Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Earthbound'/MOTHER

Red face 'Earthbound'/MOTHER

CALLING ALL EARTHBOUND/MOTHER FANS!!! XD I figured maybe i'd start a topic about it.....I suppose. *blink* a serebii.net mother suboard would be nice but oh well, i guess other forums could also bring you that luxary....

I liked Earthbound best. The music was awwwesome in the whole series.....

Also, I used to have dreams based around the games XD

I miss Moonside and the 'Mr. Saturns'. XD The characters were all great, too But Pokey=jerk.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

How in the heck did you even ignore the Nintendo board?

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

3DS FRIEND CODE: 3351 5245 7342
    PM me once you have my Friend Code! =D
    "Flawless pokemon aren't the best. Its your favorite pokemon that truly shine." -Earthbounded

I'm so ridiculously weird. *rolls eyes in a sassy way*

White Friend Code: 0862 2564 3847

White 2

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    How in the heck did you even ignore the Nintendo board?

I forgot about the Nintendo board. 0__o; No wonder this toke awile to get posts in...(MODs, please move this thread! xD; )

This thread was kinda started to find some friends for Earthbounded, he's cool

I haven't really played the games since 2010.

I used to talk about them with my friend Izzy a lot. XD;

I loved Earthbound! It's a really, really fun game to play and has a lot of funny stuff in it ^^ Enemies are just hilarious
    I still have to play Mother 3, the translated version does not run on a certain DS card.

I made a Mr Saturn plushie btw shortly after finishing the game [link]
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Never played any games from the MOTHER/Earthbound series but after seeing the games and hearing the music I wish I did.
    NNID:RainbowKirby (StarKirby) 3DS Friend Code:1349-4661-3134 AC:New Leaf Dream Suite:4500-2347-0072

^ Escheria, we should totally be friends, and, I have a whole suboard for Earthbound/MOTHER in genneral on my friend's forum if you wanna check that out sometime. XD

ShinyZorua: Earthbound's a fun game, I think you should play it sometime. :3 It's good for quick laughs and the characters are just plain lovable (unless your porky...he's kinda a jerkarse for real :P but that make's him a great vilian, I guess...*shrug*).

EDIT; Awww~ that Mr. Saturn plushie is adorable~ ^_^
    Last edited by Trioxhydre; 5th July 2012 at 8:53 PM.

What do you think of all the cultural references in EB? It's quite breaking the fourth wall

My favourite ones are the yellow submarine and the monty python's flying circus theme at the very beginning of the game

^ OMG! Wow! I totally forgot the Yellow Submerine ref but now it's coming back to me. XD ^

That song was incredable and The Beatles sure were brave guys for their time....

Nice those days are slooowly returning (not in the same, less legal way, of course..) hopefully this time for good.

XD;

Also...the Run Away Five was kinda a neat ref, too.

Run Away Five, hahaha *facepalm at those guys*

You do know you're quite inspiring me to replay the game again? Last time I played it was at least a year ago. It has to go on the replay queue after I am done with Sapphire and Mystery Dungeon. No time for console games while I am back home, so anything I can play on my DSlite will be (re)played.. maybe also give A Link to the Past another spin too?

^ Cool I wanna re-download earthbound sometime, and, try to re-patch mother 3 (even though that game was rather.... sad :/ yea rly lol)

Glad to hear i'm inspiring you! And, your Pit signature is adorable, by the way (umn that wasn't on topic...).

My favorite was Mother 3.It had a great storyline,it was funny and the final boss left me in tears.The music was great,the characters had personality,and overall I loved it more than the other 2.

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

A shame Mother 3 didn't work on my DS (unlike EB), because I love to play various games on my DSLite. I could tell more, but the forum rules do not allow discussions of game rips and means of playing them.

I would love to get a retail copy of EarthBound, since I have an American SNES here (living in EU) and would be able to play it ^_^ Also want Super Metroid. Better save up money, because those games are expensive to import :/

I sadly do not have the SNES, so I never played Earthbound in my entire life. I am a sad, sad person because of it. I feel I do not deserve to be in the Nintendo fandom due to it being neglected in my childhood.

I have heard only good things about it, and it makes me yearn for the game even more.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I sadly do not have the SNES, so I never played Earthbound in my entire life. I am a sad, sad person because of it. I feel I do not deserve to be in the Nintendo fandom due to it being neglected in my childhood.

I have heard only good things about it, and it makes me yearn for the game even more.
    You're not the only one. I was born in 1998 so I never knew about it (or the SNES as a whole) until I saw videos of MOTHER 3/Earthbound on Youtube during 2007. In fact when I asked my mom about owning a SNES, she told me that she used to own one but she sold it (I dunno why).

@Escheria: I ABSOLUTELY loved hearing the Monty Python's Flying Circus theme at the beginning. Something about that theme reminds me of all the times I used to spend with my siblings when I was little. I also loved listening to the Sky Runner's theme.
    NNID:RainbowKirby (StarKirby) 3DS Friend Code:1349-4661-3134 AC:New Leaf Dream Suite:4500-2347-0072

Earthbound carts are at least $100 these days, sometimes over $200. And there's a lot of fakes running around. If you're looking to buy one, read this.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Holy Palutena! That's way too pricy for my pocket. Way too pricy.. I am not a game collector, so I am not willing to spend that much money on a game.

Then again, a Super Metroid PAL cart for 600$. As much as I love SM, I don't want to buy such an expensive pack.

To any one else who wants to buy a copy of Earthbound, you might want to take Hejiru's warning about fake copies into notice. I found that pirated copies can activate some of the anti-piracy mechanisms in the game by making it less fun to play (by spawning a LOT of enemies in the game) to outright making it impossible to finsh the game itself (this only happens if your copy managed to bypass all other mechanisms without fail) by freezing your game when the 2nd part of the final battle happens and then deleting ALL save files after resetting the game.

Holy crap, I actually heard about how expensive they've become these days, but DAMN o_o. Maybe it's a good thing I don't have a SNES after all...? I don't know, something tells me my dad might've picked one up, if not Super Metroid, if he had an SNES.

Then again, we have the NES, and Dad never got Metroid...
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I am amazed how complicated the copyright measurements are for EarthBound! So glad they don't do this in modern games o_o

If any one wants to see one of the anti-piracy mechanisms in action here is the video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyoV1bkXNI&

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyZorua28 View Post
    If any one wants to see one of the anti-piracy mechanisms in action here is the video link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmyoV1bkXNI&
    Wow, that is awful. Though perhaps it was for the best since the bootleg may have ended up doing something horrific with the final battle. (You never know, they can be jerks like that.)

Unless it was always there as punishment to players who buy bootleg copies? No, that's not right. Inexperienced gamers don't know the difference between bootlegs and real copies.

Anyway, that makes me want to watch a Let's Play of the game since chances are very high I'll never be able to see a physical copy. Lucky for me, one exists. *goes to watch*
    I survived Pupa.

Like the mainstream Final Fantasy titles, the Mother series bores me to death. No offence to those who love either franchises.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I love Earthbound and Mother 3. They're two of my most favorite RPGs ever.
    And I did play Mother/Earthbound Zero on the NES, but I just couldn't really play it properly so I never really got far.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyZorua28 View Post
    This made me laugh. Yeah, yeah, it sucks that it erases the saves of those that don't know it's bootleg (but then again, who'd buy a SNES cartridge these days anyway (probably those retro nuts and a few other people)) and it's bad and evil and whatever (not really), but I can't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Wolf View Post
    This made me laugh. Yeah, yeah, it sucks that it erases the saves of those that don't know it's bootleg (but then again, who'd buy a SNES cartridge these days anyway (probably those retro nuts and a few other people)) and it's bad and evil and whatever (not really), but I can't help it.
    I must be a retro nut then. I actually bought the game before it raises its price to be twice more. $100 was good enough. I really wanted a legit copy of the game.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast