Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Default Hunter x Hunter (2011)

I think this show deserves it's own thread, no?

Anyway, since I picked up this show in March, I have loved it, and I can't wait to see the Yorknew City Arc animated in it's entirety.

I also loved the Heaven's Arena arc. That was done rather well.

Anyway, thoughts about the series and how it's doing?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I've been watching since the premiere. There was a thread before but I don't think many other people were watching then. At least not enough, because it died out.

I haven't read the manga or watched the old series but I'm really enjoying this one. That said, this weeks episode was bizarre with the PS1 parody plot point. Gon and Killua hunting online stores for a video game? It felt weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I haven't read the manga or watched the old series but I'm really enjoying this one. That said, this weeks episode was bizarre with the PS1 parody plot point. Gon and Killua hunting online stores for a video game? It felt weird.
    I saw the original before this so I spoiled myself a bit. That being said, it was moving at a slower pace, and had some fillers. So, if I'm right and that wasn't filler, we also have some time before they actually get to Yorknew. If you don't mind some spoilers, this is what I think we have before the ball starts rolling.

Spoiler:- Spoilers:
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I love Hunger x Hunger!
    Not really, I just wanted an excuse to post a Gintama clip.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Thanks for spoiler tagging King World, I'm not going to click it though because I'm trying to watch the series as blind as possible. (if that makes sense)

Thanks for spoiler tagging King World, I'm not going to click it though because I'm trying to watch the series as blind as possible. (if that makes sense)
    Makes sense.

Anyway, what do you think of Hisoka? He seems like a brilliant series villain, and I'd love to see what they do with him further.
    Douglas Adams

Hisoka is freakin' amazing. He's one of the creepiest characters I've ever seen and his fight with Gon has been the high point of the series so far.

Hisoka is freakin' amazing. He's one of the creepiest characters I've ever seen and his fight with Gon has been the high point of the series so far.
    I can't wait to see what they do with him later on in the series. He's a great character, and he seems like one of the most unique villains I've ever seen. I just hope that he's able to meet expectations.

I thought that all the fights in the Heaven's Arena arc were excellent, and it excites me as to what other fights later on will be like.
    Douglas Adams

I havent watched this serie, but I have considered picking it up some day, what kind of serie is this exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    I havent watched this serie, but I have considered picking it up some day, what kind of serie is this exactly?
    Shounen, though there is some pretty brutal violence.

Here's the first two and a half minutes. The main character Gon is trying to become a Hunter, like his father, in search of him.

And no, it's not about fishing. Gon uses his fishing rod as a weapon though.

11. Default

Shounen, though there is some pretty brutal violence.

Here's the first two and a half minutes. The main character Gon is trying to become a Hunter, like his father, in search of him.

And no, it's not about fishing. Gon uses his fishing rod as a weapon though.
    To the guy that has high hopes for Hisoka, don't hold your breath.

To CC, though, you forget to mention if they DO want a decent fishing anime, they can try Tsuritama...!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    To CC, though, you forget to mention if they DO want a decent fishing anime, they can try Tsuritama...!
    That is true. I miss Tsuritama...

I would recommend this series especially to those who are tired of the typical light-hearted shonen shonen and want a rather brutal deconstruction of its many tropes. I could be exaggerated here but not really.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

The "trailer" looks good and shounen fits for me, so I may pick this up sooner than I thought. How long has this version been running now? How many episodes does it have currently? And is it still continuing? (probabply is, forgive my stupid questions)

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    The "trailer" looks good and shounen fits for me, so I may pick this up sooner than I thought. How long has this version been running now? How many episodes does it have currently? And is it still continuing? (probabply is, forgive my stupid questions)
    It's currently at 38 episodes, it's been going since fall 2011. I'm not sure when it's finishing but probably not anytime soon.

It's currently at 38 episodes, it's been going since fall 2011. I'm not sure when it's finishing but probably not anytime soon.
    Doesn't sound so bad, I'll have to catch this up after I catch Phi Brain: Kami No Puzzle up first.

Hisoka is fantastic. The fact that his power is making his aura go all sticky and bouncy and yet he is one of the most rightly feared fighters out there just shows his awesomeness. And the brilliance of Togashi's Nen system.
    Done here.

I like this new series by probably being the biggest fan on this forum for Togashi's work. I do dislike how less brutal this series is compared to the older one. But they add some nicer newer stuff such as seeing Ging's face so early on since the manga recently allowed us to see him. The Joystation sections and the Whale Island visit is not filler. It's a very important plot point that will be looked at again after the York New Arc. Trust me **** hits the fan in the next few episodes and Nen Battles will get more exciting.
    If they go through the majority of the chapters they'll probably have at least close to 200 episodes. Now if Togashi could just finish his manga.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I loved the new song that was going on when Kurapika saw the list.
    Douglas Adams

"Hunting for your Dreams" is my favorite ending of all animes this spring anime season. < HXH's latest ending in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm like the biggest YYH fan and would probably be behind if not equal to Skiks as a Togashi fan. This show is pure Shounen with a lot of violence. If you like that then go start watching it right now.

You can read and catch up to the manga since Togashi is on hiatus lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    "Hunting for your Dreams" is my favorite ending of all animes this spring anime season. < HXH's latest ending in case you don't know what I'm talking about.
    I AGREE. For spring season anyways. Closely followed by Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? Of The Dead's ending song which surprisingly grew on me.

They're showing Kurapika's Nen education earlier than before. I recall that originally the reader knew absolutely nothing about his abilities when he first started using them. At least they stopped the flashback before it got to the important bits though. We still retain some element of mystery. Speaking of element of mystery, I think the way the new characters were introduced will make it a bit too obvious who the     Spoiler:- next episode spoilers:
    Done here.

Crud why did I click that spoiler I am stupid god dammit

Watching Kurapika has always been weird for me since I'm in love with Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Sometimes I forget Kurapika's a guy. It's nice to see a shift from Gon and Killua after so long. I have to ask, does Leorio get a story arc too?

Watching Kurapika has always been weird for me since I'm in love with Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Sometimes I forget Kurapika's a guy. It's nice to see a shift from Gon and Killua after so long.
    I was surprised to see him have such a girly voice. I thought he sounded more like a man in earlier episodes. I must've forgotten that he sounded like that.
    Douglas Adams

25. Default

.......have to ask, does Leorio get a story arc too?

Spoiler:- ???:

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast