Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think Ditto should be banned?

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    You people are so f*cking stupid it's unreal. Ditto will NEVER be banned. It isn't even a threat in freaking NU and you want it to go to ubers? Play the metagame, understand it better, then maybe you'll eat your words. It adapts to whatever metagmae it's in. If it were in a HO offensive meta, which nothing in BW is, then it would be very effective. It's only successful against boosted sweepers and is useless against stall and bulky offense, the latter is what all tiers(excluding ubers) are constructed of this gen.
    rage much?

i dont think it'll be ou. everything has been pretty much stated, but i have a question. do hazards affect it before or after the transformation?

and waffle, half the ou tier is all about setting up. js....

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    rage much?

i dont think it'll be ou. everything has been pretty much stated, but i have a question. do hazards affect it before or after the transformation?

and waffle, half the ou tier is all about setting up. js....
    Before the transformation first the switch then it tranforms and I think I got it how it wors in doubles it tranforms to the pokemon in front of it.
    you can use it it is released no need to theorymoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I was actually talking about the people who want to see ditto banned not the posters. There's just so many people who scream the ban hammer on ditto w/o any knowledge what so ever.

Out of curiousity, does quick powder still work on ditto when it is transformed?

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Neither the Quick Powder nor the Metal Powder work for Ditto after it has transformed. The only item that can boost its speed after transforming is the Choice Scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Boy View Post
    Nah ditto is a normal pokemon.
    If we are talking about banned pokemon I think that smergale should banned
    No, smeargle's stats are far to terrible for it to be broken. It's best stat is 75 in speed, which is downright sad.

It has an infinite movepool, but a very difficult time using it.
    I was actually talking about the people who want to see ditto banned not the posters. There's just so many people who scream the ban hammer on ditto w/o any knowledge what so ever.
    Even then, I don't think that justifies rudeness.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

I have little experience with ditto, but when I do face it and I'm using an offensive poke, I tend to go for the move that hurts ditto badly and the poke that's out. So far ditto has not even come close to sweeping me

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Hard choice. Since Ditto with imposter can immediately copy the stats and moves of the opposing Pokemon it switches into, it would make sense for it to go to ubers, but then again, all the opponent would have to do is switch Pokemon. So in that sense, it would be in standard play.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    Hard choice. Since Ditto with imposter can immediately copy the stats and moves of the opposing Pokemon it switches into, it would make sense for it to go to ubers, but then again, all the opponent would have to do is switch Pokemon. So in that sense, it would be in standard play.
    Just because it can become another Pokemon doesn't mean anything. Zoroark having Illusion didn't do much to the tier. Hell, you don't see it doing much outside of being a false NP Infernape. A major thing that will prevent Ditto from going to Ubers is that it only has 20 total PP in after turning into the opposing Pokemon. Ditto also requires a large need to have knowledge of just about any Pokemon. It could become a Latios, the person would need to know how to use Latios. The use of Ditto basically require the skill of the user to be even remotely useful

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    Its not as simple as Ditto just switching in. It either needs a choice scarf or hope that it wins the speed tie. If you choose a choice scarf it will be locked into the next move it uses so you need to think about what move you use next like TerraWolf said. Also you can't just switch it in on anything because it can't change into anything behind a sub and doesn't get the hidden power of anything it changes.

Ditto with Imposter Ability

Pros
    Automatic transforms when switching in.
    Copies all stat boost/drops of opponent
    Can use Choice scarf for a revenge killer set

Cons
    5 pp for mov limit
    Has lower hp then most(may be higher then some fragile sweepers that it transforms into.)
    Cannot use imposter if an opponent has a Substitute up.
    Choice scarf sets lock Ditto into one move that it can only use 5 times

It seems prettybalanced to me so it should be Over Used not Uber.

Also anyone who says Imposter Ditto well be the same(tier/competive wise) as Zoruark didn't check Smogon. Ditto plays a a very different game then Zoruark and does/did pretty good in Smogon's BW tier as it acts like the perfect stat boosting counter and revenge killer(provided substitute is down.)
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Neither the Quick Powder nor the Metal Powder work for Ditto after it has transformed. The only item that can boost its speed after transforming is the Choice Scarf.
    They need to fix that.

I doubt it will be Uber however, I think it will preform quite well in the tier itself.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Just because it can become another Pokemon doesn't mean anything. Zoroark having Illusion didn't do much to the tier. Hell, you don't see it doing much outside of being a false NP Infernape. A major thing that will prevent Ditto from going to Ubers is that it only has 20 total PP in after turning into the opposing Pokemon. Ditto also requires a large need to have knowledge of just about any Pokemon. It could become a Latios, the person would need to know how to use Latios. The use of Ditto basically require the skill of the user to be even remotely useful
    Illlusion and Imposter are actually nothing alike. That comparison is awful.

Also, since ditto will be transforming into boosted pokemon oftenly, 5 PP is more then enough for it to sweep.

And your Latios example is also pretty bad. For one, anyone who is any good at OU will understand how pokemon there are used, even if they don't use them themselves. I've gotten the hang of plenty of pokemon on first try. Secondly, if you send it out on a Latios, it's a simple as hitting Draco Meteor. Then you're done. It doesn't take much skill to hit Draco Meteor instead of surf. And if you send it out on a +6 Salamence? We all know how that'll turn out.

While I do agree that it isn't uber worthy, I'm just pointing out that your argument isn't all that good.
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Illlusion and Imposter are actually nothing alike. That comparison is awful.

Also, since ditto will be transforming into boosted pokemon oftenly, 5 PP is more then enough for it to sweep.

And your Latios example is also pretty bad. For one, anyone who is any good at OU will understand how pokemon there are used, even if they don't use them themselves. I've gotten the hang of plenty of pokemon on first try. Secondly, if you send it out on a Latios, it's a simple as hitting Draco Meteor. Then you're done. It doesn't take much skill to hit Draco Meteor instead of surf. And if you send it out on a +6 Salamence? We all know how that'll turn out.

While I do agree that it isn't uber worthy, I'm just pointing out that your argument isn't all that good.
    Illusion is easy to get through, but not if you know what it is. Imposter is harder to use. If someone brings out some low tiers sweeper that no one has any prior use with the Ditto user is gonna have a bad time

Quote Originally Posted by TerraWolf View Post
    Illusion is easy to get through, but not if you know what it is. Imposter is harder to use. If someone brings out some low tiers sweeper that no one has any prior use with the Ditto user is gonna have a bad time
    Well, for one, they're called under and never used for a reason. You won't be seeing them just anyway.

And besides, it doesn't take much knowledge to know to use super power rather then ice punch on an Azumarill or whatever, so actually, it doesn't take much knowledge to know how to use ditto. It just requires that you are familiar with moves and types.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, for one, they're called under and never used for a reason. You won't be seeing them just anyway.

And besides, it doesn't take much knowledge to know to use super power rather then ice punch on an Azumarill or whatever, so actually, it doesn't take much knowledge to know how to use ditto. It just requires that you are familiar with moves and types.
    aka familiar with most of the metagame, which is what I said

alot of my friends HATE my ditto, it's never gonna be banned. It doesn't require the most in-depth strategy, and its somewhat fun to use.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Found one on the Battle Subway...(was most likely hacked due to being shiny and being from an English game)...I should have used put that Chansey to sleep and then used Substitute again but no, I was acting so cool and I destroyed it with my Modest max Special Attack Venusaur's Solarbeam at +6 in the sun. Then came Ditto, hit me first. Mamoswine almost had it with Ice Shard but there went off Solarbeam, booting me off the subway at battle 7 with a loss.

I hope this is a lesson to you, let the foe's sweeper set up until it can't no more, sacrifice what you have in play, then send out your Choice Scarf Ditto, you're almost guaranteed victory.

I don't think or want it to be banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp
    I hope this is a lesson to you, let the foe's sweeper set up until it can't no more, sacrifice what you have in play, then send out your Choice Scarf Ditto, you're almost guaranteed victory.
    Uh, no shit, that's rather obvious. However just seeing a Ditto in your opponents party is an obvious giveaway, and as such, can easily be played around.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Uh, no shit, that's rather obvious. However just seeing a Ditto in your opponents party is an obvious giveaway, and as such, can easily be played around.
    Stoopid Battle Subway...

Also, watch your tongue, this is a kids' game we're talking about.

I do not believe Ditto should be banned as it is able to be countered by teams by having good prediction

Credits to Sworn for the Banner, buttons to astral shadow, Drac Buttons to EG

Ditto isn't even that good in Ubers. The only Dragon that he can safely revenge is Rayquaza, as Dialga just Dragon Tails you out (and if you Dragon Tail, you're locked into a Scarf Dragon Tail, which is bad for reasons I don't care to explain), Palkia either survives with Haban Berry or risks a speed tie with Scarf. Zekrom can viably run Scarf, and if you DM it, you become setup fodder for Arceus, Ho-Oh, Blaziken, etc. Kyurem-B/W can both run Scarf, and Ditto can't switch into CB/Specs Outrage/DM/Freeze Shock.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

I hope they don't ban him. It is sooooooooo funny to watch as a ditto imposters haxorus and outrages it. This is the best revenge killer for dragons and ghosts. Plus, i think foes may rage quit if you try this on their fav pokemon. It counters some of the biggest sweepers in the ou relm. I hope it isnt banned. I don't want it banned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12