Page 109 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm kinda joking migth aswell be Psystrike since he learns that at his full potential(100%).
    I know it's a joke, but who's to say it couldn't happen? XD

I suspect Psystrike though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

What happened to the mewtwo who could just telekinetically shield himself and destroy his enemies. Looks like he got the BWnerf as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    What happened to the mewtwo who could just telekinetically shield himself and destroy his enemies. Looks like he got the BWnerf as well.
    lol that mewtwo was a beast

Red Genesect's Bug/Steel-ness and super saiyan mode allow it damage Mewtwo's shield and defend against the psychic hax.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    lol that mewtwo was a beast
    That he was. I actually thought they would bring that back but they didn't.

Doesn't live in bsland anymore.

Doesn't live in bsland anymore.
    bsland?
    he was pretty much the Cell of pokemon

bsland?
    Well he was the cell. Now from the looks of it I wouldn't even put him on Freeza's level.

They need to some serious explaning here.

That was Gen I where Psychic type was stupidly powerful and overwhelming.

bsland?
    And yet it is based on Frieza, design wise.

Edit: Don't jump the gun there. Mewtwo hasn't even started battling yet. It was just defending Ash and Co.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 7th March 2013 at 3:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    That was Gen I where Psychic type was stupidly powerful and overwhelming.

And yet it is based on Frieza, design wise.

Edit: Don't jump the gun there. Mewtwo hasn't even started battling yet. It was just defending Ash and Co.
    which is cool to see..i wonder if they'll talk about their first encounter
    and design wise he can be based off Frieza but his origin is similar to Cell...born in a lab

LOL raditz level?
    I wouldn't go that far XD DBZ raditz is like the torkoal of the pokeverse.

I don't see whats to debate. It's obvious mewtwo got a huge nerf coming in here like Ash Pikachu and Charizard.

so i just watched the preview and it looks absolute bad ***
    those auras around mewtwo and gensect look pretty cool

Seems like Mewtwo has been de-powered.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Waaaay ahead of you on that

Mewtwo was..underwhelming...

Genesect was cool though. The atmosphere is too happy. There's a reason why so many people liked 1,2 and 10 more than the others...
    I don't think that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Oh you know you'll regret it, no way in hell will the dub manage something less stupid, I can see them using it even.
    Stupid? Objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    A misunderstood\misinterpreted\misinformed Pokemon wrecking havoc on a city filled with people and Pokemon, where have we seen that before. Maybe we will never get a truly evil Pokemon ever.

Lets see what Genesect can do against the ever so powerful Mewtwo. I think Mewtwo can take on the leader Genesect but if all of them attack at once in a formation then Mewtwo will surely go down.
    Well not exactly. They've been programmed that way, so yes they are only known for being evil in the sense that they attack things out of the belief that everything is their enemy.

Dark storm clouds....lightning...rain..and a bigger mewtwo.
    Well they still might appear at some point, but personally I'm happy it isn't so dark in terms of the atmosphere. I don't mind those movies, but I don't really want this movie to be one of those. Why do you want one of those movies here?

It doesn't really give off that sense of danger mewtwo from M1 did. Even worse was pikachu being equal to a lesser genesect.
    All because Pikachu stopped a beam with an ElectroBall. Of course that cause an explosion and don't forget, Pikachu has trained for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I agree, but you can't really pick fault at this Movie alone. Ever since BW2 we've had nothing but older generation Pokemon with no explanation (since the gang left Eastern Unova before the League).

It's annoying, but yeah Movie 16 isn't really the one to be at fault here, it's the saga in general.
    There are old Pokemon in Unova. So that's not a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Can you really blame me though? I mean the setting and plot look so familiar that I can't be bothered to get excited about it. Also, since I was never a fan of the first movie to begin with, maybe I'm not getting the hype about Mewtwo. That and Genesect is my least favorite Unova Legendary; even the Shiny one doesn't help me see the species differently. So with two main Pokemon that I don't care for, it's hard to get passionate about this film. It does look better than the last two movies though. I'll give it that.
    I pretty much agree. Although I can sort of see the hype about Mewtwo, but I'm not going to fanboy over its appearances. Not a fan of Genesect and it does sort of feel like the first movie to me, but the scenery does seem different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I definetly have to disagree with this, if anything this location is one of the most unique we've had so far. It's a nest, within a spiral dome, within a city. I'm not a huge fan of it, i'd much prefer simply the city as the location, who knows maybe it will yet.

Agreed.

Movie 14 was a huge letdown because of it's messed up canonology, and Movie 15 looked great, but turned into a very dumbed down plot. It was good, but nothing phenomenal.

This however, has a mixture of everything I love in the movies/anime. References, Evil Pokemon, a hero Pokemon (which happens to be Mewtwo) and what seems to be a threatening situation/plot.

I'm hyped.
    Why are people hyping over this "nest"? Just seems like a wooden building that could be apart of other wooden building that are in the Pokemon Hill's.

In your opinion of course? I didn't really care for the 14 all that much, but I didn't hate it. I don't expect to love 15 either.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Mewtwo Forme Change

... because this movie isn't enough of a fanboy's poorly written fanfic.
    It isn't at all, well, at least that's your own opinion.

It's not like Mewtwo is drastically changed guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Really? Charizard is stronger than Pikachu and Dragonite is stronger than Excadrill. Besides, Pikachu and Excadrill can't take a flying Genesect. Charizard and Dragonite can.
    Excadrill and Pikachu have been training for a while and we haven't seen them battling Genesect's yet, though we did see Pikachu fighting one of the Genesects attacks with an ElectroBall.

And you have no proof to Charizard and Dragonite being able to take them on.

Excadrill had a draw with Drayden main, Dragonite lost to his second pokemon.
    Haxorus and Druddigon are different Pokemon.

Yeah and Latios even resists him, plus Pikachu beat a legendary belonging to a trainer that had a Dusclops that beat Charizard.
    Different Pokemon, so they could've been trained differently. Different circumstances, so it doesn't automatically mean that Pikachu is stronger.

are you guys seriously debating whose stronger charizard or pikachu?

well if thats the game then im gonna add in my 2 cents and say its Charizard...

sure pikachu has done alot but he is inconsistent..
    Charizard has been training nonstop since johto...has more powerful moves and is more consistent

i may be a little bias because charizard is my favorite of ash's pokemon but charizard is more powerful
    Consistent? That's debatable and having "powerful" moves is objective. I'm not saying one is stronger than the other, since we have no proof.

And yeah, the plot of this movie is eerily reminiscent of a fanfic. Like, why are there five Genesects to begin with? I would think that one would be enough, but there are several running around and it's going to be really confusing to keep track of the four normal colored ones. A story about a small army of Genesects just sounds like something you'd read on FanFiction.net or whatever. And I swear, if Mewtwo gets a form change I'm going to scream and shout 'cause Mewtwo is essentially one of the most powerful Pokemon already; he doesn't need more power.
    Fanfic? I fail to see how and I don't think it is at all.

I don't see how it'll be confusing.

I still don't see the fanfic connection.

And yeah, the plot of this movie is eerily reminiscent of a fanfic. Like, why are there five Genesects to begin with? I would think that one would be enough, but there are several running around and it's going to be really confusing to keep track of the four normal colored ones. A story about a small army of Genesects just sounds like something you'd read on FanFiction.net or whatever. And I swear, if Mewtwo gets a form change I'm going to scream and shout 'cause Mewtwo is essentially one of the most powerful Pokemon already; he doesn't need more power.
    Fanfic? I fail to see how and I don't think it is at all.

I don't see how it'll be confusing.

I still don't see the fanfic connection.

There's no BWnerf.

That he was. I actually thought they would bring that back but they didn't.
    He's still the same Mewtwo.

Well he was the cell. Now from the looks of it I wouldn't even put him on Freeza's level.

They need to some serious explaning here.
    There doesn't need to be any explaining and he's the SAME. Maybe not completely appearance wise, but he's the same.

I wouldn't go that far XD DBZ raditz is like the torkoal of the pokeverse.

I don't see whats to debate. It's obvious mewtwo got a huge nerf coming in here like Ash Pikachu and Charizard.
    This is just like calling some Pokemon a previous generation's Pokemon' 2.0. They're not the same. The two being alike? Maybe, but why do we always have to compare?

Same thing someone else said, but with no proof.

Waaaay ahead of you on that
    Even though as I said, no confirmation.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Mewtwo has not been depowered, quit being ridiculous.

Guys, we just saw mewtwo show levels of speed it did not show in it's other appearances. It did not get powered down.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

If Mewtwo being so fast, that it looks like he's slowing down time means he's been depowered, then I think the word needs to be redefined.

Am I missing something? How exactly does he look underpowered?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Start guessing which moves he has. The slow-down was probably the movie trying to make it look like Extremespeed, unless it's his own power at work.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    If Mewtwo being so fast, that it looks like he's slowing down time means he's been depowered, then I think the word needs to be redefined.
    I agree.

I don't know what the hell kind of trailer other people saw, but I saw the official trailer where Mewtwo traveled probably 100 times faster than the maximum speed of Red Genesect, just to put up a force field and block Genesect's attack.

What trailer did you people see that showed otherwise?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Guys, we just saw mewtwo show levels of speed it did not show in it's other appearances. It did not get powered down.
    Yeah speed isn't everything, otherwise ninjask would be the most powerful earthling pokemon.

Yeah speed isn't everything, otherwise ninjask would be the most powerful earthling pokemon.
    I don't think Ninjask is fast enough nor powerful enough to do what Mewtwo did.

Outright flying and dodging speed, maybe, but fast enough to put up a barrier before an attack....no.

Edit: Also Mewtwo is tied for 6th fastest Pokemon.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 7th March 2013 at 4:57 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm telling you guys, Mewtwo learned Extremespeed and Roar of Time
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't think Ninjask is fast enough nor powerful enough to do what Ninjask.

Outright flying and dodging speed, maybe, but fast enough to put up a barrier before an attack....no.
    Ninjask can learn protect.

Page 109 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209 ... LastLast