Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

Oshawott basically upgraded Water Gun. Alright... why Hydro Pump? That's Palpitoad's "finisher" move. Poor thing. I was hoping he would learn Ice Beam.

Also I think that water bubble atatck was juist Piplup using "Bubblebeam" to make one huge water bubble, not a new move. Although i could be wrong. Lol Piplup's new Headbutt is useless.

Piplup's Moveset is?
    [ Bubblebeam ] [ Hydro Pump ] [ Drill Peck ] [ Ice Beam ] [ Headbutt ] (which one did it replace in favor of Headbutt?)

Oshawott's is...
    [ Hydro Pump ] [ Razor Shell ] [ Aqua Jet ] [ Tackle / Water Gun ]

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Man. From the looks of it, they really piled on the fanservice with Dawn in this episode.
    This I am perfectly fine with <3. /killed. xD

But in anycase, damnit, I didn't get to see it through keyhole cause my dad found me up, why is that I when I finally get the ability too, I get cut off? ;_;...xD So instead I used the pictures. xD

Looks like the episode was alot of just...fun. I like that, alot accually, It feels refereshing. That might be dawn, but for once I don't think my bias for her is the main reason for this, I just feel giddy wathcing this. <3.

and I'm going to say that the bubble like move that piplup used looks like the bubble assist in ranger 1, and I cna't think of anything else, I'll just wait I guess. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by UnbelievableUrsula View Post
    Hmm. I never thought that would pass either. I kind of figured it would be just a stupid filler. And complaints about Piplup's moves is so normal in these forums. But it would be nice it Piplup learned a move better mover. Prehaps an ice one.
    Piplup already has Ice Beam. You want him to learn another Ice-type attack? I was really hoping for Oshawott to learn Ice Beam instead of Hydro Pump.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

I was afraid this would happen, Iris and Dawn both calling Ash a kid. I was hoping that Dawn wouldn't be onboard with that sort of thing, as i recall that she had teensy bit more respect for Ash (as she had less experience then he did, a lot less). Now as i wait for the next episode, that part of the episode will haunt my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by srebak View Post
    I was afraid this would happen, Iris and Dawn both calling Ash a kid. I was hoping that Dawn wouldn't be onboard with that sort of thing, as i recall that she had teensy bit more respect for Ash (as she had less experience then he did, a lot less). Now as i wait for the next episode, that part of the episode will haunt my mind.
    I don't think its a result of a lack of respect, its just fun to tease someone, I can call some of my friends little kids, and still have a ton of respect for them. (Besides, what are most shoenon (excuse my spelling lol) protaginists these days? XD)

Though if you don't like it, I can completely understand, I found it cute the first time, but I don't want them changing ash and dawns dynamic too much just because iris is here, a little change, epscially cause its fun, is fine, but I don't think I'm going to be liking it is dawn starts stepping up on calling him again.

then agian, these are two girls we're talking about, and I've been in a conversation with my ex and one other girl, she went from cutely hugging me to teasing me about silly stuff the entire time (tis was kinda annoying), I'm actually not that surprised =_=...XD. (No offense to her, but its true. lol).
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 5th July 2012 at 5:54 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Gotta say, we were all right about that last Onix being Shiny...just sucks no one caught it. Oh well XD

Oshawott's Water Gun upgraded? to Hydro Pump...oh no
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

So Oshawott learned Hydro Pump? Talk about reductive. I love Oshawott, but he deserved a better move. I also feel kind of bad for Palpitoad, but it's not my fault nor Oshawott's fault that the writers neglect the poor toad. Anyway, it seems that other Onix was special in the end, so I guess most people were right about that. Still, Ash didn't capture Onix (just as my sisters and I predicted), so I'd say we're all even.

If this is anything like DP, Brock may not be making an appearance in BW2, Max was mentioned in a flashback similar to Brock today, but hey, anythings possible!
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Is Dawn wearing a new piece of swimwear? Also why are Tynamo's in the water? Yeah, Brock gets a mention!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    If this is anything like DP, Brock may not be making an appearance in BW2, Max was mentioned in a flashback similar to Brock today, but hey, anythings possible!
    Brock's VA actually retired from the show though, which is why all his Pokemon roles were also written out.

If Brock does appear it probably won't be till much later on as a doctor for only like 2 episodes or something.

Keep in mind that when characters are planned to appear, the writers usually don't show them at all till they do. Dawn wasn't mentioned or shown at all in BW1 till she appeared, and May wasn't mentioned at all in early DP until she appeared.

But like you said, Max/Misty got references in DP and they never returned with a speaking role, and now Brock got one in BW...which probably implies the same.

I don't know why the writers think this, but this is how they work. Its better for a character not to be referenced at all because that means they get a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Brock's VA actually retired from the show though, which is why all his Pokemon roles were also written out.
    But Yuuji Ueda returned to voice Sonansu in this: http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.co.uk/...earch-for.html
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Seriously? People are complaning that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. I must be watching a different show, because Pokemon sharing moves is nothing new

- Most of Ash's Pokemon carry Quick Attack

- ALL of his Fire types know Flamethower

- 4 of his Pokmeon currently know Hyper Beam

Seriously. People whine about the most asinine things here. So what if Palpitoad and Oshawott both have Hydro Pump? Doesn't mean he will use Palipitoad any less because of it.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Seriously? People are complaning that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. I must be watching a different show, because Pokemon sharing moves is nothing new
    Ash's Squirtle was the only one of his water Pokemon to know Hydro Pump though.

Totodile was too weak, and Corphish and Buizel simply had different battle styles.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Also why are Tynamo's in the water?

Because it's an eel?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't know why the writers think this, but this is how they work. Its better for a character not to be referenced at all because that means they get a comeback.
    If you're also speaking in terms of Pokemon on the show, this isn't always how they work. Remember that back in Hoenn, Ash briefly mentioned his Phanpy in Date Expectations which actually turned out to be some nice foreshadowing for its return and evolution in the Battle Frontier saga.

I am naturally over the moon that Brock has finally been mentioned in BW. It's a shame that it took this long for older characters to be mentioned, but if this is a sign of things to come then I think that I can slightly start enjoying Best Wishes.
    Last edited by Blazing Charmander; 5th July 2012 at 7:29 PM.

- Most of Ash's Pokemon carry Quick Attack

- ALL of his Fire types know Flamethower

- 4 of his Pokmeon currently know Hyper Beam

Seriously. People whine about the most asinine things here. So what if Palpitoad and Oshawott both have Hydro Pump? Doesn't mean he will use Palipitoad any less because of it.
    It's not the fact that they share move, its what move they share.
    Hydro Pump is Palpitoad's strongest move. Also, Oshawott did not need yet another water move. If anything it should have copied Piplup's Ice Beam.

So, what did they say about Brock?
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Brock cameo? In an Onix episode of all times?.. Bravo Poke'writers, I'm beginning to warm up to you again.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Meloetta's transformation looked like something pulled out of Sailor Moon.

Does anybody have a .gif of it?
    --------------------------------------------------
    My album of pictures from around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    So, what did they say about Brock?
    Dawn was commenting about Brock due to Cilan being the one cooking meals now and how it reminds her of Brock's cooking.

I'm surprised that people are actually glad that Brock was mentioned; I thought everyone loved his replacement (Cilan) because he "has a personality." It's funny how Brock's cameo made the episode for some people; it's even funnier when you realize that these are the same people who were looking forward to the episode because of a Pokemon like Onix.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm surprised that people are actually glad that Brock was mentioned; I thought everyone loved his replacement (Cilan) because he "has a personality." It's funny how Brock's cameo made the episode for some people; it's even funnier when you realize that these are the same people who were looking forward to the episode because of a Pokemon like Onix.
    You can like both Cilan and Brock at the same time though and because people are used to Brock with him having been in 12/13 seasons before Best Wishes then people are obviously going to be used to him a lot more than characters like Dawn/May. A flashback is kind of nice for the writers to chuck in there.

It seems like I might finally enjoy BW to a considerable extent due to these BW2 episodes.

Will you ever comment on the actual episode in the episode discussion thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DMerle View Post
    You can like both Cilan and Brock at the same time though and because people are used to Brock with him having been in 12/13 seasons before Best Wishes then people are obviously going to be used to him a lot more than characters like Dawn/May. A flashback is kind of nice for the writers to chuck in there.
    Except most people started bashing Brock the minute we got rid of him. It's just strange that people are suddenly glad that Brock was mentioned, especially after all that has changed. However, I do give the writers credit for mentioning him in an Onix episode. At least it was relevant to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Will you ever comment on the actual episode in the episode discussion thread?
    Already did, sweetie. It would behoove you to do a little research before you duck-walk your way into my business.

Except most people started bashing Brock the minute we got rid of him. It's just strange that people are suddenly glad that Brock was mentioned, especially after all that has changed. However, I do give the writers credit for mentioning him in an Onix episode. At least it was relevant to the situation.
    mentioned≠overstaying his welcome

Already did, sweetie. It would behoove you to do a little research before you duck-walk your way into my business.
    Sorry for momentarily tarnishing the pristine image you have here at PAD.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast