Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions about Pokemon manga

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    One thing I didn'y really like was how the Platinum arc took so long. Seriously, 10 months just for one volume. Another thimg I didn't like was how the HGSS arc was just a little rushed, and kinda too short. Another thing I hated was how there were two goals for the chapter: Find Lance and find Giovanni, but both plots went unresolved, and since this is probably the last time we see Silver, we may never now what happened to Giovanni. Also, how did people, who live in the Region of Johto, know about Sinnoh Pokemon, including Arceus, which not even the Dexholders from Sinnoh know about.
    Patient, HGSS volumes is still not over yet.

Arceus is known not surprising, so does in the game.

And Lance even know Lugia, Giovanni know Deoxys......
    Last edited by e9310103838; 14th September 2012 at 11:22 AM.

I don't like Gold. All the other characters felt like they have grown and Gold just struck me as a brat. Sort of like Naruto prior to him getting older. The kid has talent he just annoys me. Silver I found much more interesting since he had far more depth than in the games which I wish every time I ran into I would pile drive him into the dirt cause hes sooo mean! He makes Blue from the games look tame.
    Chris I thought was cool despite the OP's dislike for her. I thought she was different since she was a catcher and not just a battler which was neat.
    Red is probably my favorite though. Hes like a grown up Ash that manages to win a league championship. That reminds me, Ash needs to stop being 11. Its been like a decade since that shows been on.

Certain aspects leave much to be desired, I always seem to find entertainment value in each arc be it Yellow or Emerald. Yes, THAT arc. True certain things bug me but there can be a difference between quality and entertainment. Hell, a few things about Volumes 10 and 11 that stopped it from being boring was me liking Crys (whom I find to be cute) and even Eusine.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Your signature broke the rules so I removed your images. Make sure to read them

My Tumblr of Truth

Don't ask me what I think about all of the characters, but I am a BIG fan of Pearl

Am I the only one who thinks the Black and White arc is rushed? I feel like everything is happening so fast, and I can't even grasp what's going on. I also dislike how they portrayed N. I love, love, love N - he's my favorite character in BW and BW2, but the manga just made him more creepy than anything else.
    e, e, e, electric shock
    The electric shocks are flowing down my body
    About to faint, risky, e l e c t r i f y i n g
    Set the voltage, love me

I’m in shock

the name tradition is kinda dsitrubing
    and i think i kinda like creepy N XD

As interesting as PokeSpe's take on N is, I wish he was more emotive in facial expressions or he got more mad than sad.
    Pokemon: The Black & White Adventure: 14 year old Hilda is a Pokemon Trainer with a secret: she can talk to Pokemon. After setting off into Unova with her starter, she gets involved in the affairs of Team Plasma and becomes acquainted with N, a mysterious guy her age with the exact same abilities as her. While enjoying her life, a tangled web of mystery is weaved around her and the reveal may shock her beyond belief...

Join the adventure by clicking the link above. Read & Review.

Your signature broke the rules so I removed your images. Make sure to read them

My Tumblr of Truth

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I don't really like N's protrayal in the manga much at all. He just exists to be some creepy dude, and always has a blank stare of indifference on his face like matt said. In the games I've always imagined N to be much more emotive, and acting pretty much like a child. In the manga he's just...boring. But Black makes up for it because he's awesome.

Oh and if Pryce is gonna be fighting Dialga, then my only request is for the metal dragon to kick his sorry old *** kthnx.

The DP Arc is the second best Arc..RS Arc is first (Diamond is one of my favorite characters because unlike Ruby..his personally didn't get annoying and he had great character development)

Here's mine.

I skipped over most of the R/S chapter. I found the storyline boring, I just couldn't get into it at all. Not to mention, Sapphire really pissed me off too so I just went right on to the FireRed/LeafGreen chapter.

Thanks to Skiyomi for the banner!

I think that the RS Arc was the best chapter, because they were characters that you'd least expect. Honestly, when did you ever hear of the boy protagonist as the Coordinator, and the girl protagonist as the Gym Challenger? I'm not being sexist here, really, and I do not intend to be. Ruby was hilarious for me, and really grew as a character, to me at least. He went from a nitpicker to someone who you thought was pretty cool.

Also, I don't like Emerald as a character, and would've preferred to have Wally as the main protag for that chapter instead. There could've been a cool chapter about how Ruby would eventually give Ruru to Wally again, or something. I don't know. I just don't like Emerald.
    Pokemon Sapphire Scramble Challenge!
    Completed!

~Look At All The Bothers I Give~

Green is the girl. Blue is the boy.
    Wally is overrated...but he's better than Emerald.
    This isn't so unpopular for the games or anime, but it seems to be for the manga: Generations 1 and 2 of Special were better than RSE and beyond, I refuse to even associate them with Special. Yellow was weak, but still better than gens 3-5.

~marioluigifan05

Edit: Can comeone get rid of the attached image at the bottom of my post? I don't know how, it doesn't show up to delete when I put "Edit Post".

My unpopular opinion? I REALLY disliked B/W. I think it was rushed, I don't like any of the main characters, and the storyline is completely uninteresting to me.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    My unpopular opinion? I REALLY disliked B/W. I think it was rushed, I don't like any of the main characters, and the storyline is completely uninteresting to me.
    Same here! They made N REALLY unsympathetic...I have lost all respect for them. I'm supposed to feel sorry for this bastard?

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Same here! They made N REALLY unsympathetic...I have lost all respect for them. I'm supposed to feel sorry for this bastard?
    I agree! I think that B/W also just sucked out all the charm that the other sagas had. I was really disappointed with it. :/ I just hope they correct their mistakes with the X/Y manga.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    I agree! I think that B/W also just sucked out all the charm that the other sagas had. I was really disappointed with it. :/ I just hope they correct their mistakes with the X/Y manga.
    I probably won't be reading it, but I'm sure it will at least be better than BW manga.
    Black and White (the characters) aren't much better, like you said.

Hmm I always found RBGY to be the weakest chapters. I found Red/Green (boy) and Yellow to be generic. Blue (girl) I thought was unique because of her trickery and stuff. I also thought GSC was good and RS FRLG. After the PokeSpe seemed to become rushed.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Is it suddenly okay to bump threads or something?

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Is it suddenly okay to bump threads or something?
    There aren't many other threads from the last month, so I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    There aren't many other threads from the last month, so I guess?
    Still isn't it against the rules?

Screw the rules, I have money!

Still isn't it against the rules?

Screw the rules, I have money!
    Yes.

On that note:

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Hmm I always found RBGY to be the weakest chapters. I found Red/Green (boy) and Yellow to be generic. Blue (girl) I thought was unique because of her trickery and stuff. I also thought GSC was good and RS FRLG. After the PokeSpe seemed to become rushed.
    Oddly, I agree and disagree with you. While I agree that Red, Green, and Yellow are pretty generic, I still like how Red and Green were in the RGB arc. I feel like they've only gotten more generic and boring (Blue too) over time barring some of Green's snappy comments in FR/LG.

Definitely agree with how rush PokeSpe seemed to become.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Unpopular opinion--the ending of Special's Platinum arc ripped off several elements from DPA.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Nov 20th, 2013)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    Yes.
    Then shouldn't this thread be locked? I'm just really confused now.

Then shouldn't this thread be locked? I'm just really confused now.
    Given that we're still managing to hold a conversation here, I don't think that's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani View Post
    Unpopular opinion--the ending of Special's Platinum arc ripped off several elements from DPA.
    I'd heard about this, but while I've read DPA I haven't bothered to read Platinum yet. Though given that FRLG ripped off The First Movie and Destiny Deoxys, and Emerald was basically Jirachi Wishmaker with the Battle Frontier pasted on and the serial numbers filed off, I wouldn't be surprised.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Platinum maybe but others seemed like homages and shout outs to the other Pokemon media out there. I think it's pretty cool actually.

N in PokeSpe isn't bad but I mostly don't like how unexpressive he is outside of a small smile.
    Last edited by matt0044; 31st January 2013 at 7:52 PM.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast