Page 1 of 247 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Default Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

In serebii's main page, it is mentioned that a person went to an early screening of the Keldeo Movie & saw Genosect in the next movie trailer, stating it will air in 2013.

I guess several of us expected it but what do you expect?

"ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Reawakening of Mewtwo"

Small Summary: "Genesect", a Pokemon from 300 million years ago. The mysterious "Red Genesect", different from regular Genesect, appears. Possessing super speed and boasting other strengths, it is a mythical Pokemon, but what sort of activity will it do in a big city, the symbol of modern civilization?" - Thanks to Sunnyshore for the Summary.

Spoiler:- December 2012 CoroCoro:

Pokemon Smash Movie Announcement

LINK: =====> 12/12/12- First Movie 16 Trailer!!!

2/12/2013- CoroCoro revealed a new title: "ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Reawakening of Mewtwo".

2/15/2013- New Trailer

NEW POSTER:
        Spoiler:- New Poster with Sableye!:
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 5th March 2013 at 1:51 AM.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Well, my first thought was that this basically confirms Gen VI for next year if they're revealing Genesect now.

I wonder if Plasma will be referenced at all, like Magma in the Jirachi movie?

I am personally very excited in seeing Genesect's official artwork. The official art for Keldeo and Meloetta made me like both Pkmn, when I almost hated then before. And since I like Genesect, I'll probably like it even more.

Also, if the next movie is about Genesect, then will It be the only Legendary Pkmn there? All Legendaries of Gen 5 have, after the new movie, been in a movie. Though, they can always use older legendaries. Or even better, have Genesect the only one~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Also, if the next movie is about Genesect, then will It be the only Legendary Pkmn there? All Legendaries of Gen 5 have, after the new movie, been in a movie. Though, they can always use older legendaries. Or even better, have Genesect the only one~
    Well, technically they haven't used the Kamis to any great extent in the movies, but both their Incarnate and Therian formes will have been used by the main anime by that point.

I feel Genesect would work best with some opposing force, so I'd count out only having Genesect- only the Entei and Jirachi movies had one legendary in them, and they had the Unown and the Groudon monster to make up for it respectively. I'd think the most likely option is a Gen VI mascot, along the lines of Lucario or Zoroark.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post
    Well, my first thought was that this basically confirms Gen VI for next year if they're revealing Genesect now.

Not really. Every last movie from each Generation starred a Pokemon from the next Generation: Lugia, Latias/Latios, Manaphy, Zoroa/Zoroark, and this one is being focused on Genosect. I wonder if we will have a small Legendary Pokemon present here, along with some Gen VI Pokemon if they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I am personally very excited in seeing Genesect's official artwork. The official art for Keldeo and Meloetta made me like both Pkmn, when I almost hated then before. And since I like Genesect, I'll probably like it even more.

If you count formes, the Kami Trio's Therian Formes have not debuted in a movie yet. That little cameo the Kami Trio had in the dual movies doesn't really seem notable, myabe they will have a good role here with Genosect.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by Beeblebrox View Post

That's specious reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    Not really. Every last movie from each Generation starred a Pokemon from the next Generation: Lugia, Latias/Latios, Manaphy, Zoroa/Zoroark, and this one is being focused on Genosect. I wonder if we will have a small Legendary Pokemon present here, along with some Gen VI Pokemon if they do exist.
    We don't know that it's focused on Genesect. We know it has Genesect in it, but not that it's the only star. Remember, we all thought Celebi was the star of the Zoroark movie until Zorua and Zoroark were revealed in the February before release.

If you count formes, the Kami Trio's Therian Formes have not debuted in a movie yet. That little cameo the Kami Trio had in the dual movies doesn't really seem notable, myabe they will have a good role here with Genosect.
    Pokémon featured in the anime before they're in a movie don't tend to get a major role in a movie; the anime's done their advertising. See Ho-Oh, Raikou (until the Zoroark movie, at least) and Cresselia.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Oh, sure. I'm jumping wildly to conclusions.

Fun, though.

I expect to be very excited by this news as soon as I am awake enough to feel things

@Beeblebrox
    I know, the Kamis cannot really be counted at having been in a movie. But they did get a Two Episode "Arc" in the anime, so I thought they would be left out from the movies, like Uxie/Azelf/Mespirit was. Though, there is no reason they can't be in a movie, too. And like KibaLB8 said, the Theria formes haven't been either, but I thought that they would have a good role in Best Wishes 2, since they were feautured on the official poster for it. Not sure. ._.

However, I'm happy just getting to see genesect already. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

hopefully it will be genesect vs mewtwo now thats a movie i would see probably a battle between plasma and team rocket too see which legendary is powerfull.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nnjyp4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It depends entirely on what Gamefreak as well as the anime producers plan to do.

With 3rd gen there was at least 3 movies of next gen Pokemon. The Deoxys Movie, The Lucario Movie, and Manaphy.

Come 4th gen we only got 1 movie involving next gen Pokemon and only 2 of them at that.

It's unclear how they'll proceed, but if Genesect is in the 2013 movie, it's almost guaranteed that the 2014 will most definitely have next generation Pokemon, after all what else would the movie be about.

It just depends on whether Nintendo/Game Freak want to reveal 6th gen Pokemon in 2013 or 2014.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I do hope they keep some kind of reference to Team Plasma, or even include it in the movie (as there is no info as of yet of TP appearing in the anime). But yeah, I'm excited Wouldn't be surprised if a few 6th gen Pokémon were showcased already, since what else can they introduce? BW2 have no new formes or legendaries that haven't been seen. Of course they could shove in a Jirachi or something (similar to Mew and Celebi in previous movies), but we'll see what happens. If they reveal Genesect in upcoming months, they've got to have something "new" to introduce later on, to promote the movie.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Nice! Genosect is a strange Pokemon.
    But I'm more interested if the preview shows some new Pokes or evolutions

OR even GEN6 PoKe??

This is brilliant news, of course everybody already expected it to be Genosect though really.

I wonder who the other featured Pokemon will be. There isn't any other Legendary Pokemon of Generation 5 to get a major role anymore (Kami Trio and Meloetta have major roles in the anime, every other Legendary has good roles in the Movies).

I think we could see either Jirachi, just like Mew and Celebi got in Movie 8 and 13, or potentially a 6th Generation Pokemon. It could end up being an AG Movie Scenario where two of the movies featured the upcoming Generation.

Putting those thoughts aside though, there's only one Pokemon I want to see join Genosect in this movie, and that's Mewtwo. I want him to return and fight Genosect, they're both a perfect and even match to battle each other, two genetically modified Pokemon. #please make it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    This is brilliant news, of course everybody already expected it to be Genosect though really.

I wonder who the other featured Pokemon will be. There isn't any other Legendary Pokemon of Generation 5 to get a major role anymore (Kami Trio and Meloetta have major roles in the anime, every other Legendary has good roles in the Movies).

I think we could see either Jirachi, just like Mew and Celebi got in Movie 8 and 13, or potentially a 6th Generation Pokemon. It could end up being an AG Movie Scenario where two of the movies featured the upcoming Generation.

Putting those thoughts aside though, there's only one Pokemon I want to see join Genosect in this movie, and that's Mewtwo. I want him to return and fight Genosect, they're both a perfect and even match to battle each other, two genetically modified Pokemon. #please make it happen
    mewtwo vs genosect would be the most perfect thing to ever happen in the anime

They should put whole Plasma plot onto the movie, and include N, Ghetsis etc.

Atleast would be way better than cancelling them totally in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    mewtwo vs genosect would be the most perfect thing to ever happen in the anime
    I totally agree with you. Mewtwo haven't appeared in the series for a long time (not counting the Mirage Mewtwo).

So, it is due for an appearance and since both of them have a similar history and Mewtwo having huge weakness against it (Genosect being a Bug-Steel type pokemon), i think that would make a great combo. Also it would be prefect for them to showcase Mewtwo's signature attack Psystrike (which they gave him this gen) along with Genosect's signature attack Techno Blast (in some movies signature attacks do play an important role like in the upcoming movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    I totally agree with you. Mewtwo haven't appeared in the series for a long time (not counting the Mirage Mewtwo).
    Being a huge Mewtwo fan, there are a whole lot of reasons as to why Mewtwo could return, i'll explain:

-Last time Mewtwo was seen, it was in a place looking extremely similar to Castelia.
    -Giovanni, the one who controlled/helped create Mewtwo finally returned since his last plot with Mewtwo (Mewtwo Returns) in this Saga.
    -Genosect is very similar to Mewtwo as they are both Genetically Modified Pokemon created by villainous Teams.
    -Team Rocket and Team Plasma had/have a rivalry. Mewtwo was created by TR whilst Genosect was created by TP, both could be used to pit against each other (considering a plot device brings back Giovanni's memories or something).
    -In Generation 5, Mewtwo finally got a signature move, Psystrike.
    -A while back, Mewtwo was heavily featured in the TCG, with images of it destroying Castelia City.
    -A while back, Mewtwo also gained a distribution with the move Electro Ball.
    -In Movie 8 and Movie 13 a Mew and Celebi appeared, following this tradition it would make sense for Jirachi to return, but in Movie 6 it was explained Jirachi only appears every 1000 years, so I don't see a reason why Mewtwo can't be a replacement.

Personally, I think Genosect and Mewtwo are the best Pokemon to fight each other. If this ever happened, it would be the ultimate showdown in the Pokemon Anime.

It's nice to hear that Genesect would be in the 16th Movie. Mewtwo vs Genesect would be great to see, but I don't think Mewtwo will be involved in this.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

Team rocket needs to be the main villian in this movie
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Genesect!

I am completely and utterly shocked. I mean, who expected that?

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    -In Movie 8 and Movie 13 a Mew and Celebi appeared, following this tradition it would make sense for Jirachi to return, but in Movie 6 it was explained Jirachi only appears every 1000 years, so I don't see a reason why Mewtwo can't be a replacement.
    Well according to the pokedex entries, a Jirachi sleeps for a 1000 years and then wakes up for only 7 days (in this time being able to grant wishes to people) and then goes back to its 1000 years sleep.

And like Mew and Celebi and many other legendaries in the anime series, there can be multiple of Jirachi's out there.

As for the movie Jirachi, it was a bit special as it specifically timed its sleep so that it wakes up during the time the comet appears every 1000 years and on the end of the seventh day absorbs the energy from the comet and then goes to sleep and slowly releases the energy it absorbed to the ground.

So, it is easily possible for the writers to add Jirachi in this movie which would be different from the 6th movie one. But that would only happen if this movie is going to be a bridge movie between the 5th and the 6th gen (like the 8th movie was between the 3rd and the 4th gen and the 13th movie was between the 4th and 5th gen).

But the chances of this one being a bridge movie between the 5th and the possible 6th gen is high because it seems that Genosect is going to be revealed in this month or the next as it is present in the next years movie teaser.
    That means the writers have another secret pokemon to reveal later on next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Genesect!

I am completely and utterly shocked. I mean, who expected that?
    People who didn't know its existence, i guess. Not everyone knows about the pokemon games (like i used to before i joined Serebii back in 2006) and that in the coding there are hidden pokemons.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 1st July 2012 at 1:14 PM.

Yeah, I believe that since this will be the last BW movie - and a 6th gen Pokémon is likely to appear - I'd love to see Genesect's earlier form.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yeah, I believe that since this will be the last BW movie - and a 6th gen Pokémon is likely to appear - I'd love to see Genesect's earlier form.
    Well that could be easily possible if they released it in the 6th gen and this movie does turn out to be a generation bridge movie (similar to how the released Regigigas in the 4th gen and the other Regi golems in the 3rd gen before that).
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 1st July 2012 at 1:19 PM.

This is cool. As Lucario At Service pointed out, them revealing Genesect now likely means that something special will be revealed later (probably in February 2013). If we have RS Remakes by the time the movie comes out, I see Jirachi appearing and maybe a Generation VI Pokémon that they could announce in February.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 1 of 247 123451151101 ... LastLast