Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3574

Thread: Pokemon Riddle

...Slowking? It shares the ability Oblivious with Numel, which could be related to not fretting or worrying. Also, the 2nd movie comes to mind. Remember that scene where Slowking was just standing in the middle of a blizzard? "I could use pants."
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:
    My AtA Winners:

Is it drifloon/blim?
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

None of those. Hmm, maybe four more tries then I'll give a bigger hint. Four justified ones.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Whether it be cold or hot
    Fret or worry I will not - learns worry seed and has a fretful face.
    I never fear the chill or warm
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm - cloud nine?
    The ones that strike fear in my mind
    Will find me the most hard to find
    But in the first place I appear
    Is one that just might bring me fear - easier to find the grassy patches than in the water…

Hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle.
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability.
    - each line refers to something which specifically applies to the pokémon.
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught.
    Could it be psyduck?

swablu/altaria?~
    Fret or worry I will not
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm- cloud nine ability
    Will find me the most hard to find- found in a hidden hollow with 1% chance
    Is one that just might bring me fear
    - OR -
    poliwhirl/ anything in its line~
    Fret or worry I will not
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm-
    Will find me the most hard to find- 1% hidden hollow chance
    Is one that just might bring me fear
    -hint help one weather condition important to this poke but not mentioned- hidden ability swift swim

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

Two more and I'll help you out. For now, I'll remind you that this riddle does not mention any weather effects.

you know what im out... i got nothing left X___X i hope someone else gets the answer soon...

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

I guess maybe I should first clear up the hint I made earlier, because I think I confused some people more with it. This pokémon's classification isn't something that's particularly scary (depending). Steel types There is a pokémon whose name sounds like this one's classification. This one would scare the subject. Steelix; it's much bigger than Mawile and has a name that matches its typing.A similar pokémon to that one is mentioned in in the last line in the riddle which could be seen as a slightly lesser threat. Onix? Not sure on this one, but it can also be found on Victory Road and tunnels/caves.

How about we see if anyone gets warmer after this. Here's the riddle and all the hints.

Whether it be cold or hot - Can be found in caves, Victory Road, Sky Pillar, and (sometimes) Iron Island, all of which could possibly classify as hot or cold places
    Fret or worry I will not - It's called the deceiver pokemon for a reason. Also knows Intimidate and Fake Tears.
    I never fear the chill or warm - same as first lines
    Edit(after reading the Numel hint): Both are catchable in Sinnoh and Hoenn, which are considered "chill" and "warm" regions respectively.

I’m not stirred by a brewing storm - there are no storms in said caves/pillar/island; also can't be affected by sandstorm.
    The ones that strike fear in my mind - Again, Steelix.
    Will find me the most hard to find - They don't inhabit the same areas (with the special exception of Iron Island, in which you need a Ruby dual-slot for that.)
    Is one that just might bring me fear - Refers to Onix, since it lives in caves and tunnels and looks similar to Steelix.

Hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle.
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability.
    - each line refers to something which specifically applies to the pokémon.
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught.
    Is it Mawile?

Edit: Also, when you mean classification, do you mean type or species? I seem to have them mixed up judging by the other posts...
    Last edited by Kimchu; 29th November 2012 at 2:51 PM.

NORMAL GROUND FIGHTING ROCK STEEL BUG DRAGON FLYING GHOST POISON

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Is it Torkoal? Being near Numel in Fiery Path.
    Just a wild guess actually.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

It's neither of them. When I say classification, I mean what kind of pokémon the dex says they are, so pikachu's classification is mouse, wobbuffet's classification is patient, etc.

All right, people are off the mark, so how about I give my big hint now? Please try to use parts of the riddle as well, not just this clue.

The hint is: This pokémon would relate to Misty.

Um...Psyduck? The first half of the riddle makes sense, since it seems totally oblivious to whatever is going on (just like Numel). I have no idea about the last four lines, though :/
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:
    My AtA Winners:

I already posted that one •shot•

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Quagsire. It shares a Ground-type with Numel, has the hidden ability Unaware (referring to not worrying), Misty has been shown to own one in GSC, HGSS, and the PWT, and the route it first appeared on in the series (Johto Route 32) also contains Bellsprout and Hoppip, which would be supereffective against it.
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 29th November 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Penguin's getting warmer in certain aspects. The riddle doesn't necessarily refer to its subject's personality.

My newest guess is Corsola. Related to Misty, being part Rock means it exposes its weakness to other water pokemon found near it.
    So am I hotter or colder? xD

Kalos shinies (Some):

Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

There are some things that contradict my guess, but it's the closest thing I got.

I'm going for Kingdra.

I guess maybe I should first clear up the hint I made earlier, because I think I confused some people more with it. This pokémon's classification isn't something that's particularly scary (depending). Dragons.There is a pokémon whose name sounds like this one's classification. This one would scare the subject. The Dratini/gonair/nite lineup. Specifically Dragonite. Kingdra is classified as a "dragon," and the lineup has "dragon" in their names. Though, I can't justify why the subject would be scared of it other than it's 2x weakness against dragon moves.A similar pokémon to that one is mentioned in in the last line in the riddle which could be seen as a slightly lesser threat. Dratini

How about we see if anyone gets warmer after this. Here's the riddle and all the hints.

Whether it be cold or hot - Kingdra is normal/resistant to ice and fire. That, or the oceans its previous evos live in are found in Sinnoh and Hoenn.
    Fret or worry I will not - Emphasis on "not." You said that this riddle doesn't necessarily refer to the Pokemon's personality, so I'll disregard abilities and go with the Pokedex entries. "It sleeps quietly, deep on the seafloor. When it comes up to the surface, it creates a huge whirlpool that can swallow even ships. When a storm arrives, the POKéMON is said to awaken and wander about in search of prey." Thus, Kingdra is a very destructive pokemon and would not need to "fret" or "worry."
    I never fear the chill or warm - Same as first line.
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm - It causes storms instead. "It is said to cause tornadoes as it wakes."
    The ones that strike fear in my mind - Stumped. I can't see Kingdra being afraid of Dragonite.
    Will find me the most hard to find - Both occupy Route 18 in BW2, but are separated into different areas on said route.
    But in the first place I appear - Refers to its pre-evo Horsea. It appears as a prize in one of the game corners in Pokemon Blue.
    Is one that just might bring me fear - Dratini is also a prize at a game corner in Blue.

Hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle. Swift Swim is one of Kingdra's abilities, but it is not alluded to in the riddle.
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability. My reasoning for the first line kindof contradicts this hint, but the other presented option could work too.
    - each line refers to something which specifically applies to the pokémon. Yup.
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught. Can't really makes sense of this one; but it sounds like they can be caught in/around the same area.
    - Numel hint: Uhh....they both have duel typing? (Kingdra=Dragon/Water; Numel=Fire/Ground) Oh, and they have a resistance against ice and fire!
    - Misty hint: She caught a Horsea in the anime, and I think she had a Kingdra in the game remakes.
    Let me know if it's getting warmer or colder.
    Last edited by Kimchu; 1st December 2012 at 8:19 AM.

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Kimchu's getting much warmer here. Kingdra is one of the closest guesses so far for the same reason numel is.

By "relate" I didn't mean that it belongs to her. Relating to Misty means that her and the riddle's subject agree on something.

Man, I didn't realize this one was that ambiguous. These always seem so much more obvious if you know the answer.

Man, I didn't realize this one was that ambiguous. These always seem so much more obvious if you know the answer.
    That always happens to me when I make a riddle too. XD

Regarding the relation to Misty, I assume you mean her fear of bugs, right? That would narrow down our suspects quite a bit.

I'm still trying to make sense out of all the clues you've given us. I feel like I should know which Pokemon this is, but I can't put my finger on it...

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Kimchu's getting much warmer here. Kingdra is one of the closest guesses so far for the same reason numel is.

By "relate" I didn't mean that it belongs to her. Relating to Misty means that her and the riddle's subject agree on something.
    Oh! If that's the case, then I'm switching my answer to Horsea.

Most of my reasoning for Kingdra applies except the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and some of the hints.

2nd: It sprays black ink from its mouth to easily escape from enemies, thus having nothing to "worry" or "fret." "If Horsea senses danger, it will reflexively spray a dense black ink from its mouth and try to escape. This Pokémon swims by cleverly flapping the fins on its back."

4th: Storms/strong currents don't bother it either. "If the ocean current turns fast, this Pokémon anchors itself by wrapping its tail around rocks or coral to prevent being washed away."

5th: Dragonite can easily scare Horsea, what with its larger power and size. Dragonite also inhabit the sea. They are both located on route 18 too.

Numel: They're both pre-evos and are the first in their lineups to evolve. Also resistant to ice and fire.

Misty: Other than the obvious, they both hate bugs. "Horsea eats small insects and moss off of rocks. Known to shoot down flying bugs with precision blasts of ink from the surface of the water."

Now to hope for the best. *crosses fingers*
    It's probably because it's a rhyme. A lot of rhymes tend to be ambiguous if the answer isn't obvious, at least from what I can tell. :\
    But not like it's a bad thing though; I enjoy a good challenge.

Which will you choose?

Some parts of the guess are pretty good, but it isn't horsea. Remember that the last thing mentioned isn't necessarily scary to a lot of things. You are getting closer to figuring out that last hint.

is it slowpoke/bro? it dosent fear anything because it never notices it, it is part psychic so like misty its afraid of bugs.

Since it doesn't look like the Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra lineup is the answer, I'll try not to go too in-depth with this. I'm just guessing Seadra for good measure.

Like last time, all reasoning for Kingdra apply except certain lines and hints.

2nd: It can sink ships like Kingdra by using whirlpools and fend itself using poison barbs on it's body, so it probably would not "fret" or "worry."

5th, 6th: Dragonite could still scare it, and they occupy route 18.

Numel: Dual-typing and resistant to ice and fire.

Misty: Water-type; could be owned by Misty. It probably still eats bugs. :\

And with that done, here's my real guess: Palpitoad.

There might be a ton of holes, but this is the closest I could get.

I guess maybe I should first clear up the hint I made earlier, because I think I confused some people more with it. This pokémon's classification isn't something that's particularly scary (depending). ...Vibration. It doesn't sound like a very scary classification, but I guess that's the point.There is a pokémon whose name sounds like this one's classification. This one would scare the subject. Vibrava. It's also classified as a "vibration" pokemon, and it knows Solarbeam and Gigadrain, which would destroy the subject for its 4x weakness against grass.A similar pokémon to that one is mentioned in in the last line in the riddle which could be seen as a slightly lesser threat. Yanma? It looks similar to Vibrava and can be caught in the Pinwheel Forest like Tympole. Can't see how it's a lesser threat though.

Whether it be cold or hot - Palpitoad has resistance against ice/fire. It can also walk on land and water; water can be cold, land can be hot.
    Fret or worry I will not - Again, they can live on land and water. They've basically got the best of both worlds.
    I never fear the chill or warm - Same as first line.
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm - They are part ground-type, so they're immune to sandstorm.
    The ones that strike fear in my mind - Vibrava, because of their devastating grass moves.
    Will find me the most hard to find - They live in different areas, but they can both be caught in Unova.
    But in the first place I appear - Refers to its pre-evo Tympole. They live around Pinwheel Forest in BW, and are catchable in N's team in BW2.
    Is one that just might bring me fear - Yanma are found in Pinwheel Forest.

Hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle. It knows Swift Swim, Hydration, and Water Absorb as abilities, but rain is not mentioned in the riddle.
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability. Fourth line violates this, but I can't think of anything else.
    - each line refers to something which specifically applies to the pokémon. Eyup.
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught. Sixth line sort of works.
    - Numel hint: Both have dual-typing and are part ground-types. (Palpitoad=Ground/Water, Numel=Ground/Fire) They can both evolve to their final stage.
    - Misty hint: Well, it's a frog. It eats bugs.
    .... I feel like I'm straying from the mark with this one.
    Last edited by Kimchu; 2nd December 2012 at 11:05 PM.

Which will you choose?

Hey Guys!
    Check out this riddle forum that my friend started:
    Epic Riddle Forum!
    Thanks!
    I would guess, but kimchu already got it. I think.

Alright this is what I'm really sure about:
    - It's not a legendary
    - It's a water type
    - Relates to Misty

I hope my answer will also be in the same corridor w/ other clues: Shellder.
    Kalos shinies (Some):

It isn't palpitoad, seadra or shellder. Two clarifying hints would be that this riddle does not mention any dragon types, and the last hint does not mean that this riddle's subject is an insect eater.

Page 69 of 143 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast