Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Ditto should be banned?

Default Do you think Ditto should be banned?

Ditto is released now as of B2W2 hidden hollows like half a month ago and I use it in my team some people claim it should be banned I claim it shouldn't as he have many counters like priority,subtitute,protect,recovery moves,bulk up/calm minds with recovery and pressure...
    so what do you think? ditto for ubers or for standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Ditto for standard, because like you mentioned there are some hard counters to it. It just changes the game a bit since having a Salamence at +6 attack +6 speed is suddenly not unstoppable with Ditto around. People as a whole hate change, but just because of that Ditto shouldn't be blamed since it isn't uncounterable, it just requires a different style to be handled with.
    [img]http://i50.*******.com/befp6d.gif[/img]

There is absolutely no way Ditto will go Ubers. It's a nice check to Dragons, but it can't switch into them, and it can't do too much else. Plus, it's only effective if it uses a Choice Scarf, therefore it's not hard to switch something that resists the move in. It's also a piece of gaarbage against stall, so it can't have that 'beats all the tier' factor that is needed for a pokemon to become Ubers.

There is actually a very real chance that if Ditto doesn't make OU (which is quite feasable), then it would stay NU. In fact, I half expect it to stay NU (it probably won't, but it might go OU for a while, then edge down, somewhat like Whimsicott).

Ditto for standard because he puts a major lid on set-up sweepers and puts more emphasis on how the overall team is built instead of the "must give this one Pokemon the opening to set-up and sweep" principle.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Ditto is actually rather easy to play around. It will almost always be holding a choice scarf, and you know it's moves, so it's ridiculously easy to predict. And thanks to team viewer, you will always know if you enemy has a ditto in the first place, so you can just avoid using set up moves too often. And if you really don't want to make such simple predictions, give your set up sweeper substitute. It's a great support move and most sweepers don't mind having it.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 90 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

Standard, with it almost always being scarfed you can easily scout it and with a Sub-sweeper it can't do anything at all, there should be a catogorie between OU and Uber, Pokémon that suck too much for Uber and are too strong for OU, like Garchomp, Excadrill...

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Holidays in 'murica, not much online.
    Extreme fat people count after 5 days: 206
    Fat people count after 5 days: 1213 (excluding the extreme fatties)
    yes this is what I do

Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Standard, with it almost always being scarfed you can easily scout it and with a Sub-sweeper it can't do anything at all, there should be a catogorie between OU and Uber, Pokémon that suck too much for Uber and are too strong for OU, like Garchomp, Excadrill...
    Um, Uber is a banlist. Nothing more. Playing ubers is just playing without a banlist.

The tier you're hoping for would just be OU with a couple out of control threats anyway.
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Um, Uber is a banlist. Nothing more. Playing ubers is just playing without a banlist.

The tier you're hoping for would just be OU with a couple out of control threats anyway.
    Yes.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Holidays in 'murica, not much online.
    Extreme fat people count after 5 days: 206
    Fat people count after 5 days: 1213 (excluding the extreme fatties)
    yes this is what I do

Ditto sucks against stall.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Yes as everyone has pretty much covered, Ditto will not go Uber. Easily predicted due to having a Choice Scarf almost every time, and having a moveset that you know. And as many have stated Ditto can do really nothing to most stall. I like the point that Barbeller brought out too about it possibly staying NU. As he said it, it is bound to rise in usage at first, just due to the fact that its new and no one has really used it yet, but it could be discovered that it really isn't all it's cracked up to be and it will work its way back down in the usage stats.

GodDamnZilla

Ditto can be easily be predicted since their is Team Preview, so Ditto probably not go to Uber.

Just to throw it out there, we can't just say it's going to be bad either. It's a check for almost every offensive pokemon in one.

The thing about Ditto is that it will never been considered broken due to being overpowered on account of its own devices. After all, Ditto is only as powerful as the other Pokemon that occupy the tier it's being used in. However, it may be challenged based on how it impacts other team styles and strategies, similarly to Excadrill. While Excadrill's raw speed and power was a major reason for its ban, another huge factor was the pressure it put on offensive team styles. Choice Scarf users became obsolete against Excadrill, and its most solid checks and counters usually didn't fit well on offensive teams.

The fact is, Ditto does put a lot of pressure on setup sweepers in general, as well as the teams that rely on them. Not many sweepers can set up safely against an opposing team with Ditto unless they're some kind of bulky sweeper, run Substitute, or have a teammate that checks itself very well. While it's usually easy to predict when it's running a Scarf, that's not guaranteed. There is a handful of players that run another item, such as Leftovers or Life Orb. The whole strategy is high-risk/high-return, as they may lose Ditto. However, if they win the speed tie, they could sweep your team with more versatility and freedom than a Choice Scarf set.

I still would not consider Ditto broken, and there are a few reasons why. For one thing, Ditto can rarely switch directly into an opposing sweeper. Even if it switches in as the opponent is boosting, it won't get those boosts that it wants so badly. Ditto must come in on a revenge kill more often than not, meaning that the opponent will have to sacrifice something to bring it in. It's usually not that hard to play around a Ditto running a Scarf, meaning that if you can force it out, your opponent will have to find the opportunity to bring it back in again. If they run another item, they're playing a huge gamble. While they could sweep if they beat you in the speed tie, losing it means that they will end up losing their Ditto and might be swept shortly after. Moreover, it's important to remember that Ditto is only as strong as you make it. It is completely dependent on your team, and a good player will be able to use that to their advantage.

I haven't ran across many Dittos yet, but the only one who owned me switched into a Scrafty of mine with several boosts. I can count a hundred things that argubky should go to Ubers before Ditto.

I have claimed Giratina

Ditto is always gonna be one of those joke Pokemon that never make it out of UU like most Chlorophyll Pokemon

no, it isn't even that good .-.

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Well I use it in my team and some players that lose to it claim it to be uber.
    So that's why I opened this disscussion.
    Actually it works very well when you have a status absorber and entry hazards on your part and you can save it till latter.
    Ditto saved my team so many times I don't even think of replacing him, even if he isn't that useful against stall it can wall the stall itself.
    Take for example stall jellicent it walls itself, sure it can burn it but then you know what it have and switch to a status absorber and just now you know the set that's for every pokemon jirachi and celebi have SO many sets just knowing their set is a huge advantage to your part.

Also if you copy some offense pokemon like scizor or rotom-W you can volt turn yourself, you can also use ditto with slow volt turn users like scizor or magnezone and then get to use it without losing anyone also you get to choose the hidden power I use hidden power rock myself cause it is good for sweeping in OU and it can revenge kill volcarona easily.
    I think it will reach OU as it can do so many things.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

You people are so f*cking stupid it's unreal. Ditto will NEVER be banned. It isn't even a threat in freaking NU and you want it to go to ubers? Play the metagame, understand it better, then maybe you'll eat your words. It adapts to whatever metagmae it's in. If it were in a HO offensive meta, which nothing in BW is, then it would be very effective. It's only successful against boosted sweepers and is useless against stall and bulky offense, the latter is what all tiers(excluding ubers) are constructed of this gen.

Nah ditto is a normal pokemon.
    If we are talking about banned pokemon I think that smergale should banned
    Hey everyone!
    My friend safari type is fire and the pokemons that can be found there are: Magmar, Larvesta, Fletchinder.

That's a bit of an overstatement if people are saying Ditto of all Pokemon should be banned. Thing with Ditto is he can set up to be a big threat yes, but stalling? That's a no no.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    You people are so f*cking stupid it's unreal. Ditto will NEVER be banned. It isn't even a threat in freaking NU and you want it to go to ubers? Play the metagame, understand it better, then maybe you'll eat your words. It adapts to whatever metagmae it's in. If it were in a HO offensive meta, which nothing in BW is, then it would be very effective. It's only successful against boosted sweepers and is useless against stall and bulky offense, the latter is what all tiers(excluding ubers) are constructed of this gen.
    Actually no one in this thread said it should be banned.. and I think it can be good for stall teams if they don't like quagsmire as he can beat the greatest fear of those teams which is set up sweepers.
    So what blaziken was UU/RU now he reached Ubers cause of his DW ability, so is dugtrio and zam those two were NU and they reached OU.

It's stats are too low, and even when it does do it's thing, it hardly has any PP of each move
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Norns View Post
    It's stats are too low, and even when it does do it's thing, it hardly has any PP of each move
    The only stat that really matters for Ditto is HP, and with full investment it has similar HP to a pokemon with Base 80 HP. When Ditto takes on the role of a sweeper, that's actually pretty decent. PP isn't an issue either, as Ditto copies the opponents moves at full PP(I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    And then you realize no one has said it will go above UU

it will be ou but not ban worthy i is a very good revenge killer but with team preview its easy to work around

Please Join A great Website for All of us Pokemon Lovers http://forums.pokemonplus.net/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast