Page 63 of 247 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I barely understand a word you just said, but I'll assume it makes some kind of sense.

Okay, so if I'm getting this right, you mean that because of the massive emphasis on Genesect there is little chance of some unrelated Gen 6 Pokemon being shoved in as a costar?

If that's the case, then eh... The central plot of Zoroark's movie, which largely revolved around Celebi, could have done without it too but that still didn't stop a Gen V Pokemon from being a major character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    I barely understand a word you just said, but I'll assume it makes some kind of sense.

Okay, so if I'm getting this right, you mean that because of the massive emphasis on Genesect there is little chance of some unrelated Gen 6 Pokemon being shoved in as a costar?

If that's the case, then eh... The central plot of Zoroark's movie, which largely revolved around Celebi, could have done without it too but that still didn't stop a Gen V Pokemon from being a major character.
    But the trailer for the movie, even though it had Celebi and the Johto Beasts, doesn't change the fact that there was an obvious something still to be revealed.

I don't get that feeling at all with the Genesect Trailer, it looks way too open and not mysterious, outside of Shiny Genesect, which doesn't look at all too suspicious.

I just don't see any costar happening with the way the trailer is played that would make sense.

Zoroark and Zorua make sense when you consider the context within the movie. But in the trailer, as teaser trailer it might be, I can't see any reason why a Pokémon unrelated to Genesect even with potential in-context storylines why it would get involved.

And said 6th gen Pokémon getting involved, just because Genesect "attacks" it in some way would be ridiculous, but I guess I can see it happening.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    But the trailer for the movie, even though it had Celebi and the Johto Beasts, doesn't change the fact that there was an obvious something still to be revealed.

I don't get that feeling at all with the Genesect Trailer, it looks way too open and not mysterious, outside of Shiny Genesect, which doesn't look at all too suspicious.

I just don't see any costar happening with the way the trailer is played that would make sense.

Zoroark and Zorua make sense when you consider the context within the movie. But in the trailer, as teaser trailer it might be, I can't see any reason why a Pokémon unrelated to Genesect even with potential in-context storylines why it would get involved.

And said 6th gen Pokémon getting involved, just because Genesect "attacks" it in some way would be ridiculous, but I guess I can see it happening.
    Well there's still one imported thing will don't know about this Genesect pack what are they doing in the city? We know that Genesect is a hunter so does that mean that the pack on the hunt for something and what our they hunting for. Which makes me think that whatever 6th gen Pokemon that's in the movie will play the role of the hunted by Genesect.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

So Genesect is likely going to be overshadowed in his only chance to be important in the anime.

I'm not even surprised, after how poorly this generation has been treated.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Well there's still one imported thing will don't know about this Genesect pack what are they doing in the city? We know that Genesect is a hunter so does that mean that the pack on the hunt for something and what our they hunting for. Which makes me think that whatever 6th gen Pokemon that's in the movie will play the role of the hunted by Genesect.
    I don't see Genesect going after any random Pokémon, unless it was a very elusive prey. In which case it would only work if said Pokémon was related to Genesect somehow. Which is the exception I spoke about in my posts.

I'm talking about a random Lucario/Zorua/Zoroark being put in the movie as a costar for the sake of just being in the movie as a representative of 6th gen. At least Lucario, Zorua/Zorark make sense.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So Genesect is likely going to be overshadowed in his only chance to be important in the anime.

I'm not even surprised, after how poorly this generation has been treated.
    Yes and no.

Normal Genesect is getting overshadowed; Red Genesect isn't. Whatever Gen 6 Pokemon gets introduced will probably become Red Genesect's rival as it attempts to fight its modified counterpart to become the alpha boss of the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't see Genesect going after any random Pokémon, unless it was a very elusive prey. In which case it would only work if said Pokémon was related to Genesect somehow. Which is the exception I spoke about in my posts.

I'm talking about a random Lucario/Zorua/Zoroark being put in the movie as a costar for the sake of just being in the movie as a representative of 6th gen. At least Lucario, Zorua/Zorark make sense.
    Assuming its not random and the 6th gen Pokemon is being hunted by TP while the the Genesect pack are TP's hunting dogs for it. Most likely reason why the 6th gen Pokemon has some ability not fonud in any past gen Pokemon like how Zoura and Zorark have their illusion powers.
    White FC: 1334 7028 3541
    Black2 FC: 1249 6749 9360
    3DS FC: 1719 4581 9302

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Assuming its not random and the 6th gen Pokemon is being hunted by TP while the the Genesect pack are TP's hunting dogs for it. Most likely reason why the 6th gen Pokemon has some ability not fonud in any past gen Pokemon like how Zoura and Zorark have their illusion powers.
    I've no idea where you're getting the idea that the Genesect pack are TP's hunting dogs. The P2 Lab is in complete ruins, indicating they went rogue and ran away just like Mewtwo did.

The 6th generation Pokemon will be the original Genesect, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    That's what I'm expecting as well.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

The main movie star/costar is usually revealed in February, so they're right on schedule.

Well let's not get too down yet, we don't know who the Pokemon is or what they'll be doing. If it's a Gen 6 Pokemon it doesn't necessarily mean it'll take away from Genesect. It could have a role similar to Munchlax in the Deoxys movie; it wasn't a main role, but was notable for being the first appearance of any Gen 4 Pokemon.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    that's what I'm hoping for as well. Ideally it wouldn't be a legendary, just a fossil. the 6th gen equilalent of Carracosta/Armaldo/etc

Eh, a pre-Plasma Genesect would seem a bit too much like Scizor in my opinion..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

When I look at all of this it still gives me hope:

Mewtwo merchandise and hints. Mewtwo merchandise and hints everywhere.

Yeah thats why I still have hope, somehow out of all those promoted Pokemon Mewtwo is the only one not confirmed for anything, then why are they promoting him with the anime pokemon instead of with all the other legendaries(since they are doing those promotion also).

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Yeah thats why I still have hope, somehow out of all those promoted Pokemon Mewtwo is the only one not confirmed for anything, then why are they promoting him with the anime pokemon instead of with all the other legendaries(since they are doing those promotion also).
    I know, it is unusual. I would say it's just random merchandise but the fact that it seems to be alongside Genesect and Charizard the most gives the impression.

Only time will tell (hopefully next month), but i've built up a lot of hype for this happening so if it doesn't... well i'm screwed haha.

I know that it's not really likely but I kind of want to see the starters appear in this movie under the ownership of some movie trainer and battle Ash, Cilan, and Iris.
    Pikachu vs Fennekin
    Pansage vs Chespin
    Axew vs Froakie
    If they don't appear I guess an prehistoric Genesect or some Zorcario Pokemon would be cool too.
    Last edited by JD; 21st January 2013 at 3:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post

Yeah, I'm telling you, Mewtwo is going to return for "Episode N", either in the anime or the movie; or maybe even both. There's enough reasons:
    + Unova has some places similar to the cities where we have seen Mewtwo sneaking through the shadows since his last appearance in "Mewtwo Returns". At the epilogue of "Mewtwo Returns", at the intro of "Pokemon 6 the movie" with Jirachi and at the opening "Symphonic Medley"; these are the places where you can see Mewtwo (sometimes wearing a cape) marauding through a city similar to Black City or Castelia.
    + In Generation V, we have a new move called Psystrike, which is Mewtwo's trademark after all these years. Therefore, if they want to make this move to debut in the Anime, they will have to bring Mewtwo back.
    + Like I said before, Genesect if the second "Legendary Pokemon" created by evil humans as the "ultimate weapon". Being Mewtwo the first, I think this affects him personally.

Don't you think it's obvious?

Only the third one is relevant to the movie and it is obviously a Gen 6 Pokemon being obscured.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    Yeah, I'm telling you, Mewtwo is going to return for "Episode N", either in the anime or the movie; or maybe even both. There's enough reasons:
    + Unova has some places similar to the cities where we have seen Mewtwo sneaking through the shadows since his last appearance in "Mewtwo Returns". At the epilogue of "Mewtwo Returns", at the intro of "Pokemon 6 the movie" with Jirachi and at the opening "Symphonic Medley"; these are the places where you can see Mewtwo (sometimes wearing a cape) marauding through a city similar to Black City or Castelia.
    + In Generation V, we have a new move called Psystrike, which is Mewtwo's trademark after all these years. Therefore, if they want to make this move to debut in the Anime, they will have to bring Mewtwo back.
    + Like I said before, Genesect if the second "Legendary Pokemon" created by evil humans as the "ultimate weapon". Being Mewtwo the first, I think this affects him personally.

Don't you think it's obvious?
    When it comes to the movie I don't think so, because Mewtwo should have already been revealed. Kyurem and the musketeers were known by this point. Victini was known by this point. Celebi and the Beasts were known by this point. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were known by this point. Giratina and Regigigas were known by this point. Dialga and Palkia were known by this point. Etc, etc. Mewtwo isn't important enough to warrant a reveal alongside a special new Pokemon unrelated to it, so that's not happening. Stop setting yourself up for disappointment... This is the same kind of thinking that led to the Hoennbabies who were pining for remakes getting slapped by XY instead.

Honestly I don't understand why people want Mewtwo to be in this so badly. Its story was wrapped up eons ago, and it has long since stopped being relevant in any meaningful way. Genesect was designed to replace it, not costar alongside it. Is raw nostalgia what fuels such thoughts?

Why does the movie have the name Extreme Speed in it? Apparently the move was never shown in the anime. :/
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Why does the movie have the name Extreme Speed in it? Apparently the move was never shown in the anime. :/
    Actually, it was, but mostly through Arcanine with an addition of May's Munchlax.

Ok the Mewtwo with the BW logo appears to confirm some type of role in best wishes anime, idk what that says about the movie though.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Obviously, guys, the shadowed Pokemon will be a new Mewtwo form from Gen 6.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I would not consider the D Arts a hint for Mewtwo at all. Of course they would release the 4 most popular Pokemon from RGBY(Not counting Pikachu)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 63 of 247 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast