Page 77 of 247 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 6162

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

If Giovanni was dying or TR disbanding it would have been after the whole Meloetta thing that happened. After "returns" i doubt TR will even be a significant part of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Yes but he is evil. So death would be fitting.
    "But he is evil" is a really shitty reason for someone to deserve to die. Especially a character like Giovanni who has, in other canons, achieved some level of redemption or at least been portrayed as a sympathetic villain. oh wait you meant Mewtwo.

Mewtwo isn't evil. He's an arsehole with a really screwed up idea of ethnic purity regarding the clones (there is no other way I can put that) and his actions to keep the clone Pokemon segregated from the bio-Pokemon probably made it easier for Team Rocket to find them in Mewtwo Returns, putting all of them in danger, but that doesn't make him evil.

He's a character whose anger led him to make some really bad decisions, nothing more.
    Last edited by Matori; 12th February 2013 at 11:55 PM.

"Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Secretary- A short and cynical tale of paperwork and sadism
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.

Quote Originally Posted by Matori View Post
    "But he is evil" is a really shitty reason for someone to deserve to die. Especially a character like Giovanni who has, in other canons, achieved some level of redemption or at least been portrayed as a sympathetic villain. oh wait you meant Mewtwo.

Mewtwo isn't evil. He's an arsehole with a really screwed up idea of ethnic purity regarding the clones (there is no other way I can put that) and his actions to keep the clone Pokemon segregated from the bio-Pokemon probably made it easier for Team Rocket to find them in Mewtwo Returns, putting all of them in danger, but that doesn't make him evil.

He's a character whose anger led him to make some really bad decisions, nothing more.
    Decisions which caused the deaths of many scientists,

I guess you don't like character arcs then where a character goes through a series of events that leads to a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I personally loved the special. For me, the only movie or special that can compete with Mewtwo Returns is Movie 3.
    Mewtwo Returns was an EXCELLENT special.

Is this the same Mewtwo Ash and co. met in M1 and the special, though? If so, AWESOME.

I think TPCi will get Dan Green to voice him for the dub, seeing as he is in their pool of VAs. That's great.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post

Is this the same Mewtwo Ash and co. met in M1 and the special, though? If so, AWESOME.

I think TPCi will get Dan Green to voice him for the dub, seeing as he is in their pool of VAs. That's great.
    I think it is. I think there's only 1 Mewtwo, besides that 1 in the Mirage special.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I think it is. I think there's only 1 Mewtwo, besides that 1 in the Mirage special.
    Yeah, I think so as well.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I guess you don't like character arcs then where a character goes through a series of events that leads to a change.
    I'm saying they deserved more justice than a 2 second heel face turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post

They'll probably get Dan Green since he is still voicing characters for the anime. He voiced Pierce in Black and White.

I'm saying they deserved more justice than a 2 second heel face turn.
    It's completely believable why he changed. The scene that happened before Mewtwo changed was a really powerful scene. Of course something like that would make Mewtwo reconsider his actions.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 13th February 2013 at 12:16 AM.

They'll probably get Dan Green since he is still voicing characters for the anime. He voiced Pierce in Black and White.
    Exactly. That's great because that's who last voiced him as well in the dub.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th February 2013 at 12:27 AM.

Oh, Mewtwo's in this? Now it's guaranteed that sh*t will get real like, gasp, a real anime!

So is Mewtwo and his legion of clones vacationing in Unova or what?

If you woke up in a glass jar prison, after being put into suspended animation following watching your best friends die, and everyone was talking about how wealthy they would be from your creation with little care for you, I think you'd go totally nuclear too. Fuji might have been a tragic, desperate man with a good heart but I'm pretty sure the rest of the scientists were in it for the money, and they didn't play the smooth talk Giovanni did later.

Maybe not. His wife died in childbirth last year and Dan's not been voice acting since.

"Poe was the first writer to write about main characters who were bad guys or who were mad guys, and those are some of my favorite stories."
    -Stephen King

I write odd slice of life stories about Team Rocket. If that's your thing, give them a look:

Alpha Male- behind every friendship is a story. Perspective contest fourth place winner.
    Survival- A novella about the unbreakable bonds between one man and his feline friend. 2011 Pokemon Big Bang story.

Maybe not. His wife died in childbirth last year and Dan's not been voice acting since.
    Oh, my God! Really? That's so sad

Worse. It's been two years, actually.

Wow, two years already?

I hope he's doing okay, I really do.

-Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Oh, Mewtwo's in this? Now it's guaranteed that sh*t will get real like, gasp, a real anime!

So is Mewtwo and his legion of clones vacationing in Unova or what?

What, even clone Pokemon need restXD
    Dento and Iris will be even more confused if they see a clone Meowth, oh no they'll have to find out how long Team Rocket's been following Ash.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Wow, two years already?

I hope he's doing okay, I really do.
    Yeah, me too. Dan Green has always been one of my favorite voice actors particularly for his roles as Mewtwo and Yami Yugi/Yugi.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Dento and Iris will be even more confused if they see a clone Meowth, oh no they'll have to find out how long Team Rocket's been following Ash.
    Yeah, they'll be shocked XD
    I really hope Ash doesn't forget who Mewtwo is XD
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

You're talking about TIME now?

Cilan: Hey, Ash, how long have Team Rocker followed you?

Ash: Ever since 12 years ago.

Iris: Wow, that's a lot of time! Huh, why does this sound so...off?

You're talking about TIME now?

Cilan: Hey, Ash, how long have Team Rocker followed you?

Ash: Ever since 12 years ago.

Iris: Wow, that's a lot of time! Huh, why does this sound so...off?
    With the BW series they seem to think its only been a couple of months since Ash has started his journey, or a year??? So, they wouldn't say years.
    Any ways, we can finally get things cleared up about Team Rocket/Ash's past with them in all this, they've got to explain things about that clone War right? And the special?

edit;

I hope Ash and Mewtwo talk about the past too, they hopefully remember these things.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

With the BW series they seem to think its only been a couple of months since Ash has started his journey, or a year??? So, they wouldn't say years.
    Any ways, we can finally get things cleared up about Team Rocket/Ash's past with them in all this, they've got to explain things about that clone War right? And the special?

edit;

I hope Ash and Mewtwo talk about the past too, they hopefully remember these things.
    I was joking with that statement of 12 years seeing as Ash is...still 10 for some reason.

Also, I don't really think Ash and Mewtwo are that buddy-buddy.

I wonder how Mewtwo will appear in this movie. Will they probably show it at the beginning of the movie on top of a building or pop out of nowhere at the last minute.
    I remember when Kasumi said it took her, Ash and Brock a year to travel around the Kanto region and when Ash beats all 8 Gym Leaders he has to wait like 3 months. Even though there really isn't any set time length in the Pokemon anime, we can infer how long things have taken.

inb4 Ash is still 10.

Haha ninja'd xD

I was joking with that statement of 12 years seeing as Ash is...still 10 for some reason.

Also, I don't really think Ash and Mewtwo are that buddy-buddy.
    I knew you were joking, I was making a joke tooXD

I didn't think they were BFFs but they have a past and I'd like them to talk about have some flashbacks.
    If Mewtwo some how could let them see what happened with movie 1 *Sigh*

edit;

Time makes no sense in this anime, you have to really block it out HA.

If Mewtwo some how could let them see what happened with movie 1 *Sigh*
    It's implied that Ash did remember Movie 1. At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Ash says, "This time we'll both be able to remember," which implies that Mewtwo told him about Movie 1.

Time makes no sense in this anime, you have to really block it out HA.
    Totally. XD.

It's implied that Ash did remember Movie 1. At the end of Mewtwo Returns, Ash says, "This time we'll both be able to remember," which implies that Mewtwo told him about Movie 1.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th February 2013 at 1:22 AM.

Page 77 of 247 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast