Page 106 of 247 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

I think a flashback of Movie 1 OR Mewtwo Returns is guaranteed for this movie now. Cilan was shocked when he realised Ash knew who the Pokemon was, so some explanation will hopefully be made in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Mewtwo new move, God Killer - ???? type, 150 power takes one turn to charge if used on Arceus one shots it.
    Arceus's new plate Fireman Plate. BW12 confirmed.

Maybe it is gonna show Psystrike?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It doesn't really give off that sense of danger mewtwo from M1 did. Even worse was pikachu being equal to a lesser genesect.
    Mewtwo has no reason to come off as dangerous as he did in m1. There he was the bad guy, here is the good guy.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Dark storm clouds....lightning...rain..and a bigger mewtwo.
    It´s Mewtwo, not The Undertaker (-_-).

Anyway, looking at the previews, this might be the first movie I´ll watch since ... the Manaphy movie, and then I watched the Zekrom (or Reshiram, I can´t remember) one, actually I watched the 1st., 2nd. 3rd., 4th., 8th., 9th. and the Zekrom/Reshiram one, I don´t know if Mewtwo Returns counts as a movie but ... well, these trailers actually look really cool with all the urban theme and Genesects on the rampage, looks interesting.

It doesn't really give off that sense of danger mewtwo from M1 did. Even worse was pikachu being equal to a lesser genesect.
    Mewtwo is good now, did you miss the ending of M1 and Mewtwo Returns?

Besides, the Genesect did seem very threatening. If it wasn't for Mewtwo Ash, Iris and Cilan would have been dead.

Still not impressed by this movie. It's like they took the first movie and just added some more characters. I especially don't like the setting; like really, New Tork City? The whole place gives me LaRousse City teas. Anyway, I have no idea if it's confirmed that this Mewtwo is the same one as before, but it doesn't really matter to me. I just don't like this sudden surge of Kanto Pokemon in a saga that's still primarily about Unova Pokemon. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Still not impressed by this movie. It's like they took the first movie and just added some more characters. I especially don't like the setting; like really, New Tork City? The whole place gives me LaRousse City teas. Anyway, I have no idea if it's confirmed that this Mewtwo is the same one as before, but it doesn't really matter to me. I just don't like this sudden surge of Kanto Pokemon in a saga that's still primarily about Unova Pokemon. :x
    Houndour, Beautifly and Feraligatr aren't enough?

I'd still like to see Mewtwo temporarily die while protecting the city or Ash and co from 1 of the Genesects attacks.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

You really can't fault them for just recently bringing in a ton of old pokemon, especially kanto. It has to at least be loosely be based off the games, and bw2 obviously has a ton of previous gen stuff, with bw having none.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

They should've gone with New Pork City instead to cement the relation between Gen V and Mother 3.

Still not impressed by this movie.
    Without being offensive or sarcastic, i knew you was going to say something along these lines.

Anyway, I have no idea if it's confirmed that this Mewtwo is the same one as before, but it doesn't really matter to me.
    It is, Ash recognized it.

I just don't like this sudden surge of Kanto Pokemon in a saga that's still primarily about Unova Pokemon. :x
    I agree, but you can't really pick fault at this Movie alone. Ever since BW2 we've had nothing but older generation Pokemon with no explanation (since the gang left Eastern Unova before the League).

It's annoying, but yeah Movie 16 isn't really the one to be at fault here, it's the saga in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    It´s Mewtwo, not The Undertaker (-_-).

Anyway, looking at the previews, this might be the first movie I´ll watch since ... the Manaphy movie, and then I watched the Zekrom (or Reshiram, I can´t remember) one, actually I watched the 1st., 2nd. 3rd., 4th., 8th., 9th. and the Zekrom/Reshiram one, I don´t know if Mewtwo Returns counts as a movie but ... well, these trailers actually look really cool with all the urban theme and Genesects on the rampage, looks interesting.
    I haven't watched a Pokemon movie since the Arceus movie. I might watch this one though.

Is it just me or does Mewtwo really looks different. Its nose almost looks like a snout when compared to older design.

I guess that is what you get when you don't follow a movie thread.

Ops!! I think I miss Houndour & Bellossom (Of course Sableye in the poster) Still don't see Feraligatr, Beautifly!!

Anyway I'm worry Mewtwo will get beat to a pulp by Genesect, his outnumber and Genesect type don't help much...Bug is super effective to psychic types and steel type also make them resist psychic attack....Mewtwo needs something could that last sentence hint something? Also can the title of the movie be modified again?

I wonder what role will have Sableye on this movie. It's says here that it's a Pokémon that befriended with Ash. New evolution for the next generation here ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Without being offensive or sarcastic, i knew you was going to say something along these lines.
    Can you really blame me though? I mean the setting and plot look so familiar that I can't be bothered to get excited about it. Also, since I was never a fan of the first movie to begin with, maybe I'm not getting the hype about Mewtwo. That and Genesect is my least favorite Unova Legendary; even the Shiny one doesn't help me see the species differently. So with two main Pokemon that I don't care for, it's hard to get passionate about this film. It does look better than the last two movies though. I'll give it that.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I wonder what role will have Sableye on this movie. It's says here that it's a Pokémon that befriended with Ash. New evolution for the next generation here ?
    I was thinking that it might have a connection to mewtwo. Or he might have something to do with that important building. And ciccone, are you seeing something in the plot and setting that I'm not? I do not see the similarities.
    Last edited by diakyu; 7th March 2013 at 1:11 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post

Anyway I'm worry Mewtwo will get beat to a pulp by Genesect, his outnumber and Genesect type don't help much...Bug is super effective to psychic types and steel type also make them resist psychic attack....Mewtwo needs something could that last sentence hint something? Also can the title of the movie be modified again?
    Mewtwo appears to be on the defense. If he doesn't attack them head-on, he may have the advantage. And since it's strongly hinted that Mewtwo is the only one fast enough to go up against the Red Genesect, he and it are just about evenly matched in that department. So we'll see what happens. Looks like they might be flying around a lot in this movie.

If by "modified", you mean the dub's title? Eh... I don't know. I think TPCi has kept the movie titles the same, so I don't think the name of the movie will be changed anytime soon.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Serebii main page: In it, Mewtwo has an extistential crisis thinking "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me"

Yes! I love Mewtwo's existencial crisis. That's what make Movie 1 the best movie and Mewtwo's character the deepest character. So I guess Mewtwo will try to kill the Genesects and commit suicide? XD Nah, but I'm really interested about what's going to happen and what does the "real Mewtwo" thing means.
    Not pressed by Charizard not showing up in the trailer, since the only main cast pokemon that appeared was Pikachu.

Surely, this will end with something like, "We were not meant to exist, but still, we are Pokemon/people all the same."

Can you really blame me though?
    Nah, I've learnt to understand you're view and opinions on the anime.

I've gotten used to them Ciccone, just felt I should point out what I predicted

I mean the setting and plot look so familiar that I can't be bothered to get excited about it.
    I definetly have to disagree with this, if anything this location is one of the most unique we've had so far. It's a nest, within a spiral dome, within a city. I'm not a huge fan of it, i'd much prefer simply the city as the location, who knows maybe it will yet.

Also, since I was never a fan of the first movie to begin with, maybe I'm not getting the hype about Mewtwo. That and Genesect is my least favorite Unova Legendary; even the Shiny one doesn't help me see the species differently. So with two main Pokemon that I don't care for, it's hard to get passionate about this film.
    I can't disagree here, completely down to opinion and I respect that.

(Crazy since they're two of my favourite legendaries to exist, but acceptable...)

It does look better than the last two movies though. I'll give it that.
    Agreed.

Movie 14 was a huge letdown because of it's messed up canonology, and Movie 15 looked great, but turned into a very dumbed down plot. It was good, but nothing phenomenal.

This however, has a mixture of everything I love in the movies/anime. References, Evil Pokemon, a hero Pokemon (which happens to be Mewtwo) and what seems to be a threatening situation/plot.

I'm hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Serebii main page: In it, Mewtwo has an extistential crisis thinking "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me"

Yes! I love Mewtwo's existencial crisis. That's what make Movie 1 the best movie and Mewtwo's character the deepest character. So I guess Mewtwo will try to kill the Genesects and commit suicide?
    Yeah, not happening (the suicide part--heroic sacrifice maybe, but suicide in Pokémon is a no-no for sure).

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Surely, this will end with something like, "We were not meant to exist, but still, we are Pokemon/people all the same."
    Since the first movie and his special pretty much beat that into our heads both times, chances are we'll get the same message as well if this is Mewtwo's conclusion as it's believed.

Weird theory I just came up with: what if Mewtwo got weaker at some point in the fight? Like he got hit with a serious attack, and it knocked his powers out of whack, or something? Or what if we get that creepy nightmare face from the special again at some point? It could play into the title "Mewtwo's Awakening" in a way, since he has to unlock a new ability or something. *shrugs*
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Mewtwo appears to be on the defense. If he doesn't attack them head-on, he may have the advantage. And since it's strongly hinted that Mewtwo is the only one fast enough to go up against the Red Genesect, he and it are just about evenly matched in that department. So we'll see what happens. Looks like they might be flying around a lot in this movie.

If by "modified", you mean the dub's title? Eh... I don't know. I think TPCi has kept the movie titles the same, so I don't think the name of the movie will be changed anytime soon.

I mean the japanese one...can they add something else? Mewtwo needs help...5 against 1 isn't fair at all!! (Well Charizard and Dragonite could take one each...but still led 3 to take on Mewtwo)

Also that sentence you still don't know the real mewtwo...is hinting something...and I don't think is Psytrike TBH...a new form could be weird...maybe Mewtwo will reveal a Gen. 6 attack like in the first movie...who knows!!

I'm pretty sure something other than Psystrike is going to be revealed as the 'real' Mewtwo here.

What that is though, is a mystery. I mean seriously, there's nothing in his history that can hint anything. I'd say a new forme for Gen VI could be likely.

Depending on how it looks will be whether i'm pleased or not.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I mean the japanese one...can they add something else? Mewtwo needs help...5 against 1 isn't fair at all!! (Well Charizard and Dragonite could take one each...but still led 3 to take on Mewtwo)

Also that sentence you still don't know the real mewtwo...is hinting something...and I don't think is Psytrike TBH...a new form could be weird...maybe Mewtwo will reveal a Gen. 6 attack like in the first movie...who knows!!
    Well Excadrill is stronger then Dragonite and Pikachu is stronger then Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well Excadrill is stronger then Dragonite and Pikachu is stronger then Charizard.
    Really? From the terms of use currently, Dragonite seems far more powerful then Excadrill. You gt me with Pikachu though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 106 of 247 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast