Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Soooo, a Hunter x Hunter movie next year, with Togashi on board, that seems to be about the Phantom Troupe and the Kurta clan. Just throwing that out there.
    Done here.

im in the middle of watching this, think episode 27 im on, probally off by a few episodes as im watching 4 series at once
    its awesome so far, Gon is so awesome, one of my fav people in it
    [IMG][/IMG]

Oh so togashi's gonna write out the Kurta Clan's backstory in this movie huh. I'll definitely have to check it out then.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by themightydoof View Post
    Soooo, a Hunter x Hunter movie next year, with Togashi on board, that seems to be about the Phantom Troupe and the Kurta clan. Just throwing that out there.
    So it's a side story thing, but also canon or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    So it's a side story thing, but also canon or...?
    I'd guess it's canon since the battle between the Kurtas and the Troupe is a canon event, just one we've never seen.
    Done here.

Ugh they ruined the scene where Kurapica blocks the bullets. It made more sense but it was so lazy the way they redid it.

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Ugh they ruined the scene where Kurapica blocks the bullets. It made more sense but it was so lazy the way they redid it.
    What'd they do originally?

Also why do Killua's outfits keep getting more... yeah.

It's just that the animation was way more choppy and quick in this fight then in the old version and didn't show off how the dowsing chain can auto deflect a lot of things.
    And Yes Killua is always eccentric with his fashion choices.

Xanga |Last FM

There are a lot of things I could point out they changed around that made something less impactful like certain sections of Hisoka vs Gon or even the changes clearly noticed in this scene. Not trying to be a sour grape though I do like this series and can't wait to see the unanimated arc. Hopefully the animation picks up for the next few episodes.
    Last edited by Skiks; 23rd July 2012 at 7:00 AM.

Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    There are a lot of things I could point out they changed around that made something less impactful like certain sections of Hisoka vs Gon or even the changes clearly noticed in this scene. Not trying to be a sour grape though I do like this series and can't wait to see the unanimated arc. Hopefully the animation picks up for the next few episodes.
    That's fine, I like hearing the differences between versions.

I have no beef with the animation but my previous Hunter x Hunter experience is all from the manga (which I love), so I don't know how good the old anime is. My only real concern with how the adaptation is done is the way it keeps the violence so gore-free. It's okay now where there's only been the occasional bit where it's noticeable (like the butler getting riddled with bullets when Baise used him as a human shield. Looked weird with no blood) but I can't help but feel that it'll get really jarring when     Spoiler:- spoilers:

Side note, Crunchyroll's translation pissed me off this week. Usually I'm fine with it but who the hell calls a spy or an infiltrator a plant? Nobody, that's who! Because it sounds stupid! How are we supposed to take the situation seriously when the characters are standing around accusing one another of being plants with deadly straight faces?
    Done here.

I found the plant thing a bit odd too, but then again it reminded me of...

Spoiler:- ...:

I found the plant thing a bit odd too, but then again it reminded me of...

Spoiler:- ...:
    At least that made sense(?) in the context.
    Done here.

I didn't see anything wrong with calling them plants. I suppose taken out of context, Kurapika's "You are a plant" accusation would sound pretty weird, but in context I thought it was fine.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

They use plant in place of saying spy or mole right? I've never heard it used like that before, though with a quick Google search apparently that is one meaning of the word.

It just sounds dumb to my ears, alright?
    Done here.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm loving the new, darker, pieces they're introducing for this arc. They give off a great dark vibe.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm loving the new, darker, pieces they're introducing for this arc. They give off a great dark vibe.
    I checked after hearing the loud choir piece to confirm that it was the same person who did the music for Death Note.

Also dat Phantom Troupe cast. I knew it'd be good but not THIS good. Looks like ****'s about to get real next week.

I checked after hearing the loud choir piece to confirm that it was the same person who did the music for Death Note.
    That's cool. I like how well they're able to pull off the pieces with the mood they have. Props to Madhouse.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Also dat Phantom Troupe cast. I knew it'd be good but not THIS good. Looks like ****'s about to get real next week.
    You had better believe it! The Phantom Troupe may be my favourite group of antagonists in anything ever.
    Done here.

Looks like ****'s still about to get real, but I didn't mind this weeks episode.

Am I the only one who noticed they changed the name of Hunterpedia to Encyclopedia a long while back? The subs I watch still say "Hunterpedia" but I'm pretty sure the spoken name changed.

Looks like ****'s still about to get real, but I didn't mind this weeks episode.
    I can't wait for the battles to start, especially since one of them was great in the original version, and fairly early in the arc. Not next week, I don't believe, but sometime before September if I had to guess

Am I the only one who noticed they changed the name of Hunterpedia to Encyclopedia a long while back? The subs I watch still say "Hunterpedia" but I'm pretty sure the spoken name changed.
    I know knowing people is important, but I've never watched it enough to see what they say
    Douglas Adams

I like how they updated the electronics and items in this series to match our current times. Like Wiis, touch screen cell phones, laptops instead of desktops, and the kamen rider figures in these last few episodes. Most of this episode was exposition but it was nice exposition with some fairly neat first meetings Gon has with a Ryodan member.

Xanga |Last FM

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast