Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OCD/weird things you do in the game?

-Organize PC pokemon by type, like BOX1 is Normal, 2 is Grass and so on. Then I have other boxes for Eggs/babies, legendaries, traded, transfer, party pokemon...

-All of my party pokemon (like ones a group into a party for online battles and such) need to have a nickname.

-I will not use a pokemon just for an outstanding trait like high defenses, speed, or attack, or a good ability, if I don't like how it looks.

-I must have certain number of items. Like: 15 potions, 25 super potions, 50 hyper potions, 75 max potions, 100 full restores. This applies to status healers and things like soda pop and moomoo milk as well. o.o

-Under no circumstance can 2 pokemon in one party have the same type.

-I generally never switch out party pokemon for the first story playthrough and postgame, after I catch it. So the pidove I caught on route 3, was still with me when I battled Alder (evolved though).

-Eggs are always hatched in one location for a game. For Black and White, its Skyarrow bridge, for most others, its the Cycling Road or Pokemon League.
    My Black party right now:

When it comes to my first playthrough, I have a lot of OCD tendencies:

I must have one Fire and one Water Pokemon, and preferably one Grass, one Electric, and something that can use Fly. I also usually have at least one dual-type on my team. However, I cannot have more than one of the same type on the same team. I always use the full six slots on my team.

I never name the player character after myself. Ever.

If I'm not looking at the screen when the message "(Player) saved the game!" appears, I have to save again.

All my Pokemon must be within one level of each other unless absolutely necessary (such as an Elite Four battle or when I need to use an HM slave to get through a dungeon).

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Some things I do:

• I don't use Repels, Escape Ropes, Master Balls, PP Ups, PP Max, or Max Revives. However, I start using Repels and Escape Ropes once I beat the Elite Four.
    • Boxed Pokémon are arranged by type and national order. Spare boxes are used to keep legendaries, shinies, events, and synchronizers.
    • I don't train shinies or legendaries.
    • I keep the quantity of each item in my bag divisible by 5 or 2.
    • I don't teach HM moves (bar Surf and Waterfall) to my team members.
    • I try to hatch eggs in places the Pokémon is most likely to be found in the wild.
    • I like having one Pokémon from each generation in my team.
    • I don't like having two Pokémon of the same type in my team and I also don't like training the same Pokémon my rival or another main character has.
    Richie | 4597 0550 9417 | Nosepass, Onix, Rhydon

I always save twice and save often (I've had too many nightmares of losing a lot of progress from playing so many SNES games and Fallout 3)
    I always put the DS down when I throw a Pokeball out.
    I'm a bit obsessed with making sure I'm using the Pokemon that the opponent's Pokemon is weak to

I only use Pokeballs and Masterballs...Legendaries are a pain...
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

I always overstock and overlevel for the E4, ride my bike everywhere, never use stuff like old gateaus, and Casteliacones, and never make my final in-game team have 6 members ( which is always coincidental).

EDIT: I also save twice before shutting my game off.
    Last edited by LordLucario21; 9th July 2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.

Looking for:

Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

My favorite Pokemon:

Shinies:

A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

I hate any pokeball that isn't a normal pokeball and refuse to use it aside from the event balls and masterballs of course.
    I hate having the legendary pokemon from the game covers in my party.

Let's see:

I save in the middle of the pokeball in the pokemon center.
    I heal my pokemon before saving or putting them in boxes.
    I save two, sometimes three times, (unless I see the saved message come up I can never be sure if I've actually saved or not)
    I nickname all Pokemon but never nickname legendaries.
    I pretty much never touch legendaries (no levelling up, teaching moves or using in teams). The two exceptions to this are a Jirachi that I just had to use because it was too damn cute and a Zekrom. I'm can't remember how or why I ended up using Zekrom but he's a part of the team now so I can't just stop using him.
    I arrange my boxes by national dex order and have a space for each full evolved pokemon (venusaur, charizard, blastoise, butterfree, etc.)
    I have special boxes for special pokes (special move or ability), shinies, doubles and pokemon with good IVs)
    I have to train everything from the lowest form of pokemon (if you can only catch ariados in the wild, I catch it, breed a spinarak, release the original and evolve the spinarak instead)
    I don't like using traded pokemon (if I trade for a pokemon for my pokedex I have to use it to breed my own and then release the traded one)
    I don't like having a pokedex entry and not owning the pokemon so I pretty much never trade for pokemon if I can't breed my own afterwards(still don't have Tornadus and Landorus)
    I don't trade for pokemon if there's a way I can get them without trading (meaning I only really tradefor version exclusives that I can't get on the DW or starters that I can't get without buying another game or deleting my current one)
    If I have a shiny of something I make sure that that is the sprite that appears in the pokedex
    I pretty much never use items
    I definitely don't use items if I only have one of them (used to never use TMs either)
    I match pokeball designs to pokemon
    When training a team I never have more than a 2 or 3 level gap between the pokes with the lowest and highest levels
    I try not to be obsessive about genders but there are some pokemon that just have to be a certain gender (male Skitty and Jigglypuff I'm looking at you weirdos)

There are probably a load more that I won't remember until I catch myself doing it.
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 10th July 2012 at 2:37 PM.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Just today, I decided that I need to have all of my Pokemon in its National Dex numbered space in my PC ( Box 1 holds Pokemon #1 - #30, Box #2 holds #31 - #60 and so on). Also, whenever I talk on this forum I feel the need to capitalize my I's :P But only on here xD

My Pokemon team has to be the same level
    All my Pokemon have assigned spacea in the Pokemon box system based on the order I've caught them
    I try not to evolve my Pokemon unless I deem it strictly nessesary (I only evolved Tepig at Lv. 29 to beat Elesa)
    I always hold down the B button when throwing a Pokeball
    My Friend Code: Black: 1206 5390 3565 Pearl: To follow

Looking for:

My starter MUST be the highest level on the team.
    I'm constantly pressing or holding down the B button, during battle, conversations, riding bike, walking, etc.
    When I buy items, I always buy them so the second digit once they're in my bag is a 5 or 0.
    The only legendaries I can use are the ones that are the version mascot of the game I'm playing (Giratina on Platinum, Ho-oh on HeartGold, Zekrom on White, etc.)
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Let's see...

I always double-save. Doesn't matter when.
    I keep all of the Pokémon I catch in standard PokéBalls.
    I keep all of my Pokémon in the team certain levels apart.
    My starter has to be the strongest.
    If I get my starter decided, I need to catch the other two types to balance the core. Like, if I pick Emboar, I need to add a Grass and a Water Pokémon to the team, etc.
    I stick to my pre-determined in-game team for the whole game. Anything else will be boxed.
    I feel the need to train a Pokémon from the lowest evolution stage possible.

I probably do more, but I haven't caught myself yet.

* I tend to organize both my lv. 100 Pokémon and my shinies...
    * I tend to save a lot, just in case... I'd hate to have my game freeze in the middle of a double battle in the wild... had that happen once... hated it... darn glitch.
    Last edited by WishIhadaManafi5; 12th July 2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I never use my bike
    I like to evolve my pokemon
    I always have my boxes aranged my way.

I have claimed a Golbat!

I save my game about 3 times before shutting off. I don't know why

I also feel the urge to battle every single trainer I see. Can't waste any exp ^_^

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by TeamGalacticMars View Post
    I never use my bike
    I like to evolve my pokemon
    I always have my boxes aranged my way.
    Seriously? How do you not go insane? o_O

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

i dont use more than one type of pokemon. for example, if i have a flying/normal type, i dont use a normal or flying type.
    i arrange the order of my team by shortest name to longest name, same with my moves.
    if i have a dual type, i only use one move of that type on my pokemon.

In every gen I have played I ALWAYS arrange my items. Max Repels first, evolution stones, and hold items (plates, battle items, evolutionary items((eg. magmarizer)), shards).
    -I also get really anxious when I use even the tiniest amount of money so I try and be as frugal as possible.
    -I always try to catch legendaries in pokeballs just because it seems funny to me.
    -I never give my pokemon any nicknames.
    [[SHINIES]]
    chained:
    Random Encounter:
    Masuda: 1004 eggs 452 eggs 1380 eggs 371 eggs 21 eggs (with skill link and aqua tail and a naive nature=]) 418 eggs Froakie 15 eggs 119 eggs
    traded:
    Soft Reset:

I arrange my boxes by type.
    Use bike wherever I go
    Never nickname my Pokémon
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

I have never nicknamed a Pokemon, always catch Pokes in PokeBalls (never any other kinds such as Great Balls) as it looks unprofessional - Legendaries are a pain. I also never repeat a type and always heal before a battle with a rival or main trainer (even if I'm sure I'm going to win) just to impress the CPU. Psycho I know

Unlike most of you who save up your money, I'm a terrible money spender. Before I go catch a legendary, I get at least 10-20 of each pokeball I think I might use. Even if I already have a bunch. (So now I have 30 Timer balls that I should really sell back...) But I beat the game a while ago and sold a bunch of the Undella Bay treasures, so I have more money than I know what to do with anyway. XD

Occasionally I'll get really invested in totally useless projects.
    As an example, I spent all of yesterday hatching and nicknaming a small army of Castform. Am I ever going to use them? Probably not, Castform is pathetic. Was it fun? Oh yes.
    Last edited by Wolfgirl44; 13th July 2012 at 9:01 PM.
    This conversation needs more Ignitionshipping.
    --------------------------------------

--------------------------------------

I always save inside of a Pokemon Center...I blame the Stadium games for this little quirk
    I spend long periods of time rearranging the Pokemon in my boxes
    I am very particular about the Pokeballs my Pokemon go in and sometimes struggle with having certain Pokeballs together in my party. Specialty ones with a White bottom (Net, Timer, Repeat) and ones that are fully different colors (Dive, Dusk, Quick, Heal, Luxury, etc.) clash to me. But Pokeballs and Great Balls are timeless. Ultra balls are kinda ugly :P

I try to save in the middle of the Pokeball of the Pokemon Center, which made Sapphire particularly frustrating...there I would save in my Secret Base or in the hot springs
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

-This no longer applies to me, now that I have two DSes and both White and Black, but whenever I went below ten people in Black City, I would restart the game.

-When obtaining gym badges, I keep my starter two levels higher than the rest of my team.

-My starter has to always be male.
    Last edited by Bokk; 14th July 2012 at 4:39 AM.
    3DS FC: 1891-2290-4958

Well on black I always take Samurott Excadrill and Emolga wherever I go. On my white I must have all my Pokemon roughly the same level. It's not much but...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast