Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 587

Thread: Unpopular opinions about Pokemon manga

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    For some reason though I always could see Red getting a Growlithe on his team.
    Arcanine would be awesome for Red, especially since he doesn't have a fire type. Him getting to keep that Ninetales that he and Blue fought over would've been cool too, but actually I would've given Green a Vulpix/Ninetales over Clefable. And Gloom over Nidoqueen. Having her demonstrate the other evolution stones other than the Moon Stone would've been good to drive home the "evolver" idea.

    EDIT: Emerald arc.

    Latias: "The scent of the soil of its [a Pokemon's] hometown makes even the angriest Pokemon come back to its senses by soothing its heart!"

    How? Why does that happen?
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 14th July 2012 at 7:54 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Yeah, I guess spamming them would've been better wording. It just feels like such a "LOL noob!" move. Not fitting for such amazing~ trainers like Red or Blue.

    Oh and I hate the name 'Platina.' It just sounds awkward and terrible to me. And I think the logic of using it instead of Platinum because it sounds more 'feminine' is almost comical. Putting an 'a' at the end of something does not automatically make it sound more feminine.


    As for a new topic, is there any Pokemon on a certain character's team that you wish they ddn't have (or vice versa)? I always thought Gyarados for Red was extremely redundant. He already had Poliwrath for a water-type, and was about to get Aerodactyl as a Flying type (and Gyarados is only a Flying type in name only anyway...). What can Gyarados do that both of them together can't do? He should either be given back to Misty or rot in the box imo, and Espeon needs to stay on Red's team.
    THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU.

    Finally, someone who agrees on that stupid name thing.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Lol I'm not sick, I just kind of like to look at things as objectively as I can. Red and Blue don't stand on their own as completely unbeatable, and if the manga has ever done anything that implies that then you can add that as another point I dislike. It's the same reason I don't like the popular vision of Games!Red being the legendary unbeatable stoic god trainer that nobody could ever compare to. It's just boring. Not to mention invalid since I've beaten him with Gold/Ethan plenty of times and will beat him again with Kyouhei when the new games hit American shores.
    I never actually said they were completely unbeatable. I said they're the best trainers around (which was said by Bill in the FRLG arc). And again, I just can't see how Emerald would win against either of them, but hey I heard a Pikachu from the anime had a draw with a Latios and then lost to a newbie Snivy, so I guess everything can happen in Pokémon.
    Kyouhei? Is that the name for the BW2 protagonist? If it is, then that means Red will appear in BW2? I would like that. (Yeah, he's not unbeatable, I also beat him a lot of times, but it is a fun battle)
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

    Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

        Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU.

    Finally, someone who agrees on that stupid name thing.
    Oh absolutely, how did that stupid thing come about anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by TomNamikaze View Post
    I never actually said they were completely unbeatable. I said they're the best trainers around (which was said by Bill in the FRLG arc). And again, I just can't see how Emerald would win against either of them, but hey I heard a Pikachu from the anime had a draw with a Latios and then lost to a newbie Snivy, so I guess everything can happen in Pokémon.
    Kyouhei? Is that the name for the BW2 protagonist? If it is, then that means Red will appear in BW2? I would like that. (Yeah, he's not unbeatable, I also beat him a lot of times, but it is a fun battle)
    Well Bill's not met any dex owners from Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova, now has he? So I hardly think he's the best judge on that. And as I said, if the manga's done anything to put Red and Blue on an unreachable pedastal then I don't like that. I definitely think a few of the newer guys could hold their own against Red or Blue. Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl, Platinum, and even Black come to mind.

    Yeah, that's the boy's name. And yes, Red is battleable in the World Tournament's champion cup thing. So is Blue.

    I'm reading the Emerald arc right now, and I am not liking it as much as I remember. I guess it's just hard to like an arc where you hate the main character. It's a chore to even speed read it just to get to Diamond & Pearl...

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    When people say the Manga cast is stronger then the Anime cast, while it is debatable I suppose it's a matter of opinion. It doesn't bother me because to a certain extent I agree. It's only annoying when full out anime bashing comes into play. Now that is annoying and there's no reason to hate on it.

    Platinum was a snobby brat and the begining. It was her personality.
    Well as for me I don't like the anime as much because, well, first off almost none of the Pokemon evolve, Ash takes like eight months to get from one gym to the next, the characters never age, and there is almost no character development. I do watch the anime sometimes just for fun and I do admit that some parts of the anime are pretty cool (like the battles between Ash and Paul) but overall the anime just seems to be a big blow compared to the manga. In my personal experience, I've been following the anime obsessively and getting disappointed at numerous points up until I was 13 when my friend told me that I can find manga scanlations online. There I found everything I was looking for in a Pokemon franchise and that's when I got into the Pokemon Adventures manga and gave up on the anime (though like I said, I do watch it for fun at times).

    And yeah, I didn't like Platina as much at the beginning, though she got better as a character as time passed. In fact, just take away the "rich girl" personality and she got the place as my favorite female character since she's the only female dexholder who's a battler (besides Sapphire but I don't like her much). Right now my favorite female character is Crystal because she's the only character in the entire franchise who actually "caught em all" and I think the Lyra look is pretty attractive on her. B| I also like Yellow because of her "innocent little girl" personality and she can take a fiery persona when angered. She's also the unique "fourth dexholder". Not sure why so many people don't like her. :/
    Last edited by Macromind101; 14th July 2012 at 11:16 PM.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Well as for me I don't like the anime as much because, well, first off almost none of the Pokemon evolve, Ash takes like eight months to get from one gym to the next, the characters never age, and there is almost no character development.
    This is the only part of that sentence that is true.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Well as for me I don't like the anime as much because, well, first off almost none of the Pokemon evolve, Ash takes like eight months to get from one gym to the next, the characters never age, and there is almost no character development. I do watch the anime sometimes just for fun and I do admit that some parts of the anime are pretty cool (like the battles between Ash and Paul) but overall the anime just seems to be a big blow compared to the manga. In my personal experience, I've been following the anime obsessively and getting disappointed at numerous points up until I was 13 when my friend told me that I can find manga scanlations online. There I found everything I was looking for in a Pokemon franchise and that's when I got into the Pokemon Adventures manga and gave up on the anime (though like I said, I do watch it for fun at times).

    And yeah, I didn't like Platina as much at the beginning, though she got better as a character as time passed. In fact, just take away the "rich girl" personality and she got the place as my favorite female character since she's the only female dexholder who's a battler (besides Sapphire but I don't like her much). Right now my favorite female character is Crystal because she's the only character in the entire franchise who actually "caught em all" and I think the Lyra look is pretty attractive on her. B| I also like Yellow because of her "innocent little girl" personality and she can take a fiery persona when angered. She's also the unique "fourth dexholder". Not sure why so many people don't like her. :/
    Most of the stuff you said about the anime isn't true and they've fixed many of the problems they've had in the past even now.

    Honestly, Platinum without her snobby rich girl personality would be boring, as they probably make her the bland teachers pet she is in the game when you don't play as her. Her personality clashed with Pearl's and brought humor and drama to the trio. I said she was a snob but I enjoyed her being a bratty snob as it made her stand out from how the gen 4 girl is usually portrated. You need at least one character with a little edge to make a group interesting.

    As far as Yellow goes, people don't like her for a bunch of different reasons. The most stupid one being she blocks the RedXMisty shipping, which I always thought was PokeSpecial just trying to use due to Misty being so popular in the anime. There's a reason Misty gets bigger roles then Brock in PokeSpecial. Hmm that's probably another thing I dislike about PokeSpecial. Use Erika more, though she gets fair treatment as well. But back to Yellow, the main reason is people don't like how she was handled in the Yellow chapter and view her role as kinda Sue-like. I think that's why...is it?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I've explained my thoughts on Yellow in this thread before. I don't have too much against her personality, she seems like a pleasant and well-adjusted young lady. I wish she had a more defining characteristic in her personality, but eh. And I did enjoy her story arc for what it's worth. But I don't think her 'special powers' are a good fit for a franchise like Pokemon (humans don't need to have superpowers, otherwise why have the monsters?), and I feel like ever since her original storyline was finished, there's really not much point for her to be there anymore. Her role in releasing the legendary beasts in GSC felt contrived, and other than that she didn't even really do anything. The feathers/wings being on her hat was a neat little plot twist, though. I enjoyed that. And she did absolutely squat in FRLG other than explaining to Red that Giovanni used his blood sample to do...something that I can't remember with Deoxys. Which is something Sird could've explained just as easily. She probably could've had a more interesting role in the Emerald arc tbh if she had escaped the pertification. Like training to master Volt Tackle with the Pika clan instead of conveniently learning it in a literal second (what was that about?). But yeah, in short, I don't think there's anything she can add to the plot anymore that another character can't do in a better and more interesting way. Sorta like Crystal.

    Oh, and SpecialShipping is disgusting, that's another thing.
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 15th July 2012 at 12:45 AM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,758

    Default

    I actually don't remember Yellow's role in FRLG much. Been awhile since I seen those chapters...yet another reason Viz should translate that arc, but other then her being "stoned" lol I remember her going to see Green at the gym, battle his hologram, lose, meet Silver and head off somewhere with him. That's all I remember of Yellow's role in FRLG. I really need to refresh myself with that arc.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    ^ She snuck aboard the Team Rocket airship after Sird and Orm kidnapped Silver, met up with Red, read Deoxys' mind, explained to Red his connection with Deoxys, passed out, Red unresponsibly carried a completely defenseless person into a dangerous beam of light (if that's not true luv I don't know what is!1), got turned into a museum attraction.

    The only thing out of that that was important to the plot was explaining Deoxys' connection to Red.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,758

    Default

    Oh. It really has been awhile. I don't tend to keep up with volumes I don't personally own myself. Hurry up with those gen 3 books Viz! Still I'm cool with Yellow. I do think she's highly overrated but I enjoy her regardless. I remember someone mentioned a interesting plot they could have used with her in HGSS about someone capturing people connected to Viridian City, since Giovanni and Lance both went missing in HGSS, she was a likely target to also go missing. That did not happen however and it seems like Giovanni and Lance went missing for different reasons.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    When people say the Manga cast is stronger then the Anime cast, while it is debatable I suppose it's a matter of opinion. It doesn't bother me because to a certain extent I agree. It's only annoying when full out anime bashing comes into play. Now that is annoying and there's no reason to hate on it.

    Platinum was a snobby brat and the begining. It was her personality.
    It really a matter of opinion even though I disagree and the some the anime bashing is somewhat justifiable. They don't get wrong I don't think that the PokeSpe is vastly superior product or anything like that.

    Anyways, It is see why people don't Emerald. I felt if his characters was thrown at the last second and to honest it he is not the fun to read but then again this my opinion. More after the break.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    I leave for half a day and all these people appear. Craaap. Long post incoming...! Sorry, guys/girls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    You have some good viewpoints here. Given me a little bit more to think about. I never cared for Latias or Latios' role in the manga at all, but on the other hand I have no clue how I'd improve them either.

    Speaking of Anabel btw, I didn't really like how they made her the "leader" of the Frontier Brains. To me, Brandon suits that role better. But instead they made him a butt monkey to Emerald...
    Neither have I; I don't really know if they can be improved. If I had to keep them, I would probably make them spectators using their human vision and just watch things. I would of liked to see Latios' human form, but really I wouldn't mind taking them out.

    I could see it, but for a leader she was pretty pathetic and turns out doing not much of nothing but being possessed by Guile. The old man, Ukon/Spenser, would of been a good leader too if he were given the chance. To be honest, their antics is the one of the only things that made reading the arc more enjoyable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    LOL @ the bold. Why does the Viridian Forest have those special "powers" to give people, anyway? Was that ever explained? Probably not. And don't worry about breaking my heart or anything lol, like I said I like Yellow to some degree but she's still extremely low tier as far rankings go. Probably in my bottom five of the main characters.

    Oh and I enjoyed the Elite Four being villains as well. It was interesting. I don't think Blue (assuming you mean the boy) would've fit as the hero of the Yellow arc, though. If they were getting rid of Red, I think it was necessary to create a new character to serve as Yellow's protagonist. Ergo, Yellow was needed at the time, but she's not really needed anymore. In my opinion, at least.
    I don't believe so. The arc basically says that a child is born randomly with those powers and it really doesn't go into too much details. That suggests all the powers nonsense was just to give an excuse to Yellow being "special" and becoming a main character. Alrighty; my hate to Yellow can get pretty bad sometimes, so I didn't want you to take I was ignoring your opinion or something, heh.

    Yeah, G for the boy, B for the girl with me as well. It's my personal headcanon using Green, but I don't think a new character was necessary. Red being gone just means someone needs to take his place that would cared to save him. Ignoring the name tradition, Kasumi could of done the job just fine too since any character at that point was pretty much under-developed. The whole arc is (or should be) basically a development arc which is why I feel it was wasted on Yellow. Her character is mostly beyond development due to how she's written and the arc just spins its' wheels pretending to develop her when it's pointless. Using Green (I feel it works better) as an example, we don't know much about anything regarding him, so he could serve as a new character fine and go through developing. It would let us see things through his eyes, how he trains, if he uses his martial arts, how he feels in comparison to his grandpa, and his growing friendship with Red. That way when FRLG hits, it wouldn't be so awkward, as you said, since we've seen it grow. And that darn speech wouldn't of been so out of nowhere.

    Plus, with that development, FRLG doesn't have to spend as much time on Green, like they would of needed to now, and can focus on other characters like Red more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Well that was only in the magazine run, the volumes rewrote history so that Oak registered Emerald as the Pokedex's owner beforehand (for reasons that seem completely illogical to me...again, silly senile old man). You can still pick out the exact panel where Wally originally registered himself---it was on accident, after he collapsed on the Pokedex after reaching Sky Pillar's 50th floor. It just spews bogus error messages in the volume.
    Yeah, that is weird why he would do that. What the heck did he see that we didn't? I didn't notice that, but I'm going to go look again. That's a serious little plothole there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I like stoic characters as well, I just don't think Game!Red fits as one. Like I said earlier in this post, I prefer to see him as more like his manga counterpart. Although I guess the whole thing about the silent protagonist is that we're supposed to decide what their personality is supposed to be like for ourselves, so eh.

    I agree with you here. Their whole "best friend" thing during FRLG was extremely awkward. It probably would've worked better if Blue had his game personality in the manga. His game personality is soooo much better than his boring serious guy demeanor in Adventures. -____-
    Hmm, that's interesting. I never seen anyone call that type of game!Red as depressing. I think what I like about it is that it helps the variety. Game!Red could easily be creepy as all hell or a really nice guy. I've seen both and I've seen the rare fanart of him being happy and I just like the indifference more. With Satoshi and PokeSpe!Red, there's enough happiness to go around because they can't really be anything more without becoming OOC without (artistic) reason. I really like that a hero, one we would think to be the normal happy-wanna-save-eveything guy could actually be pretty creepy or indifferent to such things. It helps the dullness of the happy-go-lucky disease.

    Awkward is exactly what I meant! It almost like they were together because they had to be rather than because they were friends. Red also acted kinda whipped which I found a bit weird. Agreed. In RGB, he seemed like he was going that route, but for some odd reason, Kusaka changed that and proceeded to do nothing with Green to make up for it. He needs more to him than just being a serious loner, Kusaka. >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirisame Marisa View Post
    To be honest, I LOVE the GSC arc. It's possibly because Crystal was the first game I played, but I found the part where Crystal took the main spotlight in the GSC arc annoying as well. I was impatiently reading through it just to see Gold and Silver return. Suicune was a total, unneeded filler. It didn't have to spend that much time just to look for a trainer, did it?

    And finally one that hasn't been mentioned yet: I've never liked Sird. I don't know, I just dislike her. She just shows up almost everywhere as a villain. It's starting to get a little too annoying for me. The part where she turned the 5 Pokedex holders into stones wasn't too interesting either.
    I was actually thinking that today. The Crystal part came out of nowhere and went on way too long for it to be good. It's like Kusaka forgot he was writing a GSC arc not a Crystal arc. What made the whole Suicune part worse was that after all that time, it chooses Kasumi and then proceeds to defeated pretty quickly because of how ridiculously strong the Masked Man was and how weak Kasumi was.

    I'm starting to think Saque's problem is that she appears too often and is so obviously evil, but does exactly nothing but look evil. It's like a villain who continuously says they'll defeat you despite the fact you always kick their butt. She needs to have a point next time she appears since Kusaka messed her up. If he wanted a villain that could connect different arcs and just have them be mysterious, he should of keep Saque in the background.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    She has no business in the BW storyline, and if she's in cahoots with Ghetsis in any way I'll probably scream.

    What did everyone think of the 'titles' silly senile Professor Oak gave to the original seven Pokedex holders at the end of GSC? I have mixed feelings about it, but overall I found them unnecessary. The one that bugs me the most is Green being the 'evolver.' She never displayed any special knowledge about evolution beforehand (in fact, she never even EVOLVED most of her Pokemon until FRLG, for no good reason I might add), and it just feels like she was just given that skill randomly and it was only elaborated upon in future arcs. Silver being the trader is a close second. How is trading some kind of special skill that needs to be mastered? :S
    I will laugh if that happened. Then my theory of her being the End Game Boss will be strengthened.

    I think the titles are another idea that is kinda good, but badly used. While he was obviously grasping with Blue and Silver, the others make sense. Too bad it was just one of those quick ideas in GSC that are completely and utterly useless. I don't why Prof. Ookido just keep Blue and Silver as unknown (how did he know about Silver's anyways?) until they elaborated on it later and thus deserve it. Or just let Gold have a special skill rather try to give everyone one. I love how obviously bad the idea was in terms of planning because when RS came around Kusaka changed how it worked and ignore the titles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    EDIT: Emerald arc.

    Latias: "The scent of the soil of its [a Pokemon's] hometown makes even the angriest Pokemon come back to its senses by soothing its heart!"

    How? Why does that happen?
    Welcome to the Emerald arc! Please ignore any possible plotholes you see!

    Just wait until they explain how he learned this ability...

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I also like Yellow because of her "innocent little girl" personality and she can take a fiery persona when angered. She's also the unique "fourth dexholder". Not sure why so many people don't like her. :/
    You just stated one of the reasons and other reasons have been stated. Trying reading back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Oh and I hate the name 'Platina.' It just sounds awkward and terrible to me. And I think the logic of using it instead of Platinum because it sounds more 'feminine' is almost comical. Putting an 'a' at the end of something does not automatically make it sound more feminine.
    +1. I read that it came about due to the Japanese (I think?) wanted to make it more feminine and somehow it caught on here. But, really, Platina sounds so ghetto and ruins the character. Platinum is just easier to read, sounds better, and fits the character perfectly.
    Last edited by Evilchibi_pichu; 15th July 2012 at 6:24 AM.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    It's because her name is written as "プラチナ", "Purachina". It's a loanword. (Look it up)

    Despite the fact that Purachina does, in fact, mean Platinum, people use the excuse that "Platina" can also be romanization. Platina isn't even a goddamn word, not in English at least.

    It's incredibly stupid and the people who use that excuse sound like whiny babies when they go all "It's not feminine" and blah blah blah.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Neither have I; I don't really know if they can be improved. If I had to keep them, I would probably make them spectators using their human vision and just watch things. I would of liked to see Latios' human form, but really I wouldn't mind taking them out.

    I could see it, but for a leader she was pretty pathetic and turns out doing not much of nothing but being possessed by Guild. The old man, Ukon/Spenser, would of been a good leader too if he were given the chance. To be honest, their antics is the one of the only things that made reading the arc more enjoyable.
    I'll just tack on Latias/Latios to the bottom of my "ways to improve Pokemon Adventures" list and get to them later lol. I swear I'm gonna have to start a fanfic one of these days, I'm already brainstorming ideas...

    Yeah, I felt like they tried to make Anabel into a "Winona 2.0" and it just failed horribly because she just didn't fit as a leader-type character. I don't think Spenser would've fit either, I like him being a wise old man but I can't see him with a "take charge" attitude or anything. Brandon I think would've been perfect as the leader, since he kinda gives a tough guy image who could definitely take charge of a situation when it gets out of hand. I was thinking earlier that if the Emerald arc could've been longer, I would've had the fight against Guile move from the Tower to the Pyramid somehow (so that the "leader's" facility is last) after the seniors were freed from their petrification. They would be split up into five groups of two (preferably two who hadn't met/interacted with each other much before, like Red and Ruby) and have to find their way through the labyrinth and catch Guile again or something. Perfect opportunity for new character interactions, and it would've given the older guys more to do. Really, the fight against Guile was kinda short and disappointing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    I don't believe so. The arc basically says that a child is born randomly with those powers and it really doesn't go into too much details. That suggests all the powers nonsense was just to give an excuse to Yellow being "special" and becoming a main character. Alrighty; my hate to Yellow can get pretty bad sometimes, so I didn't want you to take I was ignoring your opinion or something, heh.

    Yeah, G for the boy, B for the girl with me as well. It's my personal headcanon using Green, but I don't think a new character was necessary. Red being gone just means someone needs to take his place that would cared to save him. Ignoring the name tradition, Kasumi could of done the job just fine too since any character at that point was pretty much under-developed. The whole arc is (or should be) basically a development arc which is why I feel it was wasted on Yellow. Her character is mostly beyond development due to how she's written and the arc just spins its' wheels pretending to develop her when it's pointless. Using Green (I feel it works better) as an example, we don't know much about anything regarding him, so he could serve as a new character fine and go through developing. It would let us see things through his eyes, how he trains, if he uses his martial arts, how he feels in comparison to his grandpa, and his growing friendship with Red. That way when FRLG hits, it wouldn't be so awkward, as you said, since we've seen it grow. And that darn speech wouldn't of been so out of nowhere.

    Plus, with that development, FRLG doesn't have to spend as much time on Green, like they would of needed to now, and can focus on other characters like Red more.
    How disappointing. What makes the Viridian Forest so dang special?

    I probably would've been bored to tears by an arc where Blue is the main character. I just...don't really think he would fit as the main character of an arc. He was written to be "the rival," not "the hero."

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Yeah, that is weird why he would do that. What the heck did he see that we didn't? I didn't notice that, but I'm going to go look again. That's a serious little plothole there.

    Hmm, that's interesting. I never seen anyone call that type of game!Red as depressing. I think what I like about it is that it helps the variety. Game!Red could easily be creepy as all hell or a really nice guy. I've seen both and I've seen the rare fanart of him being happy and I just like the indifference more. With Satoshi and PokeSpe!Red, there's enough happiness to go around because they can't really be anything more without becoming OOC without (artistic) reason. I really like that a hero, one we would think to be the normal happy-wanna-save-eveything guy could actually be pretty creepy or indifferent to such things. It helps the dullness of the happy-go-lucky disease.

    Awkward is exactly what I meant! It almost like they were together because they had to be rather than because they were friends. Red also acted kinda whipped which I found a bit weird. Agreed. In RGB, he seemed like he was going that route, but for some odd reason, Kusaka changed that and proceeded to do nothing with Green to make up for it. He needs more to him than just being a serious loner, Kusaka. >_>
    Oak literally told him, "You lied to me, you refuse to have anything to do with Pokemon, you don't have anything special to make you worthy of this Pokedex, but I'm gona make it your's anyway lolz!!" >_> This is the same guy who refused to give Gold a Pokedex because it would "just be a tool in battle" for him. Yet what exactly did Emerald use it for? Basically, Oak is a hypocrite. Good day.

    On that note, Rowan is by far the best Pokemon professor imo. He should've had a bigger role in Adventures.

    Well, when you have a bunch of fanfic people write Game!Red as someone who's cut himself off from society and is borderline suicidal, yeah that does sound kinda depressing doesn't it? Not the kind of personality that fits the very first Pokemon protagonist ever imo. I pretty much blame HGSS for giving him that "badass mystery" battle sprite pose...

    LOL @ Red acting whipped, I guess that's kinda true. And completely agreed with the bold.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    I think the titles are another idea that is kinda good, but badly used. While he was obviously grasping with Blue and Silver, the others make sense. Too bad it was just one of those quick ideas in GSC that are completely and utterly useless. I don't why Prof. Ookido just keep Blue and Silver as unknown (how did he know about Silver's anyways?) until they elaborated on it later and thus deserve it. Or just let Gold have a special skill rather try to give everyone one. I love how obviously bad the idea was in terms of planning because when RS came around Kusaka changed how it worked and ignore the titles.

    Welcome to the Emerald arc! Please ignore any possible plotholes you see!

    Just wait until they explain how he learned this ability...

    +1. I read that it came about due to the Japanese (I think?) wanted to make it more feminine and somehow it caught on here. But, really, Platina sounds so ghetto and ruins the character. Platinum is just easier to read, sounds better, and fits the character perfectly.
    Oak learned about Silver because Green told him about him. My main beef with the titles is that it seems like they try to make the characters sorta one-dimensional. Like Red is just supposed to be the "battler" and that's it. :/

    LOL @ the bold, and you mean how they said he could recognize a Pokemon's birthplace because he had travelled a lot? I actually didn't mind that part, in fact I think it made sense. Emerald was shipped to many different places/guardians, so he probably did notice the different Pokemon he was around as he travelled. Of course, being able to tell where the Pokemon was born is kind of a different subject. And again, how the heck is soil supposed to help calm down a rampaging Pokemon? Did the Viridian Forest decide to share its magical special powers with the rest of the PokeWorld, just at a smaller scale?

    Lmao @ Platina sounding "ghetto."

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's because her name is written as "プラチナ", "Purachina". It's a loanword. (Look it up)

    Despite the fact that Purachina does, in fact, mean Platinum, people use the excuse that "Platina" can also be romanization. Platina isn't even a goddamn word, not in English at least.

    It's incredibly stupid and the people who use that excuse sound like whiny babies when they go all "It's not feminine" and blah blah blah.
    Lol oh lord. Maybe we should change Dia's nickname to "Dio" so it will be more masculine!! (kidding)

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Well I'd rather not someone 'crucial' to the manga (assuming you mean a dex owner) be Professor Elm's assistant. They have more important and interesting things to do, like saving dah wurld from overpowered legendaries and psychotic villains. Not everyone is a boring girl with no personality and nothing else to do like Crystal. Besides, Joey is a fine character. I kinda wish his role had been expanded more tbh, I enjoyed seeing him interacting with Gold near the beginning of GSC. His Rattata is in the top percentage after all! XD
    Yeah but I doubt he would be like in GSC arc playing quite great role again. We never saw that Nerd boy and Lapras boy again in FRLG again right. But about legendaries I would say I have a theory that every gym badge is put in some sort of machines that would make one plate that would control Arceus. However they didn't get the Pryce badge and try to find Pryce as much as possible to get his badge so they could control arceus again. And what about Spiky Eared Pichu. She is the one that hold the Zap Plate. Unless she is mystyriously didn't appeared and somehow The Johto Trio got the Zap Plate. And I think the one that should catch it is Crystal because the one that found the Spiky Eared Pichu discovery is Elm and Oak. Unless(Again) Joey would capture her and it would be impossible again to make his debut here

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The overuse of the Ultimate Attacks was kinda lame. I mean I liked that they learned them but I wish they wouldn't spam them. Don't Gold and Silver Hydro Cannon and Blast Burn in HGSS as well? At least in the magazine version I heard they did. They should only use the Ultimate Attacks in extreme measures and make them feel actually special or something like that.
    Finally. Someone who agrees with me . And how could in the world that they used that Electric Ultimate attack and yet we doesn't know what is the name ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    Well as for me I don't like the anime as much because, well, first off almost none of the Pokemon evolve
    How about Bianca's Oshawott and Cheren's Snivy then?

    And yeah, I didn't like Platina as much at the beginning, though she got better as a character as time passed. In fact, just take away the "rich girl" personality and she got the place as my favorite female character since she's the only female dexholder who's a battler (besides Sapphire but I don't like her much). Right now my favorite female character is Crystal because she's the only character in the entire franchise who actually "caught em all" and I think the Lyra look is pretty attractive on her. B| I also like Yellow because of her "innocent little girl" personality and she can take a fiery persona when angered. She's also the unique "fourth dexholder". Not sure why so many people don't like her. :/
    Yeah. It kinda makes her like a jerk. It could be awesome if Cystal and Kotone meet together. And I don't like Yellow naive personallity to be saying the truth, But at least her face are adorable

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I wish she had a more defining characteristic in her personality, but eh. And I did enjoy her story arc for what it's worth. But I don't think her 'special powers' are a good fit for a franchise like Pokemon (humans don't need to have superpowers, otherwise why have the monsters?), But yeah, in short, I don't think there's anything she can add to the plot anymore that another character can't do in a better and more interesting way. Sorta like Crystal.

    Oh, and SpecialShipping is disgusting, that's another thing.
    I wish so. And Yeah her special powers kinda disturb me at least. Well at least it could be a refferance to N(N's power able to hear and speak to a pokemon).

    That's why I want Emerald in here(Yellow have too much appearance in here). And I am totally hate the fact that he adores Crystal.

    Well At least Special Shipping makes her blush so I kinda like that
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'll just tack on Latias/Latios to the bottom of my "ways to improve Pokemon Adventures" list and get to them later lol. I swear I'm gonna have to start a fanfic one of these days, I'm already brainstorming ideas...
    Well, good luck. You already showed some nice ideas on how to improve PokéSpe, it would be interesting to see how that fanfic would turn out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Yeah, I felt like they tried to make Anabel into a "Winona 2.0" and it just failed horribly because she just didn't fit as a leader-type character. I don't think Spenser would've fit either, I like him being a wise old man but I can't see him with a "take charge" attitude or anything. Brandon I think would've been perfect as the leader, since he kinda gives a tough guy image who could definitely take charge of a situation when it gets out of hand. I was thinking earlier that if the Emerald arc could've been longer, I would've had the fight against Guile move from the Tower to the Pyramid somehow (so that the "leader's" facility is last) after the seniors were freed from their petrification. They would be split up into five groups of two (preferably two who hadn't met/interacted with each other much before, like Red and Ruby) and have to find their way through the labyrinth and catch Guile again or something. Perfect opportunity for new character interactions, and it would've given the older guys more to do. Really, the fight against Guile was kinda short and disappointing.
    I guess they made Anabel the leader because she is the Brain of the supposedly most difficult facility of the Battle Frontier. But I really don't know if Brandon would fit that role. I heard he has it in the anime, but the anime and manga are two different stories, and so Brandon can have a totally different personality (fitting or unfitting to be a leader) in the two canons. I agree though, that Anabel didn't do much of anything during the arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I probably would've been bored to tears by an arc where Blue is the main character. I just...don't really think he would fit as the main character of an arc. He was written to be "the rival," not "the hero."
    I wouldn't be 'bored to tears', since I like Green, but I do agree that he shouldn't be the main character of an arc, just as you said, he's the rival, not the hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Oak literally told him, "You lied to me, you refuse to have anything to do with Pokemon, you don't have anything special to make you worthy of this Pokedex, but I'm gona make it your's anyway lolz!!" >_> This is the same guy who refused to give Gold a Pokedex because it would "just be a tool in battle" for him. Yet what exactly did Emerald use it for? Basically, Oak is a hypocrite. Good day.
    Oh well... Oak is so overrated anyways, expect some more from him.
    Fanfiction.Net account; DeviantArt account

    Contact me here or in those sites to keep me motivated for this fic. Several chapters are already concluded, but there's still a LONG way to go. I want to be sure I'll finish this thing before I start publishing it.

        Spoiler:- http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/355/f/f/my_pokemon_teams_by_tomnamikaze-d6y3n4h.png:

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomNamikaze View Post
    Well, good luck. You already showed some nice ideas on how to improve PokéSpe, it would be interesting to see how that fanfic would turn out.

    I guess they made Anabel the leader because she is the Brain of the supposedly most difficult facility of the Battle Frontier. But I really don't know if Brandon would fit that role. I heard he has it in the anime, but the anime and manga are two different stories, and so Brandon can have a totally different personality (fitting or unfitting to be a leader) in the two canons. I agree though, that Anabel didn't do much of anything during the arc.
    Thank you for your kind words. I don't know if it'll happen or not though, since it would be a huge project to take on and knowing me I'll get over it fairly quickly. But we'll see. Maybe I'll just start writing whenever I have the time and see what goes from there.

    Brandon is absolutely a character I think was handled much better in the anime than he was in the manga. I didn't really care for his manga personality at all. He kinda didn't even have one, and mostly acted however the plot demanded him to at the time. He was either a butt monkey to Emerald, acting calmer to help Noland with Jirachi's report or whatever, etc. On the flip side though, I loved Lucy's manga portrayal. It was perfect. She was definitely my favorite brain in the manga.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    An Alternative Reality
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    It's because her name is written as "プラチナ", "Purachina". It's a loanword. (Look it up)

    Despite the fact that Purachina does, in fact, mean Platinum, people use the excuse that "Platina" can also be romanization. Platina isn't even a goddamn word, not in English at least.

    It's incredibly stupid and the people who use that excuse sound like whiny babies when they go all "It's not feminine" and blah blah blah.
    Thanks for clearing it up. I have to say Purachina is one of the weirdest loanwords I have heard. It doesn't sound very much like Platinum like I was expecting it to. ...And that may be why "Platina" came into existence; it sounds like Purachina.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    I'll just tack on Latias/Latios to the bottom of my "ways to improve Pokemon Adventures" list and get to them later lol. I swear I'm gonna have to start a fanfic one of these days, I'm already brainstorming ideas...

    Yeah, I felt like they tried to make Anabel into a "Winona 2.0" and it just failed horribly because she just didn't fit as a leader-type character. I don't think Spenser would've fit either, I like him being a wise old man but I can't see him with a "take charge" attitude or anything. Brandon I think would've been perfect as the leader, since he kinda gives a tough guy image who could definitely take charge of a situation when it gets out of hand. I was thinking earlier that if the Emerald arc could've been longer, I would've had the fight against Guile move from the Tower to the Pyramid somehow (so that the "leader's" facility is last) after the seniors were freed from their petrification. They would be split up into five groups of two (preferably two who hadn't met/interacted with each other much before, like Red and Ruby) and have to find their way through the labyrinth and catch Guile again or something. Perfect opportunity for new character interactions, and it would've given the older guys more to do. Really, the fight against Guile was kinda short and disappointing.
    I was also thinking of doing a fanfic as well, though mine is more like a re-write and try to expand the ideas PokeSpe didn't.

    I can see him taking charge during special occasions, but yeah, he probably won't be very leader-like. Granted, that's not necessarily a bad thing... Not all leaders have to be leader-like. Good point about Jindai/Brandon, though. He does seem very leader like. And that battle actually sounds pretty awesome; Guile would also be the type to do some running and hiding. Add Gold still using that Guile's suit to try and confuse Guile. Agreed, the battle was more against that water creature than actually Guile. I would of liked to see more about the sword and if it can be beaten.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    How disappointing. What makes the Viridian Forest so dang special?

    I probably would've been bored to tears by an arc where Blue is the main character. I just...don't really think he would fit as the main character of an arc. He was written to be "the rival," not "the hero."
    Maybe Myuu lives there and its' magic spreads? I dunno; nothing about the forest is really explained or explored. No one really questions it, either.

    What does being a rival have to do with being the main protagonist? Just because he's was written as a rival doesn't mean he can't go save his friend. Seriously, just because he's a rival doesn't mean he has to be reduced to a side character; he's perfectly capable of holding his own as the main. It's not like he won't have company and we'll have to solely deal with him and only him. And I wouldn't have him trying to beat Wataru/Lance by himself, but with the others since it makes more sense that way. Not all heroes are written as "the hero"; that label tends constricts characters if they are written to solely be "the hero". That's the problem with Red, he's nothing else but "a hero" which makes him a dull character. There's no tension with him as we know he'll save the day, that he'll be there to help people. There's nothing special about Red, nothing that makes him stand out. By default, rivals tend to have more wiggle room to be characters that expand past their skeleton and be good or bad characters and can be both a hero and a rival or a villain and a rival or stay neutral. Green is already a "hero" in some ways since he saves people despite being a rival, so it's not really all that different from what Yellow or Red does. What is special about Yellow or Red being written as "a hero" that only they can lead a story? What can they do that Green can't in his own way? We've seen what Yellow does and Green is perfectly capable of doing most of that without needing powers. Not to mention, he'll be less predictable and entertaining since he's not the typical hero. He would offer a different outlook towards things and we'll see how a rival, not a hero, looks at things.

    Plus, RS did it, in a way, so Green being a rival isn't a good excuse. Sapphire was a rival and written as one, but she was still very interesting as a main character; she even became a hero. (Though that does cause a problem with her character.) It's not about what they're skeleton is like, but how the writer uses them. That's the problem with Green now; he was written as a rival and guess what happened when he stopped being one? He turned into a character that's as interesting as a block of wood. Kusaka didn't bother to actually develop him as character and let him devolve into a piece of wood. Same thing with Red. Would Red be as interesting if he wasn't acting like a hero? The beginning of FRLG says no because that's all he has to him. He was meh; a happy and awkward guy until the plot said it was time for him to go into hero-mode. He was the smiling version of Green and Green was actually more interesting in FRLG until they separate.

    Not all main protagonists are written as "the hero", but rather characters that end up being heroes. And those characters tend to be some of the best or interesting characters. A good character isn't written just as one thing, but rather many things combined together. That's what development exists for, what it is. Green being the main protagonist in the Yellow arc is so he can develop into something more than just "a-rvial-that-isn't-anymore". It's not so he can become a stereotypical hero like Red. That would be horrible.

    That's what makes characters like Dia interesting compared to Pearl who is lacking. Dia developed past what he was originally written as/for and became better for it.

    But, Green is just my headcanon and it doesn't necessarily have to be him. I just think he would fit more due to his tactical knowledge and calmness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Oak literally told him, "You lied to me, you refuse to have anything to do with Pokemon, you don't have anything special to make you worthy of this Pokedex, but I'm gona make it your's anyway lolz!!" >_> This is the same guy who refused to give Gold a Pokedex because it would "just be a tool in battle" for him. Yet what exactly did Emerald use it for? Basically, Oak is a hypocrite. Good day.

    Well, when you have a bunch of fanfic people write Game!Red as someone who's cut himself off from society and is borderline suicidal, yeah that does sound kinda depressing doesn't it? Not the kind of personality that fits the very first Pokemon protagonist ever imo. I pretty much blame HGSS for giving him that "badass mystery" battle sprite pose...
    Ookido likes them midgets, who knew. I kinda like how Ookido seems to be freely giving out dexes when once he was strict about it. It seems old age is getting to him.

    Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about those; those are depressing and not that fun to read... Good thing I tend read the less depressing versions of him up on that mountain since I don't really see too many stories like that. That probably makes Red more special and liked because he was the first. And GSC actually did it first, HGSS just cemented it and had it spiral into what it is now. I have to wonder if someone at GameFreak also that likes that representation...

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Oak learned about Silver because Green told him about him. My main beef with the titles is that it seems like they try to make the characters sorta one-dimensional. Like Red is just supposed to be the "battler" and that's it. :/

    LOL @ the bold, and you mean how they said he could recognize a Pokemon's birthplace because he had travelled a lot? I actually didn't mind that part, in fact I think it made sense. Emerald was shipped to many different places/guardians, so he probably did notice the different Pokemon he was around as he travelled. Of course, being able to tell where the Pokemon was born is kind of a different subject. And again, how the heck is soil supposed to help calm down a rampaging Pokemon? Did the Viridian Forest decide to share its magical special powers with the rest of the PokeWorld, just at a smaller scale?
    She did? I honestly don't ever remember it which isn't a good thing concerning Silver... Yeah, it does and it probably restricts them. Red hasn't really ever done anything that's not battling, so that's may be why he got the title? I dunno what Kusaka wanted to with the titles.

    I thought it stated that he ran away and just walk all over Hoenn before meeting that shoe maker and that's how he gained it? Yeah, my main beef is how he can tell such a thing since he's much too young to tell all pokemon on sight and there's no why he visited every place in all the regions. I think the feel of home brings a sense of relaxation. It's like visiting home again after being away for a long time and I would think pokemon would be more sensitive to soil. It would of been better if he used more than soil, though.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

    My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    I was also thinking of doing a fanfic as well, though mine is more like a re-write and try to expand the ideas PokeSpe didn't.

    I can see him taking charge during special occasions, but yeah, he probably won't be very leader-like. Granted, that's not necessarily a bad thing... Not all leaders have to be leader-like. Good point about Jindai/Brandon, though. He does seem very leader like. And that battle actually sounds pretty awesome; Guile would also be the type to do some running and hiding. Add Gold still using that Guile's suit to try and confuse Guile. Agreed, the battle was more against that water creature than actually Guile. I would of liked to see more about the sword and if it can be beaten.
    That's pretty much what mine would be as well. I think I'll start looking into it once I'm done reading the volumes (I'm on 38 now), so I don't want to give up all of my "secrets" I guess. I have a bunch of plans, though.

    Not all leaders have to be leader-like? Umm...kinda contradicting logic there lol. If you want to be a good leader at least, you have to have some kind of leadership skills. But then again Anabel didn't have any so..

    Oh, but I absolutely hated the whole fake suit thing. How the hell did Gold figure out how to make a fake suit nobody knew anything about? Sure it was badass but it was also a gaping plothole.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Maybe Myuu lives there and its' magic spreads? I dunno; nothing about the forest is really explained or explored. No one really questions it, either.

    *words*

    Plus, RS did it, in a way, so Green being a rival isn't a good excuse. Sapphire was a rival and written as one, but she was still very interesting as a main character; she even became a hero.
    Who or what is a Myuu?

    I don't really have much to retort with you here. What I meant was Blue was written as the rival/"the lancer" I guess and not as someone who'd really fit being the hero of an arc. Plus he had already pretty much reached the peak of his (very minimal) development at the end of RGB so I don't see much happening in that department either if he was Yellow's star. Sure, I guess it could've been done, but the writers decided to make him a mentor character to Yellow instead. Those few chapters where they were training together were excellent btw.

    Except no. Sapphire was Ruby's rival, yes. But her adventure was given just as much focus as Ruby's was so she was also a main hero of the arc as well. With Blue and Silver, they were only written as foils to Red and Gold and focus was only given to their journeys when they met up with the main hero of the story at the time. R/S decided to do things differently and follow both character's stories at the same time. Whether that's what the writers should've done with Blue and Silver as well is opinion I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    She did? I honestly don't ever remember it which isn't a good thing concerning Silver... Yeah, it does and it probably restricts them. Red hasn't really ever done anything that's not battling, so that's may be why he got the title? I dunno what Kusaka wanted to with the titles.

    I thought it stated that he ran away and just walk all over Hoenn before meeting that shoe maker and that's how he gained it? Yeah, my main beef is how he can tell such a thing since he's much too young to tell all pokemon on sight and there's no why he visited every place in all the regions. I think the feel of home brings a sense of relaxation. It's like visiting home again after being away for a long time and I would think pokemon would be more sensitive to soil. It would of been better if he used more than soil, though.
    Well it was pretty much a one-panel "blink and you miss it" deal, but in Gold's letter Oak explains that Green told him about Silver.

    His parents died when he was young, and he was shuffled to different relatives he hadn't met before and were jerks that didn't want a kid or whatever. He eventually came across the Trick Master...somehow. I can't even remember. And I just finished reading the Emerald arc yesterday...
    Last edited by Weedy Spyze; 16th July 2012 at 4:49 AM.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    USA (how vague can you get?)
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    I'll put mine up whenever, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    How disappointing. What makes the Viridian Forest so dang special?
    I've figured it was a behind-the-scenes thing where Pikachu (Yellow's signature Pokemon) is only found, in the non-Yellow Gen I games, in either the Viridian Forest and Power Plant. Viridian Forest is the first place to likely find a Pikachu in those games, and a forest sounds more fitting to get powers from than a power plant, right? ...... Kusaka might've used any of this as why the powers come from the Viridian Forest.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

    My Current HeartGold Team:

    If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

    STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weedy Spyze View Post
    Who or what is a Myuu?
    Myuu is Mew I think

    Except no. Sapphire was Ruby's rival, yes. But her adventure was given just as much focus as Ruby's was so she was also a main hero of the arc as well. With Blue and Silver, they were only written as foils to Red and Gold and focus was only given to their journeys when they met up with the main hero of the story at the time. R/S decided to do things differently and follow both character's stories at the same time. Whether that's what the writers should've done with Blue and Silver as well is opinion I guess
    Yeah I agree to your point of view. Ruby and Sapphire was given the same focused way(Even in the epilogue, Ruby was focused more). I don't like liked Silver rivallity with Gold, It is kinda not really suitable because Gold is always lose in front of people and Silver. And showed winnning off screen *Sighh*.

    His parents died when he was young, and he was shuffled to different relatives he hadn't met before and were jerks that didn't want a kid or whatever. He eventually came across the Trick Master...somehow. I can't even remember. And I just finished reading the Emerald arc yesterday...
    It is kinda weird but.... I love Emerald because of this reason. Kinda remind me at a time :'(. Well Love Emerald is one of Unpopular opinions so It is kinda count. I am still curious why People love Yellow more. Yeah I am comparing Emerald and Yellow. Never with Wally. But his Immaturity disturbs me. Even he has the worst outfit, He still got the coolest hair

    And for me I don't think Pokedex Holders Rank is not that special. Yeah they are a very great battler but I am starting to think that Pokedex Holders rank are too overated
    And that is the reason why I still love both Wally and Emerald.
    Credit for Spockisnotimpressed's Tumblr

    If you think the world should be a better place for everyone put this in you sig. (started by Mewmie the shiny Mew)

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Psychic View Post
    And for me I don't think Pokedex Holders Rank is not that special. Yeah they are a very great battler but I am starting to think that Pokedex Holders rank are too overated
    And that is the reason why I still love both Wally and Emerald.
    They're just Trainers who happen to have a Pokedex, happen to get caught up in a world crisis due to an organization and happen to take part in preventing said crisis. It's not as though Oak and the other Professors gave the Pokedex to charge them with saving the world. It just happens. The same can be said of the games.

    Also I wonder why Wally still couldn't be Emerald like it was his surname. Wally Emerald or Mitsuru Emerald could've worked. It'd be similar to Platinum and it's not like Kusaka isn't known for this where he foreshadow an future arc based on a game that wasn't released then. Inadvertently or otherwise.
    Last edited by matt0044; 16th July 2012 at 4:29 PM.

    You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I would've made 'Emerald' an alias or a nickname or something. It would've worked with all of the other Pokedex holders anyway because Ruby was the only one he had met before and would've known his real name.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomNamikaze View Post
    Well, good luck. You already showed some nice ideas on how to improve PokéSpe, it would be interesting to see how that fanfic would turn out.



    I guess they made Anabel the leader because she is the Brain of the supposedly most difficult facility of the Battle Frontier. But I really don't know if Brandon would fit that role. I heard he has it in the anime, but the anime and manga are two different stories, and so Brandon can have a totally different personality (fitting or unfitting to be a leader) in the two canons. I agree though, that Anabel didn't do much of anything during the arc.

    But it has been asked in the official website,

    whether there will be confrontation Anabel and Palmer,

    and Kusaka also said Anabel and Palmer on a par......

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •