central Park-like area in the city. We don't know the name of the actual city yet.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I can see the antagonist being the creator of the Genesect. Yeah, not all Pokémon movies have human antagonists (e.g. Destiny Deoxys), but I can't really see the five Genesect being the only antagonistic force in the movie. So they're just escaped genetic Bug/Steel Pokémon, but then again, we don't know what their motives are. Mewtwo at least had a motive, and was threatening. I can't really see these Genesect being that threatening, even with Red Genesect having Extremespeed.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, as it's on my mind right this moment, I wonder what scenes in the teaser trailer will not appear in the final film. When do they start releasing teaser trailers? Is it due to appear sometime in the next couple of months?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Yeah, not all Pokémon movies have human antagonists (e.g. Pokémon 2000, Destiny Deoxys),
    Pokémon 2000 had Lawrence III. I think the only Pokémon movie not to have human antagonists were Movie 1, Movie 7, Movie 8, Movie 10, and Movie 15.

Pokémon 2000 had Lawrence III. I think the only Pokémon movie not to have human antagonists were Movie 1, Movie 7, Movie 8, Movie 10, and Movie 15.
    Yeah, I caught my mistake there, I kinda forgot about him xP. He inadvertently started the whole shebang after all. Like I found it interesting Molly was the antagonist of the third movie, whether she was aware of it or not, and I think that makes her a rather interesting one-shot character because of such. I was also thinking of the eighth movie, but for whatever reason I was thinking of Kid and how she at first was apparent at capturing Mew when it was more-or-less for study.

But this thread isn't about them.

So, there has to be a reason why the Genesect are attacking this specific place in the movie, whether it's out of revenge, hunting instinct, or just for the evulz. I'm also thinking that if the Genesect didn't escape the lab, they were ordered to attack this place, but for whatever reason is probably up for grabs. Either way, there has to be a driving force for this movie, and it involves the Genesect being the catalyst.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

So, there has to be a reason why the Genesect are attacking this specific place in the movie, whether it's out of revenge, hunting instinct, or just for the evulz. I'm also thinking that if the Genesect didn't escape the lab, they were ordered to attack this place, but for whatever reason is probably up for grabs. Either way, there has to be a driving force for this movie, and it involves the Genesect being the catalyst.
    They saw the city skyline and thought "Ooh, shiny. Let's go there!" I honestly have no real idea why they could be there. It's pretty much confirmed they did escape the lab based on it being in ruins, and Plasma's plot will be long gone by the movie so that's out of the question.

...Maybe they can somehow sense Mewtwo?

Well, the reason why they're in not-New York is obvious. What is the best location for prehistoric monsters to attack? A city.

Maybe it's just the first place they saw after escaping the P2 Lab?

Wel they are attacking New Pokeyork because Ash just happens to be there at the moment so he can put an end of it all. Just imagine if the Geneesects decided to go the other way at the beginning and Ash and co just had a nice and relaxing stint in new pokeyork city...

If the Mewtwo from the movie is the same one from the first movie I want to see the clones here too if not at least get mention...not forgotten or abandoned by Mewtwo!!

If another bland human comes up and acts in a way that screams "I'm only here so Genesect can't be evil", I'd want the animé to die out. I'd want the animé to suffer a HUGE fall on the Sonic '06 scale.

But yeah, I'm sure that Genesect (specifically "Sec") will be the main villain.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 19th February 2013 at 1:57 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 87 of 247 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast