Page 108 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Oh boy, only the three main characters on the character page again, plus TR acting like idiots in the trailer.

Oh boy.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Charizard has never lost to a lesser pokemon, all his loses were against strong pokemon and were close and justified: Drake's Dragonite (he was the one who tired Dragonite the most and he had already battled with Electabuzz), Blaziken (it was almost a tie since Blaziken couldn't fight for Harrison in the next round because of how bad Charizard damaged him) and Dusclops ("Charizard, use Seismic Toss!").

Pikachu, however, is the most inconsistent pokemon. While he has got impressive wins, he has lost or tie to weaker pokemon plenty of times: Paul's Elekid, Panpour, Snivy. He got slay in the Hoenn League several times in battles.

Charizard most impressive win was a single-handedly victory against Articuno. While Pikachu's most impressive win was against Regice. They are pretty much even in this aspect.

The main difference is that Charizard has never lost to weak pokemon, like Pikachu has, and usually fights only strong pokemon that none of Ash's other pokemon can fight (like when Ash called him specially to battle Gary and Articuno). While Pikachu strenght is inconsistent, Charizard has always kept the same strength and only increased it.

--- As for Dragonite, I think Dragonite beating Beartic with a single ThunderPunch after taking loads of Ice type attacks... while Excadrill losing and then tying to the same Beartic is enough to know Dragonite is stronger.
    that dragonite beating Beartic was kinda ******** but w.e i'll go with it...

Charizard is consistent and like you said has never lost to a lesser pokemon and never will
    Pikachu has and will always lose to lesser pokemon but will beat strong pokemon that he should've beat

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Well Excadrill is stronger then Dragonite and Pikachu is stronger then Charizard.
    Pikachu could beat Charizard, but no way in hell would Pikachu do better against the Genesect than Charizard.
    ----------

Liked the preview, but again like last year's movie appears to be void of human characters.

I especially like how Ash recognized Mewtwo as the species, I hope that stays in the final product.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Wasn't it already kind of implied that Charizard was going to get tons of screen-time in this movie? I mean he's been soooo hyped in the anime and we saw him on the movie poster a while ago, so it was just kind of obvious to me that he'd get even more screen-time in this movie (whether that's good or bad is strictly up to you). Not that I really care; I'm just glad that Oshawott is practically confirmed to appear in this movie. That Oshawott reign just won't let up.~

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Mewtwo Forme Change

... because this movie isn't enough of a fanboy's poorly written fanfic.
    Incidentally many people have been speculating the same thing ever since BW came out. Not saying that those people are less creative than GF folks\writers.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    What's with that heart shaped cacoon? Three things are spinning that looks like it is cutting it open. And one of the strings has a red thing on it. Any ideas?
    Obviously it contains a Lucario. Its been ages since we saw a Lucario.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Ah that is what I was thinking. I wonder what could be inside it. GenesectTwo confirmed

And lol at Pikachu vs Charizard debate
    You won't lol when this thing gets out of hand. Prepare for the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It even got a Light Screen up to further resist and Pikachu one shot Regice with a special attack in Volt Tackle, since Regice pulled off a Rest and woke up (Regice is feared for it's massive special defense).

And how is Charizard not inconsistent? It lost to a Blaziken after beating Blastoise and a Dusclops after beating Articuno.

oh please that is not even the same thing
    The blaziken fight was after he went toe-to-toe with a blastiose the following day and wiping half of Gary's team number 1, number 2...it was a pokemon ash has never seen or faced before (not that its really an excuse) so thats not even close to being inconsistent
    That Dusclops match was ash being an idiot not charizard's fault

OK, I have seen the new trailer and I have some comments to do. Maybe I'm losing my time since my usually long post don't get any answer, but I guess I had to try. First of all, I have to say that by the look of it, the movie is going to be, in one word... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, about the details:

+ OK, it seems the Sableye is going to be a Pokemon from the movie, but not a capture. However, I don't lose my hopes of seeing Ash capturing one of these Pokemon. Yeah, I remember this episode too, back in Hoenn's journey:
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/houen/305.shtml

This was definitely a capture that Ash should have done, to have a full team of 6 Pokemon from Hoenn and finally grant Ash his first Ghost type Pokemon officially. (I think Haunter doesn't really count, as it was too rebel and never bonded enough with Ash to be considered a "capture").

+ About the wild Feraligator in the promo pictures; I'm sorry to say it, but that staff of being a wild Pokemon living in a big city's sewer (clearly mirroring New York's story of the alligators in the sewers) was already used before. It was in one of the Pichu Brothers' shorts:
    http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/pwv/pichu.shtml

+ Now, maybe it's asking too much, but I hope that the appearances of the Sableye and the Feraligator will be hints of future captures and evolutions. (Like Donphan and Marill in the first movie). I already explained the reasons for Sableye. About Feraligator, well, I hope for Ash's Totodile to return and evolve. There was a hint for his evolution in the "Sumo Pokemon" episode, Ash already has a full evolved Crocodile Pokemon (Krookodile) and he would complete a variation of Ash's dream team. Instead of Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur (since Bulbasaur and Squirtle are against evolution, Ash could have Charizard, Torterra (which is similar to Venusaur) and Feraligator (which power competes with Blastoise's). Three Pokemon of "heavy artillery", reptilian nature and with dangerous "biting attacks".

+ I'm glad to see that Ash (and Pikachu) remembers Mewtwo. It wouldn't have sense for him not to remember him after the end of "Mewtwo Returns". I hope this will mean that we will see flashbacks of Ash's previous encounters with Mewtwo, to explain Cilan and Iris why Ash knows this "mysterious Pokemon".

+ "New Tork City". I can't say is the most original name I ever heard, making so obvious from which place is based. However, since we already thought in New York after seeing Mewtwo in the epilogue of "Mewtwo Returns", I guess we should have expected something like this. Besides, we already know that Unova had several places based on sky-scraper's cities (like Castelia City and Black City). So, I think there's no reason to complain.

+ I think the part about "The Real Mewtwo" means that we haven't seen "his real power". Which means we will see the debut of his "new" signature move (Psytrike), and possibly the replacement of his old Shadow Ball by something way more interesting: Aura Sphere. This new powers/moves can be what they can mean with the "real" Mewtwo, don't you think?

+ I'm worried about the presence of the Trio Rocket in the movie. By the look of their scene, it seems they are back to their buffoon selves; but in the animes, it seems they are shifting from their buffoon to their "more serious" villains roles from time to time. If they remain some of their "serious" selves when the movie arrives, I'm afraid Mewtwo's problems are going to multiply; because they could simply inform Giovanni about Mewtwo's existence. If they didn't do it before when they became serious, I guess it was because they simply forget about him after so much time.

+ Mewtwo is not bigger in the movie, as some of you are saying because one of the scene. What it happens is that he's floating above Ash's group, possibly facing the Red Genesect. In the Matrix's scene where Mewtwo puts himself between Ash's group and the Red Genesect to protect them with Barrier, you can see clearly that Mewtwo has the same size it had in his last appearance.

+ The "Sayain's auras" scene looks intense, but it doesn't surprise me much. Don't you see that's exactly what Mew and Mewtwo did just before unleashing their full power against each other? With Ash's petrification being the result of the last clash.

+ I like the design of "Pokemon Hills", based on Central Park. I'm not surprised, honestly. When we talk about a Pokemon movie, there must be always a "green zone"; and in a city based in New York, what's better than a zone based in its main green zone?

+ By the look of it, I'm afraid Genesect's story is going to be a serious deja-vu of Mewtwo's. Pokemon created artificially in a lab as "ultimate weapons", they wake up in test tubes, they break free, go rampanting and start to destroy everything. They are losing creativity.

+ It's very intereting Mewtwo's existential crisis about "These Pokemon were not meant to exist in this world... just like me"; but it doesn't surprises me. I was expecting something like that, especially considering Mewtwo is facing some Pokemon that share his own origins. However, I'm sure Ash will help Mewtwo again into finding a new "significance for life"; both for the Genesects and Mewtwo. Surely, Mewtwo and the Genesects will start traveling together when the battle is over; while they look for a place to live and a significative existence.

Well, opinions, please?

no mew in this movie?

"We don't Know the REAL Mewtwo yet!"
    Something tells me Mewtwo is going to get a new forme!

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Liked the preview, but again like last year's movie appears to be void of human characters.
    This is going to hurt this movie. The last one felt like a hollowed-out mess, more like the content of a pair of episodes instead of a movie, and that one didn't have the kind of weight this one does. A critical part of Mewtwo's character is the way he relates to humans.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    "We don't Know the REAL Mewtwo yet!"
    Something tells me Mewtwo is going to get a new forme!
    Or maybe more backstory/details on things Mewtwo has done since the first movie and the special episode? I don't know why the automatic assumption is that he'll get a new form. Like really, what would be the point of such an old Pokemon like Mewtwo getting a form change more than a decade after its prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    oh come on this debate wont get out of hand

its not a goku vs vegeta debate LOL
    Well Goku is stronger then Vegeta, like in the Pikachu and Charizard situation there is not much space for debate, at their peak form Goku and Pikachu are better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    This is going to hurt this movie. The last one felt like a hollowed-out mess, more like the content of a pair of episodes instead of a movie, and that one didn't have the kind of weight this one does. A critical part of Mewtwo's character is the way he relates to humans.
    I wasn't a huge fan of last movie either, it seem like it could be an episode of the day but we don't know much about this one yet, we hear a scientist at the start so we migth get a villan and lets wait a little more to know if there will be more humans or not, we still have some months to go.

I'll admit, the lack of other human characters is a flaw in this movie, but I don't think it'll ruin it too much. Mewtwo's literally protecting a city from destruction
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I wasn't a huge fan of last movie either, it seem like it could be an episode of the day but we don't know much about this one yet, we hear a scientist at the start so we migth get a villan and lets wait a little more to know if there will be more humans or not, we still have some months to go.
    The scientist is probably representing the Team Plasma flashback we all knew would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid
    I'll admit, the lack of other human characters is a flaw in this movie, but I don't think it'll ruin it too much. Mewtwo's literally protecting a city from destruction
    When they pulled this last year, the city had nobody in it once everything actually started happening, and only a Nurse Joy, two background characters and some (horribly CGIed) civilians prior to that.

Every other movie before the Kyurem one - including the first appearance of Mewtwo - didn't do this.

(Banner by Matori)

The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Oh I didn't know Sableye was confirmed to be a movie-only Pokemon. Glad that was settled quickly. Oh and it seems like most of Ash's Pokemon are in this movie too. Great. I just love fresh tea.

I'm going to guess this Pokemon Hills place is going to be pretty beatiful from what we have seen the art of it looks cool and it having diferent layers with diferent habitats for diferent pokemon makes me want to see that a lot, once again tks for the translations Dephender.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh I didn't know Sableye was confirmed to be a movie-only Pokemon. Glad that was settled quickly. Oh and it seems like most of Ash's Pokemon are in this movie too. Great. I just love fresh tea.
    well that settles that....
    so no 6th gen evolution for sableye

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Yeah, sounds like it'll become a "buddy" thing at the end if the summary's anything to go by. Though I wonder who the "enemy" is, exactly: is it really the Pokémon and humans in New Tork City, or is there something much deeper to it? Sounds like more misunderstanding like it was for Mewtwo in the first movie.

But hey, at least we know for sure Sableye is movie-only. Though I wonder what role it'll play... I can't see an evolution happening in the movie, because unless I'm wrong the past several movies, evolutions don't happen in the movies.

As for talks of a possible Forme for Mewtwo, here's my response: "NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-DO-NOT-WANT-NOPE-NOPE"
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

When they pulled this last year, the city had nobody in it once everything actually started happening, and only a Nurse Joy, two background characters and some (horribly CGIed) civilians prior to that.

Every other movie before the Kyurem one - including the first appearance of Mewtwo - didn't do this.
    To be fair, there's still time before this movie airs ^^;

Not sure how that confirms anything... this could be exactly like the Munchlax situation in Destiny Deoxys
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post

As for talks of a possible Forme for Mewtwo, here's my response: "NOPE-NOPE-NOPE-DO-NOT-WANT-NOPE-NOPE"
    Its not like we said it, Mewtwo did, not our fault.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 7th March 2013 at 2:55 AM.

There still can be. Brock bonded with Bonsly in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew and then caught one later on, which evolved in the next saga. It could still happen. I'd love to see Cilan with it. ^^

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Its not like we said it, Mewtwo did, not our fault.
    It would be interesting but odd if it took this long for Mewtwo to get a forme change...

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It would be interesting but odd if it took this long for Mewtwo to get a forme change...
    I'm kinda joking migth aswell be Psystrike since he learns that at his full potential(100%).

P.S: The rest of the threads are all death now, damn you Genesect Mewtwo will get you for this.

Just saw the trailer, love it. Everything about it.

Genesect playing the antagonist without Mewtwo stealing its shine will rock, I was looking forward to seeing Genesect more anyway. Animation is sexy. Once again must clarify how Genesect simply being red and a figurative speed demon(?) makes it such a creative concept. Amazing that I can be so excited by seeing a gang of Butterfree also. Satoshi looks so much better in the movie than in the anime. That Eleki Ball, oh my God. The animation. Team Rocket scene is interesting, good to see it's not DP-era Rockets though, that's a step in the right direction. They actually look entertaining. Pikachu all beaten up and battered, love seeing Pikachu so vulnerable and with Satoshi cradling him like that. All hell has broken loose and yay the writers know how to draw Iris in the movies finally. No more off-model shots. Satoshi's Shoujo eyes got smaller and I think it makes him look older. Wonder what role Yamirami plays in this movie, maybe a Buoysel 2.0 like in the Manaphey movie. Not sure what to make of the blatant New York City Pokemon style. Seeing older Pokemon is nice though.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 7th March 2013 at 3:02 AM.

Page 108 of 247 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast