Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Expedition to Onix Island! (748)

OH LOOK, Ash didn't catch a shiny onix, WHAT A SHOCK!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Wait still no confirmation on what water move Piplup used?
    It was BubbleBeam.

I'm really happy the Shiny Onix was only seen a little. It was a very rare Pkmn, right? So it showing up and vanishing quickly felt very nice to me.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Earthquake isn't going to happen
    Why not :/ ? How about giga impact then?

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN-Trainer X View Post
    Why not :/ ?
    Its because Japan is a Earthquake prone area and it is a sensitive issue there and them shown the destruction caused in the anime by it wouldn't go well with the viewers (remember last year Tsunami and Earthquake).

Similarly any move that is similar to it won't go well with the viewers, thats why we haven't seen moves like Earth Power or Magnitude or Fissure in the anime for some time (and possibly won't see moves like Bulldoze as well) and it is also the reason why most Ground type pokemons in the anime only end up getting moves like Mud Bomb or Mud Shot or mostly Dig.
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 6th July 2012 at 8:14 PM.

I really enjoyed this episode. Nice to see Iris and Dawn as friends (the dub will feel like a memory considering both of them worked on Oh My Goddess)

Favorite scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4WM...eature=related

That's my favorite scene too. I kinda like how Ash, Cilan, pikachu, piplup, oshawott and pansage are the only ones to see pirouette meloetta in first hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

So when Oshowott uses Hydro Pump he fires it like when Ryu does a Shinku Hadouken in Marvel vs. Capcom. That is awesome.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

The sub I watched identified Hydro Pump as Hydro Cannon, to which I started crying. That would've been the biggest troll move ever given in Pokemon history.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I really love those two being together. Satoshi and Dent have such a great chemistry with each other.

...Oh what? Hikari and Iris? Yeah, well, see, girl and girl relationships never really interest me. Alright?

Although I did enjoy them getting attacked by Pokémon they knew nothing about and the vine swinging.

Hooray for Takeshi mention, but what would make me even more happy is an actual appearance from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    The sub I watched identified Hydro Pump as Hydro Cannon, to which I started crying. That would've been the biggest troll move ever given in Pokemon history.
    Which is ridiculous when you clearly hear Dent and Satoshi both identify it as Hydro Pump. These new subs tend to have translation mistakes. They also mistranslated Headbutt as Tackle. Tackle is "Taiatari" (Body Blow) in Japanese, however Hikari clearly ordered "Zutsuki" (Headbutt). And when you are clearly seeing Pochama attack Iwark with his head while the description for Tackle says the Pokémon attacks with their whole body.... Yep.

Also I like to point out Meloetta's Infight (the Japanese name for Close Combat) wasn't mistranslated as a move, but as "Meloetta's fighting form".
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 7th July 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

This episode was really good but not as good as the previous episode. It was both funny and annoying that Iris and Dawn called Ash a kid 3 times. Fortunately Cilan was nice to Ash and helped him when Ash fell to the ground because of Woobat.

Oshawott's and Piplup's rivalry was really funny and entertaining again. It was also nice to see many old Pokemon, like Kingler and Onix. The best part of the episode was Oshawott learning Hydro Pump. It FINALLY got some development after mastering Aqua Jet. Maybe this is a sign for that that Oshawott's neglect is over. It was sad that we didn't see Dr.Zager in this episode but at least we saw Team Rocket.

I give this episode 9/10.
    Last edited by Charizard-Fan; 7th July 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Poor Saotshi, he now has two girls taunting him. At least Satoshi still has Dent to be all nice and sweet around him.

Spoiler:- Kodomo ne~:

Dent checks to see if Satoshi is alright after he gets scared by some Koromori. Hikari and Iris walk past and taunt him.

So, so rude, girls. I'm joking around with Hikari and Iris, I enjoy their girlish taunting towards Satoshi if you must know.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

A funny, but dangerous episode. How Dawn knew of the Island was rather random. Dawn has the best interactions with Iris than she ever did with May, and she's not even a coordinator! Lol how Dawn teams up with Iris & agrees that Ash is a kid, double the teasing. The rivalry with Piplup & Oshawott get's more comical.

OMG a Brock flashback, I like how Iris questioned him, it's only normal and then Ash explained. This really needs to happen with other older characters plz.
    Last edited by Blessed; 7th July 2012 at 6:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Poor Saotshi, he now has two girls taunting him. At least Satoshi still has Dent to be all nice and sweet around him.

Spoiler:- Kodomo ne~:

Dent checks to see if Satoshi is alright after he gets scared by some Koromori. Hikari and Iris walk past and taunt him.

So, so rude, girls. I'm joking around with Hikari and Iris, I enjoy their girlish taunting towards Satoshi if you must know.
    I wonder why they're doing that. Dawn was never that picky towards Ash before. Could it be from Iris's influence?

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Piplup already has Ice Beam. You want him to learn another Ice-type attack? I was really hoping for Oshawott to learn Ice Beam instead of Hydro Pump.
    Too many ice beams aren't going to work on this show. Remember because Buneary has one too. Frozen breath sounds more Oshawot-like than ice beam.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Wow Dawn and Piplup were really annoying in this episode.
    Oshawott was trying to comfort Piplup after being separated and Piplup's ego got in the way.
    Also is Dawn just trying to show off in front of Iris and Cilan? Because she was never this witchy near the end of DP. She respected Ash, here he treats him like he's inferior to her. -_-

Random : PokéRadar

I wonder why they're doing that. Dawn was never that picky towards Ash before. Could it be from Iris's influence?
    Dawn ever had her prankster side, but, it's mainly to annoy Ash now. To me, it doesn't make sense, but, making Ash a fool is kinda a sport in BW, plus, japanese anime girls, when together, have tendencies to make poor of the guys. I think.

God, when the day comes to Ash have a good reason to call Iris "kodomo ne", I'll feel like a divine justice is being done (it won't happen, though).
    Last edited by DuquĘ?; 7th July 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Wow Dawn and Piplup were really annoying in this episode.
    Oshawott was trying to comfort Piplup after being separated and Piplup's ego got in the way.
    Also is Dawn just trying to show off in front of Iris and Cilan? Because she was never this witchy near the end of DP. She respected Ash, here he treats him like he's inferior to her. -_-
    Dawn is exactly the same.

She respected Ash, here he treats him like he's inferior to her. -_-
    It's a joke. Dawn was TEASING Ash.

Seriously, if you can't judge that from her face expression, then you're hopeless.

....and now, her story begins.

Ok episode. It wasn't as interesting as the previous one but it was watchable. The dynamic between Iris and Dawn... well, it was interesting, but I felt they became BFFs a bit too fast. Anyway, it's nothing that prevents them from being interesting. And, I like seeing Brock being mention.

I don't see why it's so hard to swallow that since these things happen in real life too.

Some people just click with each other, they become great friends quite fast.

....and now, her story begins.

Iris and Dawn were twice as annoying together. -_-

This episode was a missed opportunity. The guys could have finally ditched the girls and kept the penguin.

Worse than having Misty back even. -_-
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 8th July 2012 at 9:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Worse than having Misty back even. -_-
    bringing back misty wont be worse it would help bring back the original style series that everyone loved back in the day.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/nnjyp4.jpg[/IMG]

Watched the episode and enjoyed it.

Jeremy seems like an interesting guy to me, wonder how much more we'll be seeing from him.

I enjoyed seeing Dawn and Iris bond and whatnot.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I loved when Cilan said that Dawn and Iris together are the most powerful girl duo or whatever! xD I loved this episode. It was fun. I loved Meloetta's changing sequence and I loved when she sang! It was beautiful! Jeremy seems creepy, though...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast