Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

Bulbapedia has it down as Headbutt.

Dawn's Piplup is revealed to know Headbutt while Ash's Oshawott learns Hydro Pump.

They seriously made him use Headbutt in one episode, just so he gets knocked out for a moment like Oshawott just to make the paralel?

It uses Headbutt, yes but it also learns another move later.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    It uses Headbutt, yes but it also learns another move later.
    So basicly, he learned Headbutt and had to forget something then possibly forgot Headbutt and learned that new move that looks like Water Pulse.

So what did he forget? since we saw him use 4 new moves already aswell as Bublebeam and Hydro Pump that he already had.

Well both the new moves which Piplup used in this episode are still in doubt. We have to wait to get confirmation by people who were able to properly hear the name.

As far as what i understood, the first new move which Piplup, it was Dawn who told it to use. So, that means like Cilans Pansage, Dawn's Piplup also has 5 moves which it uses (but only a max of 4 gets shown each episode).

And the second one, if i remember right, i think Iris said some thing related to bubble.

It's kind of weird that it learns (or is revealed to know) 2 different moves in one episode without an evolution or anything.

Edit@ Lucario at Service, don't forget that Piplup also has Whirlpool.

- Bubblebeam
    - Whirlpool
    - Ice Beam
    - Drillpeck
    - Huge bubble (new animation for Whirlpool perhaps then?)
    - Bashing attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    WTF Oshawott just upgraded Water Gun to Hydro Pump apparently, poor Palpitoad.

What was the move Piplup used? 3 new moves wow.

Shiny Onix appears and makes the others stop.

Well this was a nice episode for both Piplup and Oshawott atleast, I'm glad their rivalry led to something even though I would have prefer Oshawott to learn something else but the upgrade makes sense(even though Palpitoad has the move).
    1. Drill Peck
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Mysterious Water attack that looks like a gigantic Water Pulse
    4. A bashing attack? Did it have tackle?

I'm expecting Palpitoad to get Muddy Water now. There's no other option that makes sense. Boldore forgot Stone Edge once Krokorok got on the team, so they will probably opt for a new move here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N.) View Post
    OMG I MISSED THIS!!! WHY D; anything shocking that happened in this episode?
    Just Oshawott and Piplup learning new moves, Piplup maybe even got two... And otherwise the episode was pretty fun to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Hey didn't the device that TR launched into the ocean at the end look like the DNA Link Pin from B2W2 games.
    Dunno, have to rewatch to be certain...

Quote Originally Posted by IcySealeo View Post
    Pretty lame that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump... Now Palpitoad is useless...
    Now, Palpitoad needs development even more is what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    Except Piplup doesn't learn water pulse so it must of been something else.
    4th Gen...

We were pretty positive with that shot of Ash's Pokémon at the end of the opening.
    If so, then Palpitoad has a very, very grim future.. It kinda needs to learn two new moves now in order to get a full moveset... For other instances look at how Boldore learned Rock Blast and forgot Stone Edge around the time Krokorok got caught.

I'm betting at least Muddy Water now, and perhaps Venoshock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    It gets Water Pulse from Gen 4 but that's it...

There's only one choice then: Water Pledge. But it doesn't look anything like Fire Pledge. The other Water moves don't really fit the look of that move.

EDIT: It could be Brine too.
    Didn't Brycen's Beartic use Brine? Didn't it look different?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Here are a few pics,

Last edited by Lucario At Service; 5th July 2012 at 1:24 PM.

It's sad.

The magnemite in this episode was COMPLETELY random, and yet for whatever idiotic reason we're getting another magnemite (not as random as the one in this episode) in the dragonite episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It's sad.

The magnemite in this episode was COMPLETELY random, and yet for whatever idiotic reason we're getting another magnemite (not as random as the one in this episode) in the dragonite episode.
    Why is that sad? How many times did the Magnemite line get any love? And for all we might know, the Magnemite in the Dragonite episode might be the same!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Oh god, that item looks like the DNA link, if the cubical part extends and joins with the sharp end, you get it?

And also Lucario At Service...how did you get the high res pics...:x

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    And also Lucario At Service...how did you get the high res pics...:x
    There are some japanese image posting site which upload pics from an episode as soon as they air. I got them from there (direct linking from that site is not allowed here though).

Edit: Episode pics are up on filb,

http://www.filb.de/anime/bw2/003
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 5th July 2012 at 1:31 PM.

I have seen the episode, more or less. I can't believe the writers have wasted another good chance to add a good Pokemon to the main cast's teams. Do you think we will see the Onix's Island and the Shiny Onix again in a future episode? I mean, I think it was very curious that the Shiny Onix was awakened by Meloetta's song. It could have a significance for something in the future. I can always be wrong, but hey!, hope is the last thing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    I have seen the episode, more or less. I can't believe the writers have wasted another good chance to add a good Pokemon to the main cast's teams. Do you think we will see the Onix's Island and the Shiny Onix again in a future episode? I mean, I think it was very curious that the Shiny Onix was awakened by Meloetta's song. It could have a significance for something in the future. I can always be wrong, but hey!, hope is the last thing to lose.
    I doubt it's a sign of a return to Oniix Island, but rather a possible clue as to what Team Rocket's plan is involving Meloetta.

Pirouette Meloetta's debut was awesome! Plus Osha + Pip with new attacks? Great!

Damn, Dawn, I DON'T NEED more one person on this "kodomo ne" crap (to be fair, Ash is stupid enough here to deserve a "kodomo ne", but, "dual kodomo ne"? Argh...).

Sadly, with oshawott learning hydro pump, I think it's obivous it won't be a dewott+samurott in a long, looooong time.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

It's just poor that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump in this episode. Not only Oshawott, but all of Ash's starter pokemon in Unova need some diversity. Piplup has a great moveset. I think Oshawott deserves something better than tackle and three water type moves. Same with Snivy and Tepig. If Oshawott got revenge or ice beam, snivy aerial ace, double team or even coil and piggy got arm thrust or brick break it would've been much better than the existing moveset.
    Black 2 team:

Quote Originally Posted by ThaVega View Post
    It's just poor that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump in this episode. Not only Oshawott, but all of Ash's starter pokemon in Unova need some diversity. Piplup has a great moveset. I think Oshawott deserves something better than tackle and three water type moves. Same with Snivy and Tepig. If Oshawott got revenge or ice beam, snivy aerial ace, double team or even coil and piggy got arm thrust or brick break it would've been much better than the existing moveset.
    While I agree with what you say about him needing variety I'm just happy that he did learn a new move, and a powerful one at that.

looks like it could be hydro cannon piplup is using

While I agree with what you say about him needing variety I'm just happy that he did learn a new move, and a powerful one at that.
    Well now we just need for Oshawott to drop Tackle and Aqua Jet (Shell Blade a.k.a Razor Shell is kind of its signature attack like Leaf Blade is for Sceptile so it should not drop it) and learn something else like Blizzard or Icy Wind and Night Slash.

Where as Palpitoad should drop Hydro Pump in favour of another water type attack like Muddy Water or Surf.

But with Oshawott learning Hydro Pump, the chances of it learning Water Pledge has decreased, unless the writers decide to give it 5 moves to use (which it can use alternately) like Cilan's Pansage.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 5th July 2012 at 3:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well now we just need for Oshawott to drop Tackle and Aqua Jet (Shell Blade a.k.a Razor Shell is kind of its signature attack like Leaf Blade is for Sceptile so it should not drop it) and learn something else like Blizzard or Icy Wind and Night Slash.

Where as Palpitoad should drop Hydro Pump in favour of another water type attack like Muddy Water or Surf.

But with Oshawott learning Hydro Pump, the chances of it learning Water Pledge has decreased, unless the writers decide to give it 5 moves to use (which it can use alternately) like Cilan's Pansage.
    I totally agree, Ash already has Oshawott as his water-type so Palpitoad shouldn't rely on water moves, I'd much rather see it with Muddy Water instead of Hydro Pump because of the secondary effect. Also I wanted Oshawott to learn Water Pledge but only if Snivy learnt Grass Pledge it as well, if not then I'd much rather see Hydro Pump.

Ideal Palpitoad moveset (If it never evolves)

Muddy Water/Scald
    Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    Earth Power/Bulldoze
    Hyper Voice/Hidden Power

Man. From the looks of it, they really piled on the fanservice with Dawn in this episode.

Also,its pretty awesome Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. Its about time his Pokemon started getting new, powerful moves.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Oshawott learning Hydro Pump is crap! I was honestly thinking it would learn Ice Beam from Piplup and not Hydro Pump. And did Dawn really think that a Headbutt would work on an Onix? -.- This at least should give Palpitoad a little development...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

And there you go at the people who thought Ash would catch an Onix, lol.

Stupid idea from the get-go.

Seen the pictures, looks interesting enough to me. Piplup and Oshawott got new moves, didn't really expect that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizardon View Post
    And there you go at the people who thought Ash would catch an Onix, lol.

Stupid idea from the get-go.
    Hmm. I never thought that would pass either. I kind of figured it would be just a stupid filler. And complaints about Piplup's moves is so normal in these forums. But it would be nice it Piplup learned a move better mover. Prehaps an ice one.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast