Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Sird???

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    No it was Orm who died. She didn't appear physically in the Emerald chapter but in a flashback that took place before the events in FRLG. And just to note, I completely forgot that Riley said Sird escaped in the Platinum chapter. So she's still out there somewhere. False alarm, sorry.
    At this point, i think that even Kusaka doesn't know what he's going to do with Sird. Her appeareance in the DP chapter and then escape was very anticlimatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    At this point, i think that even Kusaka doesn't know what he's going to do with Sird. Her appeareance in the DP chapter and then escape was very anticlimatic.
    Nah I'm pretty sure Kusaka plans ahead everytime. Maybe if it was a character from the games that may appear in future games like Giovanni then Kusaka could "defeat" that character temporarily and plan his return when a reappearance in a future game is confirmed. But since Sird is a manga-original character, Kusaka most likely planned things out before deciding to let Sird escape. I'm still crossing my fingers for a HGSS appearance. But if she doesn't appear there, then I'm gonna have to go with your statement that even Kusaka is confused with Sird's future. If there was foreshadowing of Sird appearing in a future chapter like Emerald did then a future appearance would make sense but after the mention in the Platinum chapter, there were no hints of Sird appearing sometime in the future. So seriously, I only see a future appearance of Sird in the tiny slot reserved for the remainder of HGSS. There is no room for Sird in BW/B2W2 as well as no way to make her appearance there relevant, and honestly in Generation VI I'm pretty sure all connections to Sird's previous affiliations would be cut by then. A villain can only have so many ranges of plans and I'm pretty sure Sird's plans do not extend to the plot of Generation VI or beyond (I thought it was pretty clear, though, that Sird is definitely interested in the Creation trio which is why I think she's connected to the Arceus plot in HGSS).

No it was Orm who died. She didn't appear physically in the Emerald chapter but in a flashback that took place before the events in FRLG. And just to note, I completely forgot that Riley said Sird escaped in the Platinum chapter. So she's still out there somewhere. False alarm, sorry.
    I see.. I'm just dying to see her again.

Thanks to Skiyomi for the banner!

Originally posted by xEryChan
    I see.. I'm just dying to see her again.

I'm a little dying to see her too. Just need to wait for Volume 43 and Coronis' summary of Volume 43, ending the HGSS chapter. I need to finish up the volume for my VG project idea. This effort is driving me nuts.
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    I'm a little dying to see her too. Just need to wait for Volume 43 and Coronis' summary of Volume 43, ending the HGSS chapter. I need to finish up the volume for my VG project idea. This effort is driving me nuts.
    I finished reading all the volumes of the HG/SS chapter and she has yet to appear. She's probably not going to either.

I finished reading all the volumes of the HG/SS chapter and she has yet to appear. She's probably not going to either.
    So, you went into the future, picked up Volume 43 (which isn't out for 5 more days), and brought it back to the present? Are you a wizard?

Anyways, if Sird showed up I would be a little disappointed that they tried to cram her into a portion of a volume. It's already borderlining on rushed cluster**** knowing that Giovanni, Pryce, and Lance are involved and BW starts in this volume.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Originally posted by xEryChan
    What? I don't believe this. Do you have Volume 43?
    I am Red, Knights of the Pokemon Round Table. I have come afar to bring justice to all warriors and trainers with my valiant Pokemon and my weapon.

One thing is for sure, and that is, Sird won't be defeated in this chapter. A cameo is possible, but a full appearance is highly unlikely.

I do wonder how many rounds of HG-SS are left. Are they trying to pull a Vol. 15 situation? Only one, big round left and the rest of the content is BW?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_the_knight View Post
    What? I don't believe this. Do you have Volume 43?
    No, I read it online. I don't think they've released any volumes from the HG/SS chapter yet, I'm not sure.

No, I read it online. I don't think they've released any volumes from the HG/SS chapter yet, I'm not sure.
    Volumes 41 and 42 are entirely HGSS.

I do wonder how many rounds of HG-SS are left. Are they trying to pull a Vol. 15 situation? Only one, big round left and the rest of the content is BW?
    Considering that it looks like the cover is going to be based on BW, I'm not expecting any more than a couple chapters to finish off HGSS. Sort of like how Vol. 15 had the final chapter of GSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    So, you went into the future, picked up Volume 43 (which isn't out for 5 more days), and brought it back to the present? Are you a wizard?

Anyways, if Sird showed up I would be a little disappointed that they tried to cram her into a portion of a volume. It's already borderlining on rushed cluster**** knowing that Giovanni, Pryce, and Lance are involved and BW starts in this volume.
    Well think about it. If Sird doesn't appear in Volume 43, where else could she appear? Sird disappeared from the commanders in the Platinum chapter without a trace and she didn't even leave behind a hint or foreshadowing of a future appearance. If she's gonna appear in Generation V or a future generation (though if her next appearance will be in Generation VI or beyond that is a LONG hiatus especially without hints) then there should at least have been a mention that she is affiliated with Plasma or something (but seriously, her being connected to Plasma is WAY too much, I mean seriously, pick a side). At least HGSS has Sinnoh legendaries and since Sird is affiliated with a team that is after those legendaries an appearance in HGSS will make sense. And I said this before, I don't even care if Sird isn't defeated in Volume 43. As long as she appears then I'll be satisfied (and if Kusaka is planning future appearances then some foreshadowing would be useful). But I have this feeling...Sird is already defeated off-screen and it'll be mentioned in Volume 43 (and it won't take that many panels for a mere mention). Think about it, the Cloaked grunt handed back the Pokedex to the Sinnoh holders and he makes it sound like there wasn't even much of a fight. I doubt Sird would just give up the Pokedex without a fight after all she went through to get those. My suspicions are that a force (or forces) that clashed with Sird in the past eventually caught up with her and took care of her once and for all. It could have been Giovanni in retaliation for petrifying his son, Mewtwo who eventually caught up with her, or the previous Dexholders who were either directly or indirectly affiliated with her (which would actually be all Dexholders from Kanto to Sinnoh). Let's just be honest, I don't know about you guys but I seriously can't see Sird being placed in any plot past HGSS. Her true intentions go up to Galactic and so Plasma and beyond are past her time. When Kusaka was designing Sird I'm certain he didn't plan on putting her in a chapter four generations down the road (not to mention that at the time, future generations weren't even for certain). And to put an original villain in longevity, Kusaka would have had to scrap original plans and slap on new ones, which he did at least once because I doubt Team Galactic and their plans weren't released to the public in 2004. But to make her last till Gen V and beyond...that takes a LOT of scrapping original plans. Okay, doing it once is a good strategy but after a few more villainous-team hopping, it kinda becomes bleak (I think even Kusaka would find it hard to come up with a reason for Sird to be loyal to Galactic and then suddenly go to Plasma, and then Gen VI's villainous team).

Considering that it looks like the cover is going to be based on BW, I'm not expecting any more than a couple chapters to finish off HGSS. Sort of like how Vol. 15 had the final chapter of GSC.
    I don't think a couple of rounds will cover an explanation for Pryce's reappearance and calming a pissed-off Arceus. I think Volume 43 will be mostly HGSS and a couple BW rounds. And I was kinda hoping that HGSS would do more to wrap up previous plotholes and allow us to see the older Dexholders one last time before they become adults (BW most likely takes place several years after HGSS, proof is how 14-year old Caitlin looks like she's in her 20's in BW). Sird could have been the one thing that ties the older Dexholders to the new ones allowing for one last Dexholder reunion but the small portion of HGSS makes chances of that event look slim. Though, it could be possible if the last rounds of HGSS are really long and BW doesn't take up too much space in Volume 43. And just to note, did anyone see the character profile for Gold's Pichu as foreshadowing since its location was listed as "?"? I think that could be seen as a Yellow appearance hint. Also, does Kusaka tend to sometimes not keep up with earlier promises? At the end of Volume 41, it said that Volume 42 would be the "climax" of the chapter so that meant that Volume 42 was supposed to be the last volume.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 21st January 2013 at 3:58 AM.

If she's gonna appear in Generation V or a future generation (though if her next appearance will be in Generation VI or beyond that is a LONG hiatus especially without hints) then there should at least have been a mention that she is affiliated with Plasma or something (but seriously, her being connected to Plasma is WAY too much, I mean seriously, pick a side). At least HGSS has Sinnoh legendaries and since Sird is affiliated with a team that is after those legendaries an appearance in HGSS will make sense. And I said this before, I don't even care if Sird isn't defeated in Volume 43. As long as she appears then I'll be satisfied (and if Kusaka is planning future appearances then some foreshadowing would be useful).
    What I think could work is a Dexholder reunion in B2W2 (World Tournament related, maybe?) to take on Sird once and for all. In fact, it would be cool if Sird DID make a brief cameo in HGSS to hint at retreating and regrouping to emerge # years later in the B2W2 arc. I think having her involved with Colress and Plasma would be a little too far, but maybe have her as an independent "final boss after the final boss" character. However, I have a feeling none of this will happen as they will gloss over B2W2 in order to get to the XY arc.

But I have this feeling...Sird is already defeated off-screen and it'll be mentioned in Volume 43 (and it won't take that many panels for a mere mention).
    Honestly, I would probably lose all respect for Kusaka if he pulled such a stunt. Sird has been built up as a powerful enemy and to have her defeat handwaved in such a manner would be the equivalent of having all of the Dexholders stand up and flip the bird to the reader in a group pose. (Oh great, that'll be on someone's DeviantArt page before the week's over, I'm sure)

And to put an original villain in longevity, Kusaka would have had to scrap original plans and slap on new ones, which he did at least once because I doubt Team Galactic and their plans weren't released to the public in 2004.
    Well, it's guaranteed that each generation was going to have an evil empire of their own. Kusaka could have had Sird's alliance to the Gen IV team planned without any further details. The first real hints of Sird's alliance with Galactic come in the end of the Emerald arc which was released WAAAAAAAY after Gen IV started. For all we know, he could have Sird planned out for Plasma and whatever Gen VI has.

Also, does Kusaka tend to sometimes not keep up with earlier promises? At the end of Volume 41, it said that Volume 42 would be the "climax" of the chapter so that meant that Volume 42 was supposed to be the last volume.
    Don't forget that infamous Red chapter.

And just to note, did anyone see the character profile for Gold's Pichu as foreshadowing since its location was listed as "?"? I think that could be seen as a Yellow appearance hint.
    No, no. Gold's Pichu is REALLY the Hood Man in BW's League Tournament! *ducks*

Sird being defeated off-screen? No, no...and no. That would be the worst possible way to wrap up her storyline. Kusaka is clever, we all know that, so i'm expecting a much better outcome.
    I think Coronis mentioned something about a hint of Celebi appearing, along the Pichu one.

Sird being defeated off-screen? No, no...and no. That would be the worst possible way to wrap up her storyline. Kusaka is clever, we all know that, so i'm expecting a much better outcome.
    I think Coronis mentioned something about a hint of Celebi appearing, along the Pichu one.
    Maybe we get to see spiky eared Pichu too. Maybe Celebi will send them back in time to reveal them something, like in the game event. We know that Kusaka won't end it with a lame ending. He always surprised us and killing Saque of-screen isn't like Kusaka.

What I think could work is a Dexholder reunion in B2W2 (World Tournament related, maybe?) to take on Sird once and for all. In fact, it would be cool if Sird DID make a brief cameo in HGSS to hint at retreating and regrouping to emerge # years later in the B2W2 arc. I think having her involved with Colress and Plasma would be a little too far, but maybe have her as an independent "final boss after the final boss" character. However, I have a feeling none of this will happen as they will gloss over B2W2 in order to get to the XY arc.
    I agree with you 100% on that having Sird be a part of Plasma would be WAY too much. But how can there be two separate evil forces in one chapter? Name one time in Pokemon Special that that ever happened. It remains doubtful that BW2 will even be a long chapter. There's always a central plot in one chapter so having two major separate forces wouldn't work out.

Honestly, I would probably lose all respect for Kusaka if he pulled such a stunt. Sird has been built up as a powerful enemy and to have her defeat handwaved in such a manner would be the equivalent of having all of the Dexholders stand up and flip the bird to the reader in a group pose. (Oh great, that'll be on someone's DeviantArt page before the week's over, I'm sure)
    I have to disagree with you on that. I said this in the beginning of this thread but Sird was the subject of major let-downs several times in the manga. Think about it, every time Sird does some amazing feat you would think only a hard-core villain could do only to reveal a few volumes later that it was just some form of cheap trick. For example, Sird owned Darkrai and it was powerful enough to stand up to Mewtwo and petrify the surroundings. Only later, you find out that Sird wasn't even strong enough to control Darkrai so she had to release it to the Distortion World. Also, heaven knows how the three pixies managed to steal the Pokedexes from Sird without even a scratch. And then there's the fact that you think after Sird reveals to not be loyal to Giovanni and having given the equipment to Archie for mysterious purposes, you would think that she would turn out to be an awesome villain with cool original purposes only to turn out to be Cyrus's b*tch all along. And let's not forget her infamous trait: she is way too lazy (or not powerful enough?) to do her own things. She always manipulates some lackey to do the work for her like Archie and the Cloaked Grunt and perhaps the Rocket generals (well I guess her manipulation skills can be praised). Name one time that Sird actually managed to get something done by herself. I'm sorry to tell you this but Sird never was the epic villain you would think she could have been.

Yes but if Sird isn't defeated in HGSS where else could she be defeated? She ties in with the first four villainous teams and after Volume 43 all of them will be defeated once and for all (assuming there will be no more remakes). And please don't speculate that she is connected to Team Plasma. Not only will it be, like I said, WAY too much but Plasma already has enough executives that it needs and there is no foreshadowing whatsoever that Sird is connected to any more villainous teams. There is hardly enough space left in HGSS so if Sird isn't defeated there, then I seriously don't know where else she could appear, let alone be defeated.

But c'mon, just consider my theory. Sird is one of the very few sources that the Rocket generals could have heard from about Sinnoh legendaries. If you think about it, then any legendary could have been used to satisfy Archer's plan. Also, consider how Sird left Galactic before it was truly over (if she was truly loyal to Cyrus, then she would have tagged along with the other commanders). I would presume that if Sird wasn't loyal to Cyrus himself like the other commanders were, then she probably joined Galactic solely for the Pokemon they were after, the Creation trio. It makes sense if you think about it. Galactic failed to capture Dialga and Palkia so Sird resorted to her own method to obtain the Creation trio, which would be to manipulate the Rocket generals (she's good at manipulating people) into capturing Arceus to create a new set of the Creation trio.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 21st January 2013 at 4:44 PM.

I agree with you 100% on that having Sird be a part of Plasma would be WAY too much. But how can there be two separate evil forces in one chapter? Name one time in Pokemon Special that that ever happened. It remains doubtful that BW2 will even be a long chapter. There's always a central plot in one chapter so having two major separate forces wouldn't work out.
    I'm not so sure about that. Don't forget that BW2 aren't remakes or like the 3rd games of a generation, they are sequels. There is a possibility that the BW2 arc is longer than you think. Even thought we won't see the beat all eight gymleaders in the arc, but I'm sure there will be a lot of traveling to introduce the new places. Hue wants revenge against team Plasma and I don't think he'll get it in three volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Don't forget that BW2 aren't remakes or like the 3rd games of a generation, they are sequels. There is a possibility that the BW2 arc is longer than you think. Even thought we won't see the beat all eight gymleaders in the arc, but I'm sure there will be a lot of traveling to introduce the new places. Hue wants revenge against team Plasma and I don't think he'll get it in three volumes.
    Yeah that's what I'm saying, the plot will be around Hugh getting revenge on neo-Plasma and hopefully we'll see an unstable Ghetsis and his Kyurem mutation (hopefully we see both forms). So Sird has no place in that plot. If anything, the PWT will just be a celebration-thingy at the end of the chapter like the Battle Dome was in Emerald and we'll probably see the Dexholders that were competitors in the games like Red and Blue but I don't think we'll see anyone else besides them (and even for them it'll probably be a cameo). I don't see the PWT as a method to bring Sird back into the plot. And yes I definitely agree with you that the BW2 chapter will be as long as BW, DP, RS etc. because it is a sequel, an entirely new plot rather than a third version/remake with just a few extra features.

Yeah that's what I'm saying, the plot will be around Hugh getting revenge on neo-Plasma and hopefully we'll see an unstable Ghetsis and his Kyurem mutation (hopefully we see both forms). So Sird has no place in that plot. If anything, the PWT will just be a celebration-thingy at the end of the chapter like the Battle Dome was in Emerald and we'll probably see the Dexholders that were competitors in the games like Red and Blue but I don't think we'll see anyone else besides them (and even for them it'll probably be a cameo). I don't see the PWT as a method to bring Sird back into the plot. And yes I definitely agree with you that the BW2 chapter will be as long as BW, DP, RS etc. because it is a sequel, an entirely new plot rather than a third version/remake with just a few extra features.
    and that brings us to the question of where Kusaka plans to finish Saque off. The only hopes we have left is that most of vol 43 will be HGSS plot were Saque is revealed to have manipulated the Rocket admins a la Xehanort style in making them believe that Arceus will bring Giovanni back and since she knows that Archer is suffering from a mental decease. She know's that he'll eventually goes berserk and become the perfect puppet for her to control.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    and that brings us to the question of where Kusaka plans to finish Saque off. The only hopes we have left is that most of vol 43 will be HGSS plot were Saque is revealed to have manipulated the Rocket admins a la Xehanort style in making them believe that Arceus will bring Giovanni back and since she knows that Archer is suffering from a mental decease. She know's that he'll eventually goes berserk and become the perfect puppet for her to control.
    I'm pretty sure he plans on finishing Sird off at some point. But like I said several times, the only place left for Sird to conveniently appear and be finished off without it looking like an a**pull is in HGSS.

And also, unrelated to Sird but rather possible appearances, remember at the end of the Emerald chapter where Emerald's Pokemon were paired with other Dexholder's Pokemon of the same species? And ever notice how all those Pokemon are evolutions of baby Pokemon introduced in Generation IV? I'm pretty sure that's way too much to be a coincidence and I never saw Kusaka drop a hint in the manga only to not follow up with it in the end. So anyone think we'll see the offspring of those paired Pokemon at the end of HGSS? Since Gold is "The Hatcher" and all. It would be pretty cool if either Archer or Sird (whoever ends up being the big bad of the chapter) thinks that since Arceus is the creator and the most powerful Pokemon their opponents have no chance only for Gold to bring out the eggs then have them hatched into seemingly powerless baby Pokemon only to reveal that Gold was able to bring out their fullest potential and so a combined attack is able to conquer Arceus. That could serve as a symbol that new beginnings can wrap up old stories (the babies eliminated Sird who lasted over a decade) which also symbolizes BW which is also a new beginning. This is just an idea that I'm throwing out but Kusaka still revealed to the audience the pairings of the Pokemon at the end of the Emerald chapter (and there still has to be a reason why Emerald's team is male for only non-paired Pokemon and female for only paired Pokemon, usually a Dexholder's team is all one gender) and I'm almost certain that something will come out of that.

And let's not forget her infamous trait: she is way too lazy (or not powerful enough?) to do her own things. She always manipulates some lackey to do the work for her like Archie and the Cloaked Grunt and perhaps the Rocket generals (well I guess her manipulation skills can be praised). Name one time that Sird actually managed to get something done by herself. I'm sorry to tell you this but Sird never was the epic villain you would think she could have been.
    And you just explained why I think Sird is an epic villain, she has access to what I feel is the most dangerous weapon: the mind. I'm sorry to tell you THIS, but manipulation and mind games are just as powerful as physical strength and mobility. I mean, think about it. Your long spiel feels like an attempt to prove superiority by trying to manipulate me into conceding that Sird was a shitty villain. Does that mean that you're lazy (or not powerful enough)?

But c'mon, just consider my theory. Sird is one of the very few sources that the Rocket generals could have heard from about Sinnoh legendaries. If you think about it, then any legendary could have been used to satisfy Archer's plan. Also, consider how Sird left Galactic before it was truly over (if she was truly loyal to Cyrus, then she would have tagged along with the other commanders). I would presume that if Sird wasn't loyal to Cyrus himself like the other commanders were, then she probably joined Galactic solely for the Pokemon they were after, the Creation trio. It makes sense if you think about it. Galactic failed to capture Dialga and Palkia so Sird resorted to her own method to obtain the Creation trio, which would be to manipulate the Rocket generals (she's good at manipulating people) into capturing Arceus to create a new set of the Creation trio.
    Now, I will agree with your theory. That would be a great way to work Sird into HGSS.

Yeah, I totally agree that B2W2 should be the same length as BW. That's okay, I can wait until 2015+ to see the XY arc.

I remeber hearing an interesting theory about Sird. It said thay she was the last person that used Jirachi's wishes 1000 years ago. It said that she wished for immortality, and that would explain why she is able to survive for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    I remeber hearing an interesting theory about Sird. It said thay she was the last person that used Jirachi's wishes 1000 years ago. It said that she wished for immortality, and that would explain why she is able to survive for so long.
    Yeah that's a pretty well-known theory and it may be possible but her lasting this long in the manga isn't a lifetime span and thus not valid evidence. The time difference between RS (where she was first shown in person and revealed two seconds later that she was interfering behind the scenes) and DP which is her most recent appearance is something like four to five years, definitely not a lifetime. And Sird never really sustained any fatal injuries that would threaten her life, so she was never shown surviving something that would normally kill a person (no one would die because of ice cuffs forming around the legs, heck Red's whole body was frozen once, and Red and Blue were frozen by Articuno's attack once though I'm not sure if it's as dangerous as Lorelei's ice cuffs). The only trait of her that I think may support that theory is how she looks. I mean, the first time I saw a picture of her on Bulbapedia I couldn't even decide whether she was human (and I'm still not 100% sure).

Alright since Sird didn't appear in HGSS I guess BW2 or beyond is possible (definite for somewhere in the future, though). Now I'm gonna speculate that Hood Man may be Sird because of the eyes and the striking resemblance of the mask to Guile's. Alright so now that my theory of Sird being in HGSS is crushed, I guess I can work out what intentions Sird could possibly have to join Plasma. Someone told me this before and it does make some sense so I'll state it here. Ghetsis wanted to know more about the affairs of Rocket and Galactic, two other villainous teams that could either rival Plasma or Ghetsis could learn from those teams and their mistakes in order to not make the same ones (in the games, one grunt even says that Plasma was careful not to make the same mistakes Rocket and Galactic made). Sird is some sort of spy or agent so Ghetsis hires her to infiltrate Galactic and learn more about it. And then Cyrus tells her to infiltrate Rocket (an infiltration within an infiltration, inception anyone?). It's somewhat clear that Sird wasn't loyal to Cyrus after all since she didn't appear with the other Commanders to help Cyrus. And also, the PWT may showcase all Dexholders so that could be the perfect opportunity for Sird to swipe all the Pokedex's at once. Though it's not gonna work unless Sird is by Ghetsis's side.

Sird is some sort of spy or agent so Ghetsis hires her to infiltrate Galactic and learn more about it. And then Cyrus tells her to infiltrate Rocket (an infiltration within an infiltration, inception anyone?).
    Suddenly, Ghetsis obtaining the Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, and Grecious Orb makes sense now.

Yeah, I totally agree that B2W2 should be the same length as BW. That's okay, I can wait until 2015+ to see the XY arc.
    Since Black/White 2 have merged with the current manga, I could see the XY arc starting sometime late this year or early next year. Kusaka sure rushed previous two chapters to get done with the arcs.
    Last edited by A_Merry_Snowrunt; 25th January 2013 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Merry_Snowrunt View Post
    Suddenly, Ghetsis obtaining the Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, and Grecious Orb makes sense now.

Since Black/White 2 have merged with the current manga, I could see the XY arc starting sometime late this year or early next year. Kusaka sure rushed previous two chapters to get done with the arcs.
    Huh? What are you talking about? Since when did Black and White 2 merge with the Black and White chapter?

And Ghetsis had the orbs in the games. He was never seen with them in the manga and Sird isn't in the games so how Ghetsis came to be in possession of the orbs in the games has nothing to do with Sird (and Generation V is done so it probably will never be explained either, my guess is that Ghetsis toured Sinnoh at one time). And Kusaka never rushed anything (talking about official volumes, not magazines). Chapters not based off of the original pair of games released at the start of the generation never has more than a couple volumes. The Platinum chapter wrapped up the story of Sinnoh quite nicely and it looks like HGSS was never supposed to continue the events of Generation IV but rather to tie up loose ends from before and set up the stories that takes place after (so basically it's glue for broken timelines I guess).

Alright since Sird didn't appear in HGSS I guess BW2 or beyond is possible (definite for somewhere in the future, though). Now I'm gonna speculate that Hood Man may be Sird because of the eyes and the striking resemblance of the mask to Guile's. Alright so now that my theory of Sird being in HGSS is crushed, I guess I can work out what intentions Sird could possibly have to join Plasma. Someone told me this before and it does make some sense so I'll state it here. Ghetsis wanted to know more about the affairs of Rocket and Galactic, two other villainous teams that could either rival Plasma or Ghetsis could learn from those teams and their mistakes in order to not make the same ones (in the games, one grunt even says that Plasma was careful not to make the same mistakes Rocket and Galactic made). Sird is some sort of spy or agent so Ghetsis hires her to infiltrate Galactic and learn more about it. And then Cyrus tells her to infiltrate Rocket (an infiltration within an infiltration, inception anyone?). It's somewhat clear that Sird wasn't loyal to Cyrus after all since she didn't appear with the other Commanders to help Cyrus. And also, the PWT may showcase all Dexholders so that could be the perfect opportunity for Sird to swipe all the Pokedex's at once. Though it's not gonna work unless Sird is by Ghetsis's side.
    That theory, I totally forgot about it and I never thought that it would be a possibility or that it would make sense. I guess you can never know what happens. It makes more sense now. I think making her appear in the end of BW arc as intro for bw2 arc could work. Thought the question is what would her role be in BW2, she brought a lot of trouble to the dexowners, it'll be lame if the other dexowners didn't appear when she's finished off for good. It would make her appearances in the other arcs quite useless. I guess we have to wait for the magazines to release new chapters.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 27th January 2013 at 9:16 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast