Thread: Value Of UNUSED EON Ticket E Reader Card

Default Value Of UNUSED EON Ticket E Reader Card

Hello been a bit since I posted here but I have a quick question for everyone here and wasn't t sure where to post it. I'm curious on the current value of a UNUSED EON Ticket E Reader card( sorry for the shouting in "unused"). I was a subscriber to Nintendo Power when I was younger and received the ticket in a issue of said magazine in 2003 but unfortunately lacked the funds to purchase the E Reader.

I'm exploring the possibility of selling it and was wondering how much the card is worth and whether its status as an unused and unactivated ticket will affect its value. I have read that they are pretty rare and was also wondering if someone here can give me more information on how exactly rare it is. I currently have the fore-mentioned ticket (which is in excellent condition) in a card sleeve in a binder of other assorted pokemon cards.
    Last edited by orochi666; 21st December 2012 at 5:27 AM.

Take it to Ebay and see what happens.

The problem with the "worth" of these things, as anyone who watched Pawn Stars knows, is it might be "worth" hundreds of dollars, but then you gotta find a buyer who'll buy it for that much. And that's more of a challenge.

If you take it to Gamestop, your locally owned game store, or a pawn shop, they'll tell you they'll give you $10 and they don't care what is on it.

If you find that certain Pokemon fan who just has to catch everything 100% legit and is missing out on Gen 3 stuff and is REALLY flushed with cash, you could fetch yourself a pretty penny.

The problem is finding that buyer. And also, having a reputation that people trust you and don't just think you hacked the game. I would imagine some type of authentification or paperwork would help your sell on Ebay or whatnot.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Saw the physical ticket E-Card go on Ebay for $40 about two weeks back. I'm sure you can get something decent for it.

$40 really isn't all that much since Gen 3 games seem to be going for $30-ish bucks, used, on Amazon. And that's on the low end. The quality of the game as far as how its condition is, original box, etc... is going to up the value of it much more. But again, you have to find the buyer willing to pay for it and convince them it is all legit.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    $40 really isn't all that much since Gen 3 games seem to be going for $30-ish bucks, used, on Amazon. And that's on the low end. The quality of the game as far as how its condition is, original box, etc... is going to up the value of it much more. But again, you have to find the buyer willing to pay for it and convince them it is all legit.

It's $40 for the Eon Ticket E-Card. Not a game with the card loaded onto it, but the physical scannable card. As in this:

$(KGrHqV,!i0FB1m47oRcBQqZOpdV!g~~60_12.JPG
    Last edited by General_Ridley; 22nd December 2012 at 3:05 AM.