Nature: Timid or modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
    Item: Choice Specs/Scarf or Expert Belt
    Moveset:
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard
    -Focus Blast
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -(Filler Move)

Ice move for STAB. Blizzard is only used in hail, or for added power with lower accuracy. Focus Blast to take out steels and rock types. Dragon Pulse for coverage and STAB, or Draco Meteor for added power, but lowers special attack which may force you to switch. The final move is optional, and i have no idea what goes here. Items are optional depending on what works for you.

@ Life Orb
    Modest Nature [+SpA, - Atk]
    EVs: 52 HP / 240 SpA / 216 Spe
    [Pressure]
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Earth Power

With the long-sought-after tutors blessing Kyurem with recovery and a key coverage tool, this set aims to take advantage of Kyurem's best duo of BW2 tutor moves and the huge 130 base SpA stat it holds. It can also attempt to PP stall slower opponents, something which other common sets can't do. Substitute and 52 HP EVs guarantee the infamous 101 HP subs, which help against things like Sableye and other crap that Kyurem beats easily. The 216 Speed EVs allow you to beat Adamant Lucario and OHKO it with Earth Power. Roost forms the well-known SubRoost combination that can stall opponents to no end, and allows Stealth Rock, Life Orb and Substitute damage to be almost no hassle. Dragon Pulse is the best attack for this set, and allows it to hit with good neautral coverage. Earth Power is a great tool, allowing it to hit Heatran for an easy OHKO without the risk of Focus Blast.

However, bulky Grass-types like Celebi now threaten this set more than other sets, and this set can easily allow Scizor to setup. Still, the few drawbacks I have stated may not exist when team support is involved. Air Balloon Heatran can switch in on both of them (but Superpower OHKOs from CB Scizor, so be wary) and KO with Fire Blast, and has decent synergy. Be wary of Conkeldurr, though.

Speaking of which, Liquid Ooze Tentacruel can take on Conkeldurr, as Drain Punch hurts Conkeldurr a little, whilst Scald can eventually wear it down.

Now that's SubRoost.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Scizor is a great revenge killer to weakened Kyurem as it blasts it with STAB Technician Choice Banded boosted Bullet Punch.

^Actually, Scizor can take 90-95% off of Kyurem with Bullet Punch alone.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ^Actually, Scizor can take 90-95% off of Kyurem with Bullet Punch alone.
    Yes that too, but it can't switch in safely if Ky' uses HP Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    SubRoost is one of Kyurem's best bets, thanks to the BW2 move tutors.

Why... would you use Iron Head and Zen Headbutt?

Fly? No.
    Fly stalls for a turn while still dealing damage. Though you could still switch out. Still have protect. And dragon tail. Maybe add sub in there?
    Partners.
    Abomnasnow for hail
    Starmie or other rapid spinners

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Fly stalls for a turn while still dealing damage. Though you could still switch out. Still have protect. And dragon tail. Maybe add sub in there?
    Partners.
    Abomnasnow for hail
    Starmie or other rapid spinners
    No one uses Fly competitively hardly, plus Hurricane from Tornadus can hurt you in the rain.

To me, Kyurem has always been a great Pokemon stat-wise, but the reason why I never used it is because of it's terrible defensive typing. Dragon/Ice gives it 4 weaknesses to common types such as Dragon, Rock, and Fighting, as well as losing 25% of its HP when it switches into Stealth Rock. It also has a mediocre movepool giving it lackluster coverage. However, in B2W2 it gained two fantastic moves: Earth Power and Roost. Earth Power gives it a way to smack Steel types hard without having to rely on Focus Miss. Roost allows Kyurem to heal off any prior damage.

Because of these new additions to its movepool, I think Kyurem can run a few sets effectively.

Choice
    Kyurem @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid / Modest
    Blizzard / Ice Beam
    Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    Earth Power
    Hidden Power Fire

This set makes a great revenge killer with a Scarf or a powerful wallbreaker with a Specs. It's also great on Hail teams due to Blizzard's perfect accuracy.

Life Orb
    Kyurem @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid / Naive
    Blizzard / Ice Beam
    Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    Earth Power
    Outrage / Roost

This also functions as a wallbreaker, but has more flexibility at the cost of some power. The choice between Outrage and Roost is generally between the ability to break through Special walls or reliable recovery.

Substitute
    Kyurem @ Leftovers / Life Orb
    EVs: 56 HP / 232 SpA / 216 Spe
    Nature: Modest / Timid
    Substitute
    Blizzard / Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Roost / Earth Power

Kyurem has good bulk and a few good resistances that allow it to set up Substitute quite often. The addition of Roost allows Kyurem to heal off the Substitute recoil. Though Earth Power is an option for extra coverage.

I wonder why we don't do all the forms in one POTW.. Mainly I think choice scarf is the best set as kyurem is slow for a sweeper and have a fighting weakness but luckly it resists water moves so it can be good countering rain

anyway sets in OU:

@choice scarf
    Modest
    252 sp.attack /252 speed 4 Def
    Pressure
    -Ice Beam
    -Earth Power
    -Draco Meteor
    -Focus miss/Dragon Pulse/Blizzard/HP fire

I think this set is the best for OU cause kyurem is kind of slow and he don't have a speed boosting move so he can get some real damage while not caring that much about speed
    Ice beam is realiable STAB in every situation, Earth Power beat steel types specially Heatran and Jirachi who walled to death BW kyurem and now kyurem got a move to go pass them draco meteor just Nukes everything like most special inclined dragons, focus miss hits. blissey to KO it if it is at low health.. but that's all.. Dragon Pulse is a realible dragon Stab if you think you need it Blizzard is if you are running a hail team it also uses ice beam in case you fail the weather war, HP fire hits.. bug/steels and ferrothorn, beware of scizor and his bullet punches also hits bronzong who otherwise resists all of kyurems' attacks.

mixed Kyurem physical inclined
    @choice scarf
    Rash ( I think this is + attack - def)
    252 attack, 252 speed, 4 sp.attack
    Pressure
    -Outrage
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Beam
    -Earth Power

mainly for surprise kyurem's physical movepool is one word: pathetic even kyurem-B gets only one more move than kyurems like kyurem-B standard kyurem is forced to run mixed, Outrage is a Strong Stab blissey will be surprised witha 0HKO whenit switches in. Stone edge.. well it is coverage with earth power it is kyurems' secound strongest physical attack..
    ice beam is the same as always STAB..

Kyurem can run subroost but it don't have the typing to do so the stats are good but the typing MEH.. could be better

Countering kyurem: Scizor can come on every move kyurem have except HP fire and KO with bullet punch, same for ferrothorn and other steel types not weak to earth power. coming on outrages of physical kyurems can also be used to counter it..
    Blissey and chansey wall kyurem easily Focus Blast doesn't do too much really..
    Last edited by Ilan; 8th July 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I wonder why we don't do all the forms in one POTW..
    I think since both formes are Uber and have their own movesets and counters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marowak View Post
    One of the perks of Kyerum is that its Ice-Typing makes it one of the only dragons not weak to Ice. It also makes for some good hail work. On the other hand, it adds a few unruly weaknesses, like Fighting- and Rock-.
    Dialga is also not weak to ice because of his steel typing :3 only weak to ground and fighting (i think >_O)

(btw my first post on the forums! )

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I think since both formes are Uber and have their own movesets and counters.
    Oh that's right.. but I hope the 2 forms will have a shared POTW since they have similar sets one is full special the other one mixed the revenge killers are mostly the same as they need to be outsped and they have similar defenses and the same typing.
    The walls are not similar though as they need to focus on something it is a base 170 nothing to laugh at.
    but base 170 none boosted and they don't have a way to boost it actually
    Like most legendary dragons kyurem doesn't have access to dragon dance while they have massive power (base kyurem too) they don't have anyway way to boost it further except hone claws and items.

will add some points:
    In OU kyurem is kind of outclassed by latios.
    They have the same base sp.attack stat, but latios has better typing and ability.
    He also is faster and actually is the fastest dragon.

Kyurem is great on hail teams 100% accurate blizzards is great it can nuke 180 BP move which have great coverag something latios can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Kyurem@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Modest/timid
    100hp/252sp.atk/100def/58spdef
    -Pressure
    -Hail/Roost
    -Blizzard/Ice Beam
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic/HP fire/Earth Power
    Last edited by Blaze12x2; 9th July 2012 at 12:41 AM.
    3DS Friend Code 4270-0407-8371

Friend Safari:Kirlia, Floette(Blue) and Jigglypuff

People, stop running Psychic. Kyurem hits hard without it as it is. Wished this thing got Dragon Dance for Kyurem-B with a physical STAB move as it would be better.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 9th July 2012 at 1:14 AM.

Kyurem. You were so powerful when I was trying to catch you, then you fell flat. Anyway, my typical set for Kyurem is special, so here it is:

Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam/Frost Breath
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Dragon Pulse, obvious. Ice beam is obvious as well, frost breath I'll use on occasion for the crit factor, shadow ball and focus blast are for type coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by tobias1532 View Post
    Kyurem. You were so powerful when I was trying to catch you, then you fell flat. Anyway, my typical set for Kyurem is special, so here it is:

Dragon Pulse
    Ice Beam/Frost Breath
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Dragon Pulse, obvious. Ice beam is obvious as well, frost breath I'll use on occasion for the crit factor, shadow ball and focus blast are for type coverage.
    Never use Frost Breath, Blizzard is far more stronger.

my apoligies if this has been posted already, also, I can't get pictures on my 3ds.

Kyurem @Lefties
    Timid
    56hp, 200sp.atk, 252spe
    -Ice Beam/Blizzard
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute
    -Roost
    with the 56 hp ev's, kyurem reaches 404 hit points, allowing for 101 hp subs. Max speed is necessary because of kyurem's average speed score. Earth power rounds out kyurem's coverage with the ice/ground combo, and ice beam is the best choice unless you're using a hail team, or if you rely on hax to win your battles.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Well, here it goes. This is my first post on one of the POTW's, but I've gotten pretty good at EV training and all, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Hailstorm Specialty Kyurem
    Ability: Pressure
    Timid Nature
    Item: Icy Rock
    EVs: 100 Def, 252 SpA, 100 SpD, 56 Spd
    Moveset:
    Blizzard
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse
    Ancientpower

Blizzard gains Hail's bonus accuracy; Earth Power covers Steel and Rock-types, Dragon Pulse for STAB; and Ancientpower's stat boost can be very useful.
    Other options might be Glaciate for multi-battles, signal beam for typing, and maybe draco meteor? Also, having Icy Rock allows it to keep its Hail boost for pretty much the whole time Kyurem will last if the Hail was recent.

Kingmn2 - Done...
    I'm sorry if you are offended by the following, but it is my belief;

God created all animals, (including dinosaurs), they were on the Ark, they then went extinct, (No one knows exactly how), over the course of time.

I am a proud Restoration Christian. If you'd like to know more about us, look up the Cane Ridge Revival.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

My Shinies: (HG-in-game-event), (W2-in-game-event), (First RE Shiny!), Watchog (Second RE!), Patrat (Third RE...seriously?), (Events).

X&Y Battle Video Code (sun team defeats all-legendary team!)
    *5PLG-WWWW-WWW6-8LS5*

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    How about for a pun we do Ice Splice Baby(as Kyurem absorbs the gene of the 2 dragons)!
    I love it.

Well, Kyurem got considerably better in BW2. It now has Roost to help its Stealth Rock weakness and take advantage of its great bulk, as well as Earth Power so that it doesn't have to rely on Focus Blast anymore. I've tried out a LO Roost set in the Hail lately, and it's really good.

Kyurmen@Life Orb
    Timid
    Pressure
    252 SpA, 224 Spe, 32 HP
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Blizzard/Ice Beam
    -Earth Power/Focus Blast
    -Roost

This guy has a great combination of offensive power and survivability. It forces out quite a few Pokemon, making it easy to make time for Roost. Draco Meteor hits anything hard that doesn't resist it. Ever heard of Latios? You know, the notorious Draco Meteor spam master? Yeah, this guy hits just as hard and isn't shut down by specially defensive Jirachi (Earth Power 2HKOs after Stealth Rock). Earth Power makes almost a perfect pair with Draco Meteor, with only Bronzong, Skarmory, and Balloon Steels resisting. Of those, Bronzong is uncommon, Balloon Steels aren't always reliable, and Skarmory isn't liking Blizzard at all (physically defensive is easily OHKOd). There are a couple of slashes here. If you want to stick around longer, Dragon Pulse gives you good power without cutting your SpA with every use. If you're not using Hail, use Ice Beam over Blizzard. Finally, although the accuracy is a big turnoff, Focus Blast can be used over Earth Power. At least it has a good deal more power and keeps you from being helpless against the occasional Bronzong. The EVs here maximize power and give you enough speed to beat Jolly Landorus-T and everything slower. Speed creeping standard Kyurem spreads is also nice. The rest goes to HP to improve bulk a little.

Kyurem has the stats to be uber. That's all that's uber about Kyurem. Its movepool is kind of disappointing. Sure, it packs a monster Blizzard, but Dragon/Ice is redundant type coverage offensively, and on defense, ITS AN ICE TYPE!! The Pressure ability is not that great on Kyurem. I see Kyurem to be in a similar position to Keldeo: powerful STAB moves with not much coverage.
    On the plus side, Kyurem is a staple on Hail teams thanks to having the most powerful Blizzard in the game with a workable base 95 speed, along with OU's most powerful Draco Meteor.

Specs or Scarf
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 special attack and speed, 4 hp (on every set)
    @: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Blizzard/Ice Beam
    Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Earth Power
    Dragon Pulse/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Fire

Special attacking with Kyurem's best tools.

Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    @: Life Orb

Blizzard
    Draco Meteor
    Earth Power
    Roost

Kyurem will never be able to tolerate being an Ice type defensively, but Roost is a nice addition to Kyurem's movepool, one way or another.

Other options:
    Kyurem's attack is just as high as its special attack. However, a lack of a physical movepool outside of Outrage and Stone Edge makes this a poor option.
    Focus Blast hits Steels and packs a lot more power than Earth Power. Beware of that accuracy. Hail will fix Blizzard, but not Focus Blast.
    I claim Buizel.

My biggest beef with Kyurem has to be Glaciate. Why have a signature Move that pitiful? Who cares that it's Aurora Beam with Icy Wind's effect when you have access to Ice Beam and Blizzard? It helps your Base 95 Speed, yes, but so does BATON PASS...

I don't mean to rant, but if Glaciate were moderately better, it might see a little usage. Even if you gave it a guaranteed Freeze, 50% accuracy, and 30 Power, it would be better than it is now. At least the fused forms have signature Moves that are useful AND powerful...but that's for another time...

Joke Set - Please Do Not Take This Set Seriously
    Stats: Timid, Max Speed & HP, rest Sp.Atk
    Item: Salac Berry
    Moves: Glaciate, Roost, Substitute, Hidden Power (Fire)
    Strategy: Crank your Speed up to 11 and pray for Scizor with Hidden Power (Fire) predictions. Sub-Salac + Roost to aid your high HP and low Speed. Be as useless as a Kyurem set can be because of Glaciate...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Kyurem is really worthy POTW as it is pretty unique in ways of having Ice- and Dragon-type STAB but indeed like all great Pokemon is weak to alot of things and can die really fast if not used correctly.

Lol it's weak to steel type attacks...that is all

And Fighting and Rock. Stealth Rock is lethal. Terrakion is obviously a great counter thought it might take some serious damage switching in.

Friend Code: 2492-4126-1302
    Friend Safari: Krabby, Floatzel, Frogadier

Sapphire Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team:
    Dead:

Soulsilver Nuzlocke - COMPLETE!
    Team: **
    Dead:

Platinum Nuzlocke
    Team:
    Dead:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast