Thread: Ghost Monotype Team

Default Ghost Monotype Team

So I've been playing pokemon for a few years now, but I feel like I should go to the next level and give Competitive battling a try. I've literally only started researching strategies yesterday....so I'm pretty much a noob :P

So I thought a monotype team would be an easy first since I would give me an excuse not to worry about synergy that much.

So without further delay, here's my PO Ghost monotype team.

Gengar@Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    Abillity: Levitate
    Ev's: 4 HP/252 Sp.A/ 252 Spd/
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Substitute
    -Disable

My lead. Not exactly a sweeper, but if you time the substitute and disable just right, it could pack quite a punch.

Cofragrigus@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Mummy
    Ev's: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.D/4 Sp.A/
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power(Fighting)
    -Calm Mind
    -Rest
    Stall, pretty much. Unfortunately Cofa doesn't have access to a better recovery move, but it should be able to survive the two rest turns with its defenese stats.

Spiritomb@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Ability: Pressure
    Ev's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.D/
    -Hypnosis
    -Calm Mind
    -Dark Pulse
    -Pain Split

If you can set up hypnosis and then get enough boosts from Calm Mind, this could be a great Special Sweeper.

Chandlure@Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    Ability: Shadow Tag
    Ev's: 252 Spd/252 Sp.A/4 Def/
    -Overheat
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Hidden Power(Ice)

Shadow Tag, that amazing Sp.A stat, and the move pool make for a formiddable revenge killer.

Jellicent@Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    Ability: Cursed Body
    Ev's: 252 HP/ 98 Def/160/Sp.D/
    -Revover
    -Toxic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Substitute

A decent wall. Toxic is an overall amazing move in my opininon and paired with recover and substitute, it could be quite a challenge getting past this Jelli.

Golurk@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Iron Fist
    Ev's: 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def/
    -Earthquake
    -Shadow Punch
    -Hammer Arm
    -Stone Edge

This is my (hopefully) devastating physical sweeper. Choice band along with that amazing attack stat, plus two STAB's, one of which gets a boost from Iron fist. I would't quite label this as a glass cannon, seeing as it has okay defenses...although it does have 5 weaknesses.

Be completely honest in your opinions

Your team seems pretty strong, and it takes heart to make a team only one type. Aside from the obvious all-ghost weakness, your team is also susceptible to Zoraork.
    With Illusion and Foul Play, it could outspeed and decimate your team, so I would suggest trying to make your pokemon faster and more physically defensive (not all of them, you still need your special walls)
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I think you should take out spritomb and put in sableye. With prankstar he's good with spreading status and can be very annoying to get rid of if played right.

TMP Symbols: