Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Brock's VA actually retired from the show though, which is why all his Pokemon roles were also written out.

If Brock does appear it probably won't be till much later on as a doctor for only like 2 episodes or something.

Keep in mind that when characters are planned to appear, the writers usually don't show them at all till they do. Dawn wasn't mentioned or shown at all in BW1 till she appeared, and May wasn't mentioned at all in early DP until she appeared.

But like you said, Max/Misty got references in DP and they never returned with a speaking role, and now Brock got one in BW...which probably implies the same.

I don't know why the writers think this, but this is how they work. Its better for a character not to be referenced at all because that means they get a comeback.
    Oh please Cyber, last week you made a big deal about Brock not even being mentioned and now when he is mentioned, you try to make excuses for it. Please stop!

Your point, being? Brock getting a reference doesn't mean he'll actually show up. Its the same thing as when Misty was mentioned via the lure in DP yet she never actually appeared in any of DP's episodes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock later on at some point, but as of right now there's no reason to assume he will appear.

Still makes it idiotic to be complaining about movesets.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Your point, being? Brock getting a reference doesn't mean he'll actually show up. Its the same thing as when Misty was mentioned via the lure in DP yet she never actually appeared in any of DP's episodes.

I wouldn't mind seeing Brock later on at some point, but as of right now there's no reason to assume he will appear.
    Who said he'll appear? Even I know he won't. Just found it funny that he did end up being mentioned after you made a big deal about him being not. That's all

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Seriously? People are complaning that Oshawott learned Hydro Pump. I must be watching a different show, because Pokemon sharing moves is nothing new

- Most of Ash's Pokemon carry Quick Attack

- ALL of his Fire types know Flamethower

- 4 of his Pokmeon currently know Hyper Beam

Seriously. People whine about the most asinine things here. So what if Palpitoad and Oshawott both have Hydro Pump? Doesn't mean he will use Palipitoad any less because of it.
    Well the reason most people complain about it is because that even though there are a lot of water type moves to be used, the writers are only stuck using the standard ones (like Water Gun or Hydro Pump and in some cases Bubblebeam or Aqua Jet) for Ash's water type pokemons. Also the fact that Oshawott already had 3 water type moves before and with Hydro Pump replacing Water Gun, it doesn't change his moveset that much (since the only other move it has is Tackle).

And we all now that if we take all of Ash's pokemon till now into account, that there are many who have a common move (i really hate it that the writers are stuck with Flamethrower for all of Ash's fire types, i mean there are so many other moves like Fire Blast or Heat Wave or the new ones like Incinerate which they can use, but no they have to use that).

Back in DP we had 2 of Ash Sinnoh pokemon using the same move (Dig for both Gible and Infernape). But it seems to be different in the case of Unova (atleast in Ash's pokemons case).

Before Krokorok was caught Ash's Roggenrola used to know Stone Edge, but just few episode before Krokorok was caught, they made Roggenrola evolve into Boldore and drop Stone Edge in favour of Rock Blast. This seems to suggest that the writers are trying to keep the moveset of Ash's Unova pokemons different as Stone Edge seemed to be the main finishing move for Krokorok (i won't count Tackle as it seems to be a based type of move).

Now as we know, Palpitoad's finishing move is Hydro Pump. So giving it to Oshawott seemed odd as there are plenty of moves the writers could have given Oshawott in its place.

But this also seems to also suggest (if we take into account the Stone Edge case), that Palpitoad maybe getting a new move in place of Hydro Pump. It also possibly suggest (its just a guess and less likely to happen until Krokorok evolves), that Palpitoad might be evolving in the future (since it still lacks a 4th move).

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Still makes it idiotic to be complaining about movesets.
    Well there aren't many things in the anime to complain about is it. Either we have to complain about the story or the characters or the pokemons or the moves used in an episode.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 5th July 2012 at 10:38 PM.

I just finished watching the episode. I enjoyed seeing Brock's cameo in a flashback. I really liked seeing Dawn and Iris interact in this episode, it looks like they really get along . The Piplup and Oshawott rivalry is still funny and so are some other stuff in the episode. I really enjoyed the parts where Dawn and Iris called Ash a kid. I think they called him that like 3 times in the episode XD
    And I think Dawn says no need to worry also after falling into the bushes XD
    I rate this a 10/10!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Brock flashback! This is officially my favorite episode of the Best Wishes arc.

Brock getting a reference doesn't mean he'll actually show up.
    ... I don't think anyone actually expected that from an offhanded remark about his cooking. I'm just pleased he wasn't immediately forgotten in spite of the way the writers treated him towards the tail end of Sinnoh. This is a guy who they at times found flimsy excuses not to involve in the action of the episode.

This is his second mention by the way. He was also brought up in the previous episode. I think some people missed it because it was a verbal mention and not a visual cameo.

The interaction between Iris and Dawn is already way better than anything May and Dawn did together (and obviously May and Misty too). I thought the episode was cute, but seeing Onix for the millionth time kind of soured it. But it was overall decent.

I also really enjoyed the beginning where Iris was training with Excadrill and Axew. I think it's a great idea that Axew is training with more bigger and experienced pokemon, he'll get better this way.

Its way better than Hikari did with anyone as a matter of fact, I think the Iris contrast definetly made Hikari more fun to watch.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 6th July 2012 at 1:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The interaction between Iris and Dawn is already way better than anything May and Dawn did together (and obviously May and Misty too). I thought the episode was cute, but seeing Onix for the millionth time kind of soured it. But it was overall decent.

I also really enjoyed the beginning where Iris was training with Excadrill and Axew. I think it's a great idea that Axew is training with more bigger and experienced pokemon, he'll get better this way.
    Dawn and Iris are total opposites so it makes sense their interactions would be the funniest.

The Misty and May interactions were by far the worst, they barely had any scenes with each other and barely ever said more than a few lines to one another. Its almost as if the writers avoided having May and Misty interact as much as possible, even going as far as to making Misty interact with Max instead during her final episode appearance in the series.

12. Default

Well, the final nail in the coffin', as if anyone doubted Mijuwott was staying basic, or to say, unevolved, Hydro Pump officially made him Pochama V.2.0.

I'm sure The 4th is rejoicing......

Nice to see they haven't COMPLETELY forgotten Shiny Pokemon exist, I didn't care for the Takeshi/Brock flashback but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Well, the final nail in the coffin', as if anyone doubted Mijuwott was staying basic, or to say, unevolved, Hydro Pump officially made him Pochama V.2.0.
    Not really, no move proves it won't evolve.

Rewatched the episode just two little thingies

-Pansage passed the entire episode just being useless and cute, poor thing, same as Pikachu and Axew but they are always out
    -Poor other pokemon get no food

I really enjoyed the episode for something that was supposed to be a "filler out Onix DERP", Oshawott and Piplup developing new moves from their rivalry was cool.

I just hope other pokemon get to do something, next episode we see Scraggy with the Larvitar but in the Dragonite episode they are both figthning the Dragonite, specially Hikari pokemon since she is leaving soon, maybe they will shine in the tournament.

Not really, no move proves it won't evolve.
    I don't know, Squirtle learned hydro pump and it didn't evolve either. Same thing with Piplup. Oshawott learning the move isn't exactly a good thing for people who want to see an evolution.

i'm just glad that we ain't seeing riots from seeing Kingler again...when it's not Ash's.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    i'm just glad that we ain't seeing riots from seeing Kingler again...when it's not Ash's.
    Oh, and that reminds me... Jk. :P

I haven't seen this yet, but I can't too. Piplup and Oshawott interactions should be good.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Well I am glad that oshawatt got HP, As for the palpitoad ash already has a Ground-Dark type pokemon with black glasses XD

so, Palpitoad is useless with 3 moves only -_- it might get earthquake cause if it does it would be awesome or maybe muddy water or a nice poison move.

Wait still no confirmation on what water move Piplup used?

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I have come to believe it's just a bigger version of Bubblebeam... but the fact it learned Headbutt today is so odd XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I have come to believe it's just a bigger version of Bubblebeam... but the fact it learned Headbutt today is so odd XD
    It seems as if it had it all along as Dawn wasn't surprised at all.
    So that makes me wonder about it's moveset...

This reminds me of May's glaceon where one episode it uses Iron Tail and Shadow Ball then in the next episode it has mirror coat, secret power, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN-Trainer X View Post
    it might get earthquake
    Earthquake isn't going to happen

I thought it was just a super special version of Bubblebeam/Hydro Pump

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

It seems as if it had it all along as Dawn wasn't surprised at all.
    So that makes me wonder about it's moveset...

This reminds me of May's glaceon where one episode it uses Iron Tail and Shadow Ball then in the next episode it has mirror coat, secret power, etc.
    It's happening with Pansage as we speak XD
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    It's happening with Pansage as we speak XD
    Which is weird because it's like the writers can't decide on what to keep.

I have a problem with that because it's obvious they want to enforce the four moves at a time rule as when Mick wanted to borrow Pikachu, Ash clearly spelled out the moves he has.

Which is weird because it's like the writers can't decide on what to keep.

I have a problem with that because it's obvious they want to enforce the four moves at a time rule as when Mick wanted to borrow Pikachu, Ash clearly spelled out the moves he has.
    Correct and will Rock Tomb s a TM...that doesn't explain how Pansage continues to relearn Bite. As for Piplup, I think it really only used 3 new moves, but I guess looking back in the thread, the move could possibly be a bigger Water Pulse...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast