Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3608

Thread: Pokemon Riddle

Good guess, Z-nogyroP, but no. Your Tumnus's guesses aren't correct. I'm not going to say whether Charikachu's was because no reasons were given.

No part of the riddle references the dark or ghost type, or any pokémon of those types.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Well I was guessing the black was referring to the Overcast form and the light was referring to the Sunshine form.

Name: Puggy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Spoiler:- Banners!:
        Spoiler:- Banners!:

Er... Hoothoot/Noctowl? This is going off the logic that Noctowl could learn Flash in Gen 3 but can't in Gen 5, and is also the only Pokemon you can only find at night that learns Flash.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

Nope. Z-nogyroP is getting some good guesses, but neither his guess nor Charikachu's are correct.

And because I said I'd do it, I'll give a really big hint here. This entire riddle is specifically about pokémons' [English] names.

Ok, this is probably way off, but... Lileep?

It's from the gem generation, and it used to be the only Pokemon starting with "Lil" until Black and White introduced Lillipup and Lilligant. The "shed light" part could be a reference to the fact that it's a fossil Pokemon that "sheds light" on scientific questions as opposed to a literal light.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

EDIT: Ignore my previous guess (if you even saw it). I think I've got it. Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken?

Once a light among the black- It has the word torch in its name.
    When black arrived I took that back- With the introduction of Emboar, everyone hated the Fire/Fighting type.
    Yet I still shine bright like a gem-It's from the gem generation.
    And shed a lot more light than them-Torchic has the brightest colours of the Fire starters.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 30th January 2013 at 11:51 AM.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Z-nogyroP has guessed the answer correctly!

By "among the black", I meant that while most other unevolved fire starters had names that referenced blackened or burnt things (the char in charmander/chimchar and the cinders in cyndaquil), torchic's name referred to something bright, a torch. The second line meant that after the 5th gen came, torchic was no longer the only unevolved fire starter whose name didn't refer to something burnt and blackened, as tepig's name didn't either, but torchic was still the only one whose name referred to something bright, hence the final line.

Go ahead and post something brain-straining, Z-nogyroP! You got this one!

Yay, I guessed it right! Even though none of my reasons apart from the torch one were correct!

Anywho, I hope this one isn't too hard(but hopefully hard enough that I get a while as riddle master :3).

I am a secret, hidden treat
    Although my scent is far from sweet
    I am hated and abhorred
    Leeching static from the core

Good luck!

Is it Voltorb/Electrode?

I am a secret, hidden treat They can befound disguised as item balls.
    Although my scent is far from sweet I assume
    I am hated and abhorred They are generally disliked for their diguising and the fact that they tend to explode at random.
    Leeching static from the core One of their abilities is Static.

For much the same reasons as above I say Foongus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Good guesses, but no to both of you.

Incorrect-Voltorb, Foongus.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. I will take any guesses as counting the whole evolution line.

My guess is Feebas. It's a hard-to-get treat, though sucks in the long run.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Er... Is it Rotom-C?

I am a secret, hidden treat: Rotom is found hidden in a TV, and you need the Secret Key to unlock its Cut Forme in Platinum.
    Although my scent is far from sweet: Lawnmowers generally don't smell too good.
    I am hated and abhorred: It causes a lot of havoc and mischief, so it's probably disliked by a lot of people.
    Leeching static from the core: It possesses electrical appliances and uses their "core" energy.

I'm probably way off, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

It sounds like an Electric Pokemon to me. I'm thinking Pikachu.

1st line: In Gen 5, it could no longer be found in the wild, but is still referred to in some parts of the game (such as the Castelia billboard)
    2nd and 3rd: Everyone knows Pikachu, therefore some people dislike it for its mainstream popularity. They don't necessarily hate/abhor the Pokemon, just its popularity in the media.
    4th line: Electric Pokemon are known for feeding off electricity from sources other than natural lightning. In The Electric Tale of Pikachu, he is introduced by feeding on electricity from Ash's house.
    Last edited by ~CallOfTheIndie~; 2nd February 2013 at 12:53 AM.

My guess is Stunfisk. The bottom line appears to mark the subject as an electric type, the second line would work due to fish smelling fishy, and stunfisk seems to be on the unpopular side, explaining the third line. Not sure about the first line though. Maybe because, being a flatfish, it hides on the bottom of the water?

Good guesses, all of you, but wrong.

Moving riddle to next page.

I am a secret, hidden treat
    Although my scent is nothing sweet
    I am hated and abhorred
    Leeching static from the core

Oh, and before I forget, chocolate guesses wil nto be tolerated. Even if you guess correctly, if you chocolate guess I will ignore you.

Incorrect guesses- Voltorb, Foongus, Feebas, Rotom(all forms, will just be Rotom from now on), Pikachu, Stunfisk

I'll drop a big hint-bomb in five more guesses.

I'm going to go completely left field and try gloom.

While it's unpopular and known for smelling awful, I think gloom's scent has been used for making perfume, so it's secretly a treat. Gloom can paralyze opponents with stun spore, so it "leeches" static by taking its paralysis effect.

Not likely, but we'll see if this works.

Nope, not gloom.

Incorrect guesses: Voltorb, Foongus, Feebas, Rotom, Pikachu, Stunfisk, Gloom

EDIT: And because I was just that bored, I'll give the hint now, since none of the guesses have been even close.

1. The "leeching static" line was a red herring. The Pokemon is not an Electric type, nor is it immune to electricity.
    Last edited by Z-nogyroP; 2nd February 2013 at 11:27 PM.

If static doesn't refer to static electricity (though it still may well, I'm not sure how many non-electric types have any special relation to static electricity), that makes me think it has something to do with radio static or something like that? That makes me think of missingno. It's hidden in the code and is hated for messing with the game, and glitches tend to cause screens to go static. I'm not sure what the scent part means.

Seems unlikely again, but worth a shot.

Exeggcutor
    I am a secret, hidden treat (Yolky brain thing)
    Although my scent is nothing sweet (Can't learn sweet scent)
    I am hated and abhorred (?)
    Leeching static from the core (Knows leech seed and doesn't move core again referring to the yolk)
    Hey look at this cool art and stuff
        Spoiler:- Picture:

For more like this and commissions and stuff go to here

I'm going to go out on a limb...

Leeching static from the core - goldeen/seaking have lightning rod. Not electric type, and not immune to electric attacks. I have absolutely no other idea.

Is it Weezing? It's rather stinky, it could be hated as a team rocket pokemon, and it can learn thunderbolt... Not sure about the whole secret thing though
    Ever wondered what it's like to battle like Ash? No?
    How about Misty, Paul, Brock, Dawn, anybody from the anime?
    Have a go for yourself in the ASB league! Interested? Of course you are! Here's how you get started!
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

Good guesses, but no. The static is still electric static, but it's a non-Electric Pokemon that is absorbing them.

Also, since none of you are close yet, the third line refers to competitive battling, so a Pokemon competitive players absolutely despise seeing.

Incorrect: Voltorb, Foongus, Feebas, Rotom, Pikachu, Stunfisk, Gloom, Missingno., Exeggutor, Goldeen, Weezing

How about Jirachi?
    I am a secret, hidden treat It's an event only Pokémon.
    Although my scent is nothing sweet Steel smelling nice? I don't think so.
    I am hated and abhorred It's disliked bacuse of all the hax associated with it.
    Leeching static from the core Not specifically static, but ParaFlinch is a common strategy for it.

Is it... Ditto?

I am a secret, hidden treat It... Is semi-rare, and the most usefull ones ae ecent exclusive.
    Although my scent is nothing sweet Uh...?
    I am hated and abhorred Imposter.
    Leeching static from the core Um... Not sure... I get a Limber vibe from it though.

Page 74 of 145 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast