Thread: my first RMT

Default my first RMT

This is my first team.Please rate this team and I would appreciate any advice given.
    All edits are in BOLD.

Forretress@Sitrus berry
    Trait:Sturdy
    EVs:252HP/176Def/80Spd
    Relaxed nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Spikes
    -Volt switch
    Forretress is my lead.He basically sets up rocks and spikes while spinning away the opponent's hazards.Stealth rock is amazing.It will make fire types think twice before coming on to fry Forretress and Metagross.Spikes can hit many pokemon that resist Stealth rock.Rapid spin is vital for the team,especially Volcarona who loses half his health from Stealth rock.Volt switch is for escaping magnezone.

Metagross@Choice band
    Trait:Clear body
    EVs:252HP/252Atk/4Spe
    Adamant nature
    -Meteor mash
    -Earthquake
    -Bullet punch
    -Pursuit
    CB Metagross is a monster.He can OHKO a lot of pokemon with STAB Meteor mash.Meteor mash also occasionally raises Metagross' attack which is always handy.Earthquake is for coverage and is an awesome move in general.Bullet punch always attacks first and gives Metagross great revenge killing potential.Pursuit chases pokemon who try to escape.

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
    Trait:Guts
    EVs:120HP/252Atk/136Spd
    Brave nature
    -Bulk up
    -Drain punch
    -Mach punch
    -Payback
    Bulk up Conkeldurr is a tank.One Bulk up raises Conkeldurr's attack to a staggering amount and his defence becomes huge aswell.Drain punch is Conkeldurr's only form of healing other than leftovers.Mach punch casts Conkeldurr's speed aside and attacks first,making it great for revenge killing.Payback deals with ghosts and psychics and takes advantage of Conkeldurr's poor speed.

Jellicent@Lum berry
    Trait:Water absorb
    EVs:252HP/216Def/40Spd
    Calm nature
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    -Substitute
    -Scald
    Jellicent is the special sponge and spinblocker of my team.Toxic ruins walls that aren't steel types..Recover makes Jellicent almost indestructible.Substitute protects Jellicent from status..Scald is handy thanks to STAB and a 30% chance to burn.

Mamoswine@Life orb
    Trait:Snow cloak
    EVs:252Atk/4HP/252Spe
    Jolly nature
    -Ice shard
    -Earthquake
    -Icicle crash
    -Stone edge
    Thanks to Firstrate for this suggestion.Mamoswine is my main counter to the genies.Jolly is so he can outspeed threats like heatran and breloom.Ice shard is for faster dragons and finishing weakened foes.Earthquake is Mamoswine's strongest STAB and is simply awesome.Icicle crash is a stronger ice STAB attack.Stone edge forms the EdgeQuake combo.

Starmie@Expert belt
    Trait:Natural cure
    EVs:252Spa/4Spd/252Spe
    Timid nature
    -Hydro pump
    -Ice beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Recover
    Starmie provides brilliant coverage with his 3 attacks.Hydro pump is very powerful when mixed with STAB and life orb.Ice beam deals with dragons and Gliscor.Thunderbolt deals with bulky waters,especially Gyarados who walls this team.Recover is obviously for healing.
    Last edited by mightymetagross; 14th July 2012 at 11:05 PM.

I think, that this team is ok.I'm just going to change Will-o-wisp (volcarona) by Hidden power [Electric/grass]. The ability of volcarona is flame body, the opponent has a 30% chance of being induced with burn when using a physical attack. Jellicent also has the movement and will-o-wisp

Thanks,any more suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by mightymetagross View Post
    This is my first team.Please rate this team and I would appreciate any advice given.

My comments will be in BOLD

Forretress@Leftovers
    Trait:Sturdy
    EVs:252HP/176Def/80Spd
    Relaxed nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rapid Spin
    -Spikes
    -Gyro Ball / Volt Switch
    Forretress is my lead.He basically sets up rocks and spikes while spinning away the opponent's hazards.Stealth rock is amazing.It will make fire types think twice before coming on to fry Forretress and Metagross.Spikes can hit many pokemon that resist Stealth rock.Rapid spin is vital for the team,especially Volcarona who loses half his health from Stealth rock.Gyro ball lets Forretress deal some direct damage
    Leftovers is much better than Sitrus Berry because Lefties give constant recovery while Sitrus Berry only gives one shot recovery. And you might want to change Gyro Ball for Volt Switch so you have a way around Magnezone.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Trait: Thick Fat / Snow Cloak
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Icicle Crash
    Superpower / Stone Edge

Every one one of the three Therian Genies (Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus) can wreck through your team, so replacing Metagross with Mamoswine solves this problem. Mamoswine can also revenge kill the likes of Gengar, Lati@s, and Dragonite, something Metagross cannot do.

Conkeldurr@Leftovers
    Trait:Guts
    EVs:120HP/252Atk/136Spd
    Brave nature
    -Bulk up
    -Drain punch
    -Mach punch
    -Payback
    Bulk up Conkeldurr is a tank.One Bulk up raises Conkeldurr's attack to a staggering amount and his defence becomes huge aswell.Drain punch is Conkeldurr's only form of healing other than leftovers.Mach punch casts Conkeldurr's speed aside and attacks first,making it great for revenge killing.Payback deals with ghosts and psychics and takes advantage of Conkeldurr's poor speed.
    Looks good

Jellicent@Leftovers
    Trait:Water absorb
    EVs:252HP/216Def/40Spd
    Calm nature
    -Toxic
    -Recover
    -Substitute
    -Scald
    Jellicent is the special sponge and spinblocker of my team.Will-o-wisp cripples physical attackers while wearing down their health.Recover makes Jellicent almost indestructible.Taunt ruins defensive pokemon.Scald is handy thanks to STAB and a 30% chance to burn.
    Leftovers is much better because you get passive recovery which is almost required on a defensive Pokemon. To avoid status, Substitute would help you greatly, because you don't run any Speed for Taunt to be useful. You also should run Toxic over will-o-wisp be because you already have a burning move in Scald.

Volcarona@Life Orb
    Trait:Flame body
    EVs:252Spa/4Spd.252Spe
    Modest nature
    -Quiver dance
    -Fiery dance
    -Bug buzz
    -Hidden Power [Rock] / Giga Drain
    Volcarona is my main special sweeper because of his colossal special attack and strong STAB moves.Quiver dance turns Volcarona into a force of nature.Fiery dance is my fire type attack of choice because of the 50% chance of boosting his special attack even further.Bug buzz is another great STAB move.Will-o-wisp will halve the enemy's attack so Volcarona's physical defence won't be so bad after all.
    Expert Belt doesn't help Volcarona because Volcarona never runs a Choice set, so you wouldn't be bluffing anything, and Life Orb provides much more damage output. As for the final slot, Hidden Power Rock hits Fire types that resist your STAB and Giga Drain nails Water types and heals off the Life Orb recoil.

Starmie@Life orb
    Trait:Natural cure
    EVs:252Spa/4Spd/252Spe
    Timid nature
    -Hydro pump
    -Ice beam
    -Thunderbolt / Psyshock
    -Recover
    Starmie provides brilliant coverage with his 3 attacks.Hydro pump is very powerful when mixed with STAB and life orb.Ice beam deals with dragons and Gliscor.Thunderbolt deals with bulky waters,especially Gyarados who walls this team.Recover is obviously for healing.
    This looks fine, though I strongly recommend using Psyshock over Thunderbolt to nail Calm Mind Keldeo hard.
    I hope I helped you! Good luck with your team!

Thanks for the help.

Forretress:I always considered volt switch but chose gyro ball.I forgot about magnezone so yeah i'll change it.

Metagross:Mamoswine is a good idea but I am NOT replacing metagross.I'll find a spot for mamoswine but metagross stays on the team.

Jellicent:Sounds good

Volcarona:I didn't really know what to put as the last move.I can't teach him Giga drain because i don't have black 2 or white 2.It isn't out in my country yet but when i get it,i'll teach him giga drain.In the meantime,i'll go with one of the hidden powers.

Starmie:I'm sticking with thunderbolt for the coverage.

As for the items,conkeldurr already has leftovers and starmie already has life orb.

subdisable gengar can deal some really nice damage to your team try scizor instead of conkelldurr pretty much does the same

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

Quote Originally Posted by hades666 View Post
    subdisable gengar can deal some really nice damage to your team try scizor instead of conkelldurr pretty much does the same
    Metagross and mamoswine can revenge kill him.

oh yeah true that

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

Any more suggestions