Page 70 of 145 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3606

Thread: Pokemon Riddle

Magikarp? They're actually quite a hardy Pokemon. Swims, so scary Pokemon can't get to it. It's Water type. The fear of bugs refers to Rattled, which raises stats when hit by Bug moves... And the ability itself is to do with fear.

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Man, this riddle is harder than I thought...

Anyway, I have a few ideas on what it could be, but before I speculate, would you mind confirming if the subject is part of this list?:

Italics=Classification; Bold=Riddle's subject; Normal=Pokemon w/ similar name

Eon=Latios/as=Umbreon, Glaceon
    Lunar=Cresselia=Lunatone
    Mach=Garchomp=Machoke/ops
    Pincer=Kingler=Pincer (bug)
    Rogue=Crawdaunt=Tyrogue
    Spirit=Yamask=Spiritomb
    Vibration=Palpi/Seismitoad=Vibrava
    Mysterious=Starmie=Misdreavus

I managed to google up the classifications for each pokemon and listed the ones that might fit the riddle. I crossed out all the ones I got wrong, as well as the ones mentioning dragons. This would at least help narrow down the suspects.

Also, anyone is free to use or add to this list when speculating. I wouldn't mind; let's just get this damn riddle solved already. >_>

NORMAL GROUND FIGHTING ROCK STEEL BUG DRAGON FLYING GHOST POISON

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Well, Crawdaunt could work. It's a water type that is weak to bug types, which explains the misty significance. The first 4 lines could be related to the fact that it's very hardy and can adapt to situations.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

None of those. That probably isn't the best hint to try using, because the thing that sounds like the pokémon's classification does so in an obscure way. The subject's classification actually sounds like another thing the subject isn't afraid of that's not in the riddle.

Edit: Face is actually getting close, one thing he said is referred to in the riddle. The subject isn't necessarily hardy though.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Does the "strike fear in my mind" part have to do with a type disadvantage?
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

Its already said that its not a legendary. You can cross out Cresselia. Not Magikarp either.

Its not a legendary, water type, relates to Misty in a way, and not a dragon (obviously I answered dragonair before n wrong).
    Somehow I think its from First generation.

Mmm.. I answer Squirtle for being a turtle, comes from the same place w/ its weakness Bulbasaur, and share the same species w/ other turtle pokemon.

Ok EDIT: new hints from Octo. I'll think again.
    Last edited by Cutty; 4th December 2012 at 1:29 AM.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Cutty is mistaken, but Face is not. He's getting the best idea of what I mean by "fear".

Let's see... Stunfisk? It shares a ground-type (and to some extent, a personality) with Numel. It's weak to water types, but they can't see it cause it buries itself in the mud under the water'. The last 2 lines could refer to Palpitoad, which is found in the same place as Stunfisk, but it's a ground type, which Stunfisk is also weak to. The correlation with Misty could be the fact that it's an aquatic pokemon, even though it's not a water type.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Not stunfisk. It doesn't share a type with numel.

I'll make this easier, the thing it shares with numel is mentioned in the first three lines, but it only shares one thing with numel in the same way. Technically, both apply to numel, but only one applies to it in the same essence.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    I'll make this easier, the thing it shares with numel is mentioned in the first three lines, but it only shares one thing with numel in the same way. Technically, both apply to numel, but only one applies to it in the same essence.
    I have no idea what this sentence means.

Is it Burmy? It adapts to situations with its cloaks, and it's hard to find because it's only in honey trees. It's a bug type, so it relates to Misty.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

Alright, before I analyze a Pokemon too deeply (and choose something to have it shot down again), I would like to confirm a few things:

-It's a water type (or at least part water).
    -It is weak against bug types/attacks.
    -It is somewhat resistant against ice and fire.
    -It's ability mentioned in the hints has to do with a rainy weather condition.
    -Lines 2 and 4 have to do with Pokedex entries.
    -Its two enemies are similar appearance-wise and/or type-wise.
    -The subject and its first enemy need to be catchable in the same route, but not the same area.
    -The subject's classification is a "thing" that it is not afraid of. In other words, it can't be "Jolly" or "Mysterious." It has to be a noun, like "Dragon" or "Mouse."

Hopefully, some clarification would clear things up a bit.
    Last edited by Kimchu; 8th December 2012 at 3:11 AM. Reason: easier to follow

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Not Burmy.

Everything Kimchu said but the third, fifth, sixth, and eighth thing are true. Regarding the seventh thing, if an area is part of a route, I think the subject and whom it fears are in the same area. The riddle does mention the types mentioned in the third thing Kimchu said, but it doesn't necessarily resist them. It might help to think of what would fret or worry in those situations.

Here's the riddle and hints again so they're on this page.

Whether it be cold or hot
    Fret or worry I will not
    I never fear the chill or warm
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm
    The ones that strike fear in my mind
    Will find me the most hard to find
    But in the first place I appear
    Is one that just might bring me fear

Hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle.
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability.
    - each line refers to something which specifically applies to the pokémon.
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught.

Ok, I'll give it a try again. Is it Lotad?

Weak against bug, beneficial from rainy weather, found in the same route w/ Wurmple and Ralts.

If it's still wrong, I dunno what to answer again.
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

You really rode the hints here, but... That is the correct answer.

Whether it be cold or hot
    Fret or worry I will not Lotad is one of the few grass types that doesn't have a fire and ice weakness
    I never fear the chill or warm Same as above
    I’m not stirred by a brewing storm Lotad is also one of the few water types that doesn't have an electric weakness (storm referred to thunder and the like)
    The ones that strike fear in my mind
    Will find me the most hard to find One of lotad's only weaknesses that isn't cancelled out is flying, but lotad's lily pad makes it especially hard to see from above
    But in the first place I appear
    Is one that just might bring me fear Lotad's two other weaknesses are bug and poison. Wurmple, a bug type that uses poison sting, is found on the first route lotad is

Now for the hints:
    - while there is one weather condition that is quite significant to this pokémon, no weather condition is referred to in the riddle. All of lotad's non dream-world abilities always involve rain. However, "hot", "cold" and "storm" all referred to types in the riddle
    - this riddle doesn't mention any of this pokémon's resistances derived from type or ability. the riddle only mentioned cancelled out weaknesses, not technically resistances
    - the thing mentioned in lines five and six find the subject hard to find for a reason besides being in a different range, and in fact, it can be found in an area where the subject is caught. swablu and lotad share a location in Sapphire, so it only can't see lotad because its leaf makes it undetectable
    - There's something similar to what is mentioned in the last line which might scare the subject even more, but doesn't appear in the same place. This thing has a name that's close to the subject's classification. Refers to weedle, which is similar to wurmple, but is actually poison type. Lotad is the "Water Weed" pokémon, so its classification is similar to weedle's name
    - The closest guess so far has been Crimson Penguin's, with numel, which shares something with the riddle's subject that is mentioned in the riddle. Numel and lotad both have a cancelled ice weakness; numel's fire type cancels out the ice weakness its ground type would give it
    - This pokémon would relate to Misty. Being in the water breeding group, lotad would "love" water types, and having a bug weakness means that like Misty, it would fear bugs

I kind of wish the riddle would've been answered based on more of the riddle itself than on the hints, but by the looks of it, I made this one far more vague than I thought it would be. Go on and post a riddle, Cutty.

Ah, I knew it had to do with the Lotad family somehow (I was actually going to put down Lombre, but meh). I guess the classification and resistance thing tripped me up. This riddle was very hard to decipher without contradicting some of those hints. :\

But oh well, I tried. Bring on the next riddle, Cutty!

Which will you choose?

I GUESS IT CORRECT? LOL. That was really hard.
    First I'd like to thanks other posters who helped w/ the hints esp Kimchu w/ bug weakness.

Alright this my riddle. Its easy you can guess it directly.
    However, I demand a good reason. So even if your answer is correct but w/ no reason/explanation or the reason is not irrelevant enough to the riddle or the hints I give later, I'm not gonna approve you yet. I might give it other posters who can give better reasons at least close.

The riddle:
    I flinch when you are nice.
    You kill me with a single word.

Yes, its on my sig. you can only guess two times w/ two reasons in two different posts until my first hint. I'll give a hint after 7 wrong answers/bad reasons.

Have fun!^^
    Last edited by Cutty; 9th December 2012 at 4:22 AM.
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Hmm, let's break the ice here.

How about slowpoke? A king's rock causes flinching, but also allows slowpoke to evolve, so it could be being "nice" to it. The king's rock is a rock, so maybe "gneiss" is involved as well. The single word could be "thunder" or "bite", both single-word moves super effective to slowpoke.

Going off the king's rock idea, I'm gonna guess Poliwhirl.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I'd like to guess Gligar. The Razor Fang has the chance to cause flinching, but it can be used to evolve Gligar, which is being nice. It can be killed with one word through moves like Blizzard and Glaciate. Plus, the bat in your signature sort of looks like Gligar just a bit, and it has fangs (Razor Fang).

idk

Sorry guys no right answer yet.
    But you got the idea of nice as a good act.
    Try again. I'll put the first hint after 4 more answers.
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Is it delibird.
    Giving presents is a nice act and the flinching comes from being unaware if it's an attack or healing. It's a one word attack that can ko… if it isn't 'nice'.

Ergh most likely not but tis Christmasy… not that, that was a clue xD

Uh... Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam? Inner focus is its least useful ability, so giving it another ability (and thus letting it flinch) is being nice to it. Also, it's very frail and dies easily.
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

No and no.
    Try two more tries, and I'll drop a hint.
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Page three, huh? I think my next guess will be tyrogue. If it's got the steadfast ability, so if it flinches, the opponent's kindly increasing its speed. The single word could be either "fly" or "psychic".

I wonder if we're on the right track with that single word. I thought of a different interpretation for it, but nothing it applies to has any special reaction to flinching. Unless we're wrong that you used the word "flinch" on purpose.

Becauseof the sig, thinks Golbat beause it learns so many flinching moves...

Page 70 of 145 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast