Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Earthbound'/MOTHER

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Can we just get the entire series on one disc for the Wii U in HD? Just do that please.
    Why HD? The graphics are fine as they were. How much can you render this game?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Why HD? The graphics are fine as they were. How much can you render this game?
    Because I want to see if I can comprehend the true form of Giygas's attack in HD.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Any sort of release would be nice, but I'd really hope it's available on 3DS/eShop.

(Then again, I'm fairly sure they could port any SNES game to the 3DS eShop.)
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    (Then again, I'm fairly sure they could port any SNES game to the 3DS eShop.)
    Yeah, if they can release Gameboy games, SNES shouldn't be a problem at all.

So anyway, yeah, this is exciting news! I hope that Earthbound (and *gasp* maybe even Mother 3?!?!??!) sees the light of day. While I'm still alive.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

I'm a HUGE Mother fan, so allow me to get fanboyish for a moment.

This is a ridiculous hope, but I'm hoping for:
    *Mother 1, 2, 3 Compilation on 3DS
    *Released worldwide
    *Mother 1 receives a new translation, using all the same names as Mato's translation (meaning Giygas, not Giegue)
    *Mother 2 receives a new translation, retaining all the EarthBound names, except Pokey should be changed to Porky
    *Mother 3 receives an official English translation, retaining continuity with the new M1 and M2 translations, and unlike Mato's translation, there are no "engrish" sounding people/places, meaning names like Murasaki Forest and Kumatora would receive more English-friendly names
    *Mother 2 will NOT be called EarthBound, they should just pretend it was always called Mother 2 (which is true in Japan's case)
    *Mother 3 will NOT be called EarthBound 2

Ridiculous to hope for, but a man can dream...
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I'm clinging onto the small hope of an eshop release. I've only been able to play the Earthbound games on emulators, and I want to play it for real! There's a copy of it down at my local thrift shop, but it's $200.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I really hope this means Mother 1-3 remakes. I can't bring myself to replay Mother on the NES anymore. I liked it when I played it again, sure, but good grief. It looks so lifeless and terrible. Even compared to other NES games.

I couldn't play Earthbound for more than one hour. Those battles were too boring. It needed some animations on.

I hope they will re-release it, being born in 1999, I never got to play any of them, but I have watched lets plays of all three games and want to play them myself.
    Thanks Chapter of Charizard for the userbar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123