Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Animes that just never gets old

Default Animes that just never gets old

Ever seen an anime that you could just watch over and over again, and still be entertaining?

For me, one would be Code Geass. In my opinion its just one of those anime that just has everything and no matter how many times I see it, it never gets boring. From start to finish there wasn't a moment I was not paying attention and the ending was just perfect.

How about you? Any anime in your opinion thats worth watching over again?

Hmm:
    Death Note
    Lucky Star
    Dragonball Z/GT
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    Pokémon (original series)

That's it, probably~

For me:

Gintama
    Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    Mirai Nikki

Shinryaku Ika Musume (Squid Girl)
    Want third season. T_T

Cardcaptor Sakura
    If K-On had these characters instead I could watch the most mundane things and still enjoy it.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

Dragonball (all three of them), and Digimon (especially Tamers) are two such animes that I still love today, and have never gotten bored of.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

ToraDora, Tiger & Bunny, and the first season of Hidamari Sketch are things I have watched more than once and enjoyed as much as the first time.

I would go with Toradora! as well. I find it very rewatchable because it's predominantly character-driven rather than plot-driven, so you can watch it again for the wonderful character interaction even if you know what's coming. In fact, knowing what's coming can give you a different perspective on things. I've rewatched quite a few series, but I think Toradora! is the only one that I've watched three times.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

I speedrun DS Pokémon games. Currently, I speedrun Pokémon White 2, and I've also ran Pokémon Pearl in the past. If you want to see Pokémon games pushed to their limits (or if you want to do so yourself!), check out the Pokémon Speedruns website, and if you want to watch me, catch me on my Twitch channel.

Hellsing, and the Hellsing OVAs. Alucard's character just nevers gets old.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Gurren Lagann. I've seen it seven times and still will watch it again in the future. I'm still baffled how a story can be paced that well.

Nichijou is a great recent anime that I watch clips of on YouTube when I'm bored. The animation's constant changing of style gives it huge rewatchability alone, but the jokes just don't seem to get old (for me anyway).

I rewatch Mirai Nikki a lot. Mainly the first half of the show though. Kinda goes down from there.

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

What you love never gets old to you, end of discussion.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    That is a good way to put it yes. Then there are some anime where you're not given all the details until later, so the rewatch makes you notice the hints given early on. Stuff like Madoka or Steins;Gate or Penguindrum or some 2011 anime I didn't watch.

For me, the only ones I enjoy watching again and again are the Naruto Series, Digimon (especially Tamers and Adventure 02), and the Pokemon Series up to the end of BF.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy95 View Post
    For me, the only ones I enjoy watching again and again are the Naruto Series, Digimon (especially Tamers and Adventure 02), and the Pokemon Series up to the end of BF.
    I wonder if shows with hundreds of episodes can be watched again and again. I mean after the 5th time you'd be tired out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I wonder if shows with hundreds of episodes can be watched again and again. I mean after the 5th time you'd be tired out right?
    You'd be surprised how many times I've watched Tamers through - it has 50 episodes. And besides, I write a lot, so exploring the character's again and again help with my own character development.

You'd be surprised how many times I've watched Tamers through - it has 50 episodes. And besides, I write a lot, so exploring the character's again and again help with my own character development.
    50 episodes isn't really a lot though, sure it's longer than most series but it's really not all that long. I've watched Clannad + After Story 5 times now, and that's close enough to 50 episodes (not to mention multiple playthroughs of the VN).
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I should watch Tamers again sometime, it always was my favourite season.

Like Jolteon said, that's not too long. At least compared to other anime out there. For the inevitable people who say Dragonball Z or Fairy Tail I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Not necessarily true. I love Death Note to death and I can't even watch five minutes of it any more. The same is true for other things, like Harry Potter. Five years ago I had every single Harry Potter book/movie memorized, and now I cringe every time I watch the movies and I can't even bring myself to touch the books.

The only Anime that never gets old for me is Digimon. I have no idea why. It's not necessarily nostalgia because I hate Frontier with a passion and I can still watch it in 2012 without being sickened by the primitive animation.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Not necessarily true. I love Death Note to death and I can't even watch five minutes of it any more. The same is true for other things, like Harry Potter. Five years ago I had every single Harry Potter book/movie memorized, and now I cringe every time I watch the movies and I can't even bring myself to touch the books.
    Excellent point...most likely because it's straight forward and lacks a "fun" feeling.

Slayers (excluding the newer ones), especially Next. Slayers Next is just so amazing that I'm sad that the creator didn't do more with LoN or the mazoku in general.
    Digimon Adventure. It's always so amazing at how good Adventure can be before it gets ruined with the final arc and 02.
    Gash Bell. Even though the anime is inferior to the manga in a few of ways, I just love what the anime does when it gets the chance. Another good anime that is ruined with it's ending.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Slayers (excluding the newer ones), especially Next. Slayers Next is just so amazing that I'm sad that the creator didn't do more with LoN or the mazoku in general.
    I agree with this 100% I friggin' love Slayers and Next is hands down my favourite season. I've been rewatching the series on my DVD box set I bought and I'm so happy to be on season 2.

The series suggested in this thread made me realize that it's definitely the tone of the series that determines its longevity. Darker series are less rewatchable, while light-hearted adventure series never get old.

It also explains why I can read/watch Dragon Ball over and over again while Dragon Ball Z bores me.

The series suggested in this thread made me realize that it's definitely the tone of the series that determines its longevity. Darker series are less rewatchable, while light-hearted adventure series never get old.

It also explains why I can read/watch Dragon Ball over and over again while Dragon Ball Z bores me.
    Great theory, now I'm wondering if there's an exception to the rule.

I have one.

Really? I adore the Hellsing manga and can keep reading it over and over again.

Madoka, I've re-watched it four times since I got the BDs.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast