Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Animes that just never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    The series suggested in this thread made me realize that it's definitely the tone of the series that determines its longevity. Darker series are less rewatchable, while light-hearted adventure series never get old.

It also explains why I can read/watch Dragon Ball over and over again while Dragon Ball Z bores me.
    I'd like to think it differs from person to person but you might be on something here.

I mean like someone said, Death note... I've seen it and its pretty good although I don't even think about watching it again. I guess the suspense of death note is what drove the series to its popularity, once that's gone the story isn't as entertaining.

Remember the days.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I agree with this 100% I friggin' love Slayers and Next is hands down my favourite season. I've been rewatching the series on my DVD box set I bought and I'm so happy to be on season 2.
    I need to get Funi's box set, so I have a reason to rewatch this show. Out of curiosity, did you like Try or (Re)Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    The series suggested in this thread made me realize that it's definitely the tone of the series that determines its longevity. Darker series are less rewatchable, while light-hearted adventure series never get old.

It also explains why I can read/watch Dragon Ball over and over again while Dragon Ball Z bores me.
    This applies to me as well, sorta. I can watch things that are funny a lot more than anything dark or serious. For example, with shows like Slayers and YYH, I tend to rewatch the episodes that are funny than the darker/serious ones where they fight the big bad.

I agree with Alfon, you may be on to something.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 5th July 2012 at 9:26 AM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    What you love never gets old to you, end of discussion.
    Not always true. That's why I didn't mention Cowboy Bebop. As much as I love it, I got sick of it when Adult Swim refused to change it out of the rotation for years.
    Are you a fan of Magical Girls?
    Share your love of Sailor Moon, Precure, Madoka Magica and all your favorite defenders of love and justice at Magical Girl Cafe!

Quote Originally Posted by RLinksoul View Post
    Not always true. That's why I didn't mention Cowboy Bebop. As much as I love it, I got sick of it when Adult Swim refused to change it out of the rotation for years.
    see response to such on first page

However, in this case, such isn't as applicable. Stuff gets annoying when it's shoved down your throat. Note to you idiots out there, you can choke on sweets too.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    I need to get Funi's box set, so I have a reason to rewatch this show. Out of curiosity, did you like Try or (Re)Evolution?
    I got my box set signed by Veronica Taylor, she was so nice!

And of course I did! It's Slayers!
    ...and a toilet seat cover.

Yu Yu Hakusho. This is my 12th time finishing a run on it. I'm on episode 36. To give you a heads up, the anime has 112 episodes. I suffer from YYH addiction honestly.

I'm starting to watch Bleach again now that the anime is finished for the moment. I should finish my backlog though lol.

I've rewatched DBZ so many times it's not even funny.

Yu Yu Hakusho comes straight to mind, but I never get tired of FMAB.

The first anime that instantly comes to my mind is the second season of dinosaur king. Unlike most people, I can stand the bad CGI and get into the storyline. seen it 3 times and still not bored.

A close second is any studio ghibli film ever made. I could watch spirited away 5 times in one day and still not be bored.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

I started watching anime during Fall 2011 so I can't say I've rewatched many things yet. The only thing I've ever rewatched was Code Geass and I've only seen it twice. But I plan to rewatch my top anime this Winter!

Quote Originally Posted by h8on-me View Post
    The first anime that instantly comes to my mind is the second season of dinosaur king. Unlike most people, I can stand the bad CGI and get into the storyline. seen it 3 times and still not bored.

A close second is any studio ghibli film ever made. I could watch spirited away 5 times in one day and still not be bored.
    I agree with this, the part about Ghibli films I mean, not Dinosaur King. Although I wouldn't say any Ghibli film, definitely not Grave of the Fireflies.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

'Ghost Hunt' Is one of those anime for me. No matter how much I watch it I can't get sick of it. I blame the atmosphere. I really hope they make more, I know they had a longer manga than the anime (As is almost always the case) and they left it at a place that could be picked up, so my dream shall stand strong. ;3

Until then *Re-watches*

One Piece. 600 and more episodes and still extremely entertaining

To me it's:
    Pokemon
    Hetalia
    Sgt.Frog

>w<

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
    I usually prefer manga but fmab is one of the ones i can watch over and over and never get bored of it.
    Pokemon Black friend code:
    1592 9404 9482

Pokemon Soul Silver friend code:
    4642 3677 7945

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/6stovm.jpg[/IMG]

Credit goes to Northern Lights for these awesome badges!

I love Bleach it is one of my favorite Animes ever (but sometimes i get tired of the pointless arcs -_-).
    B FC-2366
    2182 3585

For me it has to be Bleach and Fairy Tail!
    FC: 0390 5020 7907 Andrew
    If you wanna win some cool pokemon go to: http://forums.pokemonplus.net/index....rrals&reff=470
    tell them EpicWhiskers refered you!

Spoiler:- My Precious Pokemon! :

Ugh boy...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Clannad
    Angel Beats
    Myself; Yourself

Durarara and it's run on gag with Izia!
    3DS Friend Code: 3652-1012-6122 Add me.
    "I wouldn't just call the police, I would call the police." SomeLikeItHoth
    This is why I love Gamefaqs lol.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...mon-x/68277484

Dragonball, Nichijou, Azumanga Daioh and Carnival Phantasm. I can still have fun watching these regardless of if ive seen them before or not. Things like Death Note are far better first time around.

Detective Conan is an anime I can watch countless times and still have a great experience. I suppose since it gets you thinking, well if you get into it like I do at least. I've watched all the English dub episodes multiple times and a few dozen several times. I also like to rewatch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's a great anime that surprises me each time I watch with how good it is.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I can still watch Digimon Tamers is one of the few shows that I saw back in my early days that I still watch and enjoy without cringing. I can still watch Dragonball til this day even though it is far from flawless but so did many of those shows. I just watch and accept it for what it is. I have many others but those didn't come til later.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    :: deviantART | Tumblr | Hummingbird | YouTube ::

Na-Ru-To! Uzumaki Barrage! ........ Naruto, my answers Naruto.

G Gundam and Ranma 1/2!

They will never get old in my world. I absolutely love those two anime.
    Pokemon Shipper since the early 2000's!

Deviantart --> INNOCENTFATE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast