Page 100 of 247 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

  1. #2476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    Yep, not too positive. Only about 10 minutes left before the show ends. Though if it's anything like Smash, (and I dare say it's not only like it but EVEN MORE insane) then if they have a trailer they'll wait until the very last minute to show it.
    Hopefully that's the case, although judging previously they never normally do that.

  2. #2477

    Default

    Annnnnd, I think it's over. No trailer. Better luck tomorrow, though my gut is telling me we won't see anything until the 6th or 7th.

  3. #2478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    Annnnnd, I think it's over. No trailer. Better luck tomorrow, though my gut is telling me we won't see anything until the 6th or 7th.
    Next bet is the 6th if you ask me.

    Movie 12's website was updated on the 6th of March one year.

  4. #2479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Next bet is the 6th if you ask me.

    Movie 12's website was updated on the 6th of March one year.
    In addition to that, I was also thinking about the fact that it will be a Wednesday which is when Oha Suta seems to generally favor showing trailers.

  5. #2480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    In addition to that, I was also thinking about the fact that it will be a Wednesday which is when Oha Suta seems to generally favor showing trailers.
    Well, let's hope that's true.

    If it's any later i'll be quite annoyed really since the anticipation is torture checking back everyday.

  6. #2481
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Well, that's a letdown. /: I mean, I know we'll get it eventually, but...


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  7. #2482
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nuvema town, Unova
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I'm so excited to see mewtwo again, i know i keep saying that but hey, it's true!
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

  8. #2483
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Wherever I want to be!!
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Woods View Post
    I'm so excited to see mewtwo again, i know i keep saying that but hey, it's true!
    I feel you, I'm the same way, Mewtwo has the deepest story in Pokemon and I relate with him a lot what with him feeling like an outcast and trying to find his place in the world.

  9. #2484
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    Shouldn't the trailer be revealed next week instead of this week? CoroCoro comes out next week so it would make sense for te trailer to be shown then and not now.

  10. #2485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Shouldn't the trailer be revealed next week instead of this week? CoroCoro comes out next week so it would make sense for te trailer to be shown then and not now.
    As noted by the past four movies (as the least i could find, 15, 14, 13 + 12) the latest they have ever been revealed is March 6th. On top of that, Pokemon Smash's next episode focuses on the "latest Pokemon Movie news", so i can almost guarantee this week is the candidate for a new trailer.

  11. #2486

    Default

    It's the 6th and the site hasn't been updated...

    I'm not looking forward to watching Oha Suta again.

  12. #2487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mewtwo1414141414 View Post
    I feel you, I'm the same way, Mewtwo has the deepest story in Pokemon and I relate with him a lot what with him feeling like an outcast and trying to find his place in the world.
    I fear that the bad writing of today really puts a dent to his overall good role as a character.

  13. #2488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Bob View Post
    It's the 6th and the site hasn't been updated...

    I'm not looking forward to watching Oha Suta again.
    Movie 13 and 15 were announced on a Wednesday night 10pm GMT time, meaning that it is still possible (it's only 5pm at the moment).

    I'm not gonna act like it's happening, but i'm saying that we still have some things to base our hopes on.

  14. #2489
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I fear that the bad writing of today really puts a dent to his overall good role as a character.
    We don't know if it has, yet. While we can assume that the writing can hurt Mewtwo in this movie, keep this in mind: the anime has always had bad writing. Always. It's been particularly bad these days because we are older than the demographic audience who has been with Ash from the beginning, and thus can see it very easily (or the writers are really just that bad at it, who knows). I don't know if we know who the writer for this movie is, whether it's pretty much the same writing team, or if every movie gets a different director/writer. Something tells me that because Mewtwo is an important character and has had a lot of character development, some of the best in the series, they took extra care with him, because the fans are... kinda rabid about it. (Not going to lie here, I will be very angry if his character gets messed up.)

    Honestly, part of what made Mewtwo so appealing to me is because of just how much the emotional turmoil he's gone through shows. He's very good at holding it back visually, but through his actions and words (unless I'm looking into this too deep), you can just sense exactly what he's going through. We've seen a good deal of emotions from him that have affected the mood of scenes, so if they keep them in check throughout the movie, especially when it comes to Mewtwo (and that he continues to look cool), I will be a happy camper.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  15. #2490
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,507

    Default

    Watch as they downgrade mewtwo like they did Ash,pikachu,dawn,and charizard.

  16. #2491

    Default

    I'm excited for Mewtwo, but I'm worried that they brought him back for this reason:

    Japan, 2012:

    Writer 1: Oh no, we've run out of ideas for Best Wishes! What can we do?

    Writer 2: I know! Let's pull some cash from those dopey Genwunners! Let's put Satoshi's Lizardon in there and have Mewtwo in the new movie!

    Writer 1: OK, now Mewtwo's been well written, so we better be very careful to make this movie the best one ever.

    Writer 2: Nah, you can relax, do whatever. Have him forget his lesson at the end of M01 or something. Those idiots will gladly separate themselves from their cash based soley on Mewtwo's appearance!
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  17. #2492
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    They probably have this idea just like us back when BW started, its the obvious thing to do.

    Old pokemon of Satoshi come back in filler sagas, dragons were promoted last year, Charizard is popular, Charizard came back.

    Writer 3(Spin Attaxx): I want Gensect to be evil, and it would be nice if it would be evil because if its evil it would be cool and to be well written he has to be evil, what it makes sense that a tortured pokemon can be redeemed? pfft you idiots he has to be evil or the movie is crap, evil is good writing, evil.

    So were you or were you not thinking Mewtwo would come back(you said you weren't but then he was confirmed and you said you were) if you believe that, why can you said this was a desperate thing they did when its the obvious storyline that can be pretty damn good and not an asspull desperate thing.

  18. #2493

    Default

    Right. So because I want Genesect to be evil automatically means that I'm the bad guy and a heartless monster who thinks that being evil is all there is to good writing, and should therefore be chased off the forum for having opinions.

    Even I felt that Mewtwo in the dub of M01 was a bit two dimensional.

    And I thought Mewtwo would be in the film before I joined Serebii (in fact, I thought about it while M15 was still on the horizon). Then I got discouraged because I read posts talking about how unlikely it was because Mewtwo isn't very relevant to the series anymore. Then it turns out he is in the film. It's almost like I can change my mind or something.

    And it's not just me on here who thinks that Charizard and Mewtwo is a bit of a sign of milking money out of old fans.
    Last edited by Spin Attaxx; 6th March 2013 at 7:08 PM.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  19. #2494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I'm excited for Mewtwo, but I'm worried that they brought him back for this reason:

    Japan, 2012:

    Writer 1: Oh no, we've run out of ideas for Best Wishes! What can we do?

    Writer 2: I know! Let's pull some cash from those dopey Genwunners! Let's put Satoshi's Lizardon in there and have Mewtwo in the new movie!

    Writer 1: OK, now Mewtwo's been well written, so we better be very careful to make this movie the best one ever.

    Writer 2: Nah, you can relax, do whatever. Have him forget his lesson at the end of M01 or something. Those idiots will gladly separate themselves from their cash based soley on Mewtwo's appearance!
    Generation 5, Pokemon Black and White was released in 2010, and both games were in development prior for much longer, presumably at least 2/3 years. Thry introduced Mewtwo's Signature Attack Psystrike and they introduced Genesect, with a very similar background and story to Mewtwo.

    September 2010, Best Wishes Anime begins and we know with suttle hints in the first 10 episodes that Giovanni is going to return for a rivalry against the team that created Genesect in the games.

    That alone should be enough for you to realize that Mewtwo's return was planned a very long time ago, however if you disagree i'm more than willing to give you every reason on why Mewtwo is returning, and how it's been hinted for the past 3 years.

    Also, for mentioning Charizard returning, PepsiPlunge covered it, we always have Pokemon returning each saga.

  20. #2495

    Default

    Again, I thought BACK THEN that Mewtwo might come back, THEN I got discouraged, THEN it turned out I was right first time.

    Also, I'm taking that thing I said approximately one hour ago back now.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  21. #2496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Again, I thought BACK THEN that Mewtwo might come back, THEN I got discouraged, THEN it turned out I was right first time.

    Also, I'm taking that thing I said approximately one hour ago back now.
    Well, at least you're honest about it.

    ----

    Roughly 3 hours until we have a possible trailer, hmm.

  22. #2497
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Right. So because I want Genesect to be evil automatically means that I'm the bad guy and a heartless monster who thinks that being evil is all there is to good writing, and should therefore be chased off the forum for having opinions.

    Even I felt that Mewtwo in the dub of M01 was a bit two dimensional.
    I want Genesect to be a good villain as well, so I'll easily be with you there.

    And at least being two-dimensional is better than being one-dimensional. *shrugs* But yeah, it's because of stupid political-correctness and other crap that would make even Disney raise an eyebrow that the dub came out the way it did.

    And it's not just me on here who thinks that Charizard and Mewtwo is a bit of a sign of milking money out of old fans.
    Yeah, I can see that being the case. I'm pretty sure that if they hadn't thought of Mewtwo from the start, they saw all of the fan-art and decided, "Welp, might as well give the fans what they want!" Which is a silly thought, everyone knows writers don't give fans what they want because writers are trolls.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

  23. #2498
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nuvema town, Unova
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Right. So because I want Genesect to be evil automatically means that I'm the bad guy and a heartless monster who thinks that being evil is all there is to good writing, and should therefore be chased off the forum for having opinions.

    Even I felt that Mewtwo in the dub of M01 was a bit two dimensional.

    And I thought Mewtwo would be in the film before I joined Serebii (in fact, I thought about it while M15 was still on the horizon). Then I got discouraged because I read posts talking about how unlikely it was because Mewtwo isn't very relevant to the series anymore. Then it turns out he is in the film. It's almost like I can change my mind or something.

    And it's not just me on here who thinks that Charizard and Mewtwo is a bit of a sign of milking money out of old fans.

    Am i the only one who hopes that the genesects or at least one of them will act like a dalek? i think it'd be cool, even if they were to just talk like one. and yes, i hope the red leader is the talker. curse to all who say that legendary pokemon shouldn't talk at all.
    Genesect, deoxys, mew, elgyem, beheeyem, i will find yall and you will all be my friends.

  24. #2499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Yeah, I can see that being the case. I'm pretty sure that if they hadn't thought of Mewtwo from the start, they saw all of the fan-art and decided, "Welp, might as well give the fans what they want!" Which is a silly thought, everyone knows writers don't give fans what they want because writers are trolls.
    In Spin Attaxx's last post hes said he takes back saying that, which is the sensible thing to do since it's obvious the writers planned this long ago without any encouragement from the fans.

  25. #2500
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Right. So because I want Genesect to be evil automatically means that I'm the bad guy and a heartless monster who thinks that being evil is all there is to good writing, and should therefore be chased off the forum for having opinions.

    Even I felt that Mewtwo in the dub of M01 was a bit two dimensional.

    And I thought Mewtwo would be in the film before I joined Serebii (in fact, I thought about it while M15 was still on the horizon). Then I got discouraged because I read posts talking about how unlikely it was because Mewtwo isn't very relevant to the series anymore. Then it turns out he is in the film. It's almost like I can change my mind or something.

    And it's not just me on here who thinks that Charizard and Mewtwo is a bit of a sign of milking money out of old fans.
    No I'm saying you are the guy saying for months that if Genesect isn't somehow evil the movie is going to suck and nothing else almost, I'm not implying anything about your character don't worry.

    I'm saying if you believe that the story makes sense why would you say they are milking it for the sake of milking it? it makes sense they should do it, weather its popular or not.

    I already explained you why Charizad is back and Mewtwo is back because he fits the plot, they didn't bring him back before just because he was popular they brought him back now because it makes sense.

Page 100 of 247 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •