Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: OCD/weird things you do in the game?

Every time I buy pokeballs I get multiples of 10 for premier balls, which are the ones I want, and I always nickname pokemon that I somewhat care about, unless they're trade fodder or traded from someone else
    White team:
    Diamond team:

I always save my game twice.
    All the pokemon I'm going to use in my team have to be caught in normal pokeballs.
    All my team members must be nicknamed.
    I never use my bike.
    I hate having legendaries in my party.
    ♥ Ferriswheelshipping ♥

White FC: 2408-5560-5025

I never use PP healing items such as ethers or elixers.
    I never use max revives.
    I never use masterballs.
    I used to never use TMs. Unlimited TMs are the greatest thing to ever happen.

None of the pokemon that are in my party are allowed to learn HM moves except for surf or waterfall so I get an HM slave out whenever I need it but put it back in the PC afterwards (Tropius).

All of my pokemon must be a gender that is the opposite of what they look like. (For example: Machamp, Slowbro/king, Weezing, Slaking, etc. must be female, while Bellossom, Clefable, Gardevoir, etc. must be male) I'm just weird like that lol..(Unless the IVs are good which is happening in my Black game so it's really really bothering me D; )

All of the pokeballs must match the pokemon's personality. (For example, Chansey goes in a heal ball, legendaries never go in timer/dusk balls)

No pokemon is allowed to faint while battling so I constantly soft-reset if one gets knocked out.

Unless I'm training low-leveled pokemon, no pokemon is allowed to share exp. since I want them to get the full amount and I soft-reset if it gets shared

Any nickname I give to my pokemon must be a normal noun without numbers or symbols and all pokemon must share the same name theme. (Platinum's theme was food names, Soul Silver's theme was things in a bathroom, and Black's theme is office supplies names).

I only catch the pokemon that I like unless I really need something from GTS so my pokedex is not that impressive...

Post-RBY/GSC I stopped using legendaries and they are now only meant for novelty.

After beating the Elite Four, I stop using my original pokemon party to battle so that I can save the exp for EV trained ones.

I always spam A while: an egg is hatching, I'm healing my pokemon, and after I throw a pokeball.
    Last edited by Poliwhirl'sMittens; 14th July 2012 at 9:41 AM.

One time I tried to copy Iris and make a whole dragon type team for fun if that count's?

Uhhhh....

If not....

I SING WEIRD LYRICS TO THE MUSIC?

.-.;
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

- I would always use my starter and the elemental monkey only always.
    - I catch all three monkies every time for each run-through.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

The most odd thing was getting a mystery gift darkai, and saving after i checked it was adament nature

My PC is arranged so that there are no random spaces between the Pokemon. I remember I used to arrange them in extremely specific boxes, too.

I now treat the Gym battles like the Anime battles, using the same amount of Pokemon and not using healing items in battle.
    Misty could be making a semi-permanent appearance in Pokemon X and Y.
    Information leaked that she might appear in the Pokemon Black and White after Rival Destinies or in the following series(the Pokemon x and y series).A guy who works for the pokemon company gave us this information but it is not certain how or if she will even appear.
    Response:
    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    My dad's best friend's cousin, john gamefreak, said that he knows a source told him that max will come back on the show and get married to bonnie and they will have kids.
    Sarcasm: A true form of art.

~ My starter will either be grass or water, and I have this pattern going concerning them. ((Silver)Feraligatr, (Sapphire) Sceptile, (Emerald) Swampert, (LeafGreen) Venusaur, (Pearl) Empoleon, (Platinum) Torterra, (HeartGold) Feraligatr, (Black) Serperior, and Samurott will be next in Black2) If I ever choose fire, it will be the biggest combo breaker I've ever done.

~ I name the Legendary Mascot after the game its in, such as Rayquaza Emerald, Palkia Pearl, Ho-Oh Gold. Reshiram was the odd ball in that I named it Yang, cause Black just didn't suit it.

~ I make sure my team are all around the same level.

~ Virtually use my bike whenever I can.
    Shinies:

I use my bike everywhere I go in the game...except buildings.
    Repeatedly press the A button even though that doesn't make the game go any faster.
    I limit using 1 legendary and one starter in my team.
    Most of the time I save inside the Nimbasa City Pokemon Center...wonder how the girl with her Minccino feels about that. o_O
    I change my team members around A LOT.
    Fan of Pokemon and South Park!

I only nickname party members...pre gen 4 I nicknamed everything, but found myself running out of names :/

Hm, what else? I guess I always have to save in the Pokecenter, standing in the middle of the pokeball on the floor. Oh, and I always have a surfer and a flyer on my team, no matter what.

I also try never to put my DS in sleep mode in the middle of a battle. It just, ugh, it feels wrong.
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

-I only use Poke Balls when catching potential team members, unless I'm forced to use a Safari Ball.
    -I nickname only team members and anything else I may have a non-HM Slave use for.
    -On Black, I absolutely MUST have my Emboar and Simisage in my party AT ALL TIMES, as they're the only remaining members of the team that fought N and Ghetsis.
    -When hatching an Egg, I always make an effort to hatch it in what would be a natural habitat for the baby.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 17th July 2012 at 10:43 PM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

I only like to use PokéBalls when catching Pokémon
    I never use my Master Ball on anything unless a Shiny Pokémon that has a dangerous move like whirlwind appears
    I never nickname my Pokémon. I prefer they're actual names.
    Sometimes I save twice to make sure I saved...
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Frillish: Random(W2) / Golurk: Random(W2) / Beldum: Masuda Method(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

I always use my bike, even at short distances. Everywhere. Except indoors ofc.

Credit to Riataro from EGC

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I used to not use any support or stat boosting moves, but dragon dance opened me up to using boosters, i also never nickname my pokemon. My starter is also always 2 levels higher than my other teammates. Also, unless its a useful pokemon ( archeops) i never have a flyer on my team, just some random poke in my PC that i get out whenever i need to go somewhere

-I always save standing on the Pokeball logo in the middle of the Pokecenter.
    -I always hatch my eggs on Skyarrow Bridge (It's just so that I don't have to swerve my direction keys over and over again. I can just hit one direction for some period of time until I hear my character entering a terminal, when I hear that, I just go in the opposite direction. Rinse and repeat. Nice part about this is that I can multitask and do something else and just follow the sound of the game.
    -I only use standard Pokeballs, I never touch the other Pokeballs during my play-through. It's probably just an aesthetic obsession. Also you rarely see anything other than a Pokeball in the anime.
    -I save before any major battle (several times on occasion even if I clearly see my game saving)
    -I arrange my boxes so that each one contains Pokemon that looks like they originate from the environment shown in the wallpaper.
    -I always try to keep all of my Pokemon at the same level.

- I always save more than once when I am done with my game for the day (for good measure too! have pressed the magical power button on impulse by accident)
    - I always hatch my eggs on route 3 (which has been often as of late)
    - I for some reason... always talk to the nurse joy twice to heal my pokemon (even though they are already healed...)
    - I only use greatballs.
    - I can't go anywhere without my darkrai or flyer Pokemon.
    - I arrange my boxes based on the actual pokedex, keep legendaries in a legendaries box, partys in a party box and eggs in eggs. (Also includes removing any items from all pokemon)
    - I have to re-arrange my inventory, and double check on items to make sure I have them still (don't wanna lose anything)
    - I never nickname my pokemon (dont see why...) Any pokemon I DO have nicknamed would be my Arcanine, which is called Amaterasu.
    On Hiatus playing FF14 ARR

- i organize my PC boxes by type, trained, and sometimes species if i breed it a lot.
    - i ride my bike everywhere
    - i save after every "important" event or catching a Pokemon
    - i try to hatch eggs in my favorite cites (castellia ans nimbassa)
    - i wont use an item if i don't have another one of it
    - sometimes i get emotional when a Pokemon evolves
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

- I must have a water pokemon in my team

- I must catch evey wild pokemon from each species in the route/place I pass

- I must use Crobat or Swoobat in my team, they're my signature

- I must level up my team 4/5 level higher than the next gym leader's pokemon before facing them

- I must battle all trainers in the region and talk to all charactets in the game even if it means in my jpn version game where I don't get the language.

- That's all so far.

Kalos shinies (Some):
    - Vivillon Hunt Complete! -

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I have to colour coordinate Pokeballs to the Pokemon.

Also, whenever I battle a Breeder (or another trainer that has a team equivalent to the number of Pokemon on my team), I have to have each Pokemon fight another at least once.

I am incredibly picky about PC organization.
    I always nickname my team members.
    When I nickname my dex fillers I give them a label based on their dex number, name, and order caught like 646/K/1 or 001/B/2.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

I always save in houses.
    Never nickname pokemon.
    Keep pokemon that need friendship to evolve in my party for a week before training.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxhydre View Post
    Uhhhh....

If not....

I SING WEIRD LYRICS TO THE MUSIC?

.-.;
    Lol!
    I do that too sometimes.
    I come up with really random lyrics that really don't make any sense at all.

-When i save in in the PC, i always stand on the pokeball sign on the floor facing the door
    -i save twice just incase (i forgot a lot)
    -when i find two pokemon(the parents) that make the pokemon i want with the right IV's and nature and such, i put those two parents in the top right hand corner. I also mark the parents, wit the mother having a heart, and the father with the diamond. The offspring has both the heart and diamond as not to get confused with the immense amount of pokemon while breeding.
    -I always keep my pokemon with the HM fly in my second slot so i can press "RIGHT A DOWN A" and be prepared forflight.
    -I like to have 99 potions and anything else from the pokemart, usually when i can.
    -i DO NOT nickname my pokemon. i find it silly.
    -i hatch my pokemon on route 3
    -when i breed i have to have 2 open slots for eggs. Ex. in slot 4, i put an egg, slot 5 magma armour pokemon, and slot 6 another egg.
    -I have a box for legendaries, and its in dex order
    -i have a box for my party pokemon. highest levels and/or pokemon i use the most on the top row. it is also the same box i keep my other battlebox pokemon
    -when i breed, i keep one box for that evolutionary line. and the box HAS to be named from the first evolution, example: solosis. the first letter also has to be capitalized and the rest lower cased
    -the lag when leaving the pokemon center in nimbasa city, and immediately biking north to the big stadium bothers me.
    -i try to save right on the hour. example: 17:00
    -in the previous games the pokemon all names in all capitals. and same with the player name. but it looks ridiculous in white because everything is now properly upper and lower cased. so pokemon names in capital really bother me. and my trainer name bothers me too, because that never occured to me and i dont want to restart my game.
    Last edited by Plasticman21; 14th August 2012 at 4:51 AM.
    White FC: 2966 8554 1267

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticman21 View Post
    -When i save in in the PC, i always stand on the pokeball sign on the floor facing the door
    -i save twice just incase (i forgot a lot)
    -when i find two pokemon(the parents) that make the pokemon i want with the right IV's and nature and such, i put those two parents in the top right hand corner. I also mark the parents, wit the mother having a heart, and the father with the diamond. The offspring has both the heart and diamond as not to get confused with the immense amount of pokemon while breeding.
    -I always keep my pokemon with the HM fly in my second slot so i can press "RIGHT A DOWN A" and be prepared forflight.
    -I like to have 99 potions and anything else from the pokemart, usually when i can.
    -i DO NOT nickname my pokemon. i find it silly.
    -i hatch my pokemon on route 3
    -when i breed i have to have 2 open slots for eggs. Ex. in slot 4, i put an egg, slot 5 magma armour pokemon, and slot 6 another egg.-I have a box for legendaries, and its in dex order
    -i have a box for my party pokemon. highest levels and/or pokemon i use the most on the top row. it is also the same box i keep my other battlebox pokemon
    -when i breed, i keep one box for that evolutionary line. and the box HAS to be named from the first evolution, example: solosis. the first letter also has to be capitalized and the rest lower cased
    -the lag when leaving the pokemon center in nimbasa city, and immediately biking north to the big stadium bothers me.
    -i try to save right on the hour. example: 17:00
    -in the previous games the pokemon all names in all capitals. and same with the player name. but it looks ridiculous in white because everything is now properly upper and lower cased. so pokemon names in capital really bother me. and my trainer name bothers me too, because that never occured to me and i dont want to restart my game.
    Just checking, but Magma Armor/Flame Body only halves egg steps when it's placed in the lead spot of your party. Why would you put it in the 5th spot?

The last point I 100% agree entirely. I even nickname all Pokemon I transfer from past games in BW format, so they are not oddballs when they arrive in Gen 5!
    Current Hunts

2,460 SRs/4,920 birds seen - PAUSED

SS BQ Hunt #2 - Route 32

5,500 REs

SS BQ

CLICKY >>> <<< CLICKY

Something else I do too. I based my idea off the Pokémon TCG.

Since Legendary Pokémon are kinda common, I marked them with the Circle mark.
    Then there's the event Pokémon, which aren't completely rare, but uncommon nonetheless, so I mark them with the Diamond.
    Then shinies, I mark with the Star mark, since they're pretty rare.

Then there's the other marks which I use much less commonly, such as the Triangle that marks EV'd Pokémon and the heart that marks Pokémon I like.<

Also, @plasticman and TheMaster, I still type my OT in full capital letters, because otherwise it would look out of place on the start menu (what with every option on there being all caps.)
    The day they stop capitalizing the start menu options like that is the day I start typing my OT "properly."
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 15th August 2012 at 1:43 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast