Page 89 of 247 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yeah but normally there is another main human character. The city itself was underwhelming, sure it was pretty, but it felt kind of empty.
    That's right... there normally is some form of side main character. I guess the problem with the Keldeo movie was that all the legends could talk (telepathy)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 20th February 2013 at 6:05 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Do you people think that the writers would introduce Mewtwo's Spoon (from the manga series) in this movie.

The reason i ask this is because Genesect seems to me like an close-combating type of pokemon whose only possible ranged would be Techno Blast, the rest would most likely be physical contact based moves.

On the other hand, if Mewtwo only uses ranged attacks it would look a bit odd. And i don't want that energy sphere tackling move from the 1st movie being used by it again. If the writers, gave it that Spoon, then Mewtwo would atleast look ok when fighting close ranged. Plus it would be quite unique.

So? Mewtwo's always used ranged attacks, never physical ones. Also, people who don't read the manga will never take Mewtwo seriously again.

Also, Genesect has a laser gun on it's back - it's not hard to come up with more than one ranged move.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Also, Genesect has a laser gun on it's back - it's not hard to come up with more than one ranged move.
    magnet bomb would be a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Do you people think that the writers would introduce Mewtwo's Spoon (from the manga series) in this movie.
    I've thought about this as well, but I don't know how well they would incorporate it. It'd be interesting to see aw crap I'm envisioning the fencing scene from Princess Bride, but I think Psystrike will probably be the unique move Mewtwo uses. Unless the Psystrike is the spoon, who knows at this point.

I just want to see how Mewtwo will fight in that cloak :P. Epic cloak swishes everywhere. Oh, damn it, now I'm envisioning light sabers.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

As someone who hasn't read the manga, here's my general response.

*Guffaws*

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    As someone who hasn't read the manga, here's my general response.

*Guffaws*
    As someone who does read the manga, that's my response also. :P

In other news, Mewtwo can learn the elemental punches if you want him to have some physical moves. No need for ridiculous giant cutlery.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

So? Mewtwo's always used ranged attacks, never physical ones.
    80% of Mewtwo vs Mew was close ranged fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    80% of Mewtwo vs Mew was close ranged fighting.

If you didn't exactly touch the opponent, even with the smallest milimeter, that counts as a ranged attack.

The reason i ask this is because Genesect seems to me like an close-combating type of pokemon whose only possible ranged would be Techno Blast, the rest would most likely be physical contact based moves.

On the other hand, if Mewtwo only uses ranged attacks it would look a bit odd. And i don't want that energy sphere tackling move from the 1st movie being used by it again. If the writers, gave it that Spoon, then Mewtwo would atleast look ok when fighting close ranged. Plus it would be quite unique.
    O_O.....Mewtwo just got a little less epic for me lol....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If you didn't exactly touch the opponent, even with the smallest milimeter, that counts as a ranged attack.
    Wrong.

You're talking about physical attacks and special attacks. Close range and ranged attacks are exactly what they say, close up, or far away. In the battle against Mew vs Mewtwo, they were constantly clashing head on in close range action.

Unfortunately, you're still wrong about the physical and special attacks too.

Cubone/Marowak use the attacks Bone Club, Bonemerang and Bone Rush. These are all physical attacks and it's their objects that touch the opponent, not themselves.

Lucario uses Bone Rush aswell and as seen in the anime it's a bone staff that forms from aura, this is a physical attack and isn't even an actual real bone that is used to attack the opponent, pure aura energy.
    Last edited by Haunter ゴースト; 20th February 2013 at 5:53 PM.

Anyone think Mewtwo should have Aura Sphere?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    No ....

Shadow Ball is enough <3!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

When do you guys think will be getting trailers for this film? I can't wait for the trailers of this thing.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I think that would be a great move for Mewtwo. It would fit Mewtwo well and at least it would do normal damage against Genesect.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    When do you guys think will be getting trailers for this film? I can't wait for the trailers of this thing.
    We got one at the start, and just got another.

If you mean a trailer featuring Mewtwo, probably around the beginning of March.

Are we SURE it is the same Mewtwo?

a spoon created by psychic energies, mewtwo spoon would be a great new move for a physical attack
    ๑๑ ๑๑-• ๑๑-• ๑๑-Ż\(°_o)/Ż- E!!!!!

^ Forgetting how many will see Mewtwo swinging around a giant piece of cutlery as being bloody stupid
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

^ Forgetting how many will see Mewtwo swinging around a giant piece of cutlery as being bloody stupid
    It's just as bad as Splash even existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Complexity View Post
    Are we SURE it is the same Mewtwo?
    What other Mewtwo could there be? Mirage Mewtwo died in the same special it appeared

what about Lucario Bone rush?
    same thing?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...9#In_the_anime
    ๑๑ ๑๑-• ๑๑-• ๑๑-Ż\(°_o)/Ż- E!!!!!

Genesect needs a giant fork then.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Genesect needs a giant fork then.
    LOL.

But I can't believe there's going to be a Mewtwo in this movie! Does anyone think we'll be seeing any other Gen VI Pokemon in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by moa View Post
    what about Lucario Bone rush?
    same thing?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...9#In_the_anime
    Swinging around giant bones is less ridiculous than swinging around giant versions of what you eat soup with.

Page 89 of 247 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast