Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will the [SPOILER] impact XY anime? (spoilerssss)

Post How will the [SPOILER] impact XY anime? (spoilerssss)

XY anime seems to have a relatively low number of new Pokémon.

Unlike BW which had A LOT of new Pokémon to showcase and market, XY doesn't have as much and the number of old ones seems to prevalent in this case. How do you think this will affect the anime, in what ways could it potentially improve or worsen the anime? Do you think this could lead to XY being less of an advertisement for the new Pokémon like BW was?

Not much. BW had all new Pokemon and they weren't given special filler focus episodes like Johto for example did one for every new Pokemon IIRC. XY seems to be going BW route and put in all the new Pokemon as a part of the natural habitat without wasting an episode on it.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

LANTURN CENTRIC EPISODE. PLEASE. I BEG YOU ANIME TEAM.

I dunno. There might be a chance of less fillers? Or just more specific mon centric fillers. It can go both ways really.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I think that the episodes showing the "Pokemon of the day" will be more sporadic and distant. I think that in most fillers they'll focus more on old Pokemon.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

well, last gen it was only pokemon from unova. (for the first part) now we have pokemon from all generations and so they will probably have to focus on some of them as well.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

It means we will get to see the older Pokemon more

Which is a good thing, and i could see ash getting pre gen vi pokemon like riolu.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I think between the level of new pokemon released and the megaevolutions the writers may consider letting the main cast catch some previous gen pokemon. It still may not happen though.

Hopefully this will serve as an opportunity to showcase some of the neglected Pokemon of past generations. From the top of my mind: Barboach, Qwilfish, Klink, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Hopefully this will serve as an opportunity to showcase some of the neglected Pokemon of past generations. From the top of my mind: Barboach, Qwilfish, Klink, to name a few.
    we might finally see the porygon line in the anime............

Er yeah, keep dreaming on that.

I don't think much will change, but the movies will probably have to incorporate older legends into it seeing how in terms of new legendaries all we have are Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and who knows what for the inevitable Mythicals.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

It'll be like Diamond and Pearl I'm guessing a few episodes dedicated to new Pokemon and a few dedicated to old Pokemon.

For the anime's sake, I think it is a good thing for the most part. It will mean way less times having to be spent on showcasing new pokemon. Even moreso with the games not essentially cutting off everything to previous gens. The only dissapointing thing is the lack of new evolutions to old pokemon. I know mega evolutions, but there aren't really that many and only a few for pokemon ash already has.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

There is going to be a lot of captures of Old Pokemon, that's for sure.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

It likely means we will just have episodes focusing on older Pokemon too, potentially focusing on the Mega Evolutions of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Er yeah, keep dreaming on that.

I don't think much will change, but the movies will probably have to incorporate older legends into it seeing how in terms of new legendaries all we have are Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and who knows what for the inevitable Mythicals.

lol yeah i know it will never happen.

They could well have previous legends, we also don't know if the third game will add any extra forms that might be key.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    For the anime's sake, I think it is a good thing for the most part. It will mean way less times having to be spent on showcasing new pokemon. Even moreso with the games not essentially cutting off everything to previous gens. The only dissapointing thing is the lack of new evolutions to old pokemon. I know mega evolutions, but there aren't really that many and only a few for pokemon ash already has.
    I'd have to agree with you here. It might help to avoid a few fillers just for the sake of introducing a pokemon. I really thought there would be at least a pre-evo to sawk and throh. I think they could have some prevoius gen captures if they needed a specific role filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    While i think it is possible i wouldn't say it's for sure.

I dont really think relatively low number of new pokemon is a spoiler but i think that way they can do things like give Serena absol, clemont magneton and Ash charizard without disrupting new pokemon advertisement since there isn't that much to advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    we might finally see the porygon line in the anime............
    This makes so much sense. I mean I don't care for the already over showned older pokemon but the pokemon that have got basically kicked in the nads is the ones that need attention now since older pokemon is being given more evolutions. Hopefully most of Ash's neclected(cough*Totodile*cough) pokemon might start getting attention too.

My ideal battle ever!

I wish they didn't pick now to experiment with a four person cast. Unless each of the Kalos natives catch older Pokemon there just doesn't seem to be enough newer Pokemon to go around the Main Cast, let alone any significant recurring characters. I'm not even shooting for full rosters for everyone. Just Ash with 5-6 (not including Pikachu), Clemont and Bonnie with 3, and Serena with 4-5 depending on what she does.

I'd hope that they would go for something more story oriented and do a three episode arch every so often to stretch out the episodes. It doesn't necessarily have to be progressing the main story. Things like the Tag Battle and Summer School archs.

LANTURN CENTRIC EPISODE. PLEASE. I BEG YOU ANIME TEAM.
    I ... well ... yes.

I think Ash will catch less pkmn this time, hopefully they won't wait until almost the 8th gym to catch his 6th pkmn like back in Hoenn.

Hopefully older pkmn for Clemont and Serena.

I giggled @ the "XY being less of an advertisement" part. No offense, but the anime itself is one huge advertisement so of course nothing will change in that regard. The fact that there are only around 70 new Pokemon hopefully means that there will be less new Pokemon centric fillers and that many of the new Pokemon will belong to main characters (Ash and friends, Team Rocket, rivals, Team Flare, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I giggled @ the "XY being less of an advertisement" part. No offense, but the anime itself is one huge advertisement so of course nothing will change in that regard. The fact that there are only around 70 new Pokemon hopefully means that there will be less new Pokemon centric fillers and that many of the new Pokemon will belong to main characters (Ash and friends, Team Rocket, rivals, Team Flare, etc.).
    BW actually had very few New Pokemon-centric episodes when compared to Johto or DP or AG. But that's because everything was new. I hope XY goes down that route too.

We might actually have a

Spoiler:- 1:

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I am really dreaming... but I would like Arcs that helps rivals/friends/etc... to come along the group or battle ash for the sake of nostalgia !
    like just one arc for each character with precise objectives...

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    This one. owo
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I don't care what they have to do with the teams I want Ash to get back charizard for mega evolutions. Even if he has to turn down Korrina's gift and send talonflame off to play PokewaterPolo. I've been playing around with mega charizard all day and I have to say he is the coolest fire type I have ever used and it would quite be a shame if Charizard's chance to be Ash's kalos powerhouse is ousted by greninja.

There'll probably be a good mix of old Pokemon, and new Pokemon focus based episode...if I had to guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast