4hp/126atk/126spatk/252spd
    Since kyurem can legitly learn both fusion flare fusion bolt

Quote Originally Posted by paipr_christian View Post
    move set pun,

"such an ice sore"
    Give this man a gold star.

Edit:

Forever a Kyurem
    Last edited by Takeo; 9th July 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Give this man a gold star.

Edit:

Forever a Kyurem
    We can't really say it will be BL forever if GF gives it something to help it go to Uber or become a top OU threat.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 9th July 2012 at 3:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDragonMaster View Post
    kyurem@life orb
    Elemental dragon
    -blizzard
    -outrage
    -fusion flare
    -fusion bolt
    Nature - hasty/nieve
    4hp/126atk/126spatk/252spd
    Since kyurem can legitly learn both fusion flare fusion bolt
    Kyurem cannot learn FF and FB in its normal forme.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Sub Roost Kyurem looks pretty cool. PP stalls Ferrothorn out of Gyro Balls, beats Blissey / Chansey and has little trouble with Scizor (Subs on the switch in and either Roosts or Blizzards for a solid 2-3HKO with Hail / Rocks). Can run Blizzard with either Dragon Pulse or Earth Power in the last slot. Probably Earth Power to screw up Tyranitar (though it can PP stall Stone Edge).

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    My biggest beef with Kyurem has to be Glaciate. Why have a signature Move that pitiful? Who cares that it's Aurora Beam with Icy Wind's effect when you have access to Ice Beam and Blizzard? It helps your Base 95 Speed, yes, but so does BATON PASS...

I don't mean to rant, but if Glaciate were moderately better, it might see a little usage. Even if you gave it a guaranteed Freeze, 50% accuracy, and 30 Power, it would be better than it is now. At least the fused forms have signature Moves that are useful AND powerful...but that's for another time...

Joke Set - Please Do Not Take This Set Seriously
    Stats: Timid, Max Speed & HP, rest Sp.Atk
    Item: Salac Berry
    Moves: Glaciate, Roost, Substitute, Hidden Power (Fire)
    Strategy: Crank your Speed up to 11 and pray for Scizor with Hidden Power (Fire) predictions. Sub-Salac + Roost to aid your high HP and low Speed. Be as useless as a Kyurem set can be because of Glaciate...
    The signature moves of kyurem suck.. only his alterante forms moves from zakrom or reshiem are actually good.

I don't really understand the sub roost build.. 252 HP 252 speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

This is very kyul.
    Kyurem
    Nature:Serious
    First of all , Kyurem got a good Attack and Sp. attack , No much problem at all , you will need both of them to deal with fire , ground , dragon or rock types , here´s the moveset.
    Outrage (Physical) This is important , with this , you can deal with any dragon type pokemon or ones with a lot of HP.
    Blizzard/Ice Beam (Special) Both works perfectly , if you want to hit without missing you should go with ice beam , but if you want to hit very hard , use Blizzard , both can deal with dragon , ground , flying and grass type pokemon like Landorus.
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Both Physical) Both works perfectly , Rock slide is good , when you´re dealing with 2 or 3 Pokémon at the same time. Stone edge works fine too and also it has a high critical-hit ratio , with this attacks you can K-O pokémons like Dragonite , Gyarados , Skarmory , etc.
    Dragon Pulse (Special) You can trust this attack without getting confused to deal a good damage to dragon type pokémons.
    Items : Life Orb - Gives you a boost of attack but cost some HP.

Countering Kyurem
    You should take with you a pokemon like heatran , it Steel/Fire typing works perfectly.
    Or pokémons like Scizor , Bronzong or any fighting type pokémon like Machamp , Primeape or Terrakion with an Adamant nature.

Kyurem's glaciate is worse. Really worse. Even Ice Beam overpowers it. He's so special, but, Glaciate? No. I suggest to keep Glaciate away from his movesets. What i would do with him is:

Did you ever saw your'e not symmetrical?
    @ Leftovers
    Mild
    Blizzard/Ice Beam
    Hidden Power [Fire]
    Dragon Pulse
    Outrage

Blizzard and Ice Beam are strong moves that will kill grass walls and other stuff and might kill some of, like, Skarmory? Whatever. Hidden Power Fire kills Ferrothorn, Scizor, and assists the Ice moves if they can't. Dragon Pulse is a just-to-be-there-move, although is really useful. Outrage finishes it. It kills high HPed pokemon and dragons such as Dragonite and Garchomp.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/51x11h.png[/IMG]

Black FC: 5329-0103-2325

Spoiler:- Chamber of Art:

Quote Originally Posted by BNMH View Post
    This is very kyul.
    Kyurem
    Nature:Serious
    First of all , Kyurem got a good Attack and Sp. attack , No much problem at all , you will need both of them to deal with fire , ground , dragon or rock types , here´s the moveset.
    Outrage (Physical) This is important , with this , you can deal with any dragon type pokemon or ones with a lot of HP.
    Blizzard/Ice Beam (Special) Both works perfectly , if you want to hit without missing you should go with ice beam , but if you want to hit very hard , use Blizzard , both can deal with dragon , ground , flying and grass type pokemon like Landorus.
    Stone Edge/Rock Slide (Both Physical) Both works perfectly , Rock slide is good , when you´re dealing with 2 or 3 Pokémon at the same time. Stone edge works fine too and also it has a high critical-hit ratio , with this attacks you can K-O pokémons like Dragonite , Gyarados , Skarmory , etc.
    Dragon Pulse (Special) You can trust this attack without getting confused to deal a good damage to dragon type pokémons.
    Items : Life Orb - Gives you a boost of attack but cost some HP.

Countering Kyurem
    You should take with you a pokemon like heatran , it Steel/Fire typing works perfectly.
    Or pokémons like Scizor , Bronzong or any fighting type pokémon like Machamp , Primeape or Terrakion with an Adamant nature.
    Nature should be either naive or hasty, so then it out runs attackers. Serious does nothing good to it. I would suggest 252 spd and 128 in both offences.

Puns
    Crossing boundries(earthpower sets)
    Ice age
    Dragon popcicle

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Nature should be either naive or hasty, so then it out runs attackers. Serious does nothing good to it. I would suggest 252 spd and 128 in both offences.

Puns
    Crossing boundries(earthpower sets)
    Ice age
    Dragon popcicle
    HUH? what about the focused special attacker?
    anyway sometimes you focus on one attack and leave the other for coverage like salamance he doesn't invert in special attack and he still run mostly mixed and you don't want to take a fire blast on skarmory..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    HUH? what about the focused special attacker?
    anyway sometimes you focus on one attack and leave the other for coverage like salamance he doesn't invert in special attack and he still run mostly mixed and you don't want to take a fire blast on skarmory..
    OK. I see your point. When i said
    Attackers
    I meant general offencive pokemon, not specifiying any single types. though with the set I was criticising, you could go either way. it's your choice if you want to KO with blizzard or outrage. (personally I might go with the latter)
    Last edited by philzone; 10th July 2012 at 4:57 PM. Reason: punctuation errors

Kyurem may not be a Latios but still it has its own niche in Hail, tearing things that don't resist it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    One thing i really don't understand as to why the creators decided to make Kyurem's Standard Form's signature move Glaciate only have 65 BP. I know it gets two more high powered signature moves but both of them are form exclusive like Glaciate.

With only 65 BP, it is of no use and would only be a novelty sort of move. They should have made it have atleast 90 BP (with 95 Acc.) which would make it 5 BP less powerful than Ice Beam but with the added effect of slowing down the opponent.
    It's not so much a novelty move, as it is an Ice type bulldoze, minus the effect of hitting multiple pokemon in a multi battle... I think.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 1005-8699-5051 Username: mmagee1093
    Pokemon White FC: 3825 7992 6139

Quote Originally Posted by wildman101093 View Post
    It's not so much a novelty move, as it is an Ice type bulldoze, minus the effect of hitting multiple pokemon in a multi battle... I think.
    Pretty much, except that it has 5 more base power.

I've always viewed it as a slightly buffed Icy Wind.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    The signature moves of kyurem suck.. only his alterante forms moves from zakrom or reshiem are actually good.

I don't really understand the sub roost build.. 252 HP 252 speed?
    HP for Substitutes, Speed because it's in desperate need. Also, I said "Joke Set - Please Do Not Take This Set Seriously" for that particular setup. Glaciate isn't worth it, so any use of it has to be a joke set...
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

I think Kyurem is pretty cool but only in Hail but it cud also be used as in a HO team if it really wanted to.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    HP for Substitutes, Speed because it's in desperate need. Also, I said "Joke Set - Please Do Not Take This Set Seriously" for that particular setup. Glaciate isn't worth it, so any use of it has to be a joke set...
    Glaciate is actually a pretty good move, letting Kyurem slow down faster switch-ins and hit them a second time. That second hit coming off such high offensive strength could KO a lot of checks. Of course, Substitute is usually the better option, but Glaciate has the advantage of doing a chunk of damage and not costing a quarter of your HP.

I see how people talk about using glaciate to slow down switch ins and all that jazz, but it still does nothing to cover kyurems second biggest problem...priority attacks...out of all the priority attacks, kyurem is weak to 3 of them and resists only aqua jet...idk how you guys play, but when kyurem starts to run rampant, i wont hesitate to whip out my scizor and cut loose...

With that said, substitute looks nice and all, but there is still the issue with speed...kyurem just doesn't have the right combo of speed and durability to subroost...it was made with heavy offense in mind & those gigantic offensive stats express it well

O yea, 1 more thing... white kyurem is the best forme in my opinion because of that beautiful 170 special attack & access to fusion flare
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 12th July 2012 at 5:53 AM.

Substitute isn't always used defensively. It's often used on offensive sets to scout out offensive checks and hit them from the safety of a Sub. Scizor is normally a huge threat, coming in on a Dragon STAB and threatening with Bullet Punch. However, if Kyurem is behind a Sub, Scizor can't even touch it, while Kyurem can nail it with Earth Power, Focus Blast, HP Fire, or whatever.

And Kyurem possesses more than enough speed and durability to be an effective SubRooster. It has the same speed as Gliscor, another Pokemon who used to run SubRoost sets, and its 125/90/90 defenses are excellent, and it even has Pressure to stall out random Stone Edges, Close Combats, etc. SubRoost has an incredible combination of survivability and offense, and it's one of the most effective Kyurem sets I've ever used.

More puns:

A sight for sore ice
    Ky-wadesu( didn't know how to spell the actual phrase)
    Splicing things up
    Ice to meet you

Pun examples:
    Absolute Zero
    Everything isn't always black and white!
    Black or White? I choose Gray/Grey!
    Kyurem aka the chicken with the broken wing
    Yin Yang Fusion (Triple Battle with Reshiram and Zekrom as partners)
    Last edited by Star Champion AJ; 13th July 2012 at 2:26 PM.
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

What about:
    Kyur So Doomed
    Icee yur Pokemon Fainting
    Yea these are incredibly corny andprobably wouldn't be nice moveset names
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

ice-ereriously love this guy

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

A n-ice decision you made
    I-cen the Terrible
    Be ice or Ky will make your pokemon faint
    Sl-ice-r the Sky Dragon

Gene Icer
    kinda like a gene splicer, but Kyurem absorbs Zekrom/Reshiram's DNA to transform
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast